» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Ted Haggard is Gay!

Written By: STAR70 on 11/09/06 at 5:49 pm

Hallelujah!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/05/haggard.allegations/index.html

Subject: Re: Ted Haggard is Gay!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/09/06 at 5:55 pm

Uh, you've been away awhile, Star!
http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,23719.0.html

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/09/06 at 7:21 pm

my fault.. I should have put his name in the title... I didn't think he was quite the household name that he appears to be.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/09/06 at 7:33 pm

my fault.. I should have put his name in the title... I didn't think he was quite the household name that he appears to be.

He wasn't last week but this week he is.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/09/06 at 8:20 pm

You have to specify which preacher with strong political ties turns out to be a gay drug addict!
;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/09/06 at 8:40 pm

You have to specify which preacher with strong political ties turns out to be a gay drug addict!
;D

I think I read somewhere that Pat Robertson decided he didn't have enough time to help him pray away the gay after offering to help him originally.  It was priceless to see her reaction when the press reporters began asking him about the gay prostitute.  I hate to gloat, but then again, I have no problems with it when it's a hypocrit.

Written By: Brian06 on 11/09/06 at 10:43 pm

No way.  :o. The Rev. Haggard said homosexuality is immoral and that all gays will "burn in hell", how could he possibly be gay.  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/10/06 at 2:04 pm

No way.  :o. The Rev. Haggard said homosexuality is immoral and that all gays will "burn in hell", how could he possibly be gay.  ::)

I guess the fires of hell are being stoked up. Should be a very hot time. I just hope the "good" reverend has an asbestos suit.

Cat

Written By: spaceace on 11/10/06 at 5:56 pm

Is he "still committed to his wife and family"?  I wonder if it's platonic.

Written By: STAR70 on 11/13/06 at 6:23 pm

true, but he FINALLY admitts  to "sexual immorality" so NOW it's official!!!!

TED HAGGARD IS A GAY MAN!!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/14/06 at 12:12 am

true, but he FINALLY admitts  to "sexual immorality" so NOW it's official!!!!

TED HAGGARD IS A GAY MAN!!!!

That's not what makes him sexually immoral, IMO.  That part is cheating on his wife, illegally soliciting prostitutes, and--I speculate--engaging in irresponsible sexual practices while under the influence of methamphetamines.  I don't care what gender the parties are with whom he fornicates.  He took a vow of monogamy upon marriag.  It's just the same to me if he was cruising for male prostitutes, female prostitutes, or in-between prostitutes! 

The other immoral part, of course, is engaging in blatant lies, rank hypocrisy, and being in cahoots with the most unchristian-behaving President in U.S. history!

Written By: STAR70 on 11/14/06 at 5:16 pm

everytime a Gay person comes out of the closet, an angels earns its wings!

Written By: spaceace on 11/14/06 at 6:51 pm

pretty pink wings!!! ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/14/06 at 7:53 pm

That would make a good bumper sticker.  I mean, for around my area.  Rural South Carolina, maybe not!
;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/18/06 at 7:02 am

That's not what makes him sexually immoral, IMO.  That part is cheating on his wife, illegally soliciting prostitutes, and--I speculate--engaging in irresponsible sexual practices ....  I don't care what gender the parties are with whom he fornicates.  He took a vow of monogamy upon marriag.   It's just the same to me if he was cruising for male prostitutes, female prostitutes, or in-between prostitutes! 

The other immoral part, of course, is engaging in blatant lies, rank hypocrisy, and being in cahoots with the most unchristian-behaving President in U.S. history!

Max, who are you talking about?  Ted Haggard or President Bill Clinton? ???

;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 11/18/06 at 7:27 am

Good one  ;) ;) ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/18/06 at 6:37 pm

Max, who are you talking about?  Ted Haggard or President Bill Clinton? ???

;D  ;D  ;D

Bill Clinton is going to  burn in the same circle of hell as Dubya.  Not for running around on his old lady, but for signing NAFTA and so-called "welfare reform," and generally giving the fascists everything they wanted (except a Republican president).
(That is if there is a hell and you get sent there for going against the teachings of Jesus.)

Compared to Bubba and Dubya, Haggard is just a noxious little sh*t!

Written By: STAR70 on 11/25/06 at 6:07 pm

pretty pink wings!!! ;D

rainbow print wings???

That would make a good bumper sticker.  I mean, for around my area.  Rural South Carolina, maybe not!
;D

now wait a minute. Here's one for the born-again crowd:
Jesus Christ wandered the desert with 12 other men. GAYS 4 JESUS

Good one  ;) ;) ;)

Angels have earned wings for:

outgoing RNC chairman Ken Mehlman;
Trinity broadcasting Network founder and president Paul Crouch

THANK YOU JESUS

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/12/06 at 9:42 am

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_4817067

another of Haggard's ilk resigns after coming out of the closet.

Written By: spaceace on 12/12/06 at 9:45 am

I wonder if they're going to try to reform this guy too?  I think they use therapy, guilt stuff like that.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/12/06 at 4:58 pm

Aw, I hoped it was going to be Big Jimmy Dobson himself!  Then again, I wouldn't wish Dr. Dobson on the gay community!
::)

Written By: spaceace on 12/12/06 at 11:52 pm

Aw, I hoped it was going to be Big Jimmy Dobson himself!  Then again, I wouldn't wish Dr. Dobson on the gay community!
::)

Nope can't see Dobson at a gay bar anytime soon. (spaceace shudders at mere thought)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/13/06 at 6:10 pm

Nope can't see Dobson at a gay bar anytime soon. (spaceace shudders at mere thought)

How do you know if you don't soon cruise the Colorado gay bars?
I mean, you might not recognize him since he'd be there in drag, like J. Edgar!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/queen1.gif

Written By: spaceace on 12/13/06 at 7:36 pm

How do you know if you don't soon cruise the Colorado gay bars?
I mean, you might not recognize him since he'd be there in drag, like J. Edgar!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/queen1.gif

Good point.  I wonder if he's as pretty as J. Edgar in drag? ;D

Written By: La Roche on 12/13/06 at 7:51 pm

I find it so funny that a religion that preaches forgivness and tolerance won't even give their own leaders the time of day if they turn out to be gay.

Christianity really is a sick disease.

Written By: spaceace on 12/13/06 at 7:55 pm

I find it so funny that a religion that preaches forgivness and tolerance won't even give their own leaders the time of day if they turn out to be gay.

Gosh darn it.  I already gave you karma today. ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/13/06 at 10:34 pm

Gosh darn it.  I already gave you karma today. ;D

I gave him some for that one for you...

when I read the asinine garbage these supposed Christians preach, I wonder if I read the same book as them growing up.

Lewis Black put it best. 

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0612/01/lkl.01.html

BLACK: Well, they -- not unless they come up to me and start going -- you know, I'm Jewish and they start trying to, you know, trying to convert me. What I find annoying is this whole thing about like certain stand, the gay marriage stands makes me psychotic, because it's not really -- like who? It's not in the bible. Stop it.

You know, I'm Jewish. We -- it's our book. The Old Testament is ours. It's ours. It's not theirs. It's our book. The Christians, the book wasn't good enough for the Christians, was it, Larry?

No. They said no. This book isn't good enough for us. We've got a better book with a great new character. You're going to love this guy. And so it's our book. So let us -- if you want to know, if the Evangelical Christians really want to understand what's in the book, you know, ask us. We're everywhere. We wander the streets.

A Jew will take any amount of time out of their day to spend time with an Evangelical Christian who has a question about the bible and we'll answer that question if the price is right.

No, but it's unbelievable, that and that frozen embryo thing. Now, how can you say that's a religious -- you can't. It's not a religious issue. In what book of the bible was anything frozen?

KING: Are you talking about stem cell or...

BLACK: Stem cell, the frozen embryo.

KING: Yes.

BLACK: But they're talking about the -- well, these frozen embryos, they're alive. They're, you know, these -- they're alive. The president says they're alive. They're frozen. They're frozen!

What word -- what part of the word frozen don't you understand?

It's frozen!

It means too cold to move, doesn't it? Is it mentioned in the bible anywhere that mention -- is there any mention in the bible of refrigeration?

No! So you can't possibly, possibly at any time say oh, you know, god says. No, god doesn't say. He -- god, in the bible, in the first, in the Old Testament, did he not know -- he didn't even see freezers coming.

And you know what I did?

I actually -- since the president thinks they're alive, I've adopted three frozen embryos and I put them in my freezer. And every time when I open it up and go, "You kids, stop it!," because I want to be a good father and -- but I'm actually going to take them as a tax write-off.

And if it works, if I can get it by the Feds the first time, I'm going to adopt hundreds of them. I'm going to -- I may get a whole, like the -- you remember the old Amana freezer where they used to put, you could buy a cow and dump it in?

KING: Yes, you just put it...

BLACK: Well, I'm going to have a billion of them in there.

Written By: spaceace on 12/13/06 at 10:40 pm

Thank you kind sir for the Karma outreach.  Evangelical Christians seem to think that everything you need to know is in the bible.  Funny the bible mentions nothing  specifically pertaining to modern society.  Much of it is interpretation.

Written By: La Roche on 12/14/06 at 2:58 pm

when I read the asinine garbage these supposed Christians preach, I wonder if I read the same book as them growing up.

Lewis Black put it best. 

BLACK: Well, they -- not unless they come up to me and start going -- you know, I'm Jewish and they start trying to, you know, trying to convert me. What I find annoying is this whole thing about like certain stand, the gay marriage stands makes me psychotic, because it's not really -- like who? It's not in the bible. Stop it.

You know, I'm Jewish. We -- it's our book. The Old Testament is ours. It's ours. It's not theirs. It's our book. The Christians, the book wasn't good enough for the Christians, was it, Larry?

No. They said no. This book isn't good enough for us. We've got a better book with a great new character. You're going to love this guy. And so it's our book. So let us -- if you want to know, if the Evangelical Christians really want to understand what's in the book, you know, ask us. We're everywhere. We wander the streets.

A Jew will take any amount of time out of their day to spend time with an Evangelical Christian who has a question about the bible and we'll answer that question if the price is right.

No, but it's unbelievable, that and that frozen embryo thing. Now, how can you say that's a religious -- you can't. It's not a religious issue. In what book of the bible was anything frozen?

BLACK: But they're talking about the -- well, these frozen embryos, they're alive. They're, you know, these -- they're alive. The president says they're alive. They're frozen. They're frozen!

It's frozen!

It means too cold to move, doesn't it? Is it mentioned in the bible anywhere that mention -- is there any mention in the bible of refrigeration?

No! So you can't possibly, possibly at any time say oh, you know, god says. No, god doesn't say. He -- god, in the bible, in the first, in the Old Testament, did he not know -- he didn't even see freezers coming.

And you know what I did?

I actually -- since the president thinks they're alive, I've adopted three frozen embryos and I put them in my freezer. And every time when I open it up and go, "You kids, stop it!," because I want to be a good father and -- but I'm actually going to take them as a tax write-off.

And if it works, if I can get it by the Feds the first time, I'm going to adopt hundreds of them. I'm going to -- I may get a whole, like the -- you remember the old Amana freezer where they used to put, you could buy a cow and dump it in?

;D Ok, I love this!!

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/14/06 at 3:17 pm

;D Ok, I love this!!

I can't get enough Lewis Black.  I really cant'.  I haven't seen any of the recent movies he's been in, but they're always small bit parts even though they show him in the ads.  A shame really.  We don't have enough angry comedians in the vein of Sam Kinison lately.

Written By: Davester on 12/14/06 at 3:20 pm

OH how the mighty have fallen..!

This is so delightful and fantastic I shrieked like a little girl and nearly wet myself.  OH how the mighty have fallen...

Get this...

“The fact is I am guilty of sexual immorality. And I take responsibility for the entire problem,” Haggard wrote. “I am a deceiver and a liar. There’s a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I have been warring against it for all of my adult life.” - Ted Haggard

Haggard 'fesses up, and still manages to find a way to demonize the gay community in the process.  Bra-vo...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/14/06 at 3:22 pm

No, God forgives if you cut out the sinnin' and say you're sorry...

Oh wait a minute, the Bible says homosexuality is a sin punishable by death.  That's the Old Testament, your book, Lewis Black!  Working on the Sabbath and mouthing off to your parents are also capital abominations.  God demands His worshippers stone to death violators of His rules.  Read the Scripture!  It's in there.  It's not good enough for God that they just let Haggard retire in disgrace.  So long as Haggard's tribe has not stoned him to death, they are also out of God's grace.

But then, you see, Jesus came along and said God wanted His followers to forgive sinners in their midst and leave the judging up to God.  But then the fundies say every word of the Bible is literally true in both Testaments!  But then...but then(? ? ?)....wow, talk about a conundrum!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nut.gif

"Alright, alright, you know what the Bible says about not forgivin' people...
it's against it."
--Roy Munson

Written By: La Roche on 12/14/06 at 3:35 pm

No, God forgives if you cut out the sinnin' and say you're sorry...

Oh wait a minute, the Bible says homosexuality is a sin punishable by death.  That's the Old Testament, your book, Lewis Black!  Working on the Sabbath and mouthing off to your parents are also capital abominations.  God demands His worshippers stone to death violators of His rules.  Read the Scripture!  It's in there.  It's not good enough for God that they just let Haggard retire in disgrace.  So long as Haggard's tribe has not stoned him to death, they are also out of God's grace.

But then, you see, Jesus came along and said God wanted His followers to forgive sinners in their midst and leave the judging up to God.  But then the fundies say every word of the Bible is literally true in both Testaments!  But then...but then(? ? ?)....wow, talk about a conundrum!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nut.gif

"Alright, alright, you know what the Bible says about not forgivin' people...
it's against it."
--Roy Munson

So.. ya see.. to me it seems like this God fella is pretty angry. Setting folks up to fall and such like. I'm thinking he needs to get some churching up.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/14/06 at 3:43 pm

Lewis Black put it best. 

It's frozen!

And you know what I did?

;D

That's GREAT!  Especially when he says "and every time when I open it up and go, "You kids, stop it!," because I want to be a good father."  Classic.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/14/06 at 11:10 pm

So.. ya see.. to me it seems like this God fella is pretty angry. Setting folks up to fall and such like. I'm thinking he needs to get some churching up.

Explains why guys like "Harmonica" are so durn confused!

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/18/06 at 11:22 pm

another day... another gay priest...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/10561636/detail.html

same parish as Ted Haggard no less...

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/18/06 at 11:28 pm

Crap.  Beaten by 6 minutes. But at least I know Chucky's keeping his eye on the right place. 

So - in the immortal words of "Queen" (heh.)

Ta-da-bump, bump, bump.  Another one bites the dust. 
Ta-da-bump, bump, bump.  Another one bites the dust. 
And another one's down (Aaw, Haggard!)
And another one's down ((Pastor Barnes!)
Another one bites the dust! (Pastor Beard!) (Heh. I said beard).
Hey, (Fundie!) they gonna get you too.  Another one bites the dust!
Shoot out...

Sorry, Eurobeat fans.  Had to go with "Queen" because everyone and his Grandma knows that track, but coming in second place by a nose, was the name of the youth (heh... no, wait, that's more ick than "heh") group headed by Mr. Beard.  And in the words of 1994 Eurobeat act "Twenty 4 Seven", (Why don't you) "Leave Them Alone?"

Everyone's homework is to research Wilhelm Reich.  As a doctor, he was a quack par excellence.  Your obligatory music history lesson is that his "medical" "research" was the inspiration for the gadget in Kate Bush's "Cloudbusting" (and PWEI's track Orgone Accumulator). 

But quacks have been tolerated for decades, centuries, and even plague our late-night TV informercial circuit to the present day.  So, for bonus points, figure out the name of the work that really got him in trouble, find yourself a copy online, and don't talk about it to anyone, because whether the hard left sends you to the joycamps, or the hard right sends you to the freedom camps, life'll suck there.

Check for new replies or respond here...