» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Ken Lay kicks the bucket.

Written By: Jessica on 07/05/06 at 11:03 am

http://money.cnn.com/2006/07/05/news/newsmakers/lay_death/index.htm?cnn=yes

He supposedly had a heart attack. But in the immortal words of Bob Hoskins character from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"...."You have to have a heart before you can have an attack."

Subject: Re: Ken Lay kicks the bucket.

Written By: Davester on 07/05/06 at 12:39 pm

He ruined many, many, lives all in the pursuit of profit.  Now, only if Icahn, Lorenzo and some other parasites would join him...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/06 at 12:46 pm

I was shocked when I read this. I must admit that I am sorry about it because I really wanted to see him behind bars and become Bubba's b!tch.

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/05/06 at 1:43 pm

now it won't be as noticable when Bush pardons the rest of the criminals from Enron on his way out of office.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/05/06 at 3:24 pm

Guilty eh? Ha ha! So long suckers! I'm outta here!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/thefinger.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/06 at 3:30 pm

Guilty eh? Ha ha! So long suckers! I'm outta here!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/thefinger.gif

Of course he may meet up with this dude.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/diablotin.gif

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 07/05/06 at 3:33 pm

Of course he may meet up with this dude.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/diablotin.gif

Cat

As Satan Herself, I'm offended by that remark. He certainly isn't welcome in my domain.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/06 at 3:36 pm

As Satan Herself, I'm offended by that remark. He certainly isn't welcome in my domain.  ;D

I apologized. I wouldn't want to offend Satan Herself.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/05/06 at 3:43 pm

Somehow I will get over it!!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/05/06 at 3:44 pm

In the words of Powers Boothe in Tombstone........

"Bye."

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/06 at 3:45 pm

Somehow I will get over it!!

And I'm sure that will be really hard-NOT!!!

Cat

Written By: Davester on 07/05/06 at 3:46 pm

I apologized. I wouldn't want to offend Satan Herself.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

I thought you were talking about Bubba... :P

"Kenny Boy"...I could barf...

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/05/06 at 3:52 pm

And I'm sure that will be really hard-NOT!!!

Cat

hahaha

Written By: danootaandme on 07/05/06 at 4:31 pm

Like my mother used to say

Good riddance to bad rubbish

personally, I think he pulled his own plug in the same way Malcolm Forbes did.  I wish he had lived to do time with a nephew or two of some retiree.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/05/06 at 4:34 pm

Cat

Hmmm....might go something like this---

Kenny-boy: Excuse me, Meph, I think they booked me on the wrong flight.
Mephistopheles: You want I should call St. Peter?
Kenny-boy: Uh, yeah, I'm sure we can straighten out this misunderstanding.
Mephistopheles: OK, have a seat in the waiting room, be right with you.
Kenny-boy: Got anything to read besides the Nation?
Mephistopheles: For you? No. Nothin' personal, just house rules down here. That's the way it works.

______

Mephistopheles: Hello, Pete? Yeah, this is Meph, there's a guy named Ken Lay down here....I know they ALL say they're not supposed to be here, but...
I know, but my boss doesn't want him around here either. But...yeah, I know what the guy did. The furnaces went dim down here, we're on the California grid...Wait a second, Pete, I got a memo from Satan's office approving my request, I was gonna go get Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, and Big G was gonna take all the Enron guys...what do you mean "the fine print"? He's always pulling that "forgiveness" clause and getting in the way of my work! Yeah, yeah, Pete, I know it's not up to me, and Big G is still sore about Lucifer showing him up...but what about this Ken Lay? Oh, you sent a Seraphim down to tell him to give all his money to the needy people of the world...ah, Republicans never listen. Guess there's nothing I can do. See you at the softball game. So long Pete.

______

Kenny-boy: So when am I departing for the ether.
Mephistopheles: You're not.
Kenny-boy: 'The heck do ya mean, Meph?
Mephistopheles: Did you see a big guy in a white robe with a pair wings a couple of years ago?
Kenny-boy: Him? Oh yeah, that liberal fruitcake dressed like an angel snuck through my security gates...he was hollaring about how I had to give all my money to the poor if I wanted to get to heaven. You know, the usual BS liberals think Jesus said. Sicced my dogs on him, I did, had the cops haul him away.
Mephistopheles: Uh...Kenny, hate to tell you this, but it wasn't a guy dressed like an angel, it was a real angel. And I agree with you about that commie-wuss stuff Jesus was on about, but that's how Big G wants mankind to behave. I remember it like yesterday, I said , "Eve, this is an apple, try one, they're awesome!" She says, "But we're not supposed to....," and I'm like, you know, Him and His rules! So the Lord drove Adam and Eve out in a Fury..a Fury... wouldn't even let 'em ride in his Caddy? Can you imagine that? Then He sent me here with Lucifer... The guy just wigs out about these commandments, he's so bossy. The guy calls Himself "God"!
Kenny-boy: You mean, I'm stuck here in h-h-hell?
Mephistopheles: Yeah, but don't worry, it's not as bad as they say...well it kinda is, but you get used to it after a while, you know the lava baths, the endless Elton John records, and you know, this arrangment is only temporary.
Kenny-boy: But the Church always said hell is eternal...
Mephistopheles: There they go again, trying to scare everybody. No. Lucifer gets the throne up there again as soon as we win the softball tourney.
Kenny-boy: Soon, then?
Mephistopheles: Not sure. We ain't won a single game in seven thousand years! Mwuahahahaha!!!! Hey cheer up, Reagan and Caligula are over there, they wanna buy you a drink....
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/firedevil.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/06 at 4:54 pm

Mephistopheles: For you? No. Nothin' personal, just house rules down here. That's the way it works.

______

Mephistopheles: Hello, Pete? Yeah, this is Meph, there's a guy named Ken Lay down here....I know they ALL say they're not supposed to be here, but...
I know, but my boss doesn't want him around here either. But...yeah, I know what the guy did. The furnaces went dim down here, we're on the California grid...Wait a second, Pete, I got a memo from Satan's office approving my request, I was gonna go get Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, and Big G was gonna take all the Enron guys...what do you mean "the fine print"? He's always pulling that "forgiveness" clause and getting in the way of my work! Yeah, yeah, Pete, I know it's not up to me, and Big G is still sore about Lucifer showing him up...but what about this Ken Lay? Oh, you sent a Seraphim down to tell him to give all his money to the needy people of the world...ah, Republicans never listen. Guess there's nothing I can do. See you at the softball game. So long Pete.

______

Mephistopheles: Did you see a big guy in a white robe with a pair wings a couple of years ago?
Kenny-boy: Him? Oh yeah, that liberal fruitcake dressed like an angel snuck through my security gates...he was hollaring about how I had to give all my money to the poor if I wanted to get to heaven. You know, the usual BS liberals think Jesus said. Sicced my dogs on him, I did, had the cops haul him away.
Mephistopheles: Uh...Kenny, hate to tell you this, but it wasn't a guy dressed like an angel, it was a real angel. And I agree with you about that commie-wuss stuff Jesus was on about, but that's how Big G wants mankind to behave. I remember it like yesterday, I said , "Eve, this is an apple, try one, they're awesome!" She says, "But we're not supposed to....," and I'm like, you know, Him and His rules! So the Lord drove Adam and Eve out in a Fury..a Fury... wouldn't even let 'em ride in his Caddy? Can you imagine that? Then He sent me here with Lucifer... The guy just wigs out about these commandments, he's so bossy. The guy calls Himself "God"!
Mephistopheles: Yeah, but don't worry, it's not as bad as they say...well it kinda is, but you get used to it after a while, you know the lava baths, the endless Elton John records, and you know, this arrangment is only temporary.
Mephistopheles: There they go again, trying to scare everybody. No. Lucifer gets the throne up there again as soon as we win the softball tourney.
Mephistopheles: Not sure. We ain't won a single game in seven thousand years! Mwuahahahaha!!!! Hey cheer up, Reagan and Caligula are over there, they wanna buy you a drink....

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/1074.gif

Cat

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/05/06 at 5:10 pm

______

______

hilarious  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pfiade.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/ylsuper.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/05/06 at 9:20 pm

But in the immortal words of Bob Hoskins character from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"...."You have to have a heart before you can have an attack."

As a capitalist, I believe that free markets only work when traders are willing to be honest with each other.  To that end I'll quote the immortal Bugs Bunny:

http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/56487/looney07.wav

"Hooway!  The wabbit kicked the bucket!  (The wabbit kicked the bucket!  The wabbit kicked the bucket...)"
- Bugs Bunny, Robot Rabbit, 1953.

(I'll spare y'all the video of me laughing giddily and dancing around the sprinkler at the news of a genuine sh*ahem*theel's demise.  You'll just have to imagine it, which is probably bad enough.)

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/05/06 at 9:26 pm

______

______

I would love to see Reagan, Nixon, and the gang in hell.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/05/06 at 9:54 pm

I would love to see Reagan, Nixon, and the gang in hell.

So would I. I wonder if they give tours. Might be a very attractive tourist destination. Like Las Vegas, but with a cooler climate and less sleaze!
8)

Check for new replies or respond here...