» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Molestation double standard--my story.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/13/06 at 9:19 pm

Another update on that blonde bimbo teacher, Pamela Rogers Turner, who was sexually involved with her 13 year old student. I don't know what the news is, and I don't much care. It was just a catalyst for this post.

The Mary Kay Leterneau scandal rocked the nation ten years ago. It was different. It was a man-bites-dog story. We were used to hearing about men in positions of authority molesting pubescent girls. Mary Kay turned the tables. The law did not make a distinction. Leterneau offended repeatedly with that Vili Falafel, or whatever his name is, and got sentenced to years in prison. Male commentators were in two camps. Some were p*ssed at the hypocrisy. "If a 33-year-old male teacher had sex with a 12-year-old girl, he'd get life!" Others made dumb jokes, "what a lucky son-of-a-gun! Wish I'd been that lucky when I was a kid, nyuk nyuk nyuk!"
In the past few years we've seen so many "Mary Kay and Vili" cases the news is now on the level of, "Hey, another drunken redneck shot his buddy while they were hunting!" Your Glenn Becks and Tucker Carlsons whip out the same old trite arguments, "Hey, lookit her, she's hot! I wish I had been that kid! Come on, this isn't really a crime! She's ushering him into manhood."
That cute banter makes me sick inside. I got news for you. It ain't like that. I know. It happened to me...sort of.  She wasn't a teacher, but she was older and in a much more advantageous station in life.

I'd rather spare the naughty specifics. That kind of narrative would distract from the point. Besides, two decades later it is still hurts to talk about. The wounds never healed. I still think about her several times a day. She did not "molest" me per se. She offered. I chose. I got damaged for life. She was no villain, just a confused young woman. This is what happens if you become sexually entangled when you are not emotionally mature enough to handle it. I had untreated depression and was still caught up in childhood's broken home and shattered family--one rife with dysfunction. I was in perpetual psychological turmoil. However, I had the same raging libido as any adolescent male. Nobody stopped me. My mother knew what was going on, but she was a lost cause herself. Her authority over me was minimal at best.

It is different for males. I thought at the time the fascination, the infatuation, the sex, and the advantages of going with an older woman was all just the cat's pajamas! The horrible truth was none of it really improved my self-esteem or gave me any emotional anchor. In some ways, she was a bigger mental trainwreck than I was! The relationship deteriorated, and wouldn't you know what I did, I dumped her to persue a fling with another older woman. The second one was just a fling...I was incapable of pursuing it. Like in the middle of an LSD experience when you realize you're having a bad trip, I suddenly found myself exhausted, confused, anxious, and more estranged from myself than ever before. Woman number 2, Michelle, called me several times, but I was paralyzed from the devastation of losing woman number 1, Kelly. It turns out Kelly didn't really respect me, she did not really know how, and she was humiliated I beat her to the punch and dumped her for somebody else.  I panicked and begged for her return, but it was too late. She spurned me and went on to other boyfriends, and graduated college, and bought a condo in Boston. I was still trapped in my hell--disintegrating mental health in a suburban wasteland. Kelly was free, I was not.

I few years later, I took one look at Billy Flynn, Pam Smart's dorky consort, and thought, "hmmm...this has a familiar ring. If I'd had no moral compass, I would have killed to keep myself in p*ssy too!"

When I see these young boys seduced by these hot young teachers, I have a perspective these frat boy pundits do not. I was not as young as those boys, and my girlfriend was not my teacher, but that is no hindrance to the insight. A thirteen year old boy can pull wood and ogle women, but his mind lacks the emotional security and clarity of judgment to embark on a sexual relationship. The boys in these cases over the past decade, and further back if you include Pam Smart, seem troubled and vulnerable which exacerbates the situation. I know this from personal experience. I cannot consider a woman in her twenties or thirties a mentally fit woman if she goes for 13-year-olds, and no matter how "mature" a 13-year-old may be for his age (thinking of Vili here) he is not ready for sex--especially not sex with a 23-year-old or 33-year-old teacher!

I do not consider what I went through to be "abuse." Kelly had no authority over me. There are still parallels. I knew intellectually what I was doing, I just didn't know how emotionally dependent I had become on the older woman until she was no longer available to me. When you come from a failed family, the older woman becomes a maternal substitute. My own psychology in retrospect was quite childlike, even into my twenties. I have discussed this with other people who came from abusive families. They too speak of impeded maturation. I can identify with the vulnerability of these younger boys. When you hear these smirking clowns in the media describe the boy as "lucky," think again. He may be in more pain and turmoil than you can possibly know...and the wounds may bleed for decades. When a 40-year-old man holds down a 12-year-old girl and rapes her, it is easy for all to understand the result may be lifelong trauma. We as a society need to understand you don't have to be held down. Naysayers pointed to the fact that Vili not only consented to Mary Kay, he pursued and initiated. A few went so far as to say Mary Kay was his victim. I say, no way in hell, even if she was nuts.

The epidemic of older women having sex with underaged boys warrants a new understanding of sexual trauma. I have an idea of what it is, and it ain't pretty. I'm not a psychologist, I can't give it a name. We need to condemn the macho swagger and understand the male sex is just as vulnerable. My situation was quite mild compared to what these boys went through, and what I went through is a millstone I still carry and probably always will.

Subject: Re: Molestation double standard--my story.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/13/06 at 9:32 pm

applause for sharing your story, Max....you made some very strong and valid points.

Written By: karen on 07/14/06 at 5:00 am

Thank you for taking the time to share your story.

Written By: CeeKay on 07/14/06 at 9:49 am

Thanks for sharing your story, Max.  Your points are very important and there's certainly not enough consideration of this angle of this issue.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/14/06 at 1:39 pm

I applaud you, Max for being so open and honest. I agree with you that no woman in her right mind would go after a 13 year old boy. To me, that is just sick. (And the same goes for men who go after 13 year old girls). No matter what gender it is pedophilia and I think it is very sick. I also know of what kind of psychological difficulties can stem from that experience.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/14/06 at 1:49 pm

It is a difficult subject. I did not start the thread to talk about myself. I needed to describe the adversity I endured in order to illustrate my conclusions about the issue. I'm not into the attention-grabbing Oprah show confessional.
:P

The cluelessness about the issue on the part of those commentators puzzled me. How could they be so callous? I finally concluded they just don't know what they're talking about. They have no idea how a teenage boy could get harmed from a sexual liason with his female teacher. My experience was not the same thing, but it gave me enough insight to understand why it was a crime what those female teachers were doing.

However, I don't think you have to endure anything remotely similar to come to the same conclusion. You just need a little bit of wisdom. Right-wing commentators from Mancow to Tucker Carlson have one thing in common: no wisdom whatsoever!

Of course, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity have raged against these female teachers from the start. I don't think they really understand it either...but that's another story.
::)

Written By: Mushroom on 07/14/06 at 3:30 pm

I applaud you for comming forward with this Max.

Child molestation is not just a crime involving girls or boys mollested by grown men.  Women molesting boys is probably the most under-reported form of molestation in this country (and probably the world).

And yes, it is a double standard.  No matter what the defenders say, it is a case of an adult dominating a child in order to get what they want.  It is wrong, and needs to be punished the same way that other molestors are punished.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/14/06 at 6:07 pm

^ Thankd..it's tough to talk about, but I can't emphasize strongly enough what happened to me was in no way, shape, or form "molestation." Molestation requires a lack of consent--or the lack of ability to truly give consent--nor was it "assault" in any way. My experiences merely allowed me to clue in on the psychological/emotional trauma these boys go through, and will follow them into manhood.  I can't be sure, though. My hypothesis might be off the mark because I didn't really experience the same thing. No crime was perpetrated against me, that's why I'd like to redirect the attention from my "story" to what is going on with this phenomenon.

The phenomenon I see with these boy-chasing women, especially this series of dizzy blondes, is the child in the adult body. She's twenty-five years old, married, and teaches school, but nobody knows she is psychologically still twelve! She's unable to make the distinction between her station in life and the that of the thirteen year old boy in her class.

There are a lot of women, like my ex-girlfriend Kelly, who never grow out of the Barbie dolls and My Little Pony phase. They get around the discrepancy by saying, "Oh, I'm a collector. I like kitsch." That's what old Kel was all about, kitsch, camp, pop culture, what have you. She masked her puerile tendancies with pop culture flare. Here we have the Strawberry Shortcake playset...and here we have the collection of John Waters movies!
8) http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/hearts(1).gif
This is a far different thing than a complete psychological incapacity to recognize the difference between childhood and adulthood.

Written By: wndysbg on 07/15/06 at 3:31 pm

Max - thank you for sharing your story.  It definitely sheds a different light on this phenomenon that seems to be happening more and more.  Let me share a female teachers  perspective, if I  may?

I am a teacher about the same age as Mary Kay and I was teaching 6th grade students (same age as Villi) when the story first came to light.  I remember looking at the young boys in my  class and thinking "What adult in their RIGHT (key word) would even consider having sexual relations with a boy this age?"  I had 11/12 year old students who by most standards were more mature than their peers, but in no way were they mature enough to handle a relationship with an adult. 

Since then I have moved up in grade levels and now teach 7th/8th graders  - 13 -15 year olds.  This  last year I had a group of 8th grade boys, that for the most part looked liked 18-21 year olds.  They were all over 6 feet, 180-200 pounds, had to shave  everyday, muscular and had already passed the  "awkward" stage of puberty.  I also know for a fact that many of them were sexually active (the girls told me)  HOWEVER. . . . .  emotionally they were "babies".  I'd get on to one  of them for doing something and they would cry like my 7 year old.  I  watched our  5'3" principal bring the 6'5" 220 lb 8th grader to  tears because he was  caught telling another student to go "F*** himself".  This boy  cried for an hour.  There is no way any  of these boys could have handled a relationship with a teacher or older woman.  They did not have the emotionally stability.

The sad part is - teachers do have incredible "power" over their students.  If the students trust you,they will do anything for you.  They will believe anything you say.  And some of them come from horrible home  lifes and crave the attention a teacher may offer.  It is very easy  for a teacher  to manipulate a student and that is sad, because there are teachers out there who will.

On the flip side (devil's  advocate) there are teachers who have been attacked and raped by their 14 or older students.  It is rare, but it does happen.  In 17 years of teaching I, fortunately, have only come  across one student - a 12 year old - who I thought was going to actually attack me.  He had his fists out ready to go, of course he was a very violent kid to begin with.

I wish I had an answer to this problem, but I do not.  I just think teachers need to communicate with their co-workers and keep an eye open for a teacher's unusual "attachment" to any certain student.  We also need to talk to our boys, just like our girls, that adults should not be having sexual relations with you.

Okay - I have rambled long enough - sorry.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/15/06 at 4:03 pm

Glad you shared this Max.  There is a double standard, and it is not different for boys.  When I was in school there was a teacher having an affair with a student that started when he was in the 7th grade.  Word got out among students, as word will, but I don't know if adults were privy(this was back in the 60's).  To make a long sad story short, the guy ended up having a complete nervous breakdown in high school when she dumped him.  He went into an institution for quite a while, and never did fully recover, multiple attempts at suicide.  It's another one of those things that sends me off on a tangent when people have the attitude that the kid was lucky or that it is different.

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/15/06 at 5:22 pm

I agree that alot of female teachers seem never to leave high school, and this comes back and intensifies when they go and teach among teenagers. I think part of it is that they come back and all their anxieties and competition with the females return. For example, there's one female gym teacher at my school who's 28. She graduated high school here in 1996, and never seems to have left...she flirts alot with my male classmates and flirted with them going back to when we were in 7th and 8th grade, when they were like, 13 and 14. There are other younger female teachers who also do this-they have crushes on the male students and compete with the female students.

Written By: loki 13 on 07/15/06 at 6:24 pm

Max, it must have been hard to reveal your story and I must say, I used to be one of the
people who said, "where were those teachers when I went to school." I have since come
to the realization that these women are nothing more than child molesters. The sad part is,
they are not considered molesters, just misguided. The law is on the side of the woman. Every
month the local news programs hold sting operations to lure child molesters to hotel rooms in
hopes of apprehending them. Never have these stings been set up to catch women molesters.

There seems to be a double standard in all aspects of law. Women are rarely charged with
domestic violence even after it's known that the woman was the aggressor. How many women
have registered with local police as sexual predators? When women are caught as an accomplice,
it's always the male who gets a stiffer sentence.

The fact that these teachers do what they do is not surprising.I think it has to do with availability,
this goes with priest as well. Young boys are vulnerable and they are an easy mark for sexual
deviance. The main reason for this is embarrassment. These teachers and priest feel that boys
will be too embarrassed to report any wrong doings. They think boys will fear ridicule so the chance
of being turned in is minuscule.

Hopefully, the law will see these women as the predators they are and start sentencing them accordingly.
More parents and local news people should start to warn children of a growing problem. Women can
be just as deviant as men.

Written By: wndysbg on 07/15/06 at 8:55 pm

As if the newspaper was reading this thread. . . .  I saw that a 28 year old female teacher, in Tennessee, just had her probation revoked for sending nude photos of herself to her 13 year old victim.  She must now return to jail to finish out her 7 year sentence.  Her psychologist says she is a sex addict that is way she is so focused on this 13 year old.  The teacher's mom says it is because of a bad marriage.  All just lame excuses for unexcusable acts.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/15/06 at 9:00 pm

As if the newspaper was reading this thread. . . .  I saw that a 28 year old female teacher, in Tennessee, just had her probation revoked for sending nude photos of herself to her 13 year old victim.  She must now return to jail to finish out her 7 year sentence.  Her psychologist says she is a sex addict that is way she is so focused on this 13 year old.  The teacher's mom says it is because of a bad marriage.  All just lame excuses for unexcusable acts.

I believe sex addiction to be legitimate, but much like a lot of other illnesses/disorders, it's misdiagnosed and overdiagnosed.  The people who are really suffering from it get no care at all because suddenly everyone with an overactive libido has it.  The same with ADD/ADHD.  There are true cases of it out there, but with so many doctors misequating hyperactivity with it, the people who really need the help don't get it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/15/06 at 10:59 pm

^
^
^
I appreciate your words of support for something that's hard to talk about. I figured if I'm still haunted day-in day-out by bad decisions, (romantically/sexually speaking)  I made in the '80s, imagine what an even younger kid who didn't really make the decision, and who did it with his teacher, will go through!

It's like the guy Danoota went to school with who had a long-term affair with a teacher starting in 7th grade! Like she said, the guy completely lost his bearings and even spent time in a psychiatric institution! The callous reaction is, "you're a guy, you're supposed to like sex anyway you can get it! What are ya some kind of wuss?" That kind of attitude makes it all the more confusing for a young man because he's supposed to be the dude if he's getting laid, especially if he bags the hot teacher. If roles are reversed, of course, it's not a problem because girls are supposed to bond emotionally and be vulverable. It's the old double standard again.

Can you image the good ole boy reaction if there was a really hot-looking, buff, blond male teacher of 23 who started having sex with a 13-year-old boy in his class? I mean, can you imagine? Talk about your double standards ! First of all, the kid's dad and uncle would march right down to the school and just knock the living crap out of the guy! You wouldn't here the Mancow/Tucker Carlson types prattle on about "Oh, he's initiating that boy into manhood!" and "Kewl, I wish a lusty young hunk like him had done that for me was I was a kid!" Noooooo, they would be calling for the guy's head (no, that's not what I mean)!
And foidamore, what if--ala Vili and Mary Kay--it turned out the 13-year-old boy made a whole bunch of passes at the male teacher, went over to his house and necked with him on the couch while his wife was asleep, and tried take the teacher's pants off...."
Then the pundidiots would gasp in disgust, "There's something seriously wrong with that kid, man!"

Of course, the difference with Vili was he impregnated Mary Kay when he was twelve. Twelve years old! Holy crap, can you imagine fathering a child at that age? I barely knew what was what when I was twelve. It was guesswork via the stash of them dirty magazines I hid in my bottom drawer. If the real thing was there, I'd  need lessons in what to do with it first...which is precisely what Vili got!  Hey what about the kid? Imagine your pops showing up at parent-teacher conferences, "Young man, where's your father?" "I am the father!" Imagine being 32 and having your dad be 44? You and your father could live at the same nursing home together and forget who was who! A weird situation to last a lifetime!

Written By: Abix on 08/28/06 at 2:16 am

I am curious how many of these women were victims of abuse . They say male abusers often were victims of abuse as children. But the stats are still out on female predators.

I'm also curious , Max, how your situation, affected your choices later in life. So often these stories are portrayed as 'victimless' crimes. The media  focuses  on the lurid details in order to gain ratings, and sell publications. And many people hold a double standard for male victims/female predators, "what don't get up , don't get in..."  "I wish I had teachers that hot..."  "Somebody should kick that guy's  a.. for telling on her... "  While there may not be any outward signs of damage, quite often, males who have been abused by older females, find difficulty maintaining relationships , by being promiscuous, or choosing 'unattainable' mates such as married women. Or they find that their preferences are older, more domineering women. Others go the opposite route, and find an aversion to women their own age and intellect and choose younger women.  They may have difficulty maintaining meaningful relationships that are platonic.  Young male victims may not realize that they are victims, because they may have entered into these experiences willingly,  but any adult woman who finds emotional /physical/sexual intimacy with a minor , whether it be by coercion, grooming or manipulation, is GUILTY of sexual abuse.

Thank you for sharing your experience Max.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/28/06 at 7:07 pm

I am curious how many of these women were victims of abuse . They say male abusers often were victims of abuse as children. But the stats are still out on female predators.

I'm also curious , Max, how your situation, affected your choices later in life. So often these stories are portrayed as 'victimless' crimes. The media  focuses  on the lurid details in order to gain ratings, and sell publications. And many people hold a double standard for male victims/female predators, "what don't get up , don't get in..."  "I wish I had teachers that hot..."  "Somebody should kick that guy's  a.. for telling on her... "  While there may not be any outward signs of damage, quite often, males who have been abused by older females, find difficulty maintaining relationships , by being promiscuous, or choosing 'unattainable' mates such as married women. Or they find that their preferences are older, more domineering women. Others go the opposite route, and find an aversion to women their own age and intellect and choose younger women.  They may have difficulty maintaining meaningful relationships that are platonic.  Young male victims may not realize that they are victims, because they may have entered into these experiences willingly,  but any adult woman who finds emotional /physical/sexual intimacy with a minor , whether it be by coercion, grooming or manipulation, is GUILTY of sexual abuse.

Thank you for sharing your experience Max.

I shared my experiences with this highly personal issue not because I consider what I went through "abuse," but because it gave me a gnawing insight on the emotional ramifications for these boys.  Like I said, I hooked up with that other "older woman" right after.  Well, she wasn't "old" at all.  Middle 20s just seems older to an 18-year-old (an emotionally immature 18-year-old at that), but my subsequent girlfriends (barring a few dumbazz one night stands) have been younger than I by a two or three years.  Actually, Eileen was 10 years younger than I!  She just called me out of the blue last week.  She said she broke up with me all those years ago because she felt like she wasn't mature enough nor intelligent enough to go out with me. I felt I was emotionally less mature than she was, it was just masked by "intellect" and "sophistication."  We had some pretty nasty fights, one cutting remark I made sticks in my mind:
"You're always talking down to me!"
"That's because you don't know anything!"
And yet she forgave me.  I mean, she dumped me, and then forgave me!

What happened to me had nothing to do with the women...I was not a victim of their abuse...it had to do with me being emotionally screwy to start with.  I was well into my 30s before I got that sh*t straightened out!

Written By: Abix on 09/02/06 at 9:53 pm

I shared my experiences with this highly personal issue not because I consider what I went through "abuse," but because it gave me a gnawing insight on the emotional ramifications for these boys.  Like I said, I hooked up with that other "older woman" right after.  Well, she wasn't "old" at all.  Middle 20s just seems older to an 18-year-old (an emotionally immature 18-year-old at that), but my subsequent girlfriends (barring a few dumbazz one night stands) have been younger than I by a two or three years.  Actually, Eileen was 10 years younger than I!  She just called me out of the blue last week.  She said she broke up with me all those years ago because she felt like she wasn't mature enough nor intelligent enough to go out with me. I felt I was emotionally less mature than she was, it was just masked by "intellect" and "sophistication."  We had some pretty nasty fights, one cutting remark I made sticks in my mind:
"You're always talking down to me!"
"That's because you don't know anything!"
And yet she forgave me.  I mean, she dumped me, and then forgave me!

What happened to me had nothing to do with the women...I was not a victim of their abuse...it had to do with me being emotionally screwy to start with.  I was well into my 30s before I got that sh*t straightened out!

Yes, I saw that you didn't refer to your experience as 'abuse'. I was careful to refer to your scenario as 'situation' .  I was referring to the highly hyped stories in the media lately. The 'hot' teacher who has sex with the younger students, and is deemed 'too pretty to serve time in prison'.  She is a pedophile... good looking or not. If she had been a middle aged hag who was coercing young 13-14 yr olds, the internet wouldn't be plastered with her pin-up quality pictures.  I was trying to point out that while many of these young males may be willingly involved initially, they are not always emotionally able to handle such interactions. These young boys confuse sexual urges with love and commitment and quite often end up being hurt emotionally. There is equally something disturbing about a grown woman who looks at an adolescent male as a partner. It shows that she has been stunted somewhere in developing normal healthy relationships with men her own age. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/04/06 at 1:25 am

Yes, I saw that you didn't refer to your experience as 'abuse'. I was careful to refer to your scenario as 'situation' .  I was referring to the highly hyped stories in the media lately. The 'hot' teacher who has sex with the younger students, and is deemed 'too pretty to serve time in prison'.  She is a pedophile... good looking or not. If she had been a middle aged hag who was coercing young 13-14 yr olds, the internet wouldn't be plastered with her pin-up quality pictures.  I was trying to point out that while many of these young males may be willingly involved initially, they are not always emotionally able to handle such interactions. These young boys confuse sexual urges with love and commitment and quite often end up being hurt emotionally. There is equally something disturbing about a grown woman who looks at an adolescent male as a partner. It shows that she has been stunted somewhere in developing normal healthy relationships with men her own age. 

I totally agree.  I think this is the kernal of what I am saying.
These young boys confuse sexual urges with love and commitment and quite often end up being hurt emotionally.
I see a great many adults who have warped ideas about "love" when it comes to relationships with one another, never mind with a 13-year-old!
We seem to like sex and weddings these days.  Love and commitment? Nah, not so much!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/hearts(1).gif

Written By: Abix on 09/04/06 at 9:40 am

Karma to you, Max! :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/04/06 at 10:46 am

A friend of mine who used to work for me called me about 5 years ago.  She was INCENSED because her ex-husband had fixed up their 17-year-old son with a 27-year-old woman who was sort of a biker chick.  Hubby did not see any problem with it, but she told him there would be BIG TROUBLE in the divorce settlement proceedings if he did not tell the woman to get lost and tell the kid that it was all wrong.  Hubby voted with his pocketbook and told the biker chick to take a hike.

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/04/06 at 1:08 pm

A friend of mine who used to work for me called me about 5 years ago.  She was INCENSED because her ex-husband had fixed up their 17-year-old son with a 27-year-old woman who was sort of a biker chick.  Hubby did not see any problem with it, but she told him there would be BIG TROUBLE in the divorce settlement proceedings if he did not tell the woman to get lost and tell the kid that it was all wrong.  Hubby voted with his pocketbook and told the biker chick to take a hike.

I guess it depends upon where you're at.

Here in Texas, the age of consent is 17.

I'm 18 and I'd love to date an older woman.  I suppose I take after my older brother, his wife is 8 years older than he, also I remember back when he was in High school when he was about 16, he dated a woman who was 21. Actually this runs through my whole family, an older cousin of mine first started dating his wife at 20, and she was 32.

Written By: Abix on 09/04/06 at 2:28 pm

yes, but the age you are talking about is 'age of consent'.. big difference ..  between a 17 or 18 yr old dating someone older and someone under the age of 16..

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/04/06 at 4:05 pm

17 and 27 might be harmless depending on the emotional maturity of the 17-year-old.  A "biker chick"...not to cast aspersions on all biker chicks--but that's generally a bad idea at any age!

I had a one-night stand with one several years ago.  She wasn't a "biker chick" per se, but of that same ilk.  Talk about a mismatch from hell!  Picture Courtney Love and Neil Tennant.  It happened when I was hanging out with my bipolar friend on one of his manic phases.  Mania is infectious.  I'm general over-cautious and reserved.  Not that night.  We were bar hopping.  It was sometime after midnight.  There was a lot of scotch involved.  You usually have the angel on the right shoulder and the devil on the left shoulder, the id and the superego.  That night I had just two devils.  No harm in the end, didn't catch nothin.'  I just get an icky feeling whenever I think about it!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/sasmokin.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/sasmokin.gif

Written By: annonymouse on 09/11/06 at 6:08 pm

wether or not the teacher forced herself on him, she needs to be locked up. but these boys know better than to have sex at their age. i know better than to do something like that. and having an abusive family doesn't change that.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/11/06 at 8:02 pm

wether or not the teacher forced herself on him, she needs to be locked up. but these boys know better than to have sex at their age. i know better than to do something like that. and having an abusive family doesn't change that.

Whether you're 15, 35, or 55, if you're male, you will have trouble stopping the little head thinking for the big head (as it is often crudely expressed).  If we were able to let the big head rule the little head in every instance, the human race would have died out millennia ago!  You know, a real cost/benefit analysis would tell you you're better off at the bowling alley rolling a few frames with the fellas!

I've done things I ought to know better than to do, some of them not too long ago!
:-[

An "excuse," not really, just a realistic assessment of how guys are. 

I'm not sure what the punishment should be for female teachers, but let's not apply a double standard.

Written By: Abix on 09/14/06 at 1:53 pm

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=0efe801f-02aa-4c30-a7b2-85ff153bc2a1&f=00&fg=copy

Here's that pretty pedophile..

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/14/06 at 4:35 pm

She said she was raped at 13.

Kid she slept with was 14.

Hmmm....

Written By: Abix on 09/14/06 at 8:32 pm

She said she was raped at 13.

Kid she slept with was 14.

Hmmm....

I watched this clip and thought.. "She's acting, and doing a bad job of it"

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/15/06 at 1:38 am

Thats not what I thought.

Written By: Abix on 09/15/06 at 6:34 am

Thats not what I thought.

hmm.. care to elaborate?

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 09/15/06 at 7:01 am

I don't think she's acting, but I think she's gotten by her entire life off of her looks and thinks that "deer in the headlights", blue-eyed stare is going to get her out of this.....oh, that's right, it already did.  She doesn't really strike me as the brightest bulb in the chandelier, either ;)

Written By: Abix on 09/15/06 at 7:15 am

Yeah, I mentioned that earlier. If she had been some middle aged hag , who had been doing this, she'd be sitting in jail for sure.

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/15/06 at 1:33 pm

hmm.. care to elaborate?

Thats just not what I thought. Don't know what to say beyond that.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/15/06 at 4:53 pm

I don't think she's acting, but I think she's gotten by her entire life off of her looks and thinks that "deer in the headlights", blue-eyed stare is going to get her out of this.....oh, that's right, it already did.  She doesn't really strike me as the brightest bulb in the chandelier, either ;)

Oh, gee, I thought she was a blonde Einstein!
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...