» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: north korea agrees to dismantle bombs

Written By: annonymouse on 11/02/06 at 5:36 pm

i'd say they're lying. they're pulling a vietnam on us. in vietnam, u.s. and north vietnam were discussing a piece agreement, but at the same time, we were secretly bombing them behind their backs. it's a trick i tell you! a trick!

Subject: Re: north korea agrees to dismantle bombs

Written By: McDonald on 11/03/06 at 1:42 pm

He's blackmailing the west. Next time he needs attention or cash, he'll do the same thing all over again.

Written By: Mushroom on 11/03/06 at 2:22 pm

He made the same promise to President Clinton, and look what that resulted in.

They simply can't be trusted.  They consider us to be "barbarians", therefore no agreement they make with us means anything.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/06 at 5:33 pm

He made the same promise to President Clinton, and look what that resulted in.

They simply can't be trusted.  They consider us to be "barbarians", therefore no agreement they make with us means anything.

Meh.  We are barbarians.  So are they.  The weapons of war do not represent mankind's most evolved state!

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

--Albert Einstein

I don't know if NK will dismantle their nukes.  If we had statesmen instead of businessmen running our country, we could make that happen without war.  North Korea is one of the most desperate countries on the planet. 

"There is only one way to get rid of nuclear weapons.  Use them."

--Rush Limbaugh

The U.S. mentality much closer to Rush than to Einstein!
::)

Written By: annonymouse on 11/03/06 at 8:41 pm

they won't dismantle their bombs. but i don't think the'll use them either. i don't think they're dumb enough to wage war on the u.s. if our radars ever show nukes comin towards us from NK, we'll have no choice but to anyalate them. (i know i spelled that wrong) i'd say the only countries dumb enough to nuke us would be located in the middle east. they don't care about theirs or their countries lives, so they'd have no problem.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/04/06 at 3:47 pm

No, they're not gonna nuke any U.S. territory...at least, I'd like to think Kim Jung Il isn't that insane...but you never know.  When millions worship you as God, you start to think you're omnipotent.  If KJI wasn't a complete whackjob he'd be down on his knees begging for famine relief.

Written By: annonymouse on 11/04/06 at 9:39 pm

No, they're not gonna nuke any U.S. territory...at least, I'd like to think Kim Jung Il isn't that insane...but you never know.  When millions worship you as God, you start to think you're omnipotent.  If KJI wasn't a complete whackjob he'd be down on his knees begging for famine relief.

worship him as god? i thought most of his people hated him.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/06 at 12:12 am

worship him as god? i thought most of his people hated him.

I don't doubt some do.  NK is the last Stalinist stronghold.  A lot of Russians despised Stalin, but if they said so, they'd get sent to a Siberian Gulag and near certain death.  After a couple of decades of this kind of psychological terror, those who hated Stalin often feared him too much to admit it.  Fear of this magnitude morphs into a sort of horrible love.  That's what you see under the reign of Kim Jong Il.  It did not start with Jong, it started with big daddy Kim Il Sung.  Kim Il Sung, founder and "eternal" president of the Republic of North Korea.

When people say these communist states were atheist, I reply they were not atheist at all.  They outlawed religion, but the leaders established cults of personality they became surrogate gods.  In the 1920s, Russian schools stopped teaching parables aboout Jesus, and started teaching parables about Lenin.  Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and Kim Il Sung were more than political leaders, they were absolute cultural dictators.  Each man isolated his people.  Each man forbade dissent on pain of death.  For the people, there was no world outside of the propaganda from the leader.  They were God by default, there was nothing else.

Thus, when Kim Il Sung died in 1994, it was to the people of North Korea as though God Himself had died.  But such a thing cannot be!  But it was!  I don't remember who made the recordings of the universal mourning followoing Sung's death.  It was an eerie cooing sound that saturated the entire atmosphere.  Sung's death was paralytic.  His people just did not know what to do. 

Millions of old-tmers in Russia still love Stalin.  You can tell them about Stalin's lies and atrocities all day long to no avail.  That love--that horrible love--is to the core of their consciousness.

Written By: annonymouse on 11/05/06 at 2:10 am

^ creepy..........

so does nk have controll over russia?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/06 at 3:22 pm

^ creepy..........

so does nk have controll over russia?

Uhhh, no.

Written By: annonymouse on 11/06/06 at 7:39 pm

Uhhh, no.

yeah, i didn't think so. but you said that russian schools taught nk leaders in school as gods. i got confused.

Check for new replies or respond here...