» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Explosion at Madrid airport

Written By: Sister Morphine on 12/30/06 at 4:38 am

I've been listening to the news all night, and they had a breaking story from Madrid.  Apparently a bomb or explosion went off in one of the terminals.  They were talking to someone who was in the airport at the time of the explosion.  I haven't caught anything on CNN.com or even Yahoo News yet on it, but from what they were saying, they think it may be retaliation in the wake of Saddam's execution.

Subject: Re: Explosion at Madrid airport

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/30/06 at 8:20 am

I've been listening to the news all night, and they had a breaking story from Madrid.  Apparently a bomb or explosion went off in one of the terminals.  They were talking to someone who was in the airport at the time of the explosion.  I haven't caught anything on CNN.com or even Yahoo News yet on it, but from what they were saying, they think it may be retaliation in the wake of Saddam's execution.

Yeah, that's about the speed of the terrorists.  Saddaam swings from the rafters, so they retaliate against Spain.  The women of Baghdad are probably out in the streets as I post this, uulating wildly and chanting "Long Live Saddaam".  After that morning exercise they'll go back inside and finish the embroidery on that explosive belt that they're lovingly crafting for their young son so that he can go out and kill a (circle one: Jew / Sunni / Shiite / Kurd ) in addition to himself. 

Meanwhile Saint Peter is up at The Gates trying to figure out where he's gonna come up with all those virgins.

Written By: KKay on 12/30/06 at 9:31 am

Meanwhile Saint Peter is up at The Gates trying to figure out where he's gonna come up with all those virgins.

they're all here... :)

Written By: philbo on 12/30/06 at 9:38 am

According to the Spanish government, Eta have claimed responsibility:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6219431.stm

...still, there were people in the Spanish government who were trying to blame Eta for the Madrid train bombings, so it's probably worth waiting a while before accepting that at face value.

Written By: KKay on 12/30/06 at 9:39 am

I"M happy to hear it only caused minor injuries.  Madrid has really take some hits.

Written By: Tia on 12/30/06 at 11:03 am

my understanding is that spain has had a domestic separatist movement of some kind to contend with. i don't think the islamic militants have much interest in spain anymore since they pulled out of iraq.

but i figure the MEers'll get blamed first. sorta like what happened in oklahoma city. "holy sh -- he was WHITE?! we naturally assumed he was one'a them (insert anti-islamic racial slur here.)" :o

Written By: philbo on 12/30/06 at 3:08 pm

my understanding is that spain has had a domestic separatist movement of some kind to contend with. i don't think the islamic militants have much interest in spain anymore since they pulled out of iraq.

The separatist movement is ETA, who want a Basque state in Northern Spain: in theory they've claimed responsibility for this one...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/30/06 at 7:43 pm

Yeah, that's about the speed of the terrorists.  Saddaam swings from the rafters, so they retaliate against Spain.  The women of Baghdad are probably out in the streets as I post this, uulating wildly and chanting "Long Live Saddaam".  After that morning exercise they'll go back inside and finish the embroidery on that explosive belt that they're lovingly crafting for their young son so that he can go out and kill a (circle one: Jew / Sunni / Shiite / Kurd ) in addition to himself. 

If it's in Spain, you always must figure in the Basque separatists and their hopeless cause---even if it's the day after Saddam dangles. 
Furthermore, St. Peter is jamming with James Brown while Jerry Ford hits his head on the heavenly gates.  Saddam ain't gonna be around there any time soon, he caught the Early Bird Express to the Second Circle  of hell!

You wouldn't happen to be getting your foreign affairs analysis from Dennis Miller, would you?

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 12/30/06 at 8:54 pm

^I was also thinking of Dennis Miller when I read his post!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/31/06 at 9:03 pm

^I was also thinking of Dennis Miller when I read his post!

--off topic tangent here--
Dennis Miller bites the big one!  What's so icky about him is his hair plugs, his scruffy little beard, and scoffing hipster routine. 
He's a caricature from the past.  Back before your time (and mine), everybody knew the one guy who smoked pot, listened to Hendrix, and bopped around with the hippie kids.  But everybody knew the guy was really just azzwhole who was only tagging along for free drugs and easy hippie chicks.  That's Dennis Miller, a big square who learned how to roll a doobie and could pop his fingers while reciting a few lines from Ginsberg, but could never shake being an uncool jerk with no soul and no rhythm!
:P

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/01/07 at 2:36 pm

"...while Jerry Ford hits his head on the heavenly gates. "

Hee!  ;D

Gotta love Gerald...he was my kinda president.  If only W would fall down more often...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/01/07 at 3:25 pm

Hee!  ;D

Gotta love Gerald...he was my kinda president.  If only W would fall down more often...

Jerry Ford was a football player.
George W was a cheerleader.  True.

Check for new replies or respond here...