» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Active

Written By: Echo Nomad on 01/07/07 at 12:43 am

Active

Subject: Re: The First Time

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/07/07 at 12:48 am

I think that when one realizes that women are not objects of meat, then one can have sex.  Or something like that.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/07/07 at 12:54 am

Whenever you are physically, emotionally, mentally and financially ready to deal with any and all consequences that come from engaging in sexual behavior.  This means being able to care for a child, should the woman become pregnant.  This means being able to get access to birth control and STD/STI testing. 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/07/07 at 12:59 am

Oh, and you also have to get past that little mental block that says a man's status is determined by whether or not he can get laid, and how much booty he can get.  That's sad and pathetic.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/07/07 at 12:59 am

Oh, and you also have to get past that little mental block that says a man's status is determined by whether or not he can get laid, and how much booty he can get.  That's sad and pathetic.

Put uber in front of both of those words and you hit the nail on the head.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/07/07 at 1:01 am

Uber-laid?  :D  HEHEHEHE...

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/07 at 2:19 am

When do you think is the appropriate time for a normal person to become sexually active?

When Jessica Alba poses for Playboy Magazine

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/07/07 at 2:20 am

When Jessica Alba poses for Playboy Magazine

They'll be waiting awhile then.

Written By: Jessica on 01/07/07 at 2:24 am

When you're old enough to support offspring that might occur.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/07/07 at 2:27 am

How true that is :-[

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/07/07 at 2:27 am

Can Vulcans have children?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/07/07 at 2:29 am

Yes, we make Vulcanlets once every seven years.

Written By: whistledog on 01/07/07 at 2:53 am

Yes, we make Vulcanlets once every seven years.

Do the live long and prosper?

Written By: zcrito on 01/07/07 at 7:20 pm

I think that when one realizes that women are not objects of meat, then one can have sex.  Or something like that.

When they reach that point of realization they will no longer be men (unless you're talking about women?)
::)

Written By: Jessica on 01/07/07 at 7:31 pm

When they reach that point of realization they will no longer be men (unless you're talking about women?)

Explain. I'm confused. Are you saying that if men actually treat women decent, then they're pansies, or do you mean something else?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/07/07 at 8:16 pm

So a man is only a man when he treats women like sh*t?  BRILLIANT LOGIC.

Written By: esoxslayer on 01/07/07 at 8:19 pm

Ladies of the board...he's all yours.......

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/07 at 8:20 pm

Then the male virgin population would be about 92%!

What if you realize it, but choose to ignore it?
:P

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/07/07 at 8:20 pm

What if you realize it, but choose to ignore it?
:P

Then you suck. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/07 at 8:27 pm

[quote author=

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/07/07 at 8:30 pm

Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth, but go to any bar and see what type of guy is surrounded by hot chicks.  It's not the one in the corner reading W.H. Auden with the dry Martini!
;D

I know, I know.  Sad fact of life, isn't it. 

Written By: La Roche on 01/07/07 at 11:54 pm

It's not the one in the corner reading W.H. Auden with the dry Martini!
;D

..he's probably wishing he'd be surrounded by dudes.

I kid. I have on many occasions taken a book to a bar... I still get a beer though.

Written By: Davester on 01/08/07 at 12:25 am

I like this one...^

I might add "able" to old enough...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/08/07 at 3:09 am

..he's probably wishing he'd be surrounded by dudes.

I kid. I have on many occasions taken a book to a bar... I still get a beer though.

He likes poetry...so he must be a big f@g!

(no surprise ReichStar would have a problem with W.H. Auden.)
:-\\

Written By: La Roche on 01/08/07 at 5:19 am

He likes poetry...so he must be a big f@g!

(no surprise ReichStar would have a problem with W.H. Auden.)
:-\\

I think he was a gay feller wasn't he?

About all I know about Auden is he lived just down the road from me in Birmingham.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/09/07 at 1:04 am

Sure, it's all about the males.

Of course, women get no ego boost whatsoever from being desired by men.  ::)

Men=bad. Women=good.

Written By: Jessica on 01/09/07 at 1:23 am

Men=bad. Women=good.

Finally! A male who understands! :D

Written By: tokjct on 01/09/07 at 2:37 am

First...the two participants must be educated in, and utilize, proper methods of contraception, if the sexual relationship is between individuals of the opposite sex. But, perhaps of greater importance, regardless of their gender, are the emotional effects of the a sexual relationship.  They both must be mature enough to properly evaluate the meaning of their actions...and the consequences.  Age is really not relevant, if they adhere to the above criteria.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/09/07 at 3:24 am

First...the two participants must be educated in, and utilize, proper methods of contraception, if the sexual relationship is between individuals of the opposite sex. But, perhaps of greater importance, regardless of their gender, are the emotional effects of the a sexual relationship.  They both must be mature enough to properly evaluate the meaning of their actions...and the consequences.  Age is really not relevant, if they adhere to the above criteria.

Age is relevant, though.  A 15 year old having sex with a 16 year old is one thing.  A 15 year old having sex with a 23 year old, is something altogether different.  That 15 year old might have all the knowledge they need, be protected and everything else, but it's still illegal.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/09/07 at 4:53 am

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5xZkYKNF6UEAfbGjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=11vdsbjjb/EXP=1168421348/**http%3a//www.cineclub.de/images/waterboy3.jpg Mama says girls are the devil

There really aren't any set rules unless you live your life by a set of rules, a moral foundation such as the bible or whatever religious path you may be on. If the bible, then it's no marriage, no sex. Get married and then get it on. my friends jokingly called one type of behavior the baptist way, which is to do everything but have intercourse.
some teenagers aren't emotionally mature enough to make smart decisions with regards to having sex, and some adults aren't mature enough either for that matter. The first time they just want to get it over with.  Birth control a must if you're just in it for pleasure, otherwise you may end up with a baby and that changes everything.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/09/07 at 9:51 am

Finally! A male who understands! :D
I'm bad to the bone, baby.    ;)

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/burnbg.gif

Written By: Jessica on 01/09/07 at 5:44 pm

I'm bad to the bone, baby.    ;)

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/burnbg.gif

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/07 at 5:54 pm

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5xZkYKNF6UEAfbGjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=11vdsbjjb/EXP=1168421348/**http%3a//www.cineclub.de/images/waterboy3.jpg Mama says girls are the devil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Norman Bates' Mother: No! I tell you no! I won't have you bringing some young girl in for supper! By candlelight, I suppose, in the cheap, erotic fashion of young men with cheap, erotic minds!
Norman Bates: Mother, please...!
Norman Bates' Mother: And then what? After supper? Music? Whispers?
Norman Bates: Mother, she's just a stranger. She's hungry, and it's raining out!
Norman Bates' Mother: "Mother, she's just a stranger"! As if men don't desire strangers! As if... ohh, I refuse to speak of disgusting things, because they disgust me! You understand, boy? Go on, go tell her she'll not be appeasing her ugly appetite with MY food... or my son! Or do I have tell her because you don't have the guts! Huh, boy? You have the guts, boy?
Norman Bates: Shut up! Shut up!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/couto.gif

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/09/07 at 6:24 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Norman Bates' Mother: No! I tell you no! I won't have you bringing some young girl in for supper! By candlelight, I suppose, in the cheap, erotic fashion of young men with cheap, erotic minds!
Norman Bates: Mother, please...!
Norman Bates' Mother: And then what? After supper? Music? Whispers?
Norman Bates: Mother, she's just a stranger. She's hungry, and it's raining out!
Norman Bates' Mother: "Mother, she's just a stranger"! As if men don't desire strangers! As if... ohh, I refuse to speak of disgusting things, because they disgust me! You understand, boy? Go on, go tell her she'll not be appeasing her ugly appetite with MY food... or my son! Or do I have tell her because you don't have the guts! Huh, boy? You have the guts, boy?
Norman Bates: Shut up! Shut up!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/couto.gif

;D LMAO, thanks Max, I'm sitting at my desk grinning at this and a co-worker walks by and asks me whats so funny

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/07 at 6:29 pm

;D LMAO, thanks Max, I'm sitting at my desk grinning at this and a co-worker walks by and asks me whats so funny

Don't thank me, thank IMdb!
;)

Written By: zcrito on 01/09/07 at 8:21 pm

Explain. I'm confused. Are you saying that if men actually treat women decent, then they're pansies, or do you mean something else?

Why are you confused ?  ???

Sorry, but no normal red blooded male sees a female he likes across a room and then thinks, "I bet she's a great conversationalist!", or "Wow! I bet she's got a beautiful mind -- probably a real thinker!"

It's true, but not sad. For males to think like that isn't really a bad thing. Every woman's got a shot at some male's attention (even some women who should best be avoided) and it, in its own way, is no better or worse than how the typical *more evolved* female acts or thinks.

And again I'm talking about how men think about women at times not how they treat them. There's a difference.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Prime.jpg

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/09/07 at 8:29 pm

Sorry, but no normal red blooded male sees a female he likes across a room and then thinks, "I bet she's a great conversationalist!", or "Wow! I bet she's got a beautiful mind -- probably a real thinker!"

It's true, but not sad. For males to think like that isn't really a bad thing. Every woman's got a shot at some male's attention (even some women who should best be avoided) and it, in its own way, is no better or worse than how the typical *more evolved* female acts or thinks.

And again I'm talking about how men think about women at times not how they treat them. There's a difference.

You said that if a man realizes that a woman is not a piece of meat, he's not a man.  Well then what is he?  A hydrangea?  Gay?  You didn't really explain that statement very well.  I'd be willing to bet that if a man is a party and sees/hears a woman talking about politics or philosophy or literature, the first thing that comes to mind won't be "Wow.....I bet she's good in bed!"  It'll probably be something like, "She's really smart/well-read/knowledgeable" or "I wonder where she found that out"....something like that. 

Written By: esoxslayer on 01/09/07 at 8:34 pm

Eventually, (for your sake) I hope you come to realize that ditzy smoking hot chicks are just a phase in a youngs mans life.  With maturity comes a profound knowledge that for a man to be truly stimulated, the best way is through his mind, just as it is the best way to stimulate a woman.

Maturity leads to insight, if we choose to learn from our past mistakes......

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/09/07 at 8:36 pm

Eventually, (for your sake) I hope you come to realize that ditzy smoking hot chicks are just a phase in a youngs mans life.  With maturity comes a profound knowledge that for a man to be truly stimulated, the best way is through his mind, just as it is the best way to stimulate a woman.

very well stated, Paul! 8)

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours.

Written By: zcrito on 01/09/07 at 8:47 pm

You said that if a man realizes that a woman is not a piece of meat, he's not a man.  Well then what is he?  A hydrangea?  Gay?  You didn't really explain that statement very well.  I'd be willing to bet that if a man is a party and sees/hears a woman talking about politics or philosophy or literature, the first thing that comes to mind won't be "Wow.....I bet she's good in bed!"  It'll probably be something like, "She's really smart/well-read/knowledgeable" or "I wonder where she found that out"....something like that. 

"You said that if a man realizes that a woman is not a piece of meat, he's not a man.  Well then what is he?  A hydrangea?  Gay? "
-- If he *never* thinks of a woman like that anymore then he's probably dead if anything else.

"I'd be willing to bet that if a man is a party and sees/hears a woman talking about politics or philosophy or literature, the first thing that comes to mind won't be "Wow.....I bet she's good in bed!"  It'll probably be something like, "She's really smart/well-read/knowledgeable" or "I wonder where she found that out"....something like that. "
-- The first thing that comes to mind? You're probably right if it's a woman one's not really interested in.

Written By: zcrito on 01/09/07 at 8:51 pm

"Eventually, (for your sake) I hope you come to realize that ditzy smoking hot chicks are just a phase in a youngs mans life. "
-- Who said anything about "smoking hot chicks " ?  Besides tell that to "The Donald".

Written By: esoxslayer on 01/09/07 at 8:53 pm

"You said that if a man realizes that a woman is not a piece of meat, he's not a man.  Well then what is he?  A hydrangea?  Gay? "
-- If he *never* thinks of a woman like that anymore then he's probably dead if anything else.

"I'd be willing to bet that if a man is a party and sees/hears a woman talking about politics or philosophy or literature, the first thing that comes to mind won't be "Wow.....I bet she's good in bed!"  It'll probably be something like, "She's really smart/well-read/knowledgeable" or "I wonder where she found that out"....something like that. "
-- The first thing that comes to mind? You're probably right if it's a woman one's not really interested in.

I'm far from dead, dude.....as my fiancee can testify to......

Almost any man can stimulate a woman who is not very well versed on current happenings, etc, but it takes a real man to get an educated womens interest and hold it......you lead with the wrong head, plan on spending your life with Ellie Mae Clampett in the intelligence department....

Written By: zcrito on 01/09/07 at 9:03 pm

I'm far from dead, dude.....as my fiancee can testify to......

Almost any man can stimulate a woman who is not very well versed on current happenings, etc, but it takes a real man to get an educated womens interest and hold it......you lead with the wrong head, plan on spending your life with Ellie Mae Clampett in the intelligence department....

"I'm far from dead, dude"
-- hold on, that comment from me was to another person and in another person's post.

...it takes a real man to get an educated womens interest and hold it..."
-- True. Educated women are good, but don't underestimate kindness. And in order for two people to meet in the first place they have to find each other attractive in some way, so looks always plays a part.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/09/07 at 9:09 pm

...it takes a real man to get an educated womens interest and hold it..."
-- True. Educated women are good, but don't underestimate kindness. And in order for two people to meet in the first place they have to find each other attractive in some way, so looks always plays a part.

I believe my statement has been misconstrued.  There is nothing wrong with finding a woman attractive, but there is a big difference between thinking "Gee, she's pretty, I think I would like to know her better" and thinking "Wow, she's hot, I want to bend her across my manhood".  That is what I meant.

My bad.

Written By: La Roche on 01/09/07 at 9:29 pm

I think this can be summed up -

Big tits and round asses are great for a couple of nights... but they can't keep you company.  :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/09/07 at 9:30 pm

Big tits and round asses are great for a couple of nights... but they can't keep you company.  :)

*High five*

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/09/07 at 10:13 pm

So if a woman shows knowledge of politics or literature, and she's discussing that with other people at a party.....and a guy takes notice of that and thinks she's smart......she's the kind of woman no one is interested in?  She can't be attractive and intelligent at the same time while attracting a man with her brain first?

What a vile statement.  Check that....what a disgusting statement.  Women can't be attractive on an intellectual level anymore without running the risk of being deemed someone "no one is interested in"?  Putrid.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/07 at 10:20 pm

Apparently not...but I'm always up for another opportunity to repeat the experiment!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/thumbsup.gif

Written By: KKay on 01/09/07 at 10:59 pm

i would do it differently...although I did always say no until i was ready.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/09/07 at 11:11 pm

i would do it differently...although I did always say no until i was ready.

I was always ready, but they always said no!
:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/10/07 at 12:21 am

One logical explanation is that they just didn't like you.

Of this be sure, Maxwell Smart got more action than Mr. Spock!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/nono.gif

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/10/07 at 12:25 am

Of this be sure, Maxwell Smart got more action than Mr. Spock!

Mr. Spock does not measure in terms of quantity.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/10/07 at 12:30 am

Mr. Spock does not measure in terms of quantity.

Of this be sure, Maxwell Smart got better action than Mr. Spock!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/10/07 at 12:33 am

Stuck your starship in more wormholes, perhaps, but it would seem that your explorations have few returns.  Starfleet Command would be most displeased.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/10/07 at 12:35 am

Spock was a stone cold pimp, dude.  You can't touch his skillz.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/10/07 at 1:30 am

Mama says girls are the devil
And I ain't gonna let no boy of mine play no foos-ball neither!
Spock was a stone cold pimp, dude.  You can't touch his skillz.
Of course, Spock really didn't need any skillz. One pinch on the neck and he could be in like Flint if he wanted to be.

But that would be highly illogical.

Of course he did. Maxwell Smart hooked up with Agent 99.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/10/07 at 10:18 am

But that would be highly illogical. Of course he did. Maxwell Smart hooked up with Agent 99.  ;)

Yeah, but Electrophile has a good point.  Mr. Spock wasn't a one-woman kind of Klingon.  He was so serious--so serious about getting jiggy!  You know that was the real five-year mission.

"Captain's log...."

Written By: La Roche on 01/10/07 at 10:55 am

What a vile statement.  Check that....what a disgusting statement.  Women can't be attractive on an intellectual level anymore without running the risk of being deemed someone "no one is interested in"?  Putrid.

That's why I refuse to engage in relations with you!! You know stuff!!!!

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/10/07 at 11:10 am

We all know smart women are better in bed,it's common sense.
Men who think otherwise never been with a real woman :P

Written By: La Roche on 01/10/07 at 11:12 am

We all know smart women are better in bed,it's common sense.
Men who think otherwise never been with a real woman :P

The Smarter women know how to get the best out of their man.

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/10/07 at 11:16 am

The Smarter women know how to get the best out of their man.

Very good i see you understand ;)

Written By: La Roche on 01/10/07 at 11:17 am

Very good i see you understand ;)

I know only what I'm told.

Written By: thereshegoes on 01/10/07 at 11:20 am

I know only what I'm told.

Two words for you...

Keep Her

Written By: Macphisto on 05/01/08 at 11:11 pm

Most people have sex for the first time between the ages of 14 and 16.  As long as they use birth control and protection, that sounds good enough to me.

Check for new replies or respond here...