» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Antipresident George W. Bush

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/25/06 at 8:12 pm

Suppose election day is tomorrow, and George W. Bush could run again. How would you cast your ballot. Everybody knows my answer.
Feel free to explain your answer with any comments you deem edifying.

I refer to Bush as the antipresident, the way the pontiffs who ilegitmately ascended the papacy were called the "antipopes."

Subject: Re: Antipresident George W. Bush

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/25/06 at 8:15 pm

Didn't vote for him before, wouldn't do it if given the chance.  End of.

Written By: Davester on 07/25/06 at 10:53 pm

No...

George W. Bush has betrayed the ideological foundation of the United States of America.  Theological instructions to war; the Bush doctrine; a full-blown assault against the U.S. Constitution - the President of the United States should be a voice of reason amid confusing times, a voice of strength among the fearful.  George W. Bush has pushed superstition and fear as hard as he could in order to foster an agenda that is far from the moderate middle.  And in order to blunt the perception of his betrayal of the American tradition, he picks out gay marriage (an inevitability of an allegedly free society with due process and equal protection) and makes a stand for traditional American values...

I have great faith in the people of the United States of America.  One day they will shake themselves awake and do great things again.  In the meantime, greatness as an accident of circumstance is enough to satisfy them.  Well, at least, as long as the economy does well...

g.o... ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/26/06 at 2:17 am

^ It would be easier to live with the stark-raving crazy policy-making, as it was under Reagan, if Bush had actually won either election.  He didn't.  I don't think I ever felt such a Hinckley moment as when Dubya chuckled in his cornpone intonation, "Heh, I always win!" Oh yeah, punk, that so? Last time I checked Texas boys didn't take too kindly to cattle russlin,' but maybe them was the old days!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/06 at 12:04 pm

Not no but HELL NO!!!!

I don't really want to go into all the reasons (I have already on different threads over the years).

Cat

Written By: Davester on 07/26/06 at 4:30 pm

I don't really want to go into all the reasons (I have already on different threads over the years).

Cat

Yeah, I know what you mean...

Kinda fun reading through the P&R archives.  The 2004 elections were a hootinanny, weren't they..!

go ;)...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/26/06 at 4:44 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean...

Kinda fun reading through the P&R archives.  The 2004 elections were a hootinanny, weren't they..!

go ;)...

You weren't around here at that time. You should check out the thread about the Democratic Convention.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Davester on 07/26/06 at 5:02 pm

You weren't around here at that time. You should check out the thread about the Democratic Convention.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

I was active in the months leading up to the elections.  Having browsed through the archives looks like I took a break soon after...

The Dem Con I'll definately check out...

go ;)...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/26/06 at 6:16 pm

We seem to have a bit of a consensus going here.
I posted the thread in a provocative manner to try to bring out Bush supporters. See, I'm noticing a trend that was not the case when Clinton was mired in scandal.  Apart from the  partisan media, nobody says they like Bush anymore. Nobody sane at least. I don't mean just Dems or liberals. I mean conservatives of all stripes. The Bush doctrine has destroyed the economy, national security, the environment, and made the temper of the times utterly hostile!
Bush is hated the world over. The Republican pundits always retort, "Who cares what the rest of the world thinks?" Uh, I do. Thanks for speaking for me!

Written By: danootaandme on 07/26/06 at 6:22 pm

Where are the bushmen? Have the all gone to the Kalahari of the mind, or have they found that oasis that says
"I was wrong, and I know it"

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 07/26/06 at 7:15 pm

I didn't turn 18 til 2003.  I voted for him in 2004 cuz even tho hes been getting us into deep hole, Kerry wouldn't be able to do sh*t.  I hope the next candidates actually have a real plan.

And I hope the NCLB burns to pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, ok, at least its gonna get lawsuited bigtime and they will be forced to change it.  But it angers me

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/26/06 at 8:00 pm

I didn't turn 18 til 2003.  I voted for him in 2004 cuz even tho hes been getting us into deep hole, Kerry wouldn't be able to do sh*t.  I hope the next candidates actually have a real plan.

Well, ok, at least its gonna get lawsuited bigtime and they will be forced to change it.  But it angers me

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nixweiss.gif

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 07/26/06 at 9:55 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nixweiss.gif

Apart from ruining the economy and national security, the No Child Left Behind act is one of the worst things this administration has come up with.  The name would suggest that it has the best of intentions, when in fact the regulations go against everything special education has been trying to do for years.
Like the new testing policies.  Hey, no child will be left behind.  How will we do that?  By making them all take the same standardized test as everyone else, even if it has nothing to do with their IEP goals.  YEah! That's it!!!  And if a 10th grade student with severe mental retardation who can barely hold the pencil fails his English test, well it's all the school's fault for not teaching him what he needs to know.  Therefore we will punish this school and put them on the needs improvement list....
So basically, NCLB is an education law, written by an administration who knows squat about it.  Like I said it will be lawsuited to death in the not too distant future, I hope.

Written By: Davester on 07/27/06 at 3:19 am

Put simply, a vote for Kerry wasn't necessarily a vote for Kerry, but a vote against Bush and vice versa, I'm sure.  Makes a lot of sense, no..?

Consider alternate parties. Seriously...

The NCLBA as written and initially proposed was fantastic. The way it has been implemented has been a disaster...

Most states, I think, are creating their own standardized tests.  Ever hear of the 'California Exit Exam' implemented with this year's graduating seniors..?  Was a nightmare within a bad dream...

Students, parents file lawsuit over California exit exam

go ;)...

Written By: witchain on 07/27/06 at 7:35 am

I posted the thread in a provocative manner to try to bring out Bush supporters.

You scared them all away, Max.  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/27/06 at 12:54 pm

Put simply, a vote for Kerry wasn't necessarily a vote for Kerry, but a vote against Bush and vice versa, I'm sure.  Makes a lot of sense, no..?

I didn't vote FOR Kerry, I voted for "Anyone BUT Bush".

Apart from ruining the economy and national security, the No Child Left Behind act is one of the worst things this administration has come up with.  The name would suggest that it has the best of intentions, when in fact the regulations go against everything special education has been trying to do for years.
Like the new testing policies.  Hey, no child will be left behind.  How will we do that?  By making them all take the same standardized test as everyone else, even if it has nothing to do with their IEP goals.  YEah! That's it!!!  And if a 10th grade student with severe mental retardation who can barely hold the pencil fails his English test, well it's all the school's fault for not teaching him what he needs to know.  Therefore we will punish this school and put them on the needs improvement list....
So basically, NCLB is an education law, written by an administration who knows squat about it.  Like I said it will be lawsuited to death in the not too distant future, I hope.

I agree. It should be renamed "No Child Left". They are trying to make education as "one size fits all" which anyone who has any dealings with schools knows that is not the case. When I was student teaching, we had 10 kids in my class. About 4 of them had severe learning disabilties. One kid had trouble reading but he did a presentation on the Wright Brothers complete with a lego model of their plane. I was VERY impressed. That is the kind of thing that a standardized test couldn't show.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 07/27/06 at 12:59 pm

I vote how joan jett tells me to vote.

Meanwhile, Jett has her own political say on her new album with the biting, rowdy opening cut "Riddles," a knock on political doublespeak in general - and at one point George W. Bush in particular - as she sings: "Clear skies baby/Healthy forests/No Child Left Behind/Wake up people/Big Brother is watchin' you/They're takin' all your rights away/Don't claim that you represent me cause/I don't believe a word that ya say."
http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060725/LIFE/607250347/1005

dude that story about Britney is hilarious!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/27/06 at 2:24 pm

I voted for him once...but would never vote for him EVER again.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/27/06 at 6:56 pm

You scared them all away, Max.  8)

Whaaaa?

I'm about as scary as Mister Rogers!

If they got scared away, they got scared away by THE TRUTH!
::)

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/27/06 at 8:29 pm

I've said it once, I'll say it again and maybe again after that. 

I like Steve Forbes, that's who I want to vote for. I hope he runs again sometime.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/27/06 at 9:04 pm

I've said it once, I'll say it again and maybe again after that.   

I like Steve Forbes, that's who I want to vote for. I hope he runs again sometime.

Steve Forbes:

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for my stock portfolio!

My daddy died and left me a billion dollars so I deserve to be president!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/tophat.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 07/28/06 at 4:47 am

Steve Forbes:

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for my stock portfolio!

Got that right 

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/28/06 at 11:58 am

Given the results, my vote is obvious.  Even "My Pet Goat" would vote against that fool near the hill.

Written By: Davester on 07/29/06 at 2:07 am

Welcome back to the puzzle factory, Don Carlos...

Good to see you...

go ;)..

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/29/06 at 11:06 am

I didn't vote FOR Kerry, I voted for "Anyone BUT Bush".

Kerry would be far and away better than Dubya and his gaggle of psychopaths even if Kerry himself was a slave to the national security apparatus and the billionaires.  No person who is not can possibly be elected President until we institute radical campaign finance reform.

As much as anybody the DLC destroyed Howard Dean. It had nothing to do with Dean's temper (and he is only 1/10 as p*ssed as he should be) and it has nothing to do with Dean saying "crazy" things.  Dean was is own man and wasn't going to kow-tow Carlyle, the NSA, or the Pentagon.  We can't have that, now can we?  The power structure of the in the Democratic party is enthralled to the same special interests as the Republican party, and remain so even as these special interests steal from them offices they have rightfully won.  The DLC are f**king idiots!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vogel.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/29/06 at 1:48 pm

Kerry would be far and away better than Dubya and his gaggle of psychopaths even if Kerry himself was a slave to the national security apparatus and the billionaires.  No person who is not can possibly be elected President until we institute radical campaign finance reform.

As much as anybody the DLC destroyed Howard Dean. It had nothing to do with Dean's temper (and he is only 1/10 as p*ssed as he should be) and it has nothing to do with Dean saying "crazy" things.  Dean was is own man and wasn't going to kow-tow Carlyle, the NCA, or the Pentagon.  We can't have that, now can we?  The power structure of the in the Democratic party is enthralled to the same special interests as the Republican party, and remain so even as these special interests steal from them offices they have rightfully won.  The DLC are f**king idiots!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vogel.gif

I would have LOVED to vote for Dean-he was my candidate of choice. I have seen what he did for the state of Vermont and in my book, he did a good job. I think he would have done a great job as prez. But, because he was an "outsider", they really nailed him.

Cat

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/30/06 at 12:40 am

Steve Forbes:

We're all entitled to our opinion, I'm in line with Steve Forbes, rich or not we see eye to eye on a lot of issues. Almost every single one last time I checked.  I know I may be the only conservative republican on this board, well I think I might have seen one more too.  If I remember right about a week ago I think I saw someone else was one too, don't remember for sure.

Steve Forbes and I see eye to eye on a lot of issues, so I like him,  and want him in, simple.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/30/06 at 6:05 am

We're all entitled to our opinion, I'm in line with Steve Forbes, rich or not we see eye to eye on a lot of issues. Almost every single one last time I checked.  I know I may be the only conservative republican on this board, well I think I might have seen one more too.  If I remember right about a week ago I think I saw someone else was one too, don't remember for sure.

Steve Forbes and I see eye to eye on a lot of issues, so I like him,  and want him in, simple.

Simple is what gave us little georgie. Liking someone and/or seeing eye to eye with them doesn't necessarily make them presidential quality.  Steve Forbes, in my opinion, is looking to buy himself the presidency to be able to do the things he would like to do. It could be that his intentions are honorable,(I tend to doubt it), but if he is so interested in being in politics why only at the top.  He ran for president without considering running for city council, statewide office, or congress.  I guess unless he is top man he would rather take his money and go home.  There is alot in his resume that makes him a bit unsavory, just another bushie

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/30/06 at 10:58 am

Simple is what gave us little georgie. Liking someone and/or seeing eye to eye with them doesn't necessarily make them presidential quality.  Steve Forbes, in my opinion, is looking to buy himself the presidency to be able to do the things he would like to do. It could be that his intentions are honorable,(I tend to doubt it), but if he is so interested in being in politics why only at the top.  He ran for president without considering running for city council, statewide office, or congress.  I guess unless he is top man he would rather take his money and go home.  There is alot in his resume that makes him a bit unsavory, just another bushie

Well I can't stop you from thinking that and you could certainly be right.  I on the other hand don't think he'd be anything like Bush at all. He has his own ideas and he's not a push over, which is the problem Bush has ran into the most if you ask me.  Forbes is a very opinionated and get to the point kind of person. Very strong willed and very determined to set things right.  He doesn't "think" for a while about something or rely on other people to tell him what to say or do.  Forbes in my opinion takes very very deep looks into all of the issues and wants to do what's best for the people financially, morally and ethically.  Whereas many politicians take out the last two elements and financially is all that matters. 

Regardless of how many people disagree with me on this, which I know will be the majority if not everyone on this board, I say that next presidential election we will get a liberal democrat in office and he'll pull the soilders out of Iraq so fast it won't even be funny, and you think we were hated before? You haven't seen hate.  Iraq will hate us so much for promising to help them and then breaking our promise that hate won't even  be a strong enough word to use for how they feel about us.

Written By: Tia on 07/30/06 at 12:51 pm

hate won't even  be a strong enough word to use for how they feel about us.
it already isn't.

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/30/06 at 1:03 pm

In 2008, which will be my first election in which I'm legally eligible to vote, I would not vote for Bush again. I will vote for the Democratic candidate. Or write in my cat. Not sure which...

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/30/06 at 1:51 pm

In 2008, which will be my first election in which I'm legally eligible to vote, I would not vote for Bush again. I will vote for the Democratic candidate. Or write in my cat. Not sure which...

Bush has already been president for two terms....how can yo vote for someone who can't run?

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/30/06 at 1:52 pm

it already isn't.

I hate someone who lies to me and breaks there promise a lot more than I hate someone who stops someone from bullying me and gives me hope where I never thought I'd have it.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/30/06 at 1:55 pm

Bush has already been president for two terms....how can yo vote for someone who can't run?

Yeah, that's what I don't get about this thread.  It would be one thing if there were no 22nd amendment and presidents could have as many terms as they want, but once this one is over, that's it.  No more Bush.  This whole thing is a moot point.

Written By: Tia on 07/30/06 at 2:22 pm

I hate someone who lies to me and breaks there promise a lot more than I hate someone who stops someone from bullying me and gives me hope where I never thought I'd have it.
yeah, but most people hate other people who gun them down and destroy the infrastructure in their country. whatever the right's stated intentions in iraq that's the end result. all this playground analogy stuff about "stopping people from bullying" iraqis is the hollow pretense the administration provided for an invasion that plainly had nothing to do with the welfare of the people in that country.the administration thought the war would be quick and easy and it would help them look busy after 911. they were wrong. they bet and they lost and now we have to deal with the consequence of the right wing's stupidity.

frankly, we can stay or we can go, i doubt it matters. we're not making things any better by being there but the enemy's been made. iraq's gonna loathe america for a generation at least. but right now seeing american troops in the streets is stoking the rage even further. imagine how you'd feel if you had to see foreign troops marching up and down main street in your town, while you had no power and no potable water and you knew they were the reason why.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/30/06 at 4:41 pm

All this is stuff that has been already going on.  In my opinion the bush administrations international diplomacy, well lack of diplomacy, has caused countries who were considered allies to lose what ever respect they had for us. We are bullies, but there was a certain amount of respect, now we are bullies who are hated.  It will take generations to undo what these idiots have done in 5 years

Written By: Tia on 07/30/06 at 5:07 pm

All this is stuff that has been already going on.  In my opinion the bush administrations international diplomacy, well lack of diplomacy, has caused countries who were considered allies to lose what ever respect they had for us. We are bullies, but there was a certain amount of respect, now we are bullies who are hated.  It will take generations to undo what these idiots have done in 5 years
yeah, i'm tempted to agree (and i guess i just said that above), but on the other hand, getting a competent government in place here might fix more things more quickly than we think. having able diplomats on the case and a real administration in the white house has the prospect to do wonders very quickly. but that would be among our allies and moderate arab states like jordan, that we're now on the verge of losing. iraq's probably going to be a lost cause for a long time.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/30/06 at 7:25 pm

yeah, i'm tempted to agree (and i guess i just said that above), but on the other hand, getting a competent government in place here might fix more things more quickly than we think. having able diplomats on the case and a real administration in the white house has the prospect to do wonders very quickly. but that would be among our allies and moderate arab states like jordan, that we're now on the verge of losing. iraq's probably going to be a lost cause for a long time.

I would say the Middle East as a whole is a diplomatic blunder that will cost us generations.  More western countries will bend and shift, but not the Middle East.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/30/06 at 9:54 pm

yeah, but most people hate other people who gun them down and destroy the infrastructure in their country. whatever the right's stated intentions in iraq that's the end result. all this playground analogy stuff about "stopping people from bullying" iraqis is the hollow pretense the administration provided for an invasion that plainly had nothing to do with the welfare of the people in that country.the administration thought the war would be quick and easy and it would help them look busy after 911. they were wrong. they bet and they lost and now we have to deal with the consequence of the right wing's stupidity.

frankly, we can stay or we can go, i doubt it matters. we're not making things any better by being there but the enemy's been made. iraq's gonna loathe america for a generation at least. but right now seeing american troops in the streets is stoking the rage even further. imagine how you'd feel if you had to see foreign troops marching up and down main street in your town, while you had no power and no potable water and you knew they were the reason why.

Thank you for your reply, some very good insight and well thought out analogy.  However, I disagree. I think what we do matters greatly as well as how we do it. 

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/30/06 at 9:56 pm

and isn't that just the craps?  Seems it always takes longer to clean something up then it does to mess something up.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/31/06 at 1:24 am

Steve Forbes' main platform tenet is his "flat tax."  Everybody pays the same percentage of their income in taxes, so that's fair, right?
WWWRRROOOONG!!!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/poke2.gif

Do you remember back in '96 by any chance?  He got into bed with the anti-choice religious right to shore up support among the Republican base.  Prior to that, he didn't give a rat's azz about social issues.  They didn't have anything to do with him and his money!  I'm sorry, it was 10 years ago, and I just remember the guy reeking of insincerity.

Written By: Davester on 07/31/06 at 2:38 am

I agree.  People don't have to hail from Fallujah to have an axe to grind.  Across the Mideast, the thought of the humbling of America is enticing.  In Asia, they know their day is dawning.  Europe is in the messy process of becoming a new, more cosmopolitan elaboration on the principles of the United States.  Our future slice of the pie is looking humble, and for all of our stupendous past successes, this is definitely not the time to be cocky...

go ;)...

Written By: La Roche on 07/31/06 at 4:41 am

A democrat - A politician who tells you he's gonna fu.ck you and does fuc.k you.

A republican - A politician who tells you everything is great then fu.cks you anyway.

Hope, where is this hope you talk about?

The current administration has left this country in debt up to it's eyeballs, waged war around the world, created hostility where there was unanimous good will, killed off it's own citizens and left the political structure that hundreds of thousands fought to protect in tatters. I don't see this hope.

And here's the kicker, as Max has more or less said, the Democrats would have done essentially nothing different.

Until there is major reform in the campaign system we will have systemic rot throughout the executive, legislative and judicial branches of the government.

Would I vote for Bush in 2008 if he was to re-amend the constitution giving himself the ability to run for a third term? No, of course not.
Would I vote for the Democratic candidate? No, of course not.

I have no idea who I'll vote for in the next election. I have no desire to see a religious republican in office, I have no desire to see a Democrat preaching to the same congregation in office either.

Revolt?

Written By: Davester on 07/31/06 at 5:12 am

Davey Thrashmister,

Yeah, it would seem here's no point in voting anyway, huh?  All the major parties have the same policies, and none of them tell the voters what their long term plans are because usually they don't have any.  Large scale democracies develop massive inertia and become locked into a wealth/tax creating partnership with big business...

We should learn from history. 'No taxation without representation' should be our united battle cry as voters...

Tax rebellion..?  If all else fails there is nothing left but terrorism, and we musn't let things go any further in that direction...

go ;)...

Written By: La Roche on 07/31/06 at 6:53 am

Davey Thrashmister,

Yeah, it would seem here's no point in voting anyway, huh?  All the major parties have the same policies, and none of them tell the voters what their long term plans are because usually they don't have any.  Large scale democracies develop massive inertia and become locked into a wealth/tax creating partnership with big business...

We should learn from history. 'No taxation without representation' should be our united battle cry as voters...

Tax rebellion..?  If all else fails there is nothing left but terrorism, and we musn't let things go any further in that direction...

go ;)...

It's so tempting to join one of the many militias now working in the United States. 'Coming to a provincial town near you!'  ;D

I am part of the smallest minority in this country. Actual Conservatives.

I suppose I am fairly right wing and should in theory be in tune with the Republican party, but they don't exist anymore.
I can't for the life of me remember his name, but we had a senator in Missouri, Republican, good man.. he was quoted as saying "I don't even recognize this party anymore." That's a Missouri Republican.. paints a sad picture of the current Republican party.

They're far more radical than the Democrats, Socialists, Greens and anybody else you could care to name.

'We should ban this.'
'We should kill this.'
These are radical thoughts.

It seems that the term radical can only be attributed to left leaning causes, but I say the current Republican administration is the most radical government we've had since FDR.

I will however say a similar thing for the Democrats.

They're stagnant.

To be honest, depending upon who they nominate, I'd consider voting democrat in 2008 simply because I don't think whoever they nominate will be as radical as the Republican nominee.
Even McCain, a man I've always respected is pandering more and more to the radical republican Christian majority. These are people who want what is essentially a totalitarian state.. hold on, I remember we fought a bunch of wars trying to stop that kind of thing.. right?

No Taxation w/out representation is an interesting point.
Do you feel represented?

I don't.

I'm far more concerned about the escalating national debt than I am about banning gay marriage.
However, that seems to have been swept under the rug recently.
I'm far more concerned about the awful state of the roads in the state I live in, yet my state government is far more concerned with deciding what sort of ridiculous religious fairy-tales should be taught in the public schools.

I'm paying for them to waste time, this is not the way things are supposed to work.

I'm interested to hear what others have to say about this, Maybe it should be a separate topic?

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/31/06 at 12:46 pm

Steve Forbes' main platform tenet is his "flat tax."  Everybody pays the same percentage of their income in taxes, so that's fair, right?
WWWRRROOOONG!!!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/poke2.gif

Do you remember back in '96 by any chance?  He got into bed with the anti-choice religious right to shore up support among the Republican base.  Prior to that, he didn't give a rat's azz about social issues.  They didn't have anything to do with him and his money!  I'm sorry, it was 10 years ago, and I just remember the guy reeking of insincerity.

You name me one full all the way man who's perfect and I'll name you 2.5 billion who aren't.  Everyone has flaws and everyone has something about who and what they are you're not going to like. Simple common sense.

Secondly I feel that Mr. Forbes is one of the only people out there with the power to do so that would actually fight for change and righteousness within the social issues.  As I said before, we see eye to eye, therefore I'd like to see him in office.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/31/06 at 4:35 pm

You name me one full all the way man who's perfect and I'll name you 2.5 billion who aren't.  Everyone has flaws and everyone has something about who and what they are you're not going to like. Simple common sense.

Secondly I feel that Mr. Forbes is one of the only people out there with the power to do so that would actually fight for change and righteousness within the social issues.  As I said before, we see eye to eye, therefore I'd like to see him in office.

You see eye to eye the way a sheep sees eye to eye with the wolf. 
Steve Forbes' economic policies would be Dubya on steroids, and the Bushies have damaged this economy so badly it would take three generations to undo the damage if we all started trying like hell tomorrow to repair the damage instead of continuing to make it worse.
Steve Forbes would do away with the Estate Tax, and as much capital gains taxation as possible.  He would force the tax burdens onto those least able to pay.  The flat tax is a lie.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/31/06 at 11:35 pm

You see eye to eye the way a sheep sees eye to eye with the wolf. 
Steve Forbes' economic policies would be Dubya on steroids, and the Bushies have damaged this economy so badly it would take three generations to undo the damage if we all started trying like hell tomorrow to repair the damage instead of continuing to make it worse.
Steve Forbes would do away with the Estate Tax, and as much capital gains taxation as possible.  He would force the tax burdens onto those least able to pay.  The flat tax is a lie.

You're intitled to believe what could be true as am I intitled to believe what could be true as well.  I'm not a sheep, I never have been.  Sheep are followers something Lord in which I believe in knows very good and well I am not.  Steve Forbes and I do see eye to eye on many things, everything, certainly not.  No one and I see eye to eye on absolutely everything.  However I am not going to be treated as if I am blinded or shadowed just because I happen to like an unpopular individual within your standards.  I know who he is, what he's about and am not ignorant to the issues inwhich I might be at quarrel with him, however I like him. You do not, that is totally ok with me, now have it totally ok with you that I am in favor of him.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/01/06 at 8:05 pm

You're intitled to believe what could be true as am I intitled to believe what could be true as well.  I'm not a sheep, I never have been.  Sheep are followers something Lord in which I believe in knows very good and well I am not.  Steve Forbes and I do see eye to eye on many things, everything, certainly not.  No one and I see eye to eye on absolutely everything.  However I am not going to be treated as if I am blinded or shadowed just because I happen to like an unpopular individual within your standards.  I know who he is, what he's about and am not ignorant to the issues inwhich I might be at quarrel with him, however I like him. You do not, that is totally ok with me, now have it totally ok with you that I am in favor of him.

It's totally OK with me if you want to hitch your wagon to Steve Forbes.  However, if you're not a multimillionaire, I'm going to say Mr. Forbes does not share your economic interests.  Maybe your economic interests are for the working class to be burdened with heavier taxation than the billionaires...but they are not mine!

Say you earned $40,000 this year and the flat tax was 17%.  Don't you think you'd feel a bigger pinch than the guy who who made $400,000 and paid 17%?  Do you really think anybody who can afford a $1000 an hour tax lawyer is going to actually pay the flat tax, even on earnings?  ("Earnings" taxes, as opposed to capital gains taxes, which Forbes would like to eliminate completely.)

Written By: Lifesunfair on 08/01/06 at 8:31 pm

It's totally OK with me if you want to hitch your wagon to Steve Forbes.  However, if you're not a multimillionaire, I'm going to say Mr. Forbes does not share your economic interests.  Maybe your economic interests are for the working class to be burdened with heavier taxation than the billionaires...but they are not mine!

Say you earned $40,000 this year and the flat tax was 17%.  Don't you think you'd feel a bigger pinch than the guy who who made $400,000 and paid 17%?  Do you really think anybody who can afford a $1000 an hour tax lawyer is going to actually pay the flat tax, even on earnings?  ("Earnings" taxes, as opposed to capital gains taxes, which Forbes would like to eliminate completely.)

Very few things in life are fair, very many things in life are unfair.  You can't make an omelt, without breaking some eggs and once you make an omelt not everyone likes cheese.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 08/02/06 at 1:30 am

Didn't vote for him before, wouldn't do it if given the chance.  End of.

Basically the same here.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/06/06 at 7:56 pm

No way did I vote for Bush, nor would I vote for him ever!

THE MAN IS INSANE....now he wants absolute power over the National Guard...and he's never fought in a war. A lot of governors don't want to go along with Bush's proposed National Guard thing....

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/2ar15smilie.gif
oh well, the Bush Antipresidency is over come Inauguration Day 2009!

Written By: Lifesunfair on 08/06/06 at 8:37 pm

No way did I vote for Bush, nor would I vote for him ever!

THE MAN IS INSANE....now he wants absolute power over the National Guard...and he's never fought in a war. A lot of governors don't want to go along with Bush's proposed National Guard thing....

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/2ar15smilie.gif
oh well, the Bush Antipresidency is over come Inauguration Day 2009!

I've been in pyschiatric wards and sanitariums...you have yet to see insane.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/06/06 at 11:50 pm

I've been in pyschiatric wards and sanitariums...you have yet to see insane.

Working there or as a patient?

Written By: Lifesunfair on 08/07/06 at 12:01 am

Working there or as a patient?

Studying. Creative writing class I took once and I wrote a play about a sanitarium, I figured why not see the real thing and actually have some since of what I'm writing about. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/07/06 at 12:07 am

Studying. Creative writing class I took once and I wrote a play about a sanitarium, I figured why not see the real thing and actually have some since of what I'm writing about. 

Oh, wow, cool!  There aren't nearly as many around since deinstitutionalization started in the '70s.
Ken Kesey worked as an attendant at a state hospital prior to writing One Flew Over the Cuckoos nest.  He worked the shift and used to drop acid on the job. Great idea, Ken!  Whatever gets you through the night!

Written By: witchain on 08/07/06 at 6:43 am

I spent a week in a psych ward, and acid would have made it much more enjoyable...  :o

Bush is sane, just dangerous.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 08/07/06 at 12:42 pm

Oh, wow, cool!  There aren't nearly as many around since deinstitutionalization started in the '70s.
Ken Kesey worked as an attendant at a state hospital prior to writing One Flew Over the Cuckoos nest.  He worked the shift and used to drop acid on the job. Great idea, Ken!  Whatever gets you through the night!

I never knew that about Kesey. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/07/06 at 2:42 pm

I spent a week in a psych ward, and acid would have made it much more enjoyable...  :o

Bush is sane, just dangerous.

Many years ago I was on a major burnout from depression.  I signed myself into the psych unit at the local hospital.  It was a Friday morning.  See, I was on probation with my work, one more absence, one more f**k-up and I was gonna get fired.  I couldn't think straight.  My nerves were shot.  Some twist of logic told me If I was hospitalized, they couldn't legally fire me.  I was right.  But it did mean spending the entire weekend in the psych unit.  I wasn't going to get discharged until I spoke to the shrink, and he wasn't going to be in until Monday morning!  So, once you're in one of those places, you gotta play ball with the staff if you want to get discharged as quickly as possible.  They were keeping senile dementia patients on the unit, along with your drunks and schizophrenics.  Right off I saw how incompetent the staff was.  There was this old lady walking into the walls in the day room while a couple of old drunks chuckled at her.  Where was the staff?  Gossiping around the reception counter, that's where!  My impulse was to go up and yell, "WTF do you idiots think you're doing?  You've got a patient injuring herself!"  If I did that, I knew I'd get a big tranquilizer and another three days!  You don't want the psych unit staff bearing a grudge against you!  So I walked up very calmly and said in a pleasant voice, "Uh, pardon me a moment..."  Politics paid off.  I was outta there Monday morning!
:D

Written By: witchain on 08/07/06 at 11:11 pm

You don't want the psych unit staff bearing a grudge against you!  So I walked up very calmly and said in a pleasant voice, "Uh, pardon me a moment..."  Politics paid off.

Are you referring to Bush or the hospital? lol
He'd be great in a psych ward, syringe in hand:
"Don't worry, you won't remember a thing..."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/08/06 at 11:07 am

Are you referring to Bush or the hospital? lol
He'd be great in a psych ward, syringe in hand:
"Don't worry, you won't remember a thing..."

That would be Don Rumsfeld. Listening to that guy makes you wonder, "Is his brain scrambled or is my brain scrambled...or both!"

Written By: Davester on 08/08/06 at 11:31 am

That would be Don Rumsfeld. Listening to that guy makes you wonder, "Is his brain scrambled or is my brain scrambled...or both!"

"As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know..." ~ Don Rumsfeld, February 12, 2002

*flicks lips with index finger...*  Blubl-e-e-e-bleble-bulnbleub-bleee-belle... groove ;) on...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/08/06 at 3:22 pm

"As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know..." ~ Don Rumsfeld, February 12, 2002

*flicks lips with index finger...*  Blubl-e-e-e-bleble-bulnbleub-bleee-belle... groove ;) on...

Composer Phil Kline wrote songs based on things Rumsfeld said, "known unknowns" is one of them!http://www.cantaloupemusic.com/CA21019.html#zippo

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 08/08/06 at 6:59 pm

Hey...I've actually been a patient in a psychiatric hospital. Did you see a State hospital by any chance? Besides staying in a local hospital I did two quite unpleasant stints in one of New Jersey's state psychiatric facilities..Ancora Psychiatric Hospital. Ancora was bad when I was there, and it's worse now. There's talk of shutting it down, it's so dilapidated, and patient care is so s*itty...Most mental health consumers go to psych units that are part of local hospitals, and actually recieve excellent care.

And yeah, Bush is actually more dangerous than anyone with a mental illness. He's in his right mind enough to set his destructive plans in motion!

Written By: Tia on 08/09/06 at 10:24 am

http://ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/sovereignty.html

Written By: Davester on 08/09/06 at 10:43 am

I-I-I just...oh man... :-\\

Written By: Tia on 08/09/06 at 12:24 pm

I-I-I just...oh man... :-\\
i like how the audience tries not to laugh at him, but they just end up having to. talk about the emperor having no clothes.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/06 at 6:01 pm

Who's his speaking coach again, Dan Quayle?

Fool me once....shame...shame...on you, fool me....can't get fooled again!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/rudolf.gif

Written By: Davester on 08/09/06 at 11:27 pm

Who's his speaking coach again, Dan Quayle?

Fool me once....shame...shame...on you, fool me....can't get fooled again!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/rudolf.gif

I need to find some more Quayle-isms...

Georgie is just unprepared/hasn't given serious thought to subject matter/doesn't really care...

Dan, on the other hand, is just--> :D <--

They all need to just take a break and learn to relax  http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193336/leafTiny.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/10/06 at 12:23 am

Georgie is just unprepared/hasn't given serious thought to subject matter/doesn't really care...

They all need to just take a break and learn to relax  http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193336/leafTiny.gif

Uh, I think Dubya's drug of choice is the Peruian dancing dust, the Andean marching powder, you know, nose candy, booger sugar!
::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/06 at 2:00 pm

I smoke two joints in the morning. Smoke two joints at night.
I smoke two joints in the afternoon. It makes me feel alright.
I smoke two joints in time of peace, and two in time of war.
I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints. Then I smoke two more.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Paul on 08/10/06 at 2:12 pm

Welcome to politics, kiddo...

Written By: Lifesunfair on 08/10/06 at 5:11 pm

You know I can't wait until a liberal gets into office in a few years, then you guys will get to listen to me complain.  Well if he's like Clinton I won't complain much, Clinton was pretty good, but if he's like John Kerry or Al Gore, I hope you like as much as you dish out.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/10/06 at 5:33 pm

You know I can't wait until a liberal gets into office in a few years, then you guys will get to listen to me complain.  Well if he's like Clinton I won't complain much, Clinton was pretty good, but if he's like John Kerry or Al Gore, I hope you like as much as you dish out.

I just want a government that isn't run by idiotis and psychopaths, thank you very much.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/10/06 at 5:51 pm

I just want a government that isn't run by idiotis and psychopaths, thank you very much.

Hear, hear!!

Cat

Written By: Lifesunfair on 08/10/06 at 7:41 pm

Make Believe is one fairy tale away my friend.

Check for new replies or respond here...