» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: BUSH WACKED

Written By: tomario on 09/01/06 at 4:49 am

story in todays paper says that channel 4 over here in england has made a tv drama based on what would happen if president bush was assassinated.it's caused a bit of a storm.
i was wondering what our friends in the states thought about it ?
theres a link to the actual article...

8)http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=17661785%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=bush-whacked--fury-as-dubya--assassinated--by-c4-name_page.html  8)

Subject: Re: BUSH WACKED

Written By: Paul on 09/01/06 at 6:15 am

story in todays paper says that channel 4 over here in england has made a tv drama based on what would happen if president bush was assassinated.it's caused a bit of a storm.

Can't say whether it'll cause that much of a storm...who watches Channel 4 these days?  ::)

Written By: tomario on 09/01/06 at 7:20 am

LOL  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/01/06 at 8:43 am

Sounds interesting.  It's kind of like when the South Park guys decided to make "That's My Bush!" after Bush became President.  Too bad they made them stop after the 9/11 thing...and it really wasn't all that funny anyway ;)  But kudos to anyone who dares to make fun of "The Man" :D

The assassination angle is a bit dicey though. 

Written By: Jessica on 09/01/06 at 9:57 am

Sounds interesting.  It's kind of like when the South Park guys decided to make "That's My Bush!" after Bush became President.  Too bad they made them stop after the 9/11 thing...and it really wasn't all that funny anyway ;)  But kudos to anyone who dares to make fun of "The Man" :D

The assassination angle is a bit dicey though. 

"That's My Bush!" not funny? I laughed my fool head off, probably because the dude who portrayed him did a damned good job.

Written By: deadrockstar on 09/01/06 at 10:44 am

"That's My Bush!" not funny? I laughed my fool head off, probably because the dude who portrayed him did a damned good job.

That would be Timothy Bottoms, who interestingly enough portrayed also portrayed Bush in a serious film about 9/11, which was aired on HBO I think.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/01/06 at 11:40 am

I think they tried too hard to make it like "Married With Children" which is probably why I didn't warm up to the show.

Written By: Jessica on 09/01/06 at 12:21 pm

[quote author=Keyser S

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/01/06 at 11:23 pm

I think you've got the constitutional right to portray the assassination of the current president in a movie.  It is unconstitutional to explicitly advocate the assassination of the president.

Fortunately, the Bushies won't have to hash it out in court.  They can just declare the film makers "terrorists" and "enemy combatants" and imprison them for as long as they like!

Italian cinema didn't produce movies depecting the assassination of Mussolini.  It was a touchy subject for Ben, after all, look at what finally did happen to him and his missus!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/bom.gif

Written By: witchain on 09/02/06 at 3:19 am

I think you've got the constitutional right to portray the assassination of the current president in a movie. 

I'd watch it!  8)

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/07/06 at 11:44 am

Assasinate Bush?  My god, then Cheney would be presid...Oh wait, he already is!

Written By: Jessica on 09/07/06 at 12:20 pm

Assasinate Bush?  My god, then Cheney would be presid...Oh wait, he already is!

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...