» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: John Benet... My prediction

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/30/06 at 6:10 pm

After the John Karr debacle, I am now predicitng that we will see more people start coming forward, claiming to be the real killer of Jon Benet.  Sorta like those Elvis impersonators or people who claim to see Jim Morrisson who is still alive.

And each time one of these bozos comes out of the woodwork, we'll have to endure another 3 weeks of nonstop reruns of JonB dancing in her cowgirl outfit and dancing to "Hey there pistol packin' mama".

Subject: Re: John Benet... My prediction

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/30/06 at 6:26 pm

After the John Karr debacle, I am now predicitng that we will see more people start coming forward, claiming to be the real killer of Jon Benet.  Sorta like those Elvis impersonators or people who claim to see Jim Morrisson who is still alive.

And each time one of these bozos comes out of the woodwork, we'll have to endure another 3 weeks of nonstop reruns of JonB dancing in her cowgirl outfit and dancing to "Hey there pistol packin' mama".

Quit it with the calling her "JonB," I don't want the the dumb controversy confused with a great Calypso song, "Sloop John B"
>:(

Written By: Jessica on 08/30/06 at 9:33 pm

Only if you watch television obsessively...and tune it to the news channels.

I knew there was a reason I didn't get cable when we moved.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/30/06 at 9:46 pm

24-hour cable news channels, including CorpseTV, require fodder for filler.  Hence, non-stories heretofore relegated to the pages of the supermarket tabloids make the headlines week-in-week out.  That's the most benign reason I can think of for the persistence of the Ramsey/Karr pish-tosh!

Written By: Jessica on 08/30/06 at 9:54 pm

24-hour cable news channels, including CorpseTV, require fodder for filler.  Hence, non-stories heretofore relegated to the pages of the supermarket tabloids make the headlines week-in-week out.  That's the most benign reason I can think of for the persistence of the Ramsey/Karr pish-tosh!

That's why I only peruse the Weekly World News while standing in line at the supermarket. Nothing beats reading about how our Marines are dying because zombie vampires are killing them or how Batboy is tracking Osama! :o ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/30/06 at 10:13 pm

our Marines are dying because zombie vampires are killing them

That's a fact, ma'am!
http://www.larouchepub.com/spanish/images/Bush&Cheney&Rumsfeld.jpg
ZOMBIE VAMPIRES!!!

Written By: velvetoneo on 08/31/06 at 2:22 pm

That's a fact, ma'am!
ZOMBIE VAMPIRES!!!

They are UG-ly! The thing is, somebody can be unattractive but not ugly, because they're beautiful or kind inside. What shines through makes them attractive. Like George Eliot. Possibly, the ugliest woman ever to be born...but she had many lovers and a beautiful inner light and manner. They're ugly inside and outside.

JonBenet would be my age. And, if she had lived, she'd probably be some cheerleader whom nobody cared about.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/31/06 at 2:25 pm

That's a fact, ma'am!
ZOMBIE VAMPIRES!!!

Can we ward these evil beings off with garlic?

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/31/06 at 9:31 pm

Can we ward these evil beings off with garlic?

Cat

Vampires yes, zombies, no.  These guys are double-undead, you see!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_pale.gif

They are UG-ly! The thing is, somebody can be unattractive but not ugly, because they're beautiful or kind inside. What shines through makes them attractive. Like George Eliot. Possibly, the ugliest woman ever to be born...but she had many lovers and a beautiful inner light and manner. They're ugly inside and outside.

JonBenet would be my age. And, if she had lived, she'd probably be some cheerleader whom nobody cared about.

Bush is the figurehead (not much of a head, you gotta figure), but Cheney and Rumsfeld are wicked old men who have achieved the goals they formed as wicked young men.    Nixon marched home from Moscow with the new strategy of "detante."  The idea was to make the U.S.S.R. less of a threat to America and to try to wind down the Cold War.  Cheney and Rumsfeld, working in the Nixon White House, were mad as hell?  "A prospect of peace, and end to fear, that's gonna be bad for defense industry and petroleum company profits!"  It took Cheney and Rumsfeld 28 years and a stolen election to start making their dreams come true!  You can bet they were gnashing their teeth at Reagan and Gorebachev!
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/01/06 at 6:17 am

Who knows... Maybe under the tutelage of her mother, "Miss West Virginia 1977" and her aunt "Miss West Virginia 1980", she coulda been the next teen phenom like Christina Aguilera or Lindsay Lohan.  ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/01/06 at 11:29 pm

Who knows... Maybe under the tutelage of her mother, "Miss West Virginia 1977" and her aunt "Miss West Virginia 1980", she coulda been the next teen phenom like Christina Aguilera or Lindsay Lohan.  ???

Meh.  Maybe Miss Colorado 2009.  But isn't the Miss America pageant pretty much dead?
Genetics issue no guarantees.  JBR was a "beauty princess" at age 6, but maybe by age 15, she could have gotten f-f-f-f-a, gulp, I can't-even-say-it!  Too horrible to imagine!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/stop.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...