» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Democrats projected to take house

Written By: Brian06 on 11/07/06 at 11:27 pm

America has spoken, the one party rubber stamp government is over!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/07/election.main/index.html

Subject: Re: Democrats projected to take house

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/07/06 at 11:51 pm

I gotta go with Yogi Berra on this one:

"It ain't over 'till it's over."

If they do take the House, I hope they go after the crooked Bush Administration without let up.  Pelosi doesn't want Conyers to draw up articles of impeachment.  The level of unconstitutional malfeasance may leave Pelosi with no choice but to let those articles go forward.  This is the most corrupt and incompetent administration in the history of our country.  It was an illigitemate regime from day one. 

As the Dems go about the business of taking charge in the House and going about the investigations, I hope they insist on a far higher standard of professionalism and civility than the majority exerciesed in the Gingrich--Hastert era.

But I must emphasize again,

It ain't over 'till it's over!

Written By: nally on 11/08/06 at 1:24 am

This is good news to me. 8) I've been watching election coverage, so I know all about it. Things have probably changed in the past hour, though.

Written By: Brian06 on 11/08/06 at 1:26 am

The senate is possibly looking good as well, it is really really close though.

Written By: nally on 11/08/06 at 1:32 am

...so I've seen.

I wish the Democrats could win the other major offices in the state of California --- my state --- as well. According to 13% of areas reporting, Schwarzerneggar (yes I know I spelt his name wrong) led Phil Angelides by a strong margin...what I don't understand is how so many people could like the guy, after all he's done for the past three years. Do they want him to keep screwing things up? ::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/08/06 at 1:33 am

Schwarzerneggar

That would be Schwarzenegger.

Anywho....Georgia's Republican again.  Damn.

Written By: nally on 11/08/06 at 1:35 am

Anywho....Georgia's Republican again.  Damn.

I know how to spell his name...I was just being silly. Also, I don't like the guy.

Written By: freeridemt on 11/08/06 at 8:42 am

Down to 2 states to decide the fates.  :o

Written By: Brian06 on 11/08/06 at 8:54 am

1,200 vote difference or so over in Montana, wow.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/08/06 at 9:46 am

I think the Senate will stay in the hands of the Republicans.  According to both Montana and Virginia state law, recounts cannot happen until the final results are certified by that state's Board of Elections (sound familiar?).  The soonest the votes can be certified is the end of this month, so we probably won't find out who won both states until December. 

Now, this is only contingent upon the states asking for a recount.  I can't remember which state had this, but if the difference in the two final votes is less than 1%, a recount is mandatory. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/08/06 at 9:47 am

If more of the Rebulican senators were up for re-election this year, it wouldn't have even been this close.  The Republicans got very lucky that the seats that will be up for re-election in '08 weren't the seats up for re-election last night.

No matter which way it goes, whether the Republicans claim the small majority or the Democrats do, it'll be far different than it was for the last two years of the rubber stamp government the White House has been running. There are also several moderate Republicans who will now have more power, and be able to work with the Democrats.

Written By: Jessica on 11/08/06 at 10:30 am

...so I've seen.

I wish the Democrats could win the other major offices in the state of California --- my state --- as well. According to 13% of areas reporting, Schwarzerneggar (yes I know I spelt his name wrong) led Phil Angelides by a strong margin...what I don't understand is how so many people could like the guy, after all he's done for the past three years. Do they want him to keep screwing things up? ::)

From what I've heard, nobody really liked Angelides. The Governator was the lesser of two evils, I guess.

Written By: Brian06 on 11/08/06 at 10:46 am

Dems still leading in MT and VA, Webb (D) is actually claiming victory already in VA. I don't think they're going to make up 6,000 votes in a recount. 1,200 in such a small state like montana won't probably be made up either. Dems probably barely take the senate.

Written By: Brian06 on 11/08/06 at 12:34 pm

Tester (D) now reported as up by 3,000 in MT with I'm reading only 1 precinct left, the senate is going to go democrat most likely as well.

Edit: AP has now projected that Tester has won Montana.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/08/06 at 12:38 pm

http://clipmarks.com/clipmark/577BBDA6-17C0-4B79-B89B-B4019800F8D8/

it appears Fox News doesn't even want to say the name of the party...

Written By: Brian06 on 11/08/06 at 12:39 pm

http://clipmarks.com/clipmark/577BBDA6-17C0-4B79-B89B-B4019800F8D8/

it appears Fox News doesn't even want to say the name of the party...

haha  ;D. I can't wait to hear O'Reilly and Hannity whine in the coming days.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/08/06 at 1:09 pm

We turned on Fox News for just a few minutes last night. First of all, that guy they had (not too sure who he was) sounded and appeared drunk.  :o  Also, all the other dudes they had on there were very subdued. Not happy campers to say the least.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/08/06 at 1:49 pm

It's pronounced "Schwarzeneggar," but it's spelled C-O-R-R-U-P-T-I-O-N.
:-\\

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/08/06 at 2:34 pm

We turned on Fox News for just a few minutes last night. First of all, that guy they had (not too sure who he was) sounded and appeared drunk.  :o  Also, all the other dudes they had on there were very subdued. Not happy campers to say the least.

Cat

It was Brit Hume. I was wondering when he would just keel over.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/08/06 at 2:50 pm

It was Brit Hume. I was wondering when he would just keel over.

Hume was starting to look like Droopy Dog by 11:00 p.m!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/08/06 at 3:49 pm

hahaha seriously!  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/08/06 at 4:24 pm

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Cat

Written By: Powerslave on 11/09/06 at 9:31 pm

Sounds like the looks I'd like to see on a few Conservative faces over here in a couple of years. Sadly though while I think they'll lose ground, we'll probably be stuck with our Republican-puppet government for another term at least.

Check for new replies or respond here...