» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Give Us This Day...

Written By: danootaandme on 11/08/06 at 5:42 am

The Dems have slapped the bejesus out of the Repubs in the House, and by extension cheney, rove, and that hand puppet they let live in the big house.  I am going to take this one day to all out celebrate. 

Subject: Re: Give Us This Day...

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/08/06 at 11:11 am

Seriously you are not the only one! I believe the real entity in power spoke his/her word!!

Written By: La Roche on 11/08/06 at 11:15 am

I thought it was so funny to wake up this morning and see this.

I'm no Democrat, but I'm glad to see this few years of administrative anarchy bought to an early end.

Of course, I love the fact that all the uber-liberals were going on about how the Republicans would cheat to win.. and look, the Democrats have pulled the full house.  ;D Just accept.. in 2004 he got more votes. We got a lot of dumb voters.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/08/06 at 12:09 pm

Just accept.. in 2004 he got more votes. We got a lot of dumb voters.

I think people don't want to accept that Bush got the most votes in 2004 because they don't want to admit there were that many stupid people in this country.  For them, it's just easier to say that he cheated somehow because that absolves the American populace of the blame for electing his dumb ass in the first place. 

I'll give them 2000.  I don't know if he should have been awarded Florida.  However, he clearly won the electoral vote and the popular vote in 2004.  That's not cheating.  That's stupid voters.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/08/06 at 12:14 pm

I think people don't want to accept that Bush got the most votes in 2004 because they don't want to admit there were that many stupid people in this country.  For them, it's just easier to say that he cheated somehow because that absolves the American populace of the blame for electing his dumb ass in the first place. 

I'll give them 2000.  I don't know if he should have been awarded Florida.  However, he clearly won the electoral vote and the popular vote in 2004.  That's not cheating.  That's stupid voters.

there's still a lot of voter fraud and discrimination going on.  Just because the Republicans couldn't pull off enough of it this time around, doesn't mean it isn't happening.  In a tight race, this stuff matters.  It's just in this case, most of the races weren't tight enough for the effects to be felt.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 11/08/06 at 12:27 pm

There's been a lot of speculation about Diebold being in the pockets of the Republicans, and it's the voting system that we use here in Utah.  I was pleasantly surprised, however, to see that 17 Democrats won seats in our local house and three elections were 50/50.  That wouldn't mean a lot in most states, but here it's a pretty big deal.  It's possible, however, that the Republicans didn't think they'd need to cheat in Utah. 

I just can't say how happy I am that the Democrats now control the U.S. House.  It's heartening to see that people are begining to open their eyes.  My dad, who has always been a staunch Republican, voted straight Democrat this year.  I've never been so proud...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/08/06 at 1:03 pm

I got a couple of bottles of spumonti in the refridge. Anyone want to come over and celebrate with us?

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/08/06 at 2:16 pm

there's still a lot of voter fraud and discrimination going on.  Just because the Republicans couldn't pull off enough of it this time around, doesn't mean it isn't happening.  In a tight race, this stuff matters.  It's just in this case, most of the races weren't tight enough for the effects to be felt.

I wonder how big a blow-out we would have seen without the cheating!
???

That's another thing, just because the Republicans did not hold both houses is no reason to back away from investigation of ballot fraud in the the past four elections, including this one.  Again, it's not about "payback."  It's about doing what's right for the country.  Who knows?  Maybe there was cheating by Dems this time.  I hate to suggest it, but jeopardizing our entire form of government with electoral fraud calls for vigilence on all fronts.  If any Democrat pulled any sort of Ken Blackwell/Katherine Harris skulduggery, he should have to pay the price just the same. 

At this very moment Republican operatives are huddling.  They're saying, "we blew it this time, what are we gonna do to make sure this does not happen in 2008?" I absolutely expect the Republican noise machine to come roaring back as vengeful as ever.  Think second Clinton administration.  The Dems won an electoral victory.  Governing, ideological, and reform victories are going to be an even harder battle with the corporate media fighting against the Dems every step of the way.  If the Dems listen to Hillary Clinton and Wrong Emanual, the Dems may lose their gains from '06 in '08.  If the choice is between bona-fide Republican and Republican-Lite, bona-fide Republican will win every time.  The GOP has given us ample proof that it is incapable of governing in its current state of crony-capitalism and fundamentalist authoritarianism.  This is the party that gave us Ronald Reagan, who blew our national treasure and declared a stealth war on the middle class; this is the party who gave us Newt Gingrich, an amoral fascist in the pocket of the defense industry who has the gall to write books on Christian faith; this is the party who gave us two stolen Presidential elections and the George W. Bush Administration, which took away the Reagan Administration's title for the most corrupt administration in U.S. history.  I don't think Americans understand yet the damage the GOP has done to this country in the past 25 years, which has increased exponentially in the last six.  The Dems have less than two years to change millions of American minds against the great odds imposed by the partisan Republican media and the bottomless wells of money the military/industrial complex and the Wall Street theocrats pump into the right-wing of the Republican party.  It is a daunting task, but one the Dems cannot afford to fail!

I got a couple of bottles of spumonti in the refridge. Anyone want to come over and celebrate with us?

I'm not a Vermonter, but pour a drink for me!  Our man Bernie Sanders (I-VT) won his senate seat.  Bernie didn't put it all on the line just to sit back and twiddle his thumbs!  OK, Republicans, you elected the most right-wing and the most despicable Dem in congress, Joe Lieberman.  Now you have to contend with Bernie!  Poetic justice!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumright.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumleft.gif

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/08/06 at 2:30 pm

Cat

I'm on my way!

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/08/06 at 2:32 pm

That's what I've been saying the whole time. He only mirrors who the American voters are, I mean, were. I'm still thinking who the hell voted for Foley? I mean, how deranged do you have to be to figure this fool out?

Written By: Jessica on 11/08/06 at 2:35 pm

I'm drinking a Heineken (leftover from me making lunch). ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/08/06 at 4:12 pm

I'm not a Vermonter, but pour a drink for me!  Our man Bernie Sanders (I-VT) won his senate seat.  Bernie didn't put it all on the line just to sit back and twiddle his thumbs!  OK, Republicans, you elected the most right-wing and the most despicable Dem in congress, Joe Lieberman.  Now you have to contend with Bernie!  Poetic justice!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumright.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumleft.gif

Yup-Bernie is THE MAN!!! We have met him on several occasions (he even came to our house-but that was before I moved here). He won by a LANDSLIDE 2-1 at least. My sister-in-law called from Puerto Rico today to congratulate us on Bernie's win. He is a good dude (and is STILL helping me with my fight against the V.A.)

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...