» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bye Bye Santorum...

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/07/06 at 9:21 pm

even if the Dems don't reclaim the House or Senate, having this scumbag out of offce is a step in the right direction.

Subject: Re: Bye Bye Santorum...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/07/06 at 11:26 pm

He was a schm*ck to the bitter end!  He dragged his kids up to the podium with him.  Santorum made a gentlemanly concession and called a round of applause for Casey--while his little girl stood there clutching her doll in tears.

Then Chris Matthews played right into Santorum's ploy, "Did you see his poor little girl crying, it must be so hard to see your daddy rejected like that." 

Oh well, at least we don't have to deal with Rick "man on dog" Santorum anymore!
::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/08/06 at 1:33 am

^what he just said isn't a cuss word, so why censor it?

Written By: nally on 11/08/06 at 1:38 am

Chuck isn't a cuss word, so why censor it?

I think he was trying to type the schm- word, but apparently that's on the autocensor list. (I think maybe you just tried typing it too.) See, on April Fools Day last year, Chucky played with the autocensor list; he changed "the" to "t-e-h", and his name to SmuckyG (I had to misspell it to avoid the autocensor). And apparently after the April Fools joke of '05 was over, those words had to stay on the censor list for some reason. There was a thread about this last year, it's probably buried far far down in the PPP.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/08/06 at 11:07 am

^what he just said isn't a cuss word, so why censor it?

it's not a curse word, but it's considered a defamatory word - c'mon who wants to be known as a dick?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/08/06 at 11:08 am

it's not a curse word, but it's considered a defamatory word - c'mon who wants to be known as the extra piece of penile skin left off from a circumcision? lol

Shm*ck is a defamatory word?  That's news to me.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/08/06 at 11:10 am

Shm*ck is a defamatory word?  That's news to me.

haha yup it is, lol - it's Yiddish for two things - either a flat out dick (which surprisingly doesn't get censored, lol) or the "meat" left off after a circumcision.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/08/06 at 11:14 am

haha yup it is, lol - it's Yiddish for two things - either a flat out dick (which surprisingly doesn't get censored, lol) or the "meat" left off after a circumcision.

LOL.....I guess you learn something new every day around here.

Written By: Trimac20 on 11/08/06 at 11:14 am

I thought 'Chuck' was just a nonsense word...but there you go.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/08/06 at 11:16 am

I thought 'Chuck' was just a nonsense word...but there you go.

Chuck, not Chuck, lol  :D

I just modified this because I just realized that the censor changed it!!! So nevermind!!! I see the trouble, lol.

Written By: nally on 11/08/06 at 12:21 pm

Chuck, not Chuck, lol  :D

I just modified this because I just realized that the censor changed it!!! So nevermind!!! I see the trouble, lol.

Yep, you can't say scmuck here. (Again, I had to intentionally misspell it to avoid the autocensor.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/08/06 at 3:02 pm

Maybe the autosensor of "Scm*ck" ought to be "Santorum"!

Written By: spaceace on 11/08/06 at 3:14 pm

I'm happy to report, I'm not moving to Canada!!!  Can I get a "Hey, Ho, Rick Santorum must go!!! :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/08/06 at 9:44 pm

Maybe the autocensor of "Scm*ck" ought to be "Santorum"!

Personally, I'd revise the autocensor to work the other way around.  For at least three years, Santorum has been by far the more censorworthy term.  It was one of the first search terms I remember being Googlebombed, back before Googlebombing was a popular sport.

Interestingly enough, even with the campaign season in full swing, if you have Google Safe Search turned off, the censorworthy definition is still the first term to come up when one Googles for the former Senator's name (at least, with Google Safe Search turned off, which is the default for the Google web search engine.  And there's no way in he-double-hockey-sticks that I'm gonna test that theory on a Google Image Search, though. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...