» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bush Challenges Democrats "What's Your Plan for getting out of Iraq"

Written By: Abix on 11/03/06 at 1:25 pm

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-11-03T165722Z_01_N02182890_RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-ELECTIONS-BUSH.xml&src=rss

Subject: Re: Bush Challenges Democrats "What's Your Plan for getting out of Iraq"

Written By: Abix on 11/03/06 at 1:28 pm

actually I'm curious to know what are the Dems plans to get out of Iraq?  Bush got us into this mess.. Do the Dems have a plan how to get us out?

Subject: Re: Bush Challenges Democrats "What's Your Plan for getting out of Iraq"

Written By: McDonald on 11/03/06 at 1:39 pm

He is so dumb. He's basically saying

Written By: Tia on 11/03/06 at 1:43 pm

actually I'm curious to know what are the Dems plans to get out of Iraq?  Bush got us into this mess.. Do the Dems have a plan how to get us out?
i think it has to do with greater oversight so you can stem the financial losses from corruption, bribery, etc., rescind the no-bid process, start a genuine bid process for reconstruction contracts in conjunction with a more focused plan to establish security in particular areas by listening to the military commanders -- something bush says he does, but doesn't do -- and bringing in a third party to moderate talks between the three different religious sects there. right now bush is trying to cut the sunnis out and that's never gonna work.

dems definitely have a plan, which is better than this time last year. whether it'll work is another question, it's such a mess over there, but at this point it's basically a choice between the dem plan and bush's stay-the-course-make-it-up-as-we-go thing.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/06 at 1:50 pm

Uh, wait, what was the Republicans' plan for getting us out Iraq?
:D

Written By: Tia on 11/03/06 at 1:58 pm

Uh, wait, what was the Republicans' plan for getting us out Iraq?
:D
i think halliburton and bechtel were supposed to fix everything?

Written By: Abix on 11/10/06 at 7:31 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/11/09/midterms-movement.html?ref=rss

ha.. Bush is 'open to ideas'....

What he's really saying here, is " Hey can you give me a clue? Cuz I don't know how to get us out of this mess"

Written By: spaceace on 11/10/06 at 7:38 pm

I thought Bush was doing the "Bipartisanship" thing?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/10/06 at 7:43 pm

Here's an idea Georgie - why don't you find some of the actual terrorists - you know, like...ummm...Bin Laden?

::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/10/06 at 10:13 pm

i think halliburton and bechtel were supposed to fix everything?

Oh they "fixed" everything alright!

Written By: YWN on 11/11/06 at 12:50 am

The right keeps claiming that Democrats "have no ideas", yet I've seen Kerry on the floor of the Senate giving what appeared to be a comprehensive exit strategy with a specific timetable and incremental withdrawal of troops.  Whereas the Republican strategy is to "achieve victory", as opposed to "cutting and running".  They apparently think the debate is whether or not to win or lose, and that they're representing the "win" side.  ???

Written By: Tia on 11/11/06 at 10:57 am

they seem to have changed a bit though. before they said democrats had NO ideas, now they're saying they don't have a unified idea, everybody's got something different -- which to me seems fine, isn't just coming up with one idea and not listening to alternatives what's gotten us in this mess in the first place?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/11/06 at 12:05 pm

It's time for Bush to stop asking questions and start answering some.  He has much to answer for.  If the Dems continue to regard the current Republican party as a legitimate political party, they will get nowhere.  Be polite, be civil, but be tough.  Until the Republicans demonstrate they will govern on behalf of the people, not their cronies and not the defense contractors, until they eradicate the fascism in their party that started with Nixon and has worsened every decade since, the Democrats must not negotiate with them.  It's for the good of humanity, American polity, and ultimately for the good of the Republican party itself.

George W. Bush invited to the White House Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Michael Medved, Laura Ingraham, and other vile authoritarian propagandists to be his personal media SS.  That was nothing short of Hitlerism.  The GOP must be purged. 

Furthermore Democratic politicians and pundits must boycott appearances on FOX News.  They must demand the other television networks invite politicians and commentators from the progressive side of the party, not just the conservative, big business, pro-war side of the party.  They must NOT let the partisan Republican mainstream media define the issues for them.  They must not be hesitant to address domestic issues in terms of economic class.  The diffident DLC operatives must go.  In their place, the Dems must appoint grassroots spokespeople who will verbally smack-down Katie Couric, Chris Matthews, and Tim Russert when such overpaid partisan Republican media thugs chide them with their insolent right-wing talking points.

The media has established itself as an enemy of progressive, liberal, and democratic (lower case "d") values.  The media is owned by and enslaved to Wall Street.  Television anchors and pundits are especially overpaid and out of touch with the American proletariat.  Democrats who interface with the media must treat them as they would rude, know-it-all teenagers.  They should be patient and gentle, but firm.  If the partisan Republican media demonstrates incivility or insulting behavior, the Democrats must swiftly exert the authority the majority party is pupularly mandated to exercise.  In a phrase, take no lip.

On Capitol Hill, Bush should have no opportunity to sass the the majority party with his talking points.  He must answer questions about all malfeasance of the past seven years.

Check for new replies or respond here...