» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Disband Israel

Written By: Tia on 07/31/06 at 8:23 am

yup. i think it's about time. here's what i think we should do:

take all that money that's going into miliitary aid for israel right now and use it to offer any citizen of israel, anyone who wants to move anywhere else in the world, we'll pay for your ticket and give you a low-interest loan or even a grant to help you get set up there. (with the amount of military aid going to israel right now, i rather think we could probably hook everybody up with a two-story house with a three-car garage, which is part of the problem, of course.) or you can stay in israel if you want, but no more blackhawk helicopters, no more two-ton bombs, no more infantry rifles with my tax dollars. i doubt if the people who stay would be around for long but maybe they could stand up on their own, and if so, hats off to em.

we've been trying to support israel for sixty years, it was a good effort. but the longer they stay there and keep occupying the surrounding territories, the more brutal the israelis become, and the more like the fascists the allies were supposedly defending them from by creating israel in the first place.

i know it would never happen, but it would save countless lives if it did and it would be a favor to the people who live there, because they're sacrificing their souls and morality in doing what they're doing. and i don't work for a living to have my tax dollars go to trash like this.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2006-07/31/xin_30070331061047315831.jpg

the front page of every paper looks like this today. i'm fed up.

Subject: Re: Disband Israel

Written By: La Roche on 07/31/06 at 8:33 am

yup. i think it's about time. here's what i think we should do:

take all that money that's going into miliitary aid for israel right now and use it to offer any citizen of israel, anyone who wants to move anywhere else in the world, we'll pay for your ticket and give you a low-interest loan or even a grant to help you get set up there. (with the amount of military aid going to israel right now, i rather think we could probably hook everybody up with a two-story house with a three-car garage, which is part of the problem, of course.) or you can stay in israel if you want, but no more blackhawk helicopters, no more two-ton bombs, no more infantry rifles with my tax dollars. i doubt if the people who stay would be around for long but maybe they could stand up on their own, and if so, hats off to em.

we've been trying to support israel for sixty years, it was a good effort. but the longer they stay there and keep occupying the surrounding territories, the more brutal the israelis become, and the more like the fascists the allies were supposedly defending them from by creating israel in the first place.

i know it would never happen, but it would save countless lives if it did and it would be a favor to the people who live there, because they're sacrificing their souls and morality in doing what they're doing. and i don't work for a living to have my tax dollars go to trash like this.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2006-07/31/xin_30070331061047315831.jpg

the front page of every paper looks like this today. i'm fed up.

We could always just round those 'sorts' up in to some sort of holiday camp right?

Maybe put some barbed wire around the top so nobody could get in without the right 'qualifications'?

;)

Written By: Tia on 07/31/06 at 8:39 am

well, this should certainly stir up some controversy.

yeah, i guess the anti-semitism thing is the available response, but if the choice is between on the one hand, being labeled an anti-semite because you don't want military aid going in a certain direction, and on the other condoning military strikes in which 90 percent of the people getting killed are civilians and 2 out of 5 are children... where does that leave you? nobody wants to put the idea out there for fear of getting called a bad name but how much longer is this supposed to go on, y'know?

Written By: La Roche on 07/31/06 at 10:31 am

well, this should certainly stir up some controversy.

yeah, i guess the anti-semitism thing is the available response, but if the choice is between on the one hand, being labeled an anti-semite because you don't want military aid going in a certain direction, and on the other condoning military strikes in which 90 percent of the people getting killed are civilians and 2 out of 5 are children... where does that leave you? nobody wants to put the idea out there for fear of getting called a bad name but how much longer is this supposed to go on, y'know?

I'm only messing with you.

It's a ridiculous idea though. What do you actually suggest happens? Just carve up Israel between the children around it? Face it Mike, they're like children.

Written By: Tia on 07/31/06 at 10:43 am

gah! i'm just frustrated.

they all choked on dirt. 37 kids choked to death on dirt. and what do we hear? "oh, well, THEY started it." what crap.

anyway, i'm not saying carve israel up. im saying let's quit feeding an all-out war by shipping bullets into it.

Written By: La Roche on 07/31/06 at 10:51 am

gah! i'm just frustrated.

they all choked on dirt. 37 kids choked to death on dirt. and what do we hear? "oh, well, THEY started it." what crap.

anyway, i'm not saying carve israel up. im saying let's quit feeding an all-out war by shipping bullets into it.

I think we've had this argument before.

If Hezbollah had the same sort of weapons as Irsael did then you would see 370 kids choked to death on dirt.
Is it the fault of the United States that Israel has an excellent defence system? I don't see how. It's a good thing. Israel is a major ally, in the same way that the United States supported large parts of Eastern and central europe after the second world war, they are supporting Israel against a radical breed of extreme, violent and hostile militants.

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/31/06 at 11:16 am

I agree with this, as a Jew. Israel was a mistake in the first place. They all should've just come here and settled in upstate New York, or something.

Written By: Tia on 07/31/06 at 11:33 am

it's funny because this is totally not a left-right thing. i was listening to the sunday talk shows yesterday and the biggest apologists for the latest round of israeli government babykilling were liberal democrats.

i can't buy that all the palestinians are like children or that hezbollah just grew magically out of the ground. to take such a perspective asks me to ignore that life has been virtually unliveable for the palestinians for years. are arabs just congenitally morally inferior killers? i don't think so. hezbollah is depraved, yes, but they're also obviously a symptom of a more systemic apartheid system in the ME. and these flyers! the israeli military says, oh, we dropped flyers saying, "oh, we're going to destroy your home and if you're there when we do it, we're going to kill you and your family." and they say this is humanitarian! it's just another way of terrorizing the people out there. i hear they do recorded phone calls. imagine getting a recorded phone call telling you your home is going to be destroyed in a couple of days and you'll be killed if you don't leave. would you take it as a favor? or as a threat?

they're pretty open, the military, that their strategy is to make the people turn on hezbollah. that's a thinly veiled way of saying, we're going to torture and maim and terrorize the people out there until they turn against themselves. they talked about a ceasefire on aerial bombing, and it boiled down to, we're not going to bomb buildings for 48 hours unless there are hezbollah fighters in them. does that mean they were deliberately bombing buildings that they knew didn't have combatants in them before? and what about that UN convoy?

man, they've flipped out. i'm telling ya.

Written By: Tia on 07/31/06 at 11:39 am

this is the worst thread ever. i can't believe i started it.

okay, that's it. i've had it. i'm blowing up this thread.

praise god!

*kaboom*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/31/06 at 1:51 pm

This is a very complicated situation. Maybe James is on to something about the fact that the U.S. should not have helped Israel get started in the first place- there is much validity in that statement. What most people don't realize that the Palestinians were there FIRST. Creating the state of Israel has displaced them. Unfortunately that HAS happened and there are now two groups fighting for the same land. And I see the entire conflict being racial/religious. The U.S. helped create Israel because they did not want the Jews here. There was also the Muslims in the Middle East but the U.S. didn't like them MORE than they didn't like the Jews. But with the U.S. backing, having a Jewish state in the region, would mean that U.S. would not have to fight the "infidels" there (until Dubya came to office). So, the U.S. can sit back and watch these two groups fight it out.

I think the first thing that should be with the conflict is for the U.S. to stop giving aid to Israel. It should also recognize a Palestine state. I believe that BOTH have the right to exist. Many people don't realize that part of the problem with the entire region is because of U.S. involvement. Think about it, if the U.S. wasn't involved in the first place (after WWII) 9/11 may not have happened.

BTW, I am not saying this from an anti-semitism point of view-as most (if not all) know that I am half-Jewish myself.

Cat

Written By: STAR70 on 07/31/06 at 3:38 pm

I agree with this, as a Jew. Israel was a mistake in the first place. They all should've just come here and settled in upstate New York, or something.

the opposite is happening, more and more Muslims are being displaced by Jewish immigrants due to the "right of return"

Written By: witchain on 07/31/06 at 4:17 pm

This is a very complicated situation...

I think the first thing that should be with the conflict is for the U.S. to stop giving aid to Israel. It should also recognize a Palestine state. I believe that BOTH have the right to exist. Many people don't realize that part of the problem with the entire region is because of U.S. involvement. Think about it, if the U.S. wasn't involved in the first place (after WWII) 9/11 may not have happened...

BTW, I am not saying this from an anti-semitism point of view-as most (if not all) know that I am half-Jewish myself.

Cat

Very complicated indeed, and quite tragic. I agree with Cat, as I usually do.
I think most of the problem stems from U.S. involvement.

But- What would happen if we withdrew all support from the region right now?
(Which will never happen!)
Are they going to count on the U.N.? That is even scarier...

What a farking mess.  :\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/31/06 at 4:28 pm

But, Tia, it's not about people.  It never was and it never will be.  The Jews wanted a homeland in Palestine for several generations before the pogroms, the holocaust, and the post-WWII world stage rearrangements.  The Jewish people are only props for the continued imperial exploitation of the Middle East. 
::)

Written By: velvetoneo on 07/31/06 at 4:52 pm

But, Tia, it's not about people.  It never was and it never will be.  The Jews wanted a homeland in Palestine for several generations before the pogroms, the holocaust, and the post-WWII world stage rearrangements.  The Jewish people are only props for the continued imperial exploitation of the Middle East. 
::)

I suppose so. I understand the desire for the Jews to have a "homeland." I went to Hebrew School for about six years, and the whole time they were pushing what I see as a rather distant and fake Israeli heritage over the actual Yiddish Ashkenazi Jewish heritage from which most of us stem in America. I had a connection with this what, a couple of thousand years ago? I think part of the shameless promotion of Israeli heritage has to do with the destruction, totally and utterly, of European Jewish culture. Out of 3,300,000 Jews in Poland in 1936, there were only 300,000 in 1946. It's like people are so eager to forget this illustrious Yiddish culture, now mostly held on by people in the English-speaking world, seeing it as worthless and not our own, because it was a culture of oppression. Though it WAS our own. Without the Yiddish culture and its desire for learning, its perpetual sacrifice for that, there would not be the great body in the arts and entertainment and politics and academia of works by Ashkenazi Jews. Israel is a reaction against the millennia of oppression us Jews have had to undergo.

I agree with Cat that Israel was created because the US did not want all the refugees, though they did receive plenty of us. I think it was monstrous the way the US refused to take Jewish children and turned away a boat...my grandmother was a 16-year old German Jew in 1939, and England took her, thankfully. Though she had to go through years of working in factories under terrible conditions during wartime, at least she survived, and eventually emigrated to the Bronx to join her parents. There are more of us "Holocaust survivor descendents" than you think. I don't live in a particularly Jewish town, and out of 114 kids in my class, 5 of us have some Holocaust survivor descent. Israel is composed of a mix of Jewish refugees, essentially. The elite Ashkenazim came before the war and consist of some others, like substantial numbers of Romanian and other E. European Jews who came in and settled there. There's also a massive population of people from the former USSR.

I agree, we were used essentially as a tool. We were convinced Palestine was a good idea. Honestly, it would've been better to have just come to the United States or something. But they weren't willing to take all the refugees.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/31/06 at 5:29 pm

The thing is, I know an Israeli professor who was born in Palestine on a Kibbutz in 1943.  He now teaches music at Haifa University, and emails me, "Well, things are alright.  Five alarms today, but no missiles."  This is not what his family signed up for when they settled in Palestine a decade before the partition!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/rocketwhore.gif

Written By: Mushroom on 08/01/06 at 12:13 pm

I think most of the problem stems from U.S. involvement.

Even if the US had opposed the creation in the UN, and had not sent Israel a single bullet, there would still be fighting there.

Even if Jordan had permitted the creation of Palestine on the same date as the creation of Israel (which was stated in the UN charter), there would still be fighting over there.

Hey, I got a great idea.  Let's just declair Israel illegal, and then march them all off into ovens.  Since most of them will not voluntarily leave, we should just kill the lot of them.

And while we are at it, we can do the same to all of the Africans that are here in the US.  Just ship them back to Africa, or kill them.  Yea, yea, that's the answer.

And we really do not want all of these Vietnamese, send them back to live in Ho Chi Minh City.

Then we have this problem with all these Muslims here in the US, Spain, England, and everywhere else.  What the hell, ship them back!  If they do not want to go back, gas them.

God, the lot of you makes me so fracking sick sometimes.

Written By: Tia on 08/01/06 at 12:20 pm

Even if the US had opposed the creation in the UN, and had not sent Israel a single bullet, there would still be fighting there.

Even if Jordan had permitted the creation of Palestine on the same date as the creation of Israel (which was stated in the UN charter), there would still be fighting over there.

Hey, I got a great idea.  Let's just declair Israel illegal, and then march them all off into ovens.  Since most of them will not voluntarily leave, we should just kill the lot of them.

And while we are at it, we can do the same to all of the Africans that are here in the US.  Just ship them back to Africa, or kill them.  Yea, yea, that's the answer.

And we really do not want all of these Vietnamese, send them back to live in Ho Chi Minh City.

Then we have this problem with all these Muslims here in the US, Spain, England, and everywhere else.  What the hell, ship them back!  If they do not want to go back, gas them.

God, the lot of you makes me so fracking sick sometimes.
anti-semitic card: PLAYED!

nice.

all of the preceding silly and irrelevant sarcasm aside, my original proposal involved allowing as many israelis into america as wanted to come. transferring all that massive military aid, which is currently being used to slaughter palestinians and lebanese in a particularly useless and unproductive fashion, into different directions would enable us to do quite a bit. that's a LOT of resources currently being wasted.

i rather think keeping with the current pogrom in the ME comes pretty close to wholesale genocide of the lebanese. so i hardly think you have any right to go pointing fingers and talking in highly inflammatory ways about "ovens." the bombing of lebanon is pretty much gassing and burning by other means.

ISRAEL DESTROYING LEBANON

LIZ SLY, CHICAGO TRIBUNE - The suburbs are now eerily deserted, their
residents having fled in the first days of the war. Hezbollah's
headquarters is a collapsed pile of masonry, the buildings housing the
group's press office and TV station are gone, and the apartment block
where Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah lived has pancaked into
a single story of crunched concrete. Entire city blocks have been
obliterated, along with the thousands of homes, shops and offices that
they housed, by the tons of explosives dropped by Israeli warplanes in
their effort to dislodge the Shiite militia. . .

All indicators suggest Hezbollah has survived relatively unscathed.
Its guerrilla forces are still firing rockets into northern Israel and
putting up stiff resistance in the town of Bint Jbeil, its leader
routinely appears on television, and its media department conducts
regular tours for journalists. Lebanon itself is not faring so well.
As the conflict enters its third week, the country is teetering on the
brink of a humanitarian catastrophe. More than 800,000 people, nearly
a quarter of the population, have been displaced, the government says.
In the war zone of the south, injured people are trapped in the rubble
of the buildings that cascaded down on them. The death toll has passed
420 but is feared to be much higher. The attacks have pummeled the
country's infrastructure, much of it newly built, turning the clock
back on Lebanon's hopes of recovery in the aftermath of the civil war
that engulfed the country from 1975 to 1990.

According to the government, 62 bridges--two-thirds of the country's
total--have been destroyed, along with 85 percent of the main roads as
well as 72 overpasses; 160 factories, farms and commercial ventures;
23 gas stations; 27 'vital points,' including ports, airports and
power stations; and 6,200 apartments. The count probably is an
underestimate, because officials say many areas are beyond reach of
the government's limited resources.

http://www.topix.net/content/trb/2597422849124292037308159889560718647356

Written By: velvetoneo on 08/01/06 at 12:45 pm

anti-semitic card: PLAYED!

nice.

all of the preceding silly and irrelevant sarcasm aside, my original proposal involved allowing as many israelis into america as wanted to come. transferring all that massive military aid, which is currently being used to slaughter palestinians and lebanese in a particularly useless and unproductive fashion, into different directions would enable us to do quite a bit. that's a LOT of resources currently being wasted.

i rather think keeping with the current pogrom in the ME comes pretty close to wholesale genocide of the lebanese. so i hardly think you have any right to go pointing fingers and talking in highly inflammatory ways about "ovens." the bombing of lebanon is pretty much gassing and burning by other means.

ISRAEL DESTROYING LEBANON

LIZ SLY, CHICAGO TRIBUNE - The suburbs are now eerily deserted, their
residents having fled in the first days of the war. Hezbollah's
headquarters is a collapsed pile of masonry, the buildings housing the
group's press office and TV station are gone, and the apartment block
where Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah lived has pancaked into
a single story of crunched concrete. Entire city blocks have been
obliterated, along with the thousands of homes, shops and offices that
they housed, by the tons of explosives dropped by Israeli warplanes in
their effort to dislodge the Shiite militia. . .

All indicators suggest Hezbollah has survived relatively unscathed.
Its guerrilla forces are still firing rockets into northern Israel and
putting up stiff resistance in the town of Bint Jbeil, its leader
routinely appears on television, and its media department conducts
regular tours for journalists. Lebanon itself is not faring so well.
As the conflict enters its third week, the country is teetering on the
brink of a humanitarian catastrophe. More than 800,000 people, nearly
a quarter of the population, have been displaced, the government says.
In the war zone of the south, injured people are trapped in the rubble
of the buildings that cascaded down on them. The death toll has passed
420 but is feared to be much higher. The attacks have pummeled the
country's infrastructure, much of it newly built, turning the clock
back on Lebanon's hopes of recovery in the aftermath of the civil war
that engulfed the country from 1975 to 1990.

According to the government, 62 bridges--two-thirds of the country's
total--have been destroyed, along with 85 percent of the main roads as
well as 72 overpasses; 160 factories, farms and commercial ventures;
23 gas stations; 27 'vital points,' including ports, airports and
power stations; and 6,200 apartments. The count probably is an
underestimate, because officials say many areas are beyond reach of
the government's limited resources.

http://www.topix.net/content/trb/2597422849124292037308159889560718647356

So, basically, Israel is just destroying Lebanon and not even getting Hezbollah?

Jesus.

I think Mushroom's comments were inflammatory, by the way. The definition of inflammatory. And I'm Jewish. Don't talk about "ovens" in jest or even theoretically. There's some internet rule that goes by, if you bring up Hitler, Nazis, or the Holocaust, you just end up talking about the aforementioned three and not the topic at hand.

Written By: Tia on 08/01/06 at 2:22 pm

well, not that it wasn't expected. criticize israeli policy, get called an antisemite. them's just the rules.

it's too bad it happens but we're all familiar with it by now.

Written By: Mushroom on 08/01/06 at 2:51 pm

I think Mushroom's comments were inflammatory, by the way. The definition of inflammatory. And I'm Jewish. Don't talk about "ovens" in jest or even theoretically. There's some internet rule that goes by, if you bring up Hitler, Nazis, or the Holocaust, you just end up talking about the aforementioned three and not the topic at hand.

They were inflamitory.  And remember, most of the "Jews" living in Israel were born there.  A lot of their parents were born there too.  And there has been Jews living in that region for over 4,000 years.

What do we do if they do not want to leave?  Force them to leave?  I know, let's create another new country, call it "New Lyberia", and deport them all to there, by force if nessicary.  And it will have to be forcefull, because most of them simply will not leave.  It is where they were born after all.

Remember, the nation is almost 60 years old.  The Exodus generation is almost all gone.  The last major influx of Jewish immigrants was in the 1990's, when Communism collapsed in Eastern Europe, and a bunch migrated there who were not able to do so earlier.

And in case somebody did not realize what I was patterning my little rant around, go watch (or listen to) Pink Floy's "In The Flesh, from the movie/CD The Wall.

So ya
Thought ya
Might like to
go to the show
To feel the warm thrill of confusion
That space cadet glow
I've got some bad news for you sunshine
Pink isn't well he stayed back at the hotel
And they sent us along as a surrogate band
And we're going to find out where you fans
Really stand
Are there any queers in the theatre tonight
Get 'em up against the wall
That one looks Jewish
And that one's a coon
Who let all this riff raff into the room
There's one smoking a joint and
Another with spots
If I had my way I'd have all of you shot

And I made no claim that anybody in here was being anti-Semitic.  But it has long been my belief that when something discriminatory or racest is being said, I will speak up against it.  I no more support somebody talking about the destruction of Israel then I would the destruction of Palestine.  Both are morally reprehensible acts.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/01/06 at 7:54 pm

Israel is not a persecuted state, mmmmkay.

Written By: velvetoneo on 08/01/06 at 8:40 pm

It irritates me how people say, when seeing the Israelis being expelled from the West Bank on TV, "Oh, but it was their homes!" Well, it was the Palestinians' home before that, and there are plenty of truly persecuted peoples to worry about. And again, this isn't anti-Semitism coming from me.

There's this idea by some goyim and some Jews that Israel is needed to make up for the Holocaust (and, in return, thousands of years of persecution by almost all powerful Western governments and peoples.) I don't see it as necessary, or there being a need to make up in the form of a nation state. What I really want is a pants-down admittance from the US government that it was unabashed anti-Semitism and not a lack of knowledge that prevented them from helping us in the 1930s.  There should at least be some gratitude from the US government that we came here and enriched the arts and entertainment (as comedians, actors, composers, musicians, visual artists, writers, and businesspeople), the entrepreneurial world, science, and academia, etc. Instead, they keep promoting Israel, which is only a way to both kill more of us being passed off as charity of some sort.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/01/06 at 9:22 pm

^ Heh heh, well, Israel is a nice strategic base for American war pigs and comes with a tidy story of human suffering to be avenged.  How can you impeach the human suffering credentials of a people that survived a holocaust.

(meanwhile, in the good ole USA, we continue to treat the Injuns like complete sh*t, but we'll throw a few casinos there way, make it all okie-dokie!)
:-\\

Said it before, I'll say it again, in the founding days of Israel the scholars and politicians who said Jews must not use the holocaust as an excuse to mistreat others, they got the bum's rush!  There are scholars, journalists, and politicians in Israel today who say the same, but they don't get asked their opinion much.

Written By: velvetoneo on 08/01/06 at 9:25 pm

^ Heh heh, well, Israel is a nice strategic base for American war pigs and comes with a tidy story of human suffering to be avenged.  How can you impeach the human suffering credentials of a people that survived a holocaust.

(meanwhile, in the good ole USA, we continue to treat the Injuns like complete sh*t, but we'll throw a few casinos there way, make it all okie-dokie!)
:-\\

Said it before, I'll say it again, in the founding days of Israel the scholars and politicians who said Jews must not use the holocaust as an excuse to mistreat others, they got the bum's rush!  There are scholars, journalists, and politicians in Israel today who say the same, but they don't get asked their opinion much.

I would much rather have the unabashed apologies of the US, to the point of their humiliation, than some little piece of arid, war-torn desert.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/01/06 at 9:33 pm

What's with the name, Herman the German Giant Rabbit?
???

Written By: Tia on 08/01/06 at 9:38 pm

well, i imagine their thumbs are a trifle sore from repeatedly pushing the button to open the bomb bay doors, but other than that...

Written By: velvetoneo on 08/01/06 at 11:09 pm

well, i imagine their thumbs are a trifle sore from repeatedly pushing the button to open the bomb bay doors, but other than that...

I think alot of Jews have this annoying "eye for an eye" jealousy. The Holocaust was a last straw to thousands of years of undeniable persecution, in which my ancestors served, essentially, as the doormats of Europe, at the butt of the joke in countless war crimes and deceptions. Now, some Israelis seem to think "Look at us! We can commit war crimes too!" Related to this is why I sort of frown on living in Europe. All white Americans left there for a good reason. Because, despite the cultural achievements and beauty, it was a total sh*thole for us peasants.

Well, you see, there's this giant rabbit in Germany named Herman, pictured in my signature. He weighs 22 pounds. I just want to steal him and bring him home with me. Or be him. I'm not sure which.

Written By: Tia on 08/01/06 at 11:30 pm

that's a huge rabbit.

Written By: velvetoneo on 08/01/06 at 11:33 pm

that's a huge rabbit.

Don't you really want to get one? He's twice the size of my cat.

Written By: Davester on 08/02/06 at 2:59 am

There's this idea by some goyim and some Jews that Israel is needed to make up for the Holocaust (and, in return, thousands of years of persecution by almost all powerful Western governments and peoples.) I don't see it as necessary, or there being a need to make up in the form of a nation state.

Yes.  Ever hear of the King-Crane Commission..?  Sent, by Woodrow Wilson, to the former Arab provinces of the Ottoman Empire after WWI...

The King-Crane report stated:

~ 90% of Palestine's inhabitants were non-Jewish & did not want a Jewish state in Palestine...
   ~ If they are given Palestine, "Zionists looked forward to practically complete dispossession of the present non-Jewish inhabitants..."
   ~ The Commission said that a Jewish state in Palestine would violate the Palestinian Arab's right to self-determination: they
       recommended that the Zionists respect the wishes of Palestine's inhabitants and find another place to plant the Jewish state...

The usual versions of Israel's history either don't mention the King-Crane Commission report or they minimize it's importance.  IMO, any lover of democracy must consider the King-Crane Commission report a major event.  The report is definitave proof that:

1.  The Zionists knew they were acting against the will of the people...
   2.  The Zionists knowingly subverted democracy...
   3.  The United States government confirmed the legitimacy of the claim that Palestinians make today...groove ;) on...

King-Crane Commission of 1919

Edited: added link...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/02/06 at 11:51 am

Yes.  Ever hear of the King-Crane Commission..?  Sent, by Woodrow Wilson, to the former Arab provinces of the Ottoman Empire after WWI...

The King-Crane report stated:

~ 90% of Palestine's inhabitants were non-Jewish & did not want a Jewish state in Palestine...
   ~ If they are given Palestine, "Zionists looked forward to practically complete dispossession of the present non-Jewish inhabitants..."
   ~ The Commission said that a Jewish state in Palestine would violate the Palestinian Arab's right to self-determination: they
       recommended that the Zionists respect the wishes of Palestine's inhabitants and find another place to plant the Jewish state...

The usual versions of Israel's history either don't mention the King-Crane Commission report or they minimize it's importance.  IMO, any lover of democracy must consider the King-Crane Commission report a major event.  The report is definitave proof that:

1.  The Zionists knew they were acting against the will of the people...
   2.  The Zionists knowingly subverted democracy...
   3.  The United States government confirmed the legitimacy of the claim that Palestinians make today...groove ;) on...

King-Crane Commission of 1919

Edited: added link...

The King-Crane Commission or the King Kong Commission, it makes no difference.
The state of Israel and the state of Iraq have something in common.  They are both states created for the benefit of greater imperial interests.  Iraq is just a generation older than Israel. 

Nevertheless, Jewish settlements flourished next to Palestinian communities for decades.  Jews (Zionists) and Palestinians got along for the most part.  There were skirmishes here and there, but the were able to manage.  WWII, the holocaust, and the partition changed everything. Stalin's anti-Semitic pogroms played no small part.  There was more than just the centuries old anti-Semitism afoot.  There were now fascist dictators trying to exterminate the Jewish people altogether.  We can all understand how this would make Jews worldwide more nervous, militaristic, and wrathful.  Can't blame them on that count.
The problem is the political dynamic of the modern state created by imperial artifice.  When you invade another culture, shove the people around, redraw boundaries, and give one ethnicity an advantage over another, disaster awaits.  Look at what's happened in Rwanda and the Sudan.  Look at the revenge on the Kurds in the midst of the Iran-Iraq war.  Look at the collapse of Yugoslavia in the early '90s.  These are all the results of imperial meddling.  So is the Israeli--Palestinian conflict.  The only difference is America, and to a lesser degree Britain, is still enforcing imperial oppression by the corrupt rendering of the Zionist call for a "homeland" where the ancient state of Israel existed.

What if WWII, the holocaust, the pogroms, and the U.N. partition had not occurred?  The Jews may still have a homeland in Palestine.  Perhaps there would be kibbutzim, universities, rabbinical centers, and other places of cultural significance for the Jewish diaspora.  The difference would be in the volume of settlers and the demand for land.  After WWII, Israel went from homeland, to refuge, to the sad state we see now: a piece of real estate deeded to the Jews by God Himself to which any bona-fide Jew has the right to migrate.  Some latter day Zionists declare it's not just a right, but a mandate for Jews to settle in Israel.  The American Evangelical death cult is right behind these fanatics, because the Evangelicals believe the Jews and Israel play a leading role in the Evangelical Armageddon/Rapture prophesy.

Israel is the size of New Jersey. There is no way to accommodate the volume of Jewish people demanding to settle there unless they systematically rub out the Palestinians.  We did not stop the Jewish holocaust, but we can stop the Palestinian holocaust.  We Americans are thus obliged to stanch the influence of the Evangelical death cult on foreign policy and to remove from power all American politicicans who are informed by the vision of the Evangelicals, and that includes both George W. Bush and Hillary Clinton.

Written By: Tia on 08/02/06 at 11:55 am

a lot of people are abiding the massacre in lebanon, predictably, by citing 9/11 and the war in iraq. as though the palestinians, the lebanese, the iraqis, the iranians, al qaeda and the syrians were all the same people. the ignorance is truly breathtaking.

Written By: La Roche on 08/02/06 at 1:17 pm

a lot of people are abiding the massacre in lebanon, predictably, by citing 9/11 and the war in iraq. as though the palestinians, the lebanese, the iraqis, the iranians, al qaeda and the syrians were all the same people. the ignorance is truly breathtaking.

Valid point.

That kind of thing drives me close to the edge of insanity.

'They're all kinda brown right?'  ::)

Written By: Davester on 08/03/06 at 3:25 am

The King-Crane Commission or the King Kong Commission, it makes no difference.
The state of Israel and the state of Iraq have something in common.  They are both states created for the benefit of greater imperial interests.  Iraq is just a generation older than Israel. 

Nevertheless, Jewish settlements flourished next to Palestinian communities for decades.  Jews (Zionists) and Palestinians got along for the most part.  There were skirmishes here and there, but the were able to manage.  WWII, the holocaust, and the partition changed everything. Stalin's anti-Semitic pogroms played no small part.  There was more than just the centuries old anti-Semitism afoot.  There were now fascist dictators trying to exterminate the Jewish people altogether.  We can all understand how this would make Jews worldwide more nervous, militaristic, and wrathful.  Can't blame them on that count.
The problem is the political dynamic of the modern state created by imperial artifice.  When you invade another culture, shove the people around, redraw boundaries, and give one ethnicity an advantage over another, disaster awaits.  Look at what's happened in Rwanda and the Sudan.  Look at the revenge on the Kurds in the midst of the Iran-Iraq war.  Look at the collapse of Yugoslavia in the early '90s.  These are all the results of imperial meddling.  So is the Israeli--Palestinian conflict.  The only difference is America, and to a lesser degree Britain, is still enforcing imperial oppression by the corrupt rendering of the Zionist call for a "homeland" where the ancient state of Israel existed.

You're referring to Theodor Herzl and the Early Zionist Movement?  Assimilation was the key to the survival of the Jewish people until the wave of anti-Semitism following the Dreyfus Affair....

The Jewish settlements thriving amidst Palestinian inhabitants may be some of the 40,000 Jews who moved there as part of the so-called "1st Aliyas" (Ascent) all of whom, if I'm not mistaken, were not motivated by Zionism.  Their motives were purer than that: they wanted to get away from the Russian & Romaniam pogoms...

Get this, though...

After Herzl's 1896 of "The Jewish State", the Zionists got down to bizness.  Herzl was made president of the Zionist World Congress, after which he went to the Sultan of Turkey and asked for Palestine: no dice..!  He then went to the British.  They offered him Uganda..!

What if WWII, the holocaust, the pogroms, and the U.N. partition had not occurred? 

This brings me to the second wave of Jewish settlers to Palestine:  the so-called "2nd Aliyas" large scale immigration following Russia's abortive 1905 revolution.  Most of these Jews, as I understand, would have preferred to settle in America but the U.S. strictly limited Jewish immigrants.  Palestine was the next choice, partly because Jews were treated better in Muslim countries than in Christian ones...

You're right on with your commentary, Max, IMO.  Has been rather slow around here.  Yikes..!  It has been my intention to walk carefully through Palestinian history in order to help, in any way I can, enlighten those who walk in darkness and soothe the troubled soul...groove ;) on...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/03/06 at 4:52 pm

You're referring to Theodor Herzl and the Early Zionist Movement?  Assimilation was the key to the survival of the Jewish people until the wave of anti-Semitism following the Dreyfus Affair....

The Jewish settlements thriving amidst Palestinian inhabitants may be some of the 40,000 Jews who moved there as part of the so-called "1st Aliyas" (Ascent) all of whom, if I'm not mistaken, were not motivated by Zionism.  Their motives were purer than that: they wanted to get away from the Russian & Romaniam pogoms...

Get this, though...

After Herzl's 1896 of "The Jewish State", the Zionists got down to bizness.  Herzl was made president of the Zionist World Congress, after which he went to the Sultan of Turkey and asked for Palestine: no dice..!  He then went to the British.  They offered him Uganda..!

This brings me to the second wave of Jewish settlers to Palestine:  the so-called "2nd Aliyas" large scale immigration following Russia's abortive 1905 revolution.  Most of these Jews, as I understand, would have preferred to settle in America but the U.S. strictly limited Jewish immigrants.  Palestine was the next choice, partly because Jews were treated better in Muslim countries than in Christian ones...

You're right on with your commentary, Max, IMO.  Has been rather slow around here.  Yikes..!  It has been my intention to walk carefully through Palestinian history in order to help, in any way I can, enlighten those who walk in darkness and soothe the troubled soul...groove ;) on...

I vaguely recall the historical references you mentioned.  I'll have to brush up on them when I get the chance.  Could it be that anti-Semitism informs our pro-Israel foreign policy?  The only time I hear the American Right talk pro-Jewish is regarding Israel.  The Evangelical death cult adheres to a bogus prophesy of Armageddon letting fly when all the Jews retrun to Israel.  That's one thing.  I seem to remember anti-Semitism being all the rage among the gentile Right in generations past.  Old WASP families like the Bushes saw the Jews as threatening to their dominance.  You know the old stereotypes: Jews are brainy.  Jews are good with money.  Those stereotypes developed for a reason.  They only became construed as negative because gentiles felt threatened.  The true levers of power in this country still reside with old money gentiles.  I don't buy this hogwash about "the Jewish lobby."  Nobody has ever pinpointed for me what the hell "the Jewish lobby" even is.  It reminds me of the way people go on about the Illuminati and the Trilateral Commission.*
The real "Jewish lobby" might just be the entrenched gentile power structure saying, "let's keep the Jews focused more on Israel and less on Washington." 
mmmaybe not, though.  Just a thought.

*There really is a Trilateral Commission.  You can write to them, and they'll gladly tell you all about the organization.  They're not going to send you a letter saying, "Yes, it's true.  We really do run the world!"  You can also jump through the hoops to join your local Masonic lodge, but it's not going to be like that Simpsons episode....or is it?

Remember, "The Cutters," which at the end of the episode becomes the "No Homers Club"?  It starts in Homer's childhood, when there was also a "No Homers Club"

Boy: Hey Billy! Hey Joey! Come on in. There's plenty of room. Sorry, not you, Homer.

Homer: Why not?

Homer: But you let in Homer Glumplich.

Homer G.: Hyuck hyuck!

Boy: It says no Homers. We're allowed to have one.

Homer: Oh...

(every American male identifies with Homer Simpson at some point, that was one of those points for me!)

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/ralph/images/links/28.jpg

http://www.nohomers.net/index.shtml

Written By: Davester on 08/03/06 at 5:04 pm

"  You can also jump through the hoops to join your local Masonic lodge, but it's not going to be like that Simpsons episode....or is it?

Oddly enough, around six or seven years ago I applied for membership with the local Masonic Lodge just to see what all the huhbub was about.  Learn the shady secrets of this dark craft and unlock the secrets of the Illuminati.

I didn't qualify as I had no deity of preference.  Bummer... :-P.S. - I'll return tonight to pick up the ball...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/03/06 at 5:09 pm

Oddly enough, around six or seven years ago I applied for membership with the local Masonic Lodge just to see what all the huhbub was about.  Learn the shady secrets of this dark craft and unlock the secrets of the Illuminati.

I didn't qualify as I had no deity of preference.  Bummer... :-P.S. - I'll return tonight to pick up the ball...

You applied to the Masons as an agnostic? 
Why don't we ever hear conspiracy theories about the agnostics?  "Yeah, you know, Barney, It's them Agnostics that really run everything..."
If they asked me my "deity of preference," I would have showed them a dollar bill.  Zingo!  In like Flynn!
;D

Written By: Mushroom on 08/03/06 at 5:15 pm

*There really is a Trilateral Commission.  You can write to them, and they'll gladly tell you all about the organization.  They're not going to send you a letter saying, "Yes, it's true.  We really do run the world!"  You can also jump through the hoops to join your local Masonic lodge, but it's not going to be like that Simpsons episode....or is it?

Here is what Wiki says about it:

The Trilateral Commission is a private organization, founded in 1973 at the initiative of David Rockefeller, who pushed the idea of including Japan at the Bilderberg meetings he was attending but was rebuffed. Along with Zbigniew Brzezinski and a few others, including from the Brookings Institution, Council on Foreign Relations and the Ford Foundation, he convened initial meetings from which grew the Trilateral organisation. Its first executive committee meeting was held in Tokyo in October 1973. It consists of approximatively 300-350 private citizens from Europe, Pacific Asia (Asia & Oceania), and North America, and exists to promote closer political and economic cooperation between these areas.

Personally, I find the concept that "Secret Commitees" running the world as silly.  My dad was an Elk, and his father was a Mason, Shriner, Elk, Moose, and Odfellow.  My other grandfather was an Elk.  I have been to several meetings, and they often could not even agree to what day to hold the next picknic.

Now groups may have an influence over decision makers, but that is a very different thing.  Of course somebody who is Cathloic is going to tend to follow principals that they were raised with.  The same goes for somebody who is Jewish, Hindu, Military Veteran, GLAAD, or Sierra Club affiliated.  I hold the idea that Free Masons run the world about as seriously as I would if somebody claimed that Wildlife International ran the wrold, because it's members in public office push an Environmental platform.

I just hope that nobody in here seriously believes in the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, then I would worry.

Written By: velvetoneo on 08/03/06 at 6:32 pm

I vaguely recall the historical references you mentioned.  I'll have to brush up on them when I get the chance.  Could it be that anti-Semitism informs our pro-Israel foreign policy?  The only time I hear the American Right talk pro-Jewish is regarding Israel.  The Evangelical death cult adheres to a bogus prophesy of Armageddon letting fly when all the Jews retrun to Israel.  That's one thing.  I seem to remember anti-Semitism being all the rage among the gentile Right in generations past.  Old WASP families like the Bushes saw the Jews as threatening to their dominance.  You know the old stereotypes: Jews are brainy.  Jews are good with money.  Those stereotypes developed for a reason.  They only became construed as negative because gentiles felt threatened.  The true levers of power in this country still reside with old money gentiles.  I don't buy this hogwash about "the Jewish lobby."  Nobody has ever pinpointed for me what the hell "the Jewish lobby" even is.  It reminds me of the way people go on about the Illuminati and the Trilateral Commission.*
The real "Jewish lobby" might just be the entrenched gentile power structure saying, "let's keep the Jews focused more on Israel and less on Washington." 

Remember, "The Cutters," which at the end of the episode becomes the "No Homers Club"?  It starts in Homer's childhood, when there was also a "No Homers Club"

Boy: Hey Billy! Hey Joey! Come on in. There's plenty of room. Sorry, not you, Homer.

Homer: Why not?

Homer: But you let in Homer Glumplich.

Homer G.: Hyuck hyuck!

Boy: It says no Homers. We're allowed to have one.

Homer: Oh...

(every American male identifies with Homer Simpson at some point, that was one of those points for me!)

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/ralph/images/links/28.jpg

http://www.nohomers.net/index.shtml

The WASPs were threatened because we started "invading" American academic, business, and cultural areas and institutions that were previously closed to all but white Protestants. We rose to cultural prominence quicker than any other ethnic group. We were admitted to Ivy League Schools despite the quota and graduated at the top of the class, and we had greater business acumen and dedication, because we came from poverty. My grandfathers are great examples of this. My paternal grandfather was born to a lower middle-class, uneducated family from Poland and Lithuania. His father was basically a chronically unemployed textile industry clerk from Lithuania. He received the 2nd highest Regents Score in the state of New York for 1936, graduated from Yale and Columbia Law School at the top of his class, and became a law firm partner at one of New York's leading law firms, and a Democratic political activist in Manhattan of great repute. My maternal grandfather was born to dirt poor Ukrainian Jewish immigrants in 1914 in the slums of Newark, who were primarily Yiddish speaking. He transferred from Rutgers Newark to Harvard, went back in his thirties to get a psychiatry degree, and helped found the New Jersey Psychiatric Association, and moved to a fancy suburb outside of Newark. This threatened the hell out of the WASPs. Goldman Sachs started to threaten Morgan Stanley, for instance.

GO NEW MONEY  ;)!

Written By: Davester on 08/04/06 at 4:50 am

Political Action Committees (PAC) may be those "lobbies" we're hearing about.  Many say they should be abolished.  They rob part of our democracy, they say.  Technically, PACs don't bribe our politicians, they just make extremely large "donations" to your "campaign"...If you play ball.  If you don't, then they make extremely large donations to your opponent's "campaign".  Both Bush and Clinton made pre-campaign promises to abolish them, but PACs are still here and more powerful than ever...

To wit: AIPAC (American Israel Public Affairs Committee) is the most powerful PAC in America...

AIPAC is, (to quote David Shipler, front page of the New York Times, July 6, 1987) "...a major force in shaping United States policy in the Middle East..." and that AIPAC has many members of the American government--what's the polite term for "in it's pocket"?-- and it is't shy about using it's power to make or break a poliotician's career.  Even has "the power to influence a Presidential candidate's choice of staff"...

On Middle East Policy, A Major Influence - By David K. Shipler, New York Times, July 6, 1987

AIPAC ARCHIVES

Yeah, I read Progressive Review...groove ;) on...

Written By: Tia on 08/04/06 at 8:14 am

i'm just on a youtube tear last couple of days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaBGDd9z5Ac

you'll never guess who was in that "raid on entebbe" movie of the week.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/04/06 at 3:32 pm

The WASPs were threatened because we started "invading" American academic, business, and cultural areas and institutions that were previously closed to all but white Protestants. We rose to cultural prominence quicker than any other ethnic group. We were admitted to Ivy League Schools despite the quota and graduated at the top of the class, and we had greater business acumen and dedication, because we came from poverty. My grandfathers are great examples of this. My paternal grandfather was born to a lower middle-class, uneducated family from Poland and Lithuania. His father was basically a chronically unemployed textile industry clerk from Lithuania. He received the 2nd highest Regents Score in the state of New York for 1936, graduated from Yale and Columbia Law School at the top of his class, and became a law firm partner at one of New York's leading law firms, and a Democratic political activist in Manhattan of great repute. My maternal grandfather was born to dirt poor Ukrainian Jewish immigrants in 1914 in the slums of Newark, who were primarily Yiddish speaking. He transferred from Rutgers Newark to Harvard, went back in his thirties to get a psychiatry degree, and helped found the New Jersey Psychiatric Association, and moved to a fancy suburb outside of Newark. This threatened the hell out of the WASPs. Goldman Sachs started to threaten Morgan Stanley, for instance.

GO NEW MONEY  ;)!

Exactly.  On an even playing field Dan Quayle from Indiana cannot compete with Myron Cohen from Brooklyn.  What's more, he feels entitled not to.  The old money WASPs assume America is their country and always should be.  The Jews were just a bunch of interlopers.  I remember in about 1990 when the started talking about a quota for how many "Asians" should be admitted to Stanford each year, I thought, "hey, the Asians are the new Jews!"  Yeah, yeah, everybody loves competition and may the best man win, until he is no longer the best man and isn't winning.  Then it's "not fair!"
See, most of the WASP money was not earned.  It was stolen from the rest of the world via the British empire! Back in the day, if you were the Third Earl of Kent, it didn't matter 'ow bleedin' stupid you were.  You were a bigshot from birth.  That's what you see with the Bush family.  The Bushes want a neo-aristocracy in which they shall be the royals.

One key difference.  A hundred years ago, if war broke out, and you were the son of the Third Earl of Kent, you suited up and went to the frontlines.  That's just what you did.  No question.  It went back to feudal knighthood.  The royals fought for their country and their subjects.  America does not have a feudal tradition.  Uh, that was one of the tenets of the founding of the country.  The other was NO ARISTOCRACY.  So the American neo-aristocrats want the best of both worlds, the privileges of royalty whilst owing the commoners NOTHING!*

I'm a WASP too.  I have Pilgrim ancenstors on the Mayflower.  The difference is my family has no money!

*This is not to suggest the royals actually did right by the commoners!  Ever heard of a guy named Oliver Cromwell?  Eh, that didn't work out so good either.

Written By: STAR70 on 08/18/06 at 2:49 pm

The Thirty Three Day War: From Mania to Depression

Uri Avnery is an Israeli writer and peace activist with Gush Shalom. He is one of the writers featured in The Other Israel: Voices of Dissent and Refusal. He is also a contributor to CounterPunch's hot new book The Politics of Anti-Semitism. He can be reached at: avnery@counterpunch.org.

Tel Aviv.

Thirty three days of war. The longest of our wars since 1949.

On the Israeli side: 154 dead--117 of them soldiers. 3970 rockets launched against us, 37 civilians dead, more than 422 civilians wounded.

On the Lebanese side: about a thousand dead civilians, thousands wounded. An unknown number of Hizbullah fighters dead and wounded.

More than a million refugees on both sides.

So what has been achieved for this terrible price?

"GLOOMY, HUMBLE, despondent," was how the journalist Yossef Werter described Ehud Olmert, a few hours after the cease-fire had come into effect.

Olmert? Humble? Is this the same Olmert we know? The same Olmert who thumped the table and shouted: "No more!" Who said: "After the war, the situation will be completely different than before!" Who promised a "New Middle East" as a result of the war?

THE RESULTS of the war are obvious:

* The prisoners, who served as casus belli (or pretext) for the war, have not been released. They will come back only as a result of an exchange of prisoners, exactly as Hassan Nasrallah proposed before the war.

* Hizbullah has remained as it was. It has not been destroyed, nor disarmed, nor even removed from where it was. Its fighters have proved themselves in battle and have even garnered compliments from Israeli soldiers. Its command and communication stucture has continued to function to the end. Its TV station is still broadcasting.

* Hassan Nasrallah is alive and kicking. Persistent attempts to kill him failed. His prestige is sky-high. Everywhere in the Arab world, from Morocco to Iraq, songs are being composed in his honor and his picture adorns the walls.

* The Lebanese army will be deployed along the border, side by side with a large international force. That is the only material change that has been achieved.

This will not replace Hizbullah. Hizbullah will remain in the area, in every village and town. The Israeli army has not succeeded in removing it from one single village. That was simply impossible without permanently removing the population to which it belongs.

The Lebanese army and the international force cannot and will not confront Hizbullah. Their very presence there depends on Hizbullah's consent. In practice, a kind of co-existence of the three forces will come into being, each one knowing that it has to come to terms with the other two.

Perhaps the international force will be able to prevent incursions by Hizbullah, such as the one that preceded this war. But it will also have to prevent Israeli actions, such as the reconnaissance flights of our Air Force over Lebanon. That's why the Israeli army objected, at the beginning, so strenuously to the introduction of this force.

IN ISRAEL, there is now a general atmosphere of disappointment and despondency. From mania to depression. It's not only that the politicians and the generals are firing accusations at each other, as we foresaw, but the general public is also voicing criticism from every possible angle. The soldiers criticize the conduct of the war, the reserve soldiers gripe about the chaos and the failure of supplies.

In all parties, there are new opposition groupings and threats of splits. In Kadima. In Labor. It seems that in Meretz, too, there is a lot of ferment, because most of its leaders supported the war dragon almost until the last moment, when they caught its tail and pierced it with their little lance.

At the head of the critics are marching--surprise, surprise--the media. The entire horde of interviewers and commentators, correspondents and presstitutes, who (with very few exceptions) enthused about the war, who deceived, misled, falsified, ignored, duped and lied for the fatherland, who stifled all criticism and branded as traitors all who opposed the war--they are now running ahead of the lynch mob. How predictable, how ugly. Suddenly they remember what we have been saying right from the beginning of the war.

This phase is symbolized by Dan Halutz, the Chief-of-Staff. Only yesterday he was the hero of the masses, it was forbidden to utter a word against him. Now he is being described as a war profiteer. A moment before sending his soldiers into battle, he found the time to sell his shares, in expectation of a decline of the stock market. (Let us hope that a moment before the end he found the time to buy them back again.)

Victory, as is well known, has many fathers, and failure in war is an orphan.

FROM THE deluge of accusations and gripes, one slogan stands out , a slogan that must send a cold shiver down the spine of anyone with a good memory: "the politicians did not let the army win."

Exactly as I wrote two weeks ago, we see before our very eyes the resurrection of the old cry "they stabbed the army in the back!"

This is how it goes: At long last, two days before the end, the land offensive started to roll. Thanks to our heroic soldiers, the men of the reserves, it was a dazzling success. And then, when we were on the verge of a great victory, the cease-fire came into effect.

There is not a single word of truth in this. This operation, which was planned and which the army spent years training for, was not carried out earlier, because it was clear that it would not bring any meaningful gains but would be costly in lives. The army would, indeed, have occupied wide areas, but without being able to dislodge the Hizbullah fighters from them.

The town of Bint Jbeil, for example, right next to the border, was taken by the army three times, and the Hizbullah fighters remained there to the end. If we had occupied 20 towns and villages like this one, the soldiers and the tanks would have been exposed in twenty places to the mortal attacks of the guerillas with their highly effective anti-tank weapons.

If so, why was it decided, at the last moment, to carry out this operation after all--well after the UN had already called for an end to hostilities? The horrific answer: it was a cynical--not to say vile--exercise of the failed trio. Olmert, Peretz and Halutz wanted to create "a picture of victory", as was openly stated in the media. On this altar the lives of 33 soldiers (including a young woman) were sacrificed.

The aim was to photograph the victorious soldiers on the bank of the Litani. The operation could only last 48 hours, when the cease-fire would come into force. In spite of the fact that the army used helicopters to land the troops, the aim was not attained. At no point did the army reach the Litani.

For comparison: in the first Lebanon war, that of Sharon in 1982, the army crossed the Litani in the first few hours. (The Litani, by the way, is not a real river anymore, but just a shallow creek. Most of its waters are drawn off far from there, in the north. Its last stretch is about 25 km distant from the border, near Metulla the distance is only 4 km.)

This time, when the cease-fire took effect, all the units taking part had reached villages on the way to the river. There they became sitting ducks, surrounded by Hizbullah fighters, without secure supply lines. From that moment on, the army had only one aim: to get them out of there as quickly as possible, regardless of who might take their place.

If a commission of inquiry is set up--as it must be--and investigates all the moves of this war, starting from the way the decision to start it was made, it will also have to investigate the decision to start this last operation. The death of 33 soldiers (including the son of the writer David Grossman, who had supported the war) and the pain this caused their families demand that!

BUT THESE facts are not yet clear to the general public. The brain-washing by the military commentators and the ex-generals, who dominated the media at the time, has turned the foolish--I would almost say "criminal"--operation into a rousing victory parade. The decision of the political leadership to stop it is now being seen by many as an act of defeatist, spineless, corrupt and even treasonous politicians.

And that is exactly the new slogan of the fascist Right that is now raising its ugly head.

After World War I, in similar circumstances, the legend of the "knife in the back of the victorious army" grew up. Adolf Hitler used it to carry him to power--and on to World War II.

Now, even before the last fallen soldier has been buried, the incompetent generals are starting to talk shamelessly about "another round", the next war that will surely come "in a month or in a year", God willing. After all, we cannot end the matter like this, in failure. Where is our pride?

THE ISRAELI public is now in a state of shock and disorientation. Accusations--justified and unjustified--are flung around in all directions, and it cannot be foreseen how things will develop.

Perhaps, in the end, it is logic that will win. Logic says: what has thoroughly been demonstrated is that there is no military solution. That is true in the North. That is also true in the South, where we are confronting a whole people that has nothing to lose anymore. The success of the Lebanese guerilla will encourage the Palestinian guerilla.

For logic to win, we must be honest with ourselves: pinpoint the failures, investigate their deeper causes, draw the proper conclusions.

Some people want to prevent that at any price. President Bush declares vociferously that we have won the war. A glorious victory over the Evil Ones. Like his own victory in Iraq.

When a football team is able to choose the referee, it is no surprise if it is declared the winner.

Uri Avnery is an Israeli writer and peace activist with Gush Shalom. He is one of the writers featured in The Other Israel: Voices of Dissent and Refusal. He is also a contributor to CounterPunch's hot new book The Politics of Anti-Semitism. He can be reached at: avnery@counterpunch.org.

Written By: Davester on 08/19/06 at 1:01 am

Thank you, Star70...

I just purchased Uri Avnery's My Friend, the Enemy not very long ago.  A great piece of writing by the Israeli peace veteran Uri Avnery...

For those who may not know, Avnery and his family escaped the Nazis, and fled to Palestine, where he spent some years as an armed militant, fighting for Israel's statheood, in the Jewish underground.  He was the first Israeli journalist to meet with Arafat (for which he could have been tried for treason).  He was once a member of the Knesset.  A few months ago, he, and a Gush Shalom (Bloc of Peace) delegation met with elected Hamas officials, Abu Ter, and Ahmad Atun groove ;) on...

Written By: witchain on 08/19/06 at 4:04 am

I thank you as well, STAR70.  :)
That was a very good read, and I'll check him out more thouroughly.

Written By: STAR70 on 08/19/06 at 5:07 pm

MORE URI:

A Practical Manual
Anti-Semitism vs. Anti-Zionism

By URI AVNERY

A Hungarian Joke: During the June 1967 war, a Hungarian meets his friend. "Why do you look so happy?" he asks. "I heard that the Israelis shot down six Soviet-made MiGs today," his friend replies.

The next day, the friend looks even more jubilant. "The Israelis downed another eight MiGs," he announces.

On the third day, the friend is crestfallen. "What happened? Didn't the Israelis down any MiGs today?" the man asks. "They did," the friend answers, "But today someone told me that the Israelis are Jews!"

This is the whole story in a nutshell.

The Anti-Semite hates the Jews because they are Jews, irrespective of their actions. Jews may be hated because they are rich and ostentatious or because they are poor and live in squalor. Because they played a major role in the Bolshevik revolution or because some of them became incredibly rich after the collapse of the Communist regime. Because they crucified Jesus or because they infected Western culture with the "Christian morality of compassion". Because they have no fatherland or because they created the State of Israel.

That is in the nature of all kinds of racism and chauvinism: One hates someone for being a Jew, Arab, woman, black, Indian, Muslim, Hindu. His or her personal attributes, actions, achievements are unimportant. If he or she belongs to the abhorred race, religion or gender, they will be hated.

The answers to all questions relating to anti-Semitism follow from this basic fact. For example:

Is everybody who criticizes Israel an anti-Semite?

Absolutely not. Somebody who criticizes Israel for certain of our actions cannot be accused of anti-Semitism for that. But somebody who hates Israel because it is a Jewish state, like the Hungarian in the joke, is an anti-Semite. It is not always easy to distinguish between the two kinds, because shrewd anti-Semites pose as bona fide critics of Israel's actions. But presenting all critics of Israel as anti-Semites is wrong and counter-productive, it damages the fight against anti-Semitism.

Many deeply moral persons, the cream of humanity, criticize our behavior in the occupied territories. It is stupid to accuse them of anti-Semitism.

Can a person be an anti-Zionist without being an anti-Semite?

Absolutely yes. Zionism is a political creed and must be treated like any other. One can be anti-Communist without being anti-Chinese, anti-Capitalist without being anti-American, anti-Globalist, anti-Anything. Yet, again, it is not always easy to draw the line, because real anti-Semites often pretend just to be "anti-Zionists". They should not be helped by erasing the distinction.

Can a person be an anti-Semite and a Zionist?

Indeed, yes. The founder of modern Zionism, Theodor Herzl, already tried to enlist the support of notorious Russian anti-Semites, promising them to take the Jews off their hands. Before World War II, the Zionist underground organization IZL established military training camps in Poland under the auspices of the anti-Semitic generals, who also wanted to get rid of the Jews. Nowadays, the Zionist extreme Right receives and welcomes massive support from the American fundamentalist evangelists, whom the majority of American Jews, according to a poll published this week, consider profoundly anti-Semitic. Their theology prophesies that on the eve of the second coming of Christ, all Jews must convert to Christianity or be exterminated.

Can a Jew be anti-Semitic?

That sounds like an oxymoron. But history has known some instances of Jews who became ferocious Jew-haters. The Spanish Grand Inquisitor, Torquemada, was of Jewish descent. Karl Marx wrote some very nasty things about the Jews, as did Otto Weininger, an important Jewish writer in fin-de-siecle Vienna. Herzl, his contemporary and fellow-Viennese, wrote in his diaries some very uncomplimentary remarks about the Jews.

If a person criticizes Israel more than other countries which do the same, is he an anti-Semite?

Not necessarily. True, there should be one and the same moral standard for all countries and all human beings. Russian actions in Chechnya are not better than ours in Nablus, and may be worse. The trouble is that the Jews are pictured and picture themselves (and indeed were) a "nation of victims". Therefore, the world is shocked that yesterday's victims are today's victimizers. A higher moral standard is required from us than from other peoples. And rightly so.

Has Europe become anti-Semitic again?

Not really. The number of anti-Semites in Europe has not grown, perhaps it has even fallen. What has increased is the volume of criticism of Israel's behavior towards the Palestinians, who appear as "the victims of the victims".

The situation in some suburbs of Paris, which is often cited as an example of the rise of anti-Semitism, is a quite different affair. When North African Muslims clash with North African Jews, they are transferring the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to European soil. It is also a continuation of the feud between Arabs and Jews that started in Algeria when the Jews supported the French regime and Muslims considered them collaborators of the hated colonialists.

Then why did most Europeans state in a recent poll that Israel endangers world peace more than any other country?

That has a simple explanation: Europeans see on television every day what our soldiers are doing in the occupied Palestinian territories. This confrontation is covered more than any other conflict on earth (with the possible exception of Iraq, for the time being), because Israel is more "interesting", considering the long history of the Jews in Europe and because Israel is closer to the Western media than Muslim or African countries. The Palestinian resistance, which Israelis call "terrorism", seems to many Europeans very much like the French resistance to the German occupation.

What about the anti-Semitic manifestations in the Arab world?

No doubt, typically anti-Semitic indications have crept lately into Arab discourse. Suffice it to mention that the infamous "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" have been published in Arabic. That is a typically European import. The Protocols were invented by the secret police of Czarist Russia.

Whatever inanities may be voiced by certain "experts", there never was any widespread Muslim anti-Semitism, such as existed in Christian Europe. In the course of his fight for power, the prophet Muhammad fought against neighboring Jewish tribes, and therefore there are some negative passages about the Jews in the Kor'an. But they cannot be compared to the anti-Jewish passages in the New Testament story about the crucifixion of Christ that have poisoned the Christian world and caused endless suffering. Muslim Spain was a paradise for the Jews, and there has never been a Jewish Holocaust in the Muslim world. Even pogroms were extremely rare.

Muhammad decreed that the "Peoples of the Book" (Jews and Christians) be treated tolerantly, subject to conditions that were incomparably more liberal than those in contemporary Europe. The Muslims never imposed their religion by force on Jews and Christians, as shown by the fact that almost all the Jews expelled from Catholic Spain settled in the Muslim countries and flourished there. After centuries of Muslim rule, Greeks and Serbs remained thoroughly Christian.

When peace is established between Israel and the Arab world, the poisonous fruits of anti-Semitism will most probably disappear from the Arab world (as will the poisonous fruits of Arab-hating in our society.)

Aren't the utterances of the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Mahathir bin Muhammad, about the Jews controlling the world, anti-Semitic?

Yes and no. They certainly illustrate the difficulty of pinning anti-Semitism down. From a factual point of view, the man was right when he asserted that the Jews have a far bigger influence than their percentage of the world's population alone would warrant. It is true that the Jews have a large influence on the policy of the United States, the only super-power, as well as on the American and international media. One does not need the phony "Protocols" in order to face this fact and analyse its causes. But the sounds make the music, and Mahathir's music does indeed sound anti-Semitic.

So should we ignore anti-Semitism?

Definitely not. Racism is a kind of virus that exists in every nation and in every human being. Jean-Paul Sartre said that we are all racists, the difference being that some of us realize this and fight against it, while others succumb to the evil. In ordinary times, there is a small minority of blatant racists in every country, but in times of crisis their number can multiply rapidly. This is a perpetual danger, and every people must fight against the racists in their midst.

We Israelis are like all other peoples. Each of us can find a small racist within himself, if he searches hard enough. We have in our country fanatical Arab-haters, and the historic confrontation that dominates our lives increases their power and influence. It is our duty to fight them, and leave it to the Europeans and Arabs to deal with their own racists.

Written By: freeridemt on 08/19/06 at 8:54 pm

I just love the peeps who are so stupid and arrogant, It was not Truman's Idea to form a Jewish state he was against it. He had to be persuaded by Churchill and Charles De Gaulle, plus throw in the  half a dozen senators and congressmen. It was the belief at the time give them a home, they will leave our country. And the millions from Europe. Look at the ocean liner when the war in Europe ended,  that thousand of Jewish people died on because no one in Europe would let the ship land for food and supplies. Oh and just for Sh--'s and Giggles be nice give us back America and  go back where you all came from...You people are so hypocritical please how many of you know that in the last three to four years, two more Indian reservations just got running water, contrary to what most of you know. There are still three that do not have it, in this fine country. In one of the cases a nearby town the people in it  White,  Black and Latino voted against it said it would strain there resources. Even through the people on the Reservation would build it them selves. Plus they did not want a pipe line to mess up their nice area. It was voted down by  ratio of 50 to 1. So what does that tell you.
Oh and one more thing it was the Muslims yes them, that started the main slave trade on the east to west ships, they realized they could make gold off the flesh of the black savage. That is quoted in many a text. They have been dealing with the slave trade  long before they
met the crusaders.
OK flamers get out yer throwers..:P:P

Written By: Tia on 08/19/06 at 8:58 pm

I just love the peeps who are so stupid and arrogant
well sure! what's not to love?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/19/06 at 9:09 pm

I just love the peeps who are so stupid and arrogant, It was not Truman's Idea to form a Jewish state he was against it. He had to be persuaded by Churchill and Charles De Gaulle, plus throw in the  half a dozen senators and congressmen. It was the belief at the time give them a home, they will leave our country. And the millions from Europe. Look at the ocean liner when the war in Europe ended,  that thousand of Jewish people died on because no one in Europe would let the ship land for food and supplies. Oh and just for Sh--'s and Giggles be nice give us back America and  go back where you all came from...You people are so hypocritical please how many of you know that in the last three to four years, two more Indian reservations just got running water, contrary to what most of you know. There are still three that do not have it, in this fine country. In one of the cases a nearby town the people in it  White,  Black and Latino voted against it said it would strain there resources. Even through the people on the Reservation would build it them selves. Plus they did not want a pipe line to mess up their nice area. It was voted down by  ratio of 50 to 1. So what does that tell you.
Oh and one more thing it was the Muslims yes them, that started the main slave trade on the east to west ships, they realized they could make gold off the flesh of the black savage. That is quoted in many a text. They have been dealing with the slave trade  long before they
met the crusaders.

"Oh! We thought them Injuns liked drawin' water down the well and bar-B-cuin' some lamb intestines over the campfire!  Speak up next time, Chief, we'll help ya out!"
---Andrew Young

Written By: freeridemt on 08/20/06 at 7:17 am

Hey I just like to rave :P pop a post and watch all the fun. Just like you did here Tia. :)

Written By: Davester on 08/20/06 at 7:52 am

I'd love to, if only I knew what you were talking about...

Written By: freeridemt on 08/20/06 at 8:47 am

I am talking about the wonderful double standard we give. Stop the war. Feed the poor everywere else but here. Hey give the redman a few casinos and that will fix all of their problems. Ever go down to Foxwood or some of the other casinos. Mostly Orientals that work there.

Written By: Tia on 08/20/06 at 8:57 am

I am talking about the wonderful double standard we give. Stop the war. Feed the poor everywere else but here. Hey give the redman a few casinos and that will fix all of their problems. Ever go down to Foxwood or some of the other casinos. Mostly Orientals that work there.

but the people giving the "red man" casinos are the same people who support the wars! hello? jack abramoff?

Written By: Davester on 08/20/06 at 9:20 am

I can only speak for myself, but no double standards here...

"Everywhere is freaks and hairies
  Dykes and fairies, tell me where is sanity
  Tax the rich, feed the poor
  Till there are no rich no more

I'd love to change the world
  But I dont know what to do
  So Ill leave it up to you

Population keeps on breeding
  Nation bleeding, still more feeding economy
  Life is funny, skies are sunny
  Bees make honey, who needs money, monopoly

World pollution, theres no solution
  Institution, electrocution
  Just black and white, rich or poor
  Them and us, stop the war

So Ill leave it up to you..."

I'd Love to Change the World
                                            ~Ten Years After

Sorry.  I can't think of anything more substantial to contribute, right now, as I haven't had my morning coffee yet...

I wish peace to all innocents and enlightenment to all those who feel lost through deed or thought groove ;) on...

Written By: Davester on 08/20/06 at 9:22 am

Mostly Orientals that work there.

Oh, and "Orientals" is s-o-o-o eighteenth century... ;)

Written By: freeridemt on 08/20/06 at 9:50 am

I can only speak for myself, but no double standards here...

"Everywhere is freaks and hairies
   Dyke's and fairies, tell me where is sanity
   Tax the rich, feed the poor
   Till there are no rich no more

But I don't know what to do

Population keeps on breeding
   Nation bleeding, still more feeding economy
   Life is funny, skies are sunny
   Bees make honey, who needs money, monopoly

World pollution, theres no solution
   Institution, electrocution
   Just black and white, rich or poor
   Them and us, stop the war

So Ill leave it up to you..."

~Ten Years After

Sorry.  I can't think of anything more substantial to contribute, right now, as I haven't had my morning coffee yet...

I wish peace to all innocents and enlightenment to all those who feel lost through deed or thought groove ;) on...

Hey now be careful you may offend someone with the Dyke's and Fairy's...Have to be political correct u know.:P

Written By: Tia on 08/20/06 at 9:52 am

Hey now be careful you may offend someone with the Dyke's and Fairy's...Have to be political correct u know.:P
actually, those are plain old-fashioned slurs. nothing PC about avoiding their use, it's just basic civility and a matter of standing upright.

Written By: freeridemt on 08/20/06 at 10:01 am

Oh, and "Orientals" is s-o-o-o eighteenth century... ;)

Oh please! get your slurs right. if I was gonna go 18th century I would use the term coolies please.

Written By: Davester on 08/20/06 at 10:33 am

Bleak nihilism, aside, I always took the passing reference to "dykes and fairies" be a plea for normalcy from a time when people had actually heard of Ten Years After...*shrugs*

Oh please! get your slurs right. if I was gonna go 18th century I would use the term coolies please.

A bit morbid, I suppose...

Are you feeling okay, man..?

Self esteem in a hole..?

Don't mistake death for joy.  The bliss of a martyr is as quiet as the bliss of a victim...

Written By: Tia on 08/20/06 at 10:35 am

Don't mistake death for joy.  The bliss of a martyr is as quiet as the bliss of a victim...
that's my quote of the day! very eloquent.

Written By: freeridemt on 08/20/06 at 11:20 am

I saw Ten Years After live twice. I like the Woodchoppers Ball and Adventures of a young organ.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/20/06 at 4:20 pm

~Ten Years After

I'd love to buy the world a Coke! (a pesticide-free Coke, if possible.)

Written By: Satish on 08/21/06 at 8:11 am

What about the anti-Semitic manifestations in the Arab world?

No doubt, typically anti-Semitic indications have crept lately into Arab discourse. Suffice it to mention that the infamous "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" have been published in Arabic. That is a typically European import. The Protocols were invented by the secret police of Czarist Russia.

I don't know if it's possible for Arabs to be anti-semitic, since by the proper definition of the term, the Arabs are a "semitic" people, too.

Written By: Tia on 08/21/06 at 10:05 am

I don't know if it's possible for Arabs to be anti-semitic, since by the proper definition of the term, the Arabs are a "semitic" people, too.
no! not this word game again! i remember when mushroom said that middle-easterners were technically caucasians and therefore there could be no such thing as anti-arab racism. silly.

Written By: Davester on 08/21/06 at 10:41 am

Anti-Jewish sentiment and Anti-Semitism differ in that the latter was a concept forged and honed out of the exsistence of the former, and utilised to acheive the nationalistic goals of Zionism...

As Theodor Herzl himself once said:
"Anti-semitism must not be confused with the anti-jewish sentiments that have exsisted for centuries..."

It was me who claimed both Jews and Arabs are of the Semitic branch of the Caucasian race groove ;) on...

Written By: Tia on 08/21/06 at 10:50 am

It was me who claimed both Jews and Arabs are of the Semitic branch of the Caucasian race groove ;) on...

i don't doubt the truth of this but using that fact to argue that anti-jewish or anti-arab racism don't exist is cagey at best. and i'm pretty sure you didn't do that...

Written By: Davester on 08/21/06 at 10:55 am

i don't doubt the truth of this but using that fact to argue that anti-jewish or anti-arab racism don't exist is cagey at best. and i'm pretty sure you didn't do that...

Oh, okay...duh...

Wasn't paying paying strict attention...

Yeah, though, I've read the arguements you refer-to (and what seems to be raising it's ugly head, here) and it is, for the most part, horsepucky IMO go ;)...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/21/06 at 12:57 pm

The term is technically incorrect, but when you say "anti-semitic" everybody knows what you mean. 

White Christian conservative America still invites you to hate Arabs and Muslims, even though they have trouble identifying either:

GOP candidate for Third Congressional District, Wisconsin, on Muslim Profiling,

'If he comes in wearing a turban and his name is Mohammed, that's a good start'

--Paul R. Nelson

Take a look at the way this guy describes himself.
http://paulrnelson.com/
Now, just because he's
1. A white middle-aged ex-Marine who uses "Semper Fi" as a closing signature.
2. A "hockey dad."
3. Married to his "high school sweetheart"
4. From western Wisconsin.
5. An "avid sportsman"
6. "Committed to helping make America safer and defending our freedoms."
is NO REASON for you coastal liberals to profile this man as a big bigot who don't know nothing!  Contrary to elitist snobbery, average Joes from middle America know just as much as you do about the world and its people.  Mr. Nelson would never call the cops just because he saw a Hindu or a Sikh at the airport!
:D

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/wolfgang.gif
Thanks for doing all of us white Middle Americans a favor, Paul!

Written By: Satish on 08/21/06 at 1:29 pm

Mr. Nelson would never call the cops just because he saw a Hindu Sikh at the airport!
:D

Actually, there's no such thing as a "Hindu Sikh", since Hinduism and Sikhism are two different religions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism

Yes, I know I'm annoying!  :P

Written By: La Roche on 08/21/06 at 1:45 pm

Actually, there's no such thing as a "Hindu Sikh", since Hinduism and Sikhism are two different religions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism

Yes, I know I'm annoying!  :P

I have a feeling that he may already know that.. hence the sarcastic phrasing.

Written By: Satish on 08/21/06 at 1:54 pm

I have a feeling that he may already know that.. hence the sarcastic phrasing.

Yes, I do believe you're right. Max's sparkling wit went over my head back there.

My apologies!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/21/06 at 2:30 pm

^ Actually, Satish, I just noticed the type-o.  I goofed up with the italics tag and didn't fix what I delated...what I meant was a Hindu or a Sikh, but it came out "Hindu Sikh."  Hinduism and Sikhism do share a common heritage as do Judaism and Christianity (though the comparison is not a directly analgous).

The point is, if Mr. Nelson had said, "If he comes in wearing a keffiyeh and his name is Mohammed, that's a good start," then nobody would've griped, right?
;)

Written By: Tia on 08/21/06 at 2:41 pm

the point is, paul nelson is a dumbass and i heartily concur.

that stuff probably plays pretty good to bigots in the "heartland." they're doubtless all, there's somebody willing to tell it how it is.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/21/06 at 3:01 pm

the point is, paul nelson is a dumbass and i heartily concur.

that stuff probably plays pretty good to bigots in the "heartland." they're doubtless all, there's somebody willing to tell it how it is.

It's like that pop-eyed neo-nazi talk radio host Mike Gallagher said on FOX News last week, "let's have a Muslim-only line."
Uh, just how do you distinguish a Muslim from a non-Muslim, Mike?
See, that's where Mr. Nelson's wisdom comes into play...
Oh, waita mimmit! I know, because they're in the Muslim-only line!

It's sofa king retarded I wouldn't have believed it had I not heard many-a-time before Gallagher's scholarship on the world we live in and life in general!
http://www.newshounds.us/2006/08/15/fox_news_airs_call_for_muslimonly_line.php
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...