» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bush Press Conference

Written By: danootaandme on 10/11/06 at 10:50 am

Well anyone who is watching this right now and is listening to the painfully bumbling idiocy, and still wants to defend him, should just be put away.

Subject: Re: Bush Press Conference

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/11/06 at 11:10 am

I missed it.  I'm sure I'll see the hi-lites!
::)

I think the Repugs are getting nervous because they're so unpopular it may be even too hard for them to cheat their way back into office. They're aiming for a scare-the-sheep tactic setting up the U.S.S. Eisenhower for a conflageration.  If that doesn't work, they might just declare martial law.  However, they're so unpopular with the military (and I don't mean the nutty old colonels on FOX News), the military might not comply.  We could possibly see a military coup if things get bad enough!

Written By: danootaandme on 10/11/06 at 11:32 am

It was absolutely painful for all involved.  To see him trying to figure out what to say, and having the word diplomacy come out of his mouth. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/11/06 at 11:49 am

It was absolutely painful for all involved.  To see him trying to figure out what to say, and having the word diplomacy come out of his mouth. 

You know all those questions are pre-screened and the press corps is stuffed with syncophants.  FOX News likes to say the press corps is hostile to Bush.  Yeah, it looks like they are attacking him because he appears so unnerved.  The problem is Bush doesn't read or think, so it is consequently impossible for him to speak coherently on the issues.  Fine for Joe Sixpack, not for the effing President of the United States!  Helen Thomas isn't a syncophant, and you saw how quickly she got pushed to the back.  Even when the press asks Bush the most marshmallow questions, the guy still can't talk.  Couldn't talk his way out of a wet paper bag.

Can you imagine if they let the editorial staff from the Nation magazine into the Rose Garden to ask Bush impromptu questions.  The guy would go bananas and order his henchmen to open fire!
::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/11/06 at 12:16 pm

I can't watch any of his press conference. I can't see/listen to the guy without getting sick.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/11/06 at 6:08 pm

I can't watch any of his press conference. I can't see/listen to the guy without getting sick.

Cat

I keep hoping I'll wake up from my nightmare in which the Supreme Court installed a sadistic fool as our President!
:o

Written By: Davester on 10/11/06 at 8:46 pm

I swear, if I hear him mispronounce that "N" word one more time...

>:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/12/06 at 1:57 am

Tonight Lewis Black pointed out something I've also noticed about Bush.  When he tries to talk, his words and his facial expression don't match.  There's something really screwy about this guy.  Today he made Dan Quayle look like freekin' Abraham Lincoln!  Watching Bush try to orate is like watching a stone gargoyle try to swim the breaststroke!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sad1.gif

Written By: witchain on 10/12/06 at 3:33 am

I watched it for a few minutes, but had to turn it off.
I was eating...

Check for new replies or respond here...