» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: One man stands before GW Bush and confronts him. Bush is a monkey as usual.

Written By: Abix on 11/02/06 at 10:05 am

I saw this clip on You tube and I wish I had the entire speech. The man very seriously confronts G W Bush , and Bush with his 'laugh track ' in the background, postures and jokes and generally acts like the stand up comedian that he is! The man had valid questions and concerns and Bush rather lightheartedly jokes "I'm not your favorite guy ok".  If THIS is representative of our leadership, then I too am ashamed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0mkXLwZbI4

Subject: Re: One man stands before GW Bush and confronts him. Bush is a monkey as usual.

Written By: spaceace on 11/02/06 at 10:26 am

Yes, we all know Bush is a dork.  This is only one more example.  We've got two more years of this crap. :P

Subject: Re: One man stands before GW Bush and confronts him. Bush is a monkey as usual.

Written By: Abix on 11/02/06 at 1:37 pm

Yes, we all know Bush is a dork.  This is only one more example.  We've got two more years of this crap. :P

It's embarrassing that our elected leader of this nation approaches issues with non chalance, jokes and stand-up comic posturing. His body language, his mannerisms, his speech intonations, all loudly speak of his lack of concern with what society thinks of him. I would strongly suggest to his 'publicist' (as he should have one , because all good comedians in show biz do..)  that they rethink his format. People just aren't taking him seriously at all.

Written By: spaceace on 11/02/06 at 4:47 pm

Every time I see G.W. I keep saying this is why we have a thing called Birth Control.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/02/06 at 4:47 pm

I don't call it "leadership."  I call it shredding the United States Constitution whilst boosting corporate profits for your billionaire buddies.  "Misleading" maybe.  If he's "leading," we're lemmings!

You wanna know where that guy with the Mister Rogers attire is today?  Prolly hanging from his bells in Gitmo!

I can't find the clip, but Bush was saying how he believed New Orleans would recover from Katrina.  He referred to N.O. as "the city I used to come from Houston, Texas, to visit and enjoy myself...sometimes a little too much!  Snort! Guffaw!"
What a bonehead!
::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/02/06 at 4:53 pm

Every time I see G.W. I keep saying this is why we have a thing called Birth Control.

"If you aborted every rich Republican baby, your white collar crime rate would go down.  It would be an  impossible, ridiculous and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your white collar crime crime rate would go down!"

--ttenneB milliaW

:D

Written By: spaceace on 11/02/06 at 4:56 pm

Only in a perfect world Max. :)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/02/06 at 5:44 pm

And a very good argument for euthanasia

Written By: spaceace on 11/02/06 at 6:19 pm

How true! :)

Written By: Red Ant on 11/03/06 at 1:37 am

What did Bush say exactly in his first reply? My hearing is a bit off, but I heard "I not your , go ahead."

In the slighty censored immortal words of George Carlin: "You ever notice that people who are against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna **** in the first place?"

If he's "leading," we're lemmings!

It has been proven that lemmings do not commit mass suicide by running off cliff edges. A Jim Jones reference would be more accurate.  ;D

Written By: annonymouse on 11/04/06 at 9:49 pm

i'm really sorry about what i'm about to say, but bush gave him a very educated answer. there i said it. make my death quick!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/04/06 at 11:40 pm

What did Bush say exactly in his first reply? My hearing is a bit off, but I heard "I not your , go ahead."

In the slighty censored immortal words of George Carlin: "You ever notice that people who are against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna **** in the first place?"

It has been proven that lemmings do not commit mass suicide by running off cliff edges. A Jim Jones reference would be more accurate.  ;D

Other animals do not commit suicide.  That is reserved solely for humans.
Jim Jones, absolutely.  It is darkly ironic the way Bill O'Reilly et al. use the Kool-Aid analogy (as in, "Yeah, you just keep drinking that liberal Kool-Aid!")  The Reverend Jim Jones was as illiberal as you can get.  He resembles the icons we now see on the religious right.  He gave the commands.  His flock followed.  Jones singled out dissenters for ridicule and ouster.  That's how not only the Christian Right operates, but all authoritarian hierarchies, religious and secular.

The reason liberals are now so intolerant of, say, anti-abortion sympathizers in their midst is because the authoritarians running our society have made liberals so nervous.  Liber-al, Liber-ty.  Our liberties are in severe jeopardy, not just the kind of "liberties" the hippies favor, but also the kind of liberties the John Birch Society favors.

If we get struck with another "9/11," and the current government is in charge, they will clamp down with martial law.  If you think for an instant, all ye champions of the Second Amendment, that they'll let you keep your gun, as Judas Priest put it, "you got another thing coming"!
::)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/05/06 at 10:27 am

I'm proud that the guy stood up and confronted him. Bush as always is an ass, and those that join him blindly are righteous in their assitude as well.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/06 at 3:20 pm

I'm proud that the guy stood up and confronted him. Bush as always is an ass, and those that join him blindly are righteous in their assitude as well.

If the people screeners had done their jobs right, that guy would never have gotten in.  As you know, since 2004, only the brainwashed kool-aid drinkers like Dubya anymore.  He can only speak to pre-screened crowds. 

Check for new replies or respond here...