» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Diana death a 'tragic accident'

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/14/06 at 8:46 am

An official UK police inquiry into the Paris car crash which killed Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed has found no evidence the couple were murdered.

The inquiry report said chauffeur Henri Paul, who also died, was speeding and over the legal drink-drive limit.

The findings - contained within an 832 page document - form part of the inquest, due to resume next year, into the deaths of the couple.

The report can be read on http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/news/nol/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/14_12_06_diana_report.pdf

Subject: Re: Diana death a 'tragic accident'

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/14/06 at 9:05 am

An official UK police inquiry into the Paris car crash which killed Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed has found no evidence the couple were murdered.

The inquiry report said chauffeur Henri Paul, who also died, was speeding and over the legal drink-drive limit.

The findings - contained within an 832 page document - form part of the inquest, due to resume next year, into the deaths of the couple.

The report can be read on http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/news/nol/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/14_12_06_diana_report.pdf

there was a good writeup on NewsWeek from someone who did some investigation on it, and from what I read, it all sounds like a series of small blunders leading up to one giant tragic ending. 

Written By: Tia on 12/14/06 at 9:40 am

in an interesting twist, US intelligence was actually spying on the royals at the time of her death. nice to know they still matter enough to get bugged.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/14/06 at 9:45 am

in an interesting twist, US intelligence was actually spying on the royals at the time of her death. nice to know they still matter enough to get bugged.
When asked by the report, the CIA deny bugging the couple at that time.

Written By: Tia on 12/14/06 at 9:47 am

When asked by the report, the CIA deny bugging the couple at that time.
naturally.

i don't really notice when the cia denies something. they're cool though, i wanna be in the cia.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/14/06 at 9:49 am

Why was all the CCTV traffic cameras switched off that night of the accident in Paris?

Written By: Tia on 12/14/06 at 9:52 am

Why was all the CCTV traffic cameras switched off that night of the accident in Paris?
hmm. is that true? that would be interesting.

there's similar chatter about the cameras that would have captured the plane flying into the pentagon on 9/11. i personally don't buy all that cruise missile stuff but still, it's interseting.

i love conspiracy theories.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/14/06 at 9:53 am

To quote the report:

"There was no conspiracy to murder any of the occupants of that car,"

Written By: karen on 12/14/06 at 10:05 am

And why were all the British news correspondents normally in Paris either on holiday or reporting from elsewhere in France at the time?

Written By: Tia on 12/14/06 at 10:06 am

To quote the report:

"There was no conspiracy to murder any of the occupants of that car,"
which again is just what they WOULD say. :D :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/14/06 at 10:10 am

And why were all the British news correspondents normally in Paris either on holiday or reporting from elsewhere in France at the time?
I am trying to remember, but was the August Bank Holiday the previous Monday that week?

Written By: karen on 12/14/06 at 10:30 am

I am trying to remember, but was the August Bank Holiday the previous Monday that week?

I am fairly sure it was that weekend.  Was it a Saturday or a Sunday she died?  I recall that we were in the car taking some rubbish to the tip.  We turned the radio just after 11 so we'd missed the headlines.  Blair was speaking on his way to church and we were trying to work out who had died.  Queen Mum was who we first thought of.

Written By: Gis on 12/14/06 at 11:14 am

I am fairly sure it was that weekend.  Was it a Saturday or a Sunday she died?  I recall that we were in the car taking some rubbish to the tip.  We turned the radio just after 11 so we'd missed the headlines.  Blair was speaking on his way to church and we were trying to work out who had died.  Queen Mum was who we first thought of.
It was the sunday when the reports came out. I remember waking up to it and just sitting watching the T.V all morning.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/14/06 at 11:25 am

It was the sunday when the reports came out. I remember waking up to it and just sitting watching the T.V all morning.
The crash happened about 12:30am on the Sunday Morning. A day I remember well, for that Sunday was the christening of one of my Goddaughters, and on that Saturday night I went to bed early so that I will be fresh for the day, but my wife was still up doing something with her hair. She had the tv on a news station, and before 1am it was reported of a crash which allegedly involved Princess Diana, which turned out to be true. My wife woke me up to tell me but I said I will sleep on. At 4:30am I was awake and watching the news and saw Jack Straw announce from Manila Airport that she was dead. That totally change the tone of the day for us.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/14/06 at 2:41 pm

Dod's dad ain't buying it, but perhaps we shall never know for sure.
:(

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/14/06 at 3:16 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16188931/site/newsweek/

this is the very long article I read on death of Dianna. Sounds reasonable to me, which is probably why it'll never be believed by a small fringe group of people who want to see conspiracy everywhere they look.

As to why Dod's dad won't believe it, it indirectly makes him responsible, since he hired the alcoholic that drove them, even though he told them to stay put.

Check for new replies or respond here...