» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Bush's Iraq speech 1/10/07

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/10/07 at 10:26 pm

Dubya was more eloquent tonight than usual but it didn't mask the atrocious policy decision.
Don't listen to generals, don't listen to military experts, don't listen to foreign policy scholars, don't even listen to members of your own party.  Put 21,000 more American troops at risk in an unwinnable war and flush hundreds of billions more down the crapper. 

Here's Dubya's motivation: Keep the doomed Iraq war on life support until your term expires in '08, then sit back and blame the Democrats.

And hooray for Joe Lieberman, the little cheese-eater. 

I'm so disgusted words fail me!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vtffani.gif

Subject: Re: Bush's Iraq speech 1/10/07

Written By: spaceace on 01/10/07 at 10:33 pm

Nope, didn't hear Shrub's speech.  Did I really want to?  Same old sh*t.  BTW Max can you say . . . Lamont!!!! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/11/07 at 12:55 am

what a total trainwreck of a plan. ::)

Written By: whistledog on 01/11/07 at 12:57 am

I only got to see bits of it.  I was watching a DVD when it came on.  I thought for a second it was such an important speech, that it pre-empted my DVD player, until I realized I'd sat on the remote and hit stop by accident ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 01/11/07 at 5:21 am

It's Clintons fault

Written By: witchain on 01/11/07 at 6:30 am

Dubya was more eloquent tonight than usual but it didn't mask the atrocious policy decision.

His eloquence blew me away.  ::)
I think he just practiced the speech more than usual and had help trying to figure out those big words.

This whole thing has become one big fustercluck.

Written By: Jessica on 01/11/07 at 2:36 pm

I laughed hysterically when he owned up to the mistakes made....and then he proceeded to sell another mistake. Idiot.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/11/07 at 2:38 pm

I thought after he said that, we were going to get something similar to what Kennedy did after the Bay of Pigs.  You know, contrite, apologetic....here's what we'll do to fix it. 

No such luck.  My dad is a hard-line Republican and even HE'S pissed off at this.  He was around for Vietnam.....this is bringing back far too many bad memories for him.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/11/07 at 5:17 pm

I have well over 100 television stations on my digital cable system, Can anyone tell me why this clown
had to be on 1/3 of them. I was not interested in what he had to say, because I already knew what
he was going to say. Analyst told us days in advance what his speech was about, and they will continue
to tell us after. Just about every person on the planet knows Iraq was a mistake and he has no real answers
on how to get the hell out. If this buffoon wants to go on TV, let him go on CNN, CNBC, or FOX news
and stop preempting my shows.  >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/11/07 at 5:29 pm

Dubya knows the war is lost.  He and his stooges are sending 21,000 more troops into harm's way for vanity's sake.  They don't want to look like the ones who lost the war.

The idea was never victory, it was always crony capitalism. 

The Dems are complicit if they do not force a withdrawal.  I don't mean just cutting off future funding, I mean grinding this whole criminal operation to a halt immediately.  The Dems are not going to do that.

Written By: Davester on 01/11/07 at 5:46 pm

I listened to the speech on the radio and read a transcript last night.  My summantion is:

~Got Americans killed for nothing...

~Because you cannot hand a democracy to a people who haven't made it for themselves...

~Did hand Al-Q an expanded operational ground where they could never have held it before...

~Now wants to send the insurgents more US soldiers to kill and maim...

~While opening up two more fronts in Syria and Iran...

~After re-engaging Somalia...

~On the side of Ethiopian fascists...

~While backing down from North Korea...

~This after China, India and Russia have guaranteed Iranian security...

~When the dollar is worthless...

~And foreign nations are beginning to trade and buy oil in renmibis and euros...

Dr. Strangelove, with less panache groove ;) on...

Written By: Brian06 on 01/11/07 at 5:48 pm

Didn't watch it, not interested in listening to his crap anymore.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/11/07 at 5:52 pm

Nope...sigh.

Written By: Davester on 01/11/07 at 5:53 pm

In case you'd like to read it, sometime...

Transcript

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/11/07 at 6:05 pm

Transcript

Karma +1!

So often I have thought of "Dr. Strangelove" when I look at this administration.  These guys are incompetent enough, these guys are insane enough to start a nuclear war!

Written By: witchain on 01/12/07 at 8:17 am

THIS is what happens when idiots rule the world...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/07 at 8:25 am

THIS is what happens when idiots rule the world...

Anything to avoid a draft, eh?

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/12/07 at 10:14 am

Transcript
I'll save that for the next time I have trouble sleeping ::)

Written By: tokjct on 01/12/07 at 6:15 pm

Notice...not a single mention of Saddam Hussein...

The worst president of the United States will find ways to look worser and worser till the end of his "stolen" tenure..

Check for new replies or respond here...