» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: John Kerry smiled at me!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/08/06 at 7:06 pm

Sen. Kerry spoke at Campus Center today.  I didn't even know he was going to be there.  It was free, but I couldn't get in.  There was a throng outside the auditorium, hippies waving placards--"No War This," "No War That," and then there was some joker from the Republican Club handing out flyers for the other Kerry--Kerry Healey, Mitt's bimbo lieutenant governor--and there were cops.  No sense in hanging out with all that lot so I went about my business.  Afterward, I saw Kerry's security detail walk around the corner and up the corridor.  Kerry himself walks by.  Kerry went in and used the restroom across the hall.  I could hear him flush the toilet and use the towel dispenser!  So then he walks out, looks straight through the office window, we lock eyes, I nod and smile, and he nods and smiles back!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/heartline.gif

OK, well, I guess it's not much of a story, eh?  I didn't even get to hear his speech.  But I did get to hear the man who by rights should be the President of the United States...go in and use a public lavoratory!
;)

Subject: Re: John Kerry smiled at me!

Written By: Tia on 09/08/06 at 7:15 pm

john kerry: godless urinator.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/08/06 at 7:21 pm

john kerry: godless urinator.

But he's got such charisma...even on the way outta da crapper!
;D

Written By: velvetoneo on 09/08/06 at 7:27 pm

At the Sideshow Museum in Baltimore, there was a 19th century display case that at one time claimed to contain Abraham Lincoln's last turd. You should have taken the opportunity with Kerry by rushing in right after him and scraping the bowl, and selling the particles on eBay.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/08/06 at 7:30 pm

At the Sideshow Museum in Baltimore, there was a 19th century display case that at one time claimed to contain Abraham Lincoln's last turd. You should have taken the opportunity with Kerry by rushing in right after him and scraping the bowl, and selling the particles on eBay.

I dunno that HUGE security dude didn't look like he'd appreciate anyone movin' too quick!

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/08/06 at 7:36 pm

...then there was some joker from the Republican Club handing out flyers for the other Kerry--Kerry Healey, Mitt's bimbo lieutenant governor...

Ever notice she doesn't list her party affiliation on her TV ads? gee... I wonder if Republican has become a bad label to be associated with

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/08/06 at 8:08 pm

Ever notice she doesn't list her party affiliation on her TV ads? gee... I wonder if Republican has become a bad label to be associated with

If it was just Healey, I'd say, "Yeah, but it is Massachusetts," but this appears to be a nationwide phenomenon with candidates eschewing the affiliation even in staunch red areas! 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/09/06 at 11:35 am

At least John Kerry washed his hands afterwards.

Cat

Written By: freeridemt on 09/09/06 at 1:06 pm

Hey Max sorry but Gore Not Kerry, it the rightfull pres.. :P :P

Written By: nally on 09/09/06 at 1:10 pm

Sen. Kerry spoke at Campus Center today.  I didn't even know he was going to be there.  It was free, but I couldn't get in.  There was a throng outside the auditorium, hippies waving placards--"No War This," "No War That," and then there was some joker from the Republican Club handing out flyers for the other Kerry--Kerry Healey, Mitt's bimbo lieutenant governor--and there were cops.  No sense in hanging out with all that lot so I went about my business.  Afterward, I saw Kerry's security detail walk around the corner and up the corridor.  Kerry himself walks by.  Kerry went in and used the restroom across the hall.  I could hear him flush the toilet and use the towel dispenser!  So then he walks out, looks straight through the office window, we lock eyes, I nod and smile, and he nods and smiles back!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/heartline.gif

OK, well, I guess it's not much of a story, eh?  I didn't even get to hear his speech.  But I did get to hear the man who by rights should be the President of the United States...go in and use a public lavoratory!
;)

Wow...that was a very entertaining story there, Max! :D Where was this? You said Campus Center...so I assume it's at some college or university?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/09/06 at 1:30 pm

Wow...that was a very entertaining story there, Max! :D Where was this? You said Campus Center...so I assume it's at some college or university?

Yes, UMass, Amherst.  I'm an alum who settled in the area.  I still produce & host a program for the radio station there, so I go in a couple of times a week to check my mail and tinker around with things.  Kerry was speaking in the auditorium on the other side of the building.  I think he was over near our office because we're adjacent to the campus newspaper.  He was trying to rally students to vote, so he probably wanted his message made clear in next Monday's edition!

Hey Max sorry but Gore Not Kerry, it the rightfull pres.. :P :P

I'll clarify, the rightful president if the Repugs hadn't stolen the election all over again in 2004!
::)

Written By: nally on 09/09/06 at 1:38 pm

Yes, UMass, Amherst.  I'm an alum who settled in the area.  I still produce & host a program for the radio station there, so I go in a couple of times a week to check my mail and tinker around with things.  Kerry was speaking in the auditorium on the other side of the building.  I think he was over near our office because we're adjacent to the campus newspaper.  He was trying to rally students to vote, so he probably wanted his message made clear in next Monday's edition!
I'll clarify, the rightful president if the Repugs hadn't stolen the election all over again in 2004!
::)

That's good. And I ditto your statement about "rightful president." :D O0

I got close to Bill Clinton once, when he was President. On April 9, 1995, he showed up at a special Palm Sunday service at what was then the St. Viviana Cathedral in downtown Los Angeles. (That building was later dismantled because it had suffered major earthquake damage in 1994. The new cathedral opened in 2002.) Anyhoo, my dad had to be there to cover the event (and I was with him); he was a staff writer for The Tidings, the archdiocesan Catholic paper for the Los Angeles archdiocese (and now he's the editor). So the President was seated in the front row, along with his family and the Secret Service. After I received comunion, I had to pass by him...so I got to see the then-President of the U.S. in person! (I'm pretty sure I can talk about all that here, since this is the forum to discuss politics AND religion.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/09/06 at 2:39 pm

That's good. And I ditto your statement about "rightful president." :D O0

I got close to Bill Clinton once, when he was President. On April 9, 1995, he showed up at a special Palm Sunday service at what was then the St. Viviana Cathedral in downtown Los Angeles. (That building was later dismantled because it had suffered major earthquake damage in 1994. The new cathedral opened in 2002.) Anyhoo, my dad had to be there to cover the event (and I was with him); he was a staff writer for The Tidings, the archdiocesan Catholic paper for the Los Angeles archdiocese (and now he's the editor). So the President was seated in the front row, along with his family and the Secret Service. After I received comunion, I had to pass by him...so I got to see the then-President of the U.S. in person! (I'm pretty sure I can talk about all that here, since this is the forum to discuss politics AND religion.)

I wanted to go up to Kerry and quote from "Being There" w/ Peter Sellers as Chance the Gardener--to the president:
"You're much smaller on television."

They didn't have that quote on IMDb, but they did have this one from Louise the maid (Ruth Attaway), which I think applies to Dubya:
(seeing Chance, now a presidential advsor on TV)
"It's for sure a white man's world in America. Look here: I raised that boy since he was the size of a piss-ant. And I'll say right now, he never learned to read and write. No, sir. Had no brains at all. Was stuffed with rice pudding between th' ears. Shortchanged by the Lord, and dumb as a jackass. Look at him now! Yes, sir, all you've gotta be is white in America, to get whatever you want. Gobbledy-gook!"
;D

Check for new replies or respond here...