» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Joe or No?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/08/06 at 3:46 pm

I'm posting this poll on the day of the primary, but feel free to respond regardless of whether Lieberman wins or loses.

If I could vote in Connecticut, I would definitely vote against Lieberman.  I'm not crazy about Ned Lamont, but I think it's time to rid the party of Republicrats.  Joe blows.  He is a wolf in sheep's clothing.  He played kissyface with Dubya and ,he loves to go the Hannity show to play the "Good Democrat."  He discourages dissent when it comes to the occupation of Iraq, yet he sanctimoniously scolded Bill Clinton for Lewinsky.  He's a backstabber.

It appears Clinton's condemnation of Clinton might have been an inside job.  Gore selected Lieberman as his running mate.  Clinton campaigned for him in this primary.

I can only hope Gore learned his lesson about running to the Right.  If you are a Democrat, you can never run far enough to the Right, unless you're Zell Miller.

In tandem with getting rid of Lieberman, I would like to see a real Democrat defeat Hillary.  She will stab us in the back big time.  The Clintons are long on politics and short on principles, sad to say.  And Lanny Davis can go take a flying leap at the moon too!

I predict Lieberman will win this primary and retain his seat.  He's been trailing Lamont by a narrow margin, but my gut tells me he'll squeak by in the end.

Subject: Re: Joe or No?

Written By: Mushroom on 08/08/06 at 4:39 pm

Yea, the Democrats need a real "Pro Peace" candidate to run in 2008.

To bad George McGovern is not planning on running.

However, my favorite poll was what would happen if Joe ran as an independent?  It showed that if he did that, he would win the election, defeating both whatever Republican won the nomination, and Ned Lamont.  If he does not run as an independent, the Republican's might pick up the seat, because Ned has alienated a large number of Republicans, and also the more Conservative democrats.

Whenever you do not have an incumbent running, it easily becomes a toss-up as to who will win.  It remains to be seen if the more liberal Democrats in Connecticut "tossed the baby out with the bath water" if they fail to nominate Sen. Joe.  Even if I do not agree with him, I always did respect him.  And I used to live in Connecticut.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/08/06 at 5:52 pm

I voted "Joe just blows". Don't know too much about Lamont but I'm sure he HAS to be better than Joe.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/08/06 at 7:18 pm

Did you see that?

Bill O'Reilly opened his show with shrill accusations that "the far left" used "anti-Semitic attacks to defame Joe Lieberman."  His examples?  The Daily Kos blog and the Huffington Post blog.  Only trouble is, he chose two posts from each site's user comments section!  One of them said "Jews only care about Jews," and the other said Liebherman's wife's name "sounds like something you eat at Passover"!  I don't know if the moderators will or won't delete those comments.  The point is, neither owner nor editor nor columnist for either blog made anti-Semitic remarks.  Some jerks who read the blogs got on and posted some dumb stuff.  I wonder if I had gone over to KOS this afternoon and posted "Lieberman's nuttin' but a dirty k*ke bastid trying to sell America out to the one world ZOG! -- downwithisreal" if I too could have been the anti-Semitic far left media!
;D

But seriously, this is the kind of garbage O'Reilly and FOX News do all the time!  O'Reilly didn't lie.  He showed the user names.  He conveniently didn't bother to mention the place and context of the quotes.  What a weasel.  He probably had is 20-year-old Heritage Foundation interns, Jason and Jeremy, scouring all the blogs all day, and that's the worst they could come up with!

Media Matters for America will post O'Reilly's BS before midnight, I'll bet!
http://mediamatters.org/

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/08/06 at 7:25 pm

Yea, the Democrats need a real "Pro Peace" candidate to run in 2008.

To bad George McGovern is not planning on running.

However, my favorite poll was what would happen if Joe ran as an independent?  It showed that if he did that, he would win the election, defeating both whatever Republican won the nomination, and Ned Lamont.  If he does not run as an independent, the Republican's might pick up the seat, because Ned has alienated a large number of Republicans, and also the more Conservative democrats.

Whenever you do not have an incumbent running, it easily becomes a toss-up as to who will win.  It remains to be seen if the more liberal Democrats in Connecticut "tossed the baby out with the bath water" if they fail to nominate Sen. Joe.  Even if I do not agree with him, I always did respect him.  And I used to live in Connecticut.

McGovern, eh?  That's who the right-wing spinmeisters mention when they wanna say "up with war, down with peace"!  The results aren't in, but in a certain respect, I hope Lieberman does win.  You don't know what kind of sabotage Lieberman would conduct if he lost.  As LBJ said about not firing Hoover:
"I'd rather have him inside the tent p*ssing out than outside the tent p*ssing in!"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nono.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/06 at 1:30 am

How does it feel to be an independent, Joe?  Jim Jeffords wants to take you bowling!
;D

Written By: Mushroom on 08/09/06 at 9:21 am

Well, the Neo-Nutzis and Klukkers should be happy, another Jew is out of Washington.

And the Democratic party basically cut the throat of not only the incumbant, but their Vice Presidential Candidate in 2000.  In fact, I find it rather ironic in that if the claims of some people are to be believed, he is the "Rightfull Vice President".  *shakes his head and wanders away*

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/06 at 10:57 am

How does it feel to be an independent, Joe?  Jim Jeffords wants to take you bowling!
;D

Please don't put Jim in the same catagory as Joe. At least Jim has some integrity.  He did A LOT for this country by switching parties (if only for a short time). If he were running again, I would vote for him.

Cat

Written By: Davester on 08/09/06 at 11:00 am

Lieberman is self-destructive.  He gave Bush a hand job because he thought it was politically expedient, now he's backtracked for reasons of political expediency.  The guy is a tool.  No wonder the Dems can't get traction: they don't even know what their core values are. When they should have raised merry hell they turned into effing pansies...

I was listening to Lieberman give his concession speech.  He says he'll run as an independent.  He ought to thank the Democratic party after he's re-elected by switching to Republican.  A-A-GH! groove ;) on...

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/09/06 at 2:16 pm

Well, the Neo-Nutzis and Klukkers should be happy, another Jew is out of Washington.

weird statement to make... especially since all indications from the polls show that he would still win as an independent in a 3 way race.

And the Democratic party basically cut the throat of not only the incumbant, but their Vice Presidential Candidate in 2000.  In fact, I find it rather ironic in that if the claims of some people are to be believed, he is the "Rightfull Vice President".  *shakes his head and wanders away*

It's not a surprise to anyone within the party.  Anyone who has watched him vote on key issues knows he ceased to be a Democrat once he lost his VP bid.  He's never been loyal to the party, yet the party has stuck by him up until he lost last night. He prevented the fillibuster of Alito, and then voted against Alito when he knew it no longer mattered.  He is constantly on talk programs speaking out against Democratic party positions.  Why does he even bother to run as a Democrat?

Joe also never met a lobbiest he didn't like, which means he doesn't even really represent the people elected him.  He constantly votes on bills that benefit large corporate donors over those of the people who voted him in.

This is what primaries are supposed to do.  It's shocking to people when something actually happens in them I guess.  No discusion of Cynthia "psycho" McKinney losing her primary yesterday?  I guess it was a good time to purge some fringe elements from the party. Michigan saw a radical right-winger win his primary over that of a more moderate member.

Written By: Mushroom on 08/09/06 at 2:49 pm

This is what primaries are supposed to do.  It's shocking to people when something actually happens in them I guess.  No discusion of Cynthia "psycho" McKinney losing her primary yesterday?  I guess it was a good time to purge some fringe elements from the party. Michigan saw a radical right-winger win his primary over that of a more moderate member.

Cynthia basically self-destructed her career with that incident with the Security Guard a while back.  Her (and other "activists") trying to turn it into a racial incident was nonsense, and did more harm to her campaign then anything her opponants could ever have done.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/09/06 at 3:07 pm

What really bothers me about Joe Blow is that he was threatening the voters (before yesterday's Primary) that to vote of Lamont would do damage to the Party-when, in fact, HE is the one doing the damage-not the voters.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/06 at 3:14 pm

Am I to infer the Dems did a favor to the Klukkers here?
;D
Anyway, the bigshot racists keep their bigotry behind a pro-Israel mask.  Thus, they're nice to Jews.  See, when Armageddon comes, all the Jews of Israel will get a default conversion to Christianity!  "Yes, Mr. Shapiro, we like you so much, our God will let you into the only real religion when the time comes.  I mean, you can't go to heaven if you're a Jew!  Let's not get carried away now!"
::)
Rep. McKinney, on the other hand, was far game.  She was a black female in a position of power who never had an oil tanker named after her.  Bad news.  She was also asking tough questions about 9/11.  Worse.  She defied a white man with a gun.  Unforgivable.  The way the talk radio Nu Klux Klanners--Neil Boortz, Glenn Beck, Howie Carr, Michael Savage, et al., were excoriating her you'd think she was...you'd think she was...a black female in a position of power who never had an oil tanker named after her.
If only the Israelis were black.  Well, there are the "Black Izraelites," but they spell it with a "Z," they're in Brooklyn, and the claim Jesus, Mohammed, King Arthur, Shakespeare, and Mozart were all black!
:D

Please don't put Jim in the same catagory as Joe. At least Jim has some integrity.  He did A LOT for this country by switching parties (if only for a short time). If he were running again, I would vote for him.

Cat

That was only in jest, I promise!  I totally agree with you on Jeffords!

Lieberman is self-destructive.  He gave Bush a hand job because he thought it was politically expedient, now he's backtracked for reasons of political expediency.  The guy is a tool.  No wonder the Dems can't get traction: they don't even know what their core values are. When they should have raised merry hell they turned into effing pansies...

I was listening to Lieberman give his concession speech.  He says he'll run as an independent.  He ought to thank the Democratic party after he's re-elected by switching to Republican.  A-A-GH! groove ;) on...

Thank you, Davester!  It's time for the Dems to start listening to Howard Dean and quit fretting about what Newt Gingrich and Ann Coulter might say.  If you've got a "D" after your name, they are going to libel, cheat, and sabotage you no matter what!  If Lieberman ever ran for prez as a Dem, they wouldn't be any more fair to him than they were to John Kerry.  Time for the Dems to stop ducking Republican's swings and throw some K-O punches of their own.  Did you ever see a heavyweight coach tell the contender, "OK, Rocky, get in there and start punching yourself in the nose!  It's the only way to beat this guy!"  Of course not.  But that's the advice the DLC gives every candidate! So the Das Boot Veterans for Truth are gonna wage a campaign against Murtha now.  The Dems need grow a pair and and just pulverize those phonies.  Dig up the dirt on them, and absolutely destroy 'em.  Make 'em sorry they were ever even born!

BTW, did you notice how Lieberman's website "went down" on election day?  They tried to blame it on Lamont and Moveon.org.  I'll bet you dollars to doughuts Joe's jerks did it themselves!

If Joe wants to be a three-way spoiler as an independent, the Dems have to gin up a campaign so savage Joe will cry himself to sleep every night!  I admire the pacifists, but even Ghandi would hurl rocks at these azzh0les!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/09/06 at 3:34 pm

As for Lieberman being Gore's veep.  That was disgusting.  If we had a real democracy with instant run-off voting, I would have better expressed my nausea.  Barf bags for ballots!  Like I said, the Lieberman was in on it with the Clinton White House all along.  It was like the antics of Andy Kaufman and Bob Zmuda!
:P

Written By: Mushroom on 08/10/06 at 1:56 pm

And Joe has now declaired that he will run as an independent.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/08/10/Worldandnation/Lieberman_will_seek_S.shtml

In a statement, he said he is "going forward because I'm fed up with all the partisanship in Washington that stops us from getting anything done."  And that "While I consider myself a devoted Democrat, I am even more devoted to my state and my country."

In response, Sen. Clinton said he should do what is best for the Democratic Party.

And who again is responsible for all of this partaisan bickering going on?  In the end, the lesson is "do what we tell you to do, or you are out on your ass".

Written By: Satish on 08/14/06 at 8:24 pm

I admire the pacifists, but even Ghandi would hurl rocks at these azzh0les!

*Gandhi, not "Ghandi". You put the 'h' in the wrong place.

The great man deserves to have his name spelled correctly, don't you think?  :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahatma_Gandhi

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/15/06 at 11:17 am

And who again is responsible for all of this partaisan bickering going on?  In the end, the lesson is "do what we tell you to do, or you are out on your ass".

It's a lesson they've learned from watching the Republicans use it within their own party for years.

The reason political parties exist, is because the members within each party supposedly share a common sense of goals.  If you belong to a party and don't share it's goals, you're just using it for name recoginition.

It's funny to watch the Republicans in action.  They talk about how the Democrats have no unity, and then when they begin to display some, they call it a "purge".

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/15/06 at 3:51 pm

It's a lesson they've learned from watching the Republicans use it within their own party for years.

The reason political parties exist, is because the members within each party supposedly share a common sense of goals.  If you belong to a party and don't share it's goals, you're just using it for name recoginition.

It's funny to watch the Republicans in action.  They talk about how the Democrats have no unity, and then when they begin to display some, they call it a "purge".

Yup.

I guess Lieberman ran outta "Joementum"? ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/15/06 at 4:04 pm

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/uc/20060813/ljd060813.gif

In case you can't see it:

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/uclickcomics/20060813/cx_jd_uc/jd20060813

Cat

Written By: deadrockstar on 08/15/06 at 4:10 pm

If Lieberman doesn't drop out of the race hes gonna make most of the Democrats in this country despise him and kill what little political future he does have left.  Its selfish of Lieberman to continue running; he just wants to retain power.  I just LOVE how he refers to his campaign as "Team Connecticut".  What a cheap and vapid ploy, its something like Bush would use. ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/15/06 at 8:11 pm

[quote author=

Check for new replies or respond here...