» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Should this woman be granted access to daughter's funeral?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/16/07 at 7:54 pm

http://www.wpxi.com/news/10763945/detail.html

This woman murdered her 2 year old daughter by suffocating her, then stuffing her into a box and putting it in a closet...now, she feels that she should be able to attend the funeral. They granted her 1/2 hr. at the viewing ONLY.....I think she was rather lucky to have been able to have THAT much access. I really don't think she deserves to be at either.

Subject: Re: Should this woman be granted access to daughter's funeral?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/16/07 at 8:52 pm

I say no.  You brutally murder your own flesh and blood, showing absolutely no regard for her life, and now you want to mourn her?  No way.  I'd drop kick that woman out if I saw her. 

Written By: Jessica on 01/16/07 at 9:31 pm

I say no.  You brutally murder your own flesh and blood, showing absolutely no regard for her life, and now you want to mourn her?  No way.  I'd drop kick that woman out if I saw her. 

Amen. And if her family knew she was suffering from depression, then why the hell didn't they help her?

Written By: witchain on 01/16/07 at 9:48 pm

Ms. Watts should be given the benefit of a mental hospital.

Is it really possible for a sane woman to kill her own child?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/16/07 at 10:09 pm

Amen. And if her family knew she was suffering from depression, then why the hell didn't they help her?

It takes something more than "depression" to drive a mother to suffocate her toddler in a box!

I don't know what legal standing she has, but I'd say no.

Written By: Mushroom on 01/16/07 at 11:45 pm

Myself, I say she should get a private viewing, but not allowed at the funeral.

While what she did was horrid, she is still "innocent until proven guilty".

She has obvious mental problems.  But I still feel she has a right to say goodbye to her daughter.  Hopefully, it will help her learn to deal with it, and she is now going to get the help she so badly needs.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/16/07 at 11:51 pm

She has obvious mental problems.  But I still feel she has a right to say goodbye to her daughter.  Hopefully, it will help her learn to deal with it, and she is now going to get the help she so badly needs.

She better hope she said goodbye to her when she was choking the life out of her, because that's all the goodbyes she deserves.  I can't feel pity for a woman, or for any parent that takes the life of their own child.  I just can't.  Letting her go to the funeral is showing pity.  "Oh poor baby, go see the child you killed so you can get 'closure'."  Please.

Written By: Mushroom on 01/16/07 at 11:55 pm

Letting her go to the funeral is showing pity.  "Oh poor baby, go see the child you killed so you can get 'closure'."  Please.

Notice, I said she should not be allowed at the funeral.  And I said nothing about "closure".  To me, that is largely a psychobably word.

But she has not been convicted in a court of law yet, so she still has at least some rights.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/17/07 at 12:03 am

As much as it kills me to say this as a parent, I have to agree.  While it is likely that she DID do it, there is no proof and if it comes out that she really didn't have anything to do with the murder, I'd hate for her to NOT have had the opportunity to say goodbye.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/17/07 at 12:04 am

Notice, I said she should not be allowed at the funeral.  And I said nothing about "closure".  To me, that is largely a psychobably word.

I never said you said that.  Those were MY comments.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/17/07 at 12:06 am

She better hope she said goodbye to her when she was choking the life out of her, because that's all the goodbyes she deserves.  I can't feel pity for a woman, or for any parent that takes the life of their own child.  I just can't.  Letting her go to the funeral is showing pity.  "Oh poor baby, go see the child you killed so you can get 'closure'."  Please.

what makes me mad too, is that on the news...her attorneys were saying things like, "oh, before the fact that she's a murderer, she's a grieving mother"....I'm sorry, but I don't agree with that.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 01/17/07 at 1:35 am

You said it better than I could've, and I agree 100%.

I'd drop kick that woman out if I saw her. 
I'd be in prison for attempted murder if I saw her.

Written By: Gis on 01/17/07 at 3:54 am

I think she should be allowed to see her daughter. You shouldn't judge until all the facts come out, it may also be a way of bringing home the sheer enormity of what she has done if she did do it.

Written By: Jessica on 01/17/07 at 11:35 am

I think she should be allowed to see her daughter. You shouldn't judge until all the facts come out, it may also be a way of bringing home the sheer enormity of what she has done if she did do it.

Somehow, I don't think she'll comprehend the "sheer enormity" of what she did. She killed her kid because she was CRYING. Children cry, if you can't handle that, then close your f*cking legs and don't breed. My sister made her decision not to have kids because she has a fiery temper and knows she would never be able to handle a child and would probably do something horrible.

If she didn't do it, then yeah, I'll feel like an ass for judging. But from the sound of the articles I read, it was all her.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/17/07 at 11:35 am

My God, what a gorgeous little girl.  How horrible.  I can't fathom taking the life of a child...let alone your own child.  She has to be insane.  If she's that far gone I can't see how going to the viewing would make much of a difference to her.

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/17/07 at 12:11 pm

My first thought was that she should have been forced to sit through her baby's autopsy, but then I thought that sounded rather gruesome. 

No, she should not be allowed to go to the funeral.

Written By: Red Ant on 01/17/07 at 10:49 pm

Children cry, if you can't handle that, then close your f*cking legs and don't breed.

LMAO! Karma++!

Darned, you sound like my sister! (A very high compliment)

My first thought was this woman should be stabbed in the ovaries with a rusty oyster-shucking knife. Did I say that? I mean be forced to have a hysterectomy by a competent and licensed physician while under appropriate anaesthesia.

But, as Mushroom pointed out, she is "innocent until proven guilty".

Written By: Jessica on 01/18/07 at 10:22 am

LMAO! Karma++!

Darned, you sound like my sister! (A very high compliment)

Thankee and back atcha! :D

Check for new replies or respond here...