» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Boycott ABC's "Path to 9/11"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/06/06 at 8:20 pm

The Bush-buddy media is doing its part to rewrite history.  When all else fails, blame it on Bill!  I suppose you could watch it as a study in corporate propaganda...or as one of those perverse black comedies...but I wouldn't bother rewarding ABC with ratings.  "Path to 9/11" sounds like the same hogwash they've been trying to pass off as truth for the past five years.  Now they've decided to make a "docu-drama" out of it.  It's really quite a bore.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/sleep.gif

http://mediamatters.org/

Subject: Re: Boycott ABC's "Path to 9/11"

Written By: Tia on 09/06/06 at 9:33 pm

meh, everybody's heard that stuff. they know that clinton, whatever his faults, at least ran the joint so the bottom didn't fall out of it. i love how the republican line is always, oh, well, clinton spent 8 years screwing stuff up but it didn't manifest until bush got into office! so i guess katrina and iraq were clinton's fault too? the bushies have shown a consistent record of ineptitude, i don't see why 9/11 should uniquely be somebody else's fault.

believe what you want. if you buy these pro-bush screwup mommas boys when they say they'll protect you, they'll just keep getting more of us killed. i'm real bitter at the moment, i think the country's getting what it deserves for ever listening to bozos like bush in the first place.

anyway, watch this instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0voURRN1zS4

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/06/06 at 9:43 pm

meh, everybody's heard that stuff. they know that clinton, whatever his faults, at least ran the joint so the bottom didn't fall out of it. i love how the republican line is always, oh, well, clinton spent 8 years screwing stuff up but it didn't manifest until bush got into office! so i guess katrina and iraq were clinton's fault too? the bushies have shown a consistent record of ineptitude, i don't see why 9/11 should uniquely be somebody else's fault.

believe what you want. if you buy these pro-bush screwup mommas boys when they say they'll protect you, they'll just keep getting more of us killed. i'm real bitter at the moment, i think the country's getting what it deserves for ever listening to bozos like bush in the first place.

What do you say to a guy who poisoned you?
"Please, sir, my I have some more poison?"
That's what you'll say if you vote Republican this time around!

anyway, watch this instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0voURRN1zS4

Thanx, I will.

Written By: Tia on 09/06/06 at 9:48 pm

i've never heard of this guy and he seems quite wonderful, i remember thinking, oh, i bet mr. maxwell's heard of him though.

the beard's rather odd...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/06/06 at 10:19 pm

i've never heard of this guy and he seems quite wonderful, i remember thinking, oh, i bet mr. maxwell's heard of him though.

the beard's rather odd...

Schoenmann, the guy with the Abe Lincoln beard, I've seen him around.  I don't know much about him.  Per that video, I'd say we're pretty much on the same page.  Certain people around here get upset, contemptuous, and dismissive when I use the word "fascist" to describe the people in power.  But "fascist" is the right word.  What am I supposed to do, use the wrong word when I know the right one?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dontknow.gif

Written By: Tia on 09/06/06 at 10:26 pm

Schoenmann, the guy with the Abe Lincoln beard, I've seen him around.  I don't know much about him.  Per that video, I'd say we're pretty much on the same page.  Certain people around here get upset, contemptuous, and dismissive when I use the word "fascist" to describe the people in power.  But "fascist" is the right word.  What am I supposed to do, use the wrong word when I know the right one?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dontknow.gif
i love his move about associating criminal acts involving local power -- city governments, neighborhood mafias, etc. -- as "conspiracy," as in that's the way it gets prosecuted in a court of law... but in terms of national government, where that accountability is no longer operative, suddenly conspiracy is no longer operative, their approach to the wielding of power is suddenly prima facie benevolent. it's something people believe because they WANT to believe it, they don't want to think they're out there without a net. but in fact if power tempts people into conspiracy on the local level, wouldn't they have that much more incentive to do it on the national level, since there's that much more at stake and that much less accountability?

i guess the only reason i push back on fascism is it's more like brave new world than 1984. the folks pulling these stunts count on people to turn a blind eye and so far it's working splendidly. thus, no need for fascism per se. it's LIKE fascism, but really it's much more like wholesale bribery, bread and circuses in return for looking the other way....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/06/06 at 11:09 pm

i love his move about associating criminal acts involving local power -- city governments, neighborhood mafias, etc. -- as "conspiracy," as in that's the way it gets prosecuted in a court of law... but in terms of national government, where that accountability is no longer operative, suddenly conspiracy is no longer operative, their approach to the wielding of power is suddenly prima facie benevolent. it's something people believe because they WANT to believe it, they don't want to think they're out there without a net. but in fact if power tempts people into conspiracy on the local level, wouldn't they have that much more incentive to do it on the national level, since there's that much more at stake and that much less accountability?

i guess the only reason i push back on fascism is it's more like brave new world than 1984. the folks pulling these stunts count on people to turn a blind eye and so far it's working splendidly. thus, no need for fascism per se. it's LIKE fascism, but really it's much more like wholesale bribery, bread and circuses in return for looking the other way....

I see a blend of both dystopias.  The problem is, the powers that be did not develop the genetic programming system in time.  They haven't programmed the anger out of the epsilons! 
I've said before, the Dems can't save us in the long run.  They are owned by the same power structure.  You want to get rid of the "power structure"?  Well, you can't vote those men out, you have to...
:-X
Anyway, the veneer of decency and rectitude Nixon and Reagan managed to lacquer onto the corporate--security state tyranny of swine is peeling away awfully fast.  See, Nixon and Reagan were crooked politicians...but they were still politicians.  Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld are just crooks, and that's evident to all who have the guts to face the facts.  A lot rides on what happens in two months.  If fascist-occupied GOP doesn't like what happens on or following election day, they might apply just plain old force.  Whatever happened to the "manufactured consent"?  It got outsourced to China!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manufacturing_Consent

(Nixon, Reagan--decency?  Well, compared to these guys...)

Written By: Davester on 09/07/06 at 2:24 am

I hate drama-documentary programs.  It is dumming down the science just so soap addicts will watch 100% of it and understand 20% of it...

Documentaries?  Yes please.  Forget the couch potato crowd...

It's pretty bad when history actually gets re-written as opposed to political views just putting a slant on events.  The public has such a short term memory they forget what actually happened...

Mind you, I almost forget what it was like when the US was running a foreign policy that at least made some kind of sense...

They should, at least, screen Fahrenheit 911  after it groove ;) on...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/07/06 at 7:36 pm

I hate drama-documentary programs.  It is dumming down the science just so soap addicts will watch 100% of it and understand 20% of it...

Documentaries?  Yes please.  Forget the couch potato crowd...

It's pretty bad when history actually gets re-written as opposed to political views just putting a slant on events.  The public has such a short term memory they forget what actually happened...

Mind you, I almost forget what it was like when the US was running a foreign policy that at least made some kind of sense...

They should, at least, screen Fahrenheit 911  after it groove ;) on...

Path to 9/11 writer Cyrus Nowrasthe on Michael Moore:
"To quote Team America, he

Written By: woops on 09/07/06 at 9:52 pm

The cast of "High School Musical" are doing a dramatization of Flight 93, which is a mockery.  >:( :P

Which is part of the documentry.

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/Content?oid=57142&category=22122

Written By: freeridemt on 09/07/06 at 10:36 pm

HeHeHe the reason for all this fuss is the repugs in most of the country are falling in the polls for many of local elections.. They are doing everything they can to bolster their side before the elections in Nov. Oh this makes my heart bleed so much for the repugs.  ;D ;D ;D
I know that polls don't mean a lot. But CBS,NBC and CNN all have polls going on that shows the repugs losing ground. Only FOX shows the repugs in a better light. But we all know how this can change in a heartbeat.  ABC has not been kind on the Repugs but with all this hoopla surrounding this show,  we will have to see how this plays out.
Here I am  hoping that the repugs lose many many of their places in the up coming elections.  :) :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/08/06 at 12:30 am

HeHeHe the reason for all this fuss is the repugs in most of the country are falling in the polls for many of local elections.. They are doing everything they can to bolster their side before the elections in Nov. Oh this makes my heart bleed so much for the repugs.  ;D ;D ;D
I know that polls don't mean a lot. But CBS,NBC and CNN all have polls going on that shows the repugs losing ground. Only FOX shows the repugs in a better light. But we all know how this can change in a heartbeat.  ABC has not been kind on the Repugs but with all this hoopla surrounding this show,  we will have to see how this plays out.
Here I am  hoping that the repugs lose many many of their places in the up coming elections.  :) :)

Don't worry, Diebold is gonna take care of all that!

Written By: freeridemt on 09/08/06 at 4:39 am

Don't worry, Diebold is gonna take care of all that!

Hey I can hope can't I? ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/08/06 at 10:11 am

Hey I can hope can't I? ;)

Praise God and pass the ammo!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/08/06 at 11:30 am

Re-writing history is right - check out this column in today's Salt Lake Tribune:

http://www.sltrib.com/rolly/ci_4304743

Written By: Tia on 09/08/06 at 11:39 am

yeah. they shoulda been more vociferous about trying to blame bill clinton back when they were on top. now so many people think the republicans in office are liars anyway i doubt this one little show is going to make much of a difference.

plus it's a "docudrama" -- that is, a made-for-t.v. movie -- which are always pretty hard to take seriously. the obvious point to be made is that clinton was spending so much time defending himself from the impeachment frenzy of COURSE he didn't have time to defend america, and when he tried he was accused of wagging the dog. then again i submit he did a much better job than bush has been doing.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/08/06 at 1:58 pm

Re-writing history is right - check out this column in today's Salt Lake Tribune:

http://www.sltrib.com/rolly/ci_4304743

Oh, the Salt Lake Tribune, that commie-pinko rag!  Figures they'd say that!
:D

Of course they can't give that broad those steaks.  She isn't doing her wifely duties.  How dare she shirk her duties to serve a man in holy matrimony and breed for the next generation of Conservative Republicans!

See, we liberals are going to go extinct.  If we have any children at all it's usually just one or two, and a lot of us are gay.  A lot of straight liberals, like me, we're not even interested in getting married and having children!  Oh, and we murder most of our kids right in the womb, anyway!

The "breeding" issue is one of the Right's recent "talking points."  Just another way in which they are starting to resemble the nazis!
:o

Written By: Tia on 09/10/06 at 12:48 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3080261/

there's a hot one...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/10/06 at 3:01 pm

Of course the government was involved, silly-billy!  We're talking about the Bush crime family here.  These guys make the Gambinos look like Franciscan friars!
::)

Even William Bennett, Reagan's former secretary of education and the former drug czar, condemned "Path to 9/11."  The problem with that is I hold Bennett in so much contempt that his censure of the film becomes a credit!
;D

Check for new replies or respond here...