» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Mary Cheney's baby

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/08/06 at 12:45 pm

http://www.wonkette.com/politics/mary-cheney/mary-cheneys-baby-has-two-mommies-219633.php

VP Dick Cheney's daughter Mary is a lesbian.  So what?  OK, it's "so what" to me and the most of us up here in indigo-blue Massachusetts.  It was a tough issue for all ye homophobes in the GOP.  In the 2004 campaign, they hrrumphed and did their best to overlook it. 

Now Ms. Cheney and her Partner, Heather Poe, have decided to become two mommies with the help of a donor.  Ms. Cheney is now a pregnant lesbian.  So what?

So what?

So what?

So EVERYTHING!

The Christian Right cannot sit idly by for this one.  Evangelical organizations such as Rev. James Dobson's Focus on the Family, and Concerned Women For America have come out...come out swinging against the veep's daughter.  They're declaring that Ms. Cheney is a bad example for America and disrespecting everything her father stands for (such as power-grabbing, ruthless greed, and starting wars).  I'd post the links, but you'll be hearing more than you could ever want to in the next couple of weeks, so I'll spare it. 

I take issue with some on the Left pointing to "hypocrisy" among the Christian Right.  They're so used to calling the Christian Right hypocrites (because they are hypocrites) that they fail to notice when for once the Christian Right is being, erm, straight!

Take a lesson from Dick and Lynne.  If you're a conservative Republican, rich, white family with international political influence, and your daughter is a pregnant lesbian---THE CHRISTIAN RIGHT WILL HATE YOU JUST THE SAME!!!!
:P

(I do have a feeling the christofascists would show more glee than anger if the daughter in question was Amy Carter, Chelsea Clinton, or Kristin Gore.)

Subject: Re: Mary Cheney's baby

Written By: spaceace on 12/08/06 at 2:32 pm

The Cheney family is doing the right thing I believe.  They're happy their having another Grandkid.  The Christian Right will always be after someone or something.  Here's an interesting point though.  The Cheney's seem to be putting Mary's happiness first , isn't that a "family value"  being happy when your kids are happy.  It may sound simple, but it is a know truth. :)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/08/06 at 2:35 pm

Why is this a thread?  So she wants to have a baby?  Big whoop.  Who cares what a bunch of bigoted, closeminded people think. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/08/06 at 2:42 pm

Personally I think someone need's to make a Rosemary's Baby parody based on just the title of the thread.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/08/06 at 4:56 pm

I can't help thinking of the Capital Steps, "And Dick Cheney has a lebsian daughter".  If anyone is familar with the Capital Steps, you will know what I am talking about.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/08/06 at 5:44 pm

Personally I think someone need's to make a Rosemary's Baby parody based on just the title of the thread.

You got it!
;)

The Cheney family is doing the right thing I believe.  They're happy their having another Grandkid.  The Christian Right will always be after someone or something.  Here's an interesting point though.  The Cheney's seem to be putting Mary's happiness first , isn't that a "family value"  being happy when your kids are happy.  It may sound simple, but it is a know truth. :)

I have no praise for the Cheneys.  They are socially conservative for reasons of politics not principle (that is, true believers of the Christian Right see condemnation of homosexuality as a matter of principle.  I do not agree.)  The Cheneys, like the Bushes and the Reagans, are corporatists, not conservatives.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 12/08/06 at 5:56 pm

So is my teacher.....

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/10/06 at 8:22 pm

I wonder who supplied the secret sauce?  ;)

Written By: Red Ant on 12/10/06 at 10:25 pm

I wonder who supplied the secret sauce?   ;)

McDonalds - they've been putting it on their Big Macs for years. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/11/06 at 4:11 pm

Wow.... George W. Bush's mind must be blown.....  ;D

First the Democrats.... and now this.....  He must be thinking.... "Where is a time machine, when you really need one?"  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/11/06 at 4:21 pm

Wow.... George W. Bush's mind must be blown.....  ;D

First the Democrats.... and now this.....  He must be thinking.... "Where is a time machine, when you really need one?"  ;D

In lieu of a literal time machine to take them back in time, they're trying build a political time machine to take all of us back in time.

1947 (plus today's atomic weapons, minus 1947's tax rates).

In them good ole days, if you were a lesbian, you kept quiet about it and married a fella!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/stpaddy.gif

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/11/06 at 5:15 pm

That must be Bush's favorite period!  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 12/11/06 at 9:13 pm

McDonalds - they've been putting it on their Big Macs for years. 

That was seriously disgusting. ;D

I say so what.  I consider myself to be a Christian Conservative.  I do not align myself with the outspoken nutjobs.  I think these people need to remember this bible verse before screaming about others. (Luke 6:41) And why do you look at the speck in your brother

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/11/06 at 9:36 pm

Ah, yes...... The nutjobs, there are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much out there....  ::)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 12/12/06 at 8:03 am

That was seriously disgusting. ;D

I say so what.  I consider myself to be a Christian Conservative.  I do not align myself with the outspoken nutjobs.  I think these people need to remember this bible verse before screaming about others. (Luke 6:41) And why do you look at the speck in your brother

Check for new replies or respond here...