» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: My next Shaggin' Wagon

Written By: STAR70 on 07/26/06 at 5:45 pm

it's the Tesla Roadster baby!!! Yeah!

http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php?js_enabled=1

Subject: Re: My next Shaggin' Wagon

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/26/06 at 6:17 pm

How are you gonna shag in that thing? What are you, a midget?
:P

Written By: STAR70 on 07/26/06 at 6:24 pm

do you REALLY wanna know?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/26/06 at 6:27 pm

do you REALLY wanna know?

NO!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/stop.gif

Written By: Davester on 07/27/06 at 6:53 am

it's the Tesla Roadster baby!!! Yeah!

http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php?js_enabled=1

Imagine if everyone in California charged their cars in addition to the current load.  We couldn't even keep the AC running much less all the cars...

Bah..!  I'll take my old Grand National.  It may not have gas, but it sure looks nice crouching on the curb.  These dad-blasted, new-fangled contraptions always make me anxious and I end up dropping my false teeth into my broth... :P :D

go ;)...

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/28/06 at 1:12 pm

Imagine if everyone in California charged their cars in addition to the current load.  We couldn't even keep the AC running much less all the cars...

not really... most people would be charging them overnight while they slept (non-peak hours) and driving them during the day (peak hours).  If demand increased after 5PM, they'd just leave the generators running longer.  The company also is planning to offer a solar panel system to go with it for your garage roof, so you can really keep it green.

a 0-60 time in the low 4 second range is just sick, I wouldn't mind owning one.  Get the price into the $40K range and you couldn't manufacture them quickly enough.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/28/06 at 3:17 pm

It is nice to have people manufacturing cars that run on other fuel than gas, however, where do we get our electricity? You got it-OIL. But, I do believe this is a step in the right direction.

Cat

Written By: Davester on 07/28/06 at 3:43 pm

a 0-60 time in the low 4 second range is just sick, I wouldn't mind owning one.  Get the price into the $40K range and you couldn't manufacture them quickly enough.

For something that can go from 0-60 in 4 seconds, it's 130mph top speed is curiously low.  Most sports cars with that kind of acceleration can reach or get pretty close to 200mph.  Electronic speed limiting..?

The quirk of it being an all electric super car may make it worth the extra 10k for the doctors and CEOs out there looking to stupidly blow massive amounts of money on an impractical car...

Written By: STAR70 on 07/31/06 at 4:17 pm

It is nice to have people manufacturing cars that run on other fuel than gas, however, where do we get our electricity? You got it-OIL.  ...

Cat

Not in California, where at least 80 percent of our electricity comes from natural gas powered turbines.

California also has more cars than anywhere else in the world. Beginning in 1980 California License plates had 7 characters because we had so many cars we were running out of combinations (a current plate looks like this: 1ABC234). It's absolutely crucial that Californians get rid of the internal combustion engine because we produce more greenhouse gases per capita than other populace on earth.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/31/06 at 6:23 pm

It is nice to have people manufacturing cars that run on other fuel than gas, however, where do we get our electricity? You got it-OIL. But, I do believe this is a step in the right direction.

Cat

All an excellent sales pitch for COAL.

Check for new replies or respond here...