» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The Onion does it again.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/07/06 at 12:27 am

Five years ago, The Onion came within a hair's breadth of a Pulitzer for its post-9/11 coverage:

http://www.theonion.com/content/index/3734

("God Angrily Clarifies 'Don't Kill' Rule" is my personal favorite, with "Hijackers Surprised To Find Selves In Hell" as a close second, but the whole issue is some of their best writing ever)

On the fifth anniversary, I'd say they're up for another shot at it with this little gem:

"NYC Unveils 9/11 Memorial Hole"
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/52325

The Onion: Because the truth won't make you laugh if it can't also make you cry.

Subject: Re: The Onion does it again.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 09/07/06 at 12:35 am

The Onion is f*cking hilarious.  I have all the books and stuff that they put out. 

Written By: Davester on 09/07/06 at 2:11 am

Ah yes, "Hijackers Surprised To Find Selves In Hell" is a classic..!  My sides hurt to this day from reading that article...

The folks and contributors of The Onion  really are insane..!  Comic genius..!

groove ;) on...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/07/06 at 9:30 am

My personal favorites (not 9/11 related) are:

"God Finally Gives Shout-out Back to All His Niggaz"

and

"Christ Returns to NBA"

:D

Written By: KKay on 09/07/06 at 12:35 pm

"NYC Unveils 9/11 Memorial Hole"

hysterical...the best is the caption under the image...
"Onlookers tolerate the unveiling ceremony at Ground Zero."

Check for new replies or respond here...