» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bob Ney steps down

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/03/06 at 6:54 pm

Rep. Bob Ney, facing certain expulsion from the House after being convicted of two felonies in relation to the Jack Abramoff scandal, said on Friday he will resign by the end of the day.

http://www.cqpolitics.com/2006/11/from_cq_today_ney_says_hell_re.html

Waiting until after the convictions to step down.  How much worse was Foley that he resigned before they could even charge him?  Friday bad news from the Republicans again.  Neat how they always manage to miss a full newscycle that way huh?

Subject: Re: Bob Ney steps down

Written By: spaceace on 11/03/06 at 6:57 pm

So how many Congressional seats given up, due to scandal?  I'm trying to decide if Ney would look good in prison gear.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/06 at 7:32 pm

Air America has been flogging this guy for months, but it's hard to say it was unfair because Ney's such a dirtball.  What's with these guys and rehab?  Blame it on the booze.  "A hundred and sixty grand to go play golf in Scotland?  I dunno, I was really drunk at the time!"

Zack Space?  Sounds like a character from Douglas Adams!
;D

Written By: spaceace on 11/03/06 at 7:36 pm

Ah yes, demon alcohol.  Public Service Anouncement . . . If you can't control your alcohol intake don't be in Congress.  We can mess thing up without it!!! ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/06 at 1:03 pm

I find it interesting that he pleaded guilty on the 13th of Oct. but still held his seat in Congress since that time. The House leadership SHOULD have said at that time, "You're outa here". But, once again, they didn't. Just like they were told about Foley how many years ago and did nothing.  ::)

So how many Congressional seats given up, due to scandal?  I'm trying to decide if Ney would look good in prison gear.

I lost count. Let me see, there is Duke Cunningham, Tom Delay, Mark Foley, &  Bob Ney. Did I miss anyone?

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/04/06 at 3:25 pm

It's possible Ney was in denial for three weeks.  It's been a great 12-year run of beating up on the Dems and doing whatever the hell they wanted.  Could be Ney thought he was untouchable.  "OK, but you're gonna bail me out of this, right guys....guys?"
:o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/06 at 4:32 pm

It's possible Ney was in denial for three weeks.  It's been a great 12-year run of beating up on the Dems and doing whatever the hell they wanted.  Could be Ney thought he was untouchable.  "OK, but you're gonna bail me out of this, right guys....guys?"
:o

I'm sure he didn't think that they were going to bail him out so close to Election Day, now would he?

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...