» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: hey mushroom!

Written By: Tia on 02/02/07 at 1:13 pm

what's that word for when you're sexually attracted to teenagers? it's not pedophilia, and it's not normalphilia, but it's that thing in the middle? i remember you mentioned it once, it's something-o-philia, there's even a wikipedia entry on it but i can't for the life of me remember it now.

i suppose i could just get up and look it up on my rap sheet but i'm feeling lazy right now.

(sorry for putting this thread in the wrong place, but i have this funny feeling if i put it anywhere else mushroom might not see it. ;D)

Subject: Re: hey mushroom!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/02/07 at 1:14 pm

I can't believe you made a thread for this.  Freak.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/02/07 at 1:15 pm

Nubilophilia?

Jailbaitophilia?

Prepubescentophilia?

Highschoolcheerleaderophilia?

Couldbemydaughterophilia?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/02/07 at 1:16 pm

Nubilophilia?

Jailbaitophilia?

Prepubescentophilia?

Highschoolcheerleaderophilia?

Couldbemydaughterophilia?

you forgot....pervophilia.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/02/07 at 1:17 pm

BUT!  That would imply that the minor to which he is attracted is a pervert...

Which isn't entirely untrue sometimes :D

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/02/07 at 1:18 pm

what's that word for when you're sexually attracted to teenagers? it's not pedophilia, and it's not normalphilia, but it's that thing in the middle? i remember you mentioned it once, it's something-o-philia, there's even a wikipedia entry on it but i can't for the life of me remember it now.

i suppose i could just get up and look it up on my rap sheet but i'm feeling lazy right now.

(sorry for putting this thread in the wrong place, but i have this funny feeling if i put it anywhere else mushroom might not see it. ;D)

It's Ephebophilia, and i'm shocked too :o
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia

Written By: Jessica on 02/02/07 at 1:18 pm

bigcorporationscausedmetolikehighschoolersophilia?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/02/07 at 1:19 pm

^ HAHAHA!  That's awesome.

I mean, not awesome in that grown men want to sleep with 16-year-old girls, but in that there's an actual word for it :D

Written By: Tia on 02/02/07 at 1:21 pm

I can't believe you made a thread for this.  Freak.
hey, whatever works! ;D

okay, this thread can go away now.

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/02/07 at 1:22 pm

hey, whatever works! ;D

okay, this thread can go away now.

Tia,you just need a real woman,so you can forget about little women ::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/02/07 at 1:23 pm

Tia,you just need a real woman,so you can forget about little women ::)

Oh Snap!  ;D

Written By: Tia on 02/02/07 at 1:24 pm

^ HAHAHA!  That's awesome.

I mean, not awesome in that grown men want to sleep with 16-year-old girls, but in that there's an actual word for it :D
it's not just men! there's a bunch of stories of female high school teachers sleeping with their students. i had a teacher ask me to dinner once in high school, i was such a horndog i probably woulda gone ahead and done it but it just sorta... took me by surprise is all.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/02/07 at 1:25 pm

George Bush

(Nothing to do with any philias, just saying something political.)

Written By: Tia on 02/02/07 at 1:26 pm

George Bush

(Nothing to do with any philias, just saying something political.)
george bush's daughters.

there. glad to help.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/02/07 at 1:30 pm

george bush's daughters.

there. glad to help.

btw, does anyone know why they were kicked out of Argentina about a month ago?

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/02/07 at 1:33 pm

george bush's daughters.

there. glad to help.

That's better,they are 25 years old :)

I saw that,something about the secret services couldn't prevent them from getting their purses stolen at some restaurant ???

Written By: Tia on 02/02/07 at 1:34 pm

maybe for doing something like this?

http://www.needlenose.com/i/gb/JennaBush.jpg

my favorite picture ever.

Written By: Tia on 02/02/07 at 1:37 pm

That's better,they are 25 years old :)
hey! don't look at me, i like older women. put me in a kim richards-dawn wells sandwich and the embalmer guy will be puzzling over how to get the smile off my my face for the funeral. ;D

course, at my age there aren't that many older women left.

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/02/07 at 1:39 pm

hey! don't look at me, i like older women. put me in a kim richards-dawn wells sandwich and the embalmer guy will be puzzling over how to get the smile off my my face for the funeral. ;D

Oh :(
Then no chance for me? Snif,snif.

Written By: Tia on 02/02/07 at 1:51 pm

Oh :(
Then no chance for me? Snif,snif.
:D

oh, i imagine we could work something out. ;)

man, mushroom's gonna freak when he sees this thread.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/02/07 at 5:02 pm

oh, i imagine we could work something out. ;)

Why are you asking Mushroom?

Written By: Tia on 02/02/07 at 7:50 pm

Why are you asking Mushroom?
he posted the term months ago. i didn't know the word existed until he said it. which is why i asked him, he's the only dude i knew for a fact knew what the term is.

let's face it, mushroom makes me crazy but if google lets you down, mushroom's your man. he's mad with facts!

Written By: Mushroom on 02/03/07 at 11:34 am

ephebophilia

While most commonly used to describe relations between men and teen boys, it is also often used when refering to men and teen girls.  Some sociologists suggest that the term should be broadened to cover boys and girls (as well as women with similar attractions), and the term Pederasty used to describe man to boy attraction.

he posted the term months ago. i didn't know the word existed until he said it. which is why i asked him, he's the only dude i knew for a fact knew what the term is.

let's face it, mushroom makes me crazy but if google lets you down, mushroom's your man. he's mad with facts!

That's me, the man who is a font of useless and worthless knowledge.

Written By: Mushroom on 02/03/07 at 12:05 pm

Actually, I was rather amused.  Shows what you miss when you do not log in for a day or so.

let's face it, mushroom makes me crazy

Well Tia, that is never intentional.  Mostly, I just try to challenge people to think.  And yes, I do it in real life as well.

Mostly, our difference in debate (and with myself and others) tends to be that I debate objectively, and they debate with feelings.  Feelings are well and good, but they vary from every individual, and all are equally "right" and "wrong".

Plus I freely admit that I frequently debate as a "Devil's Advocate".  I will even debate against my own beliefs, simply to give you and everybody else somebody to vent their spleen against.  And I find it rather amuseing that most in hear really do not know what my personal beliefs are on many topics.  That probably accounts for the frequent surprise when I end up agreeing with various people in here.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/03/07 at 4:35 pm

course, at my age there aren't that many older women left.

Come to mama!  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/03/07 at 7:27 pm

ephebophilia

While most commonly used to describe relations between men and teen boys, it is also often used when refering to men and teen girls.  Some sociologists suggest that the term should be broadened to cover boys and girls (as well as women with similar attractions), and the term Pederasty used to describe man to boy attraction.

That's me, the man who is a font of useless and worthless knowledge.

The attraction of men to teenage boys is tried and true.  During the Mark Foley scandal Socrates was looking down from the clouds and saying, "And the problem here is....?"

IMO, these female teachers who go for their male teenage students seem to have the same mental age as the boys they molest.  This might be less "ephebophilia" and more regressed personality-type.  That is, the women might still think of themselves as teenagers.

Written By: Mushroom on 02/03/07 at 8:34 pm

IMO, these female teachers who go for their male teenage students seem to have the same mental age as the boys they molest.  This might be less "ephebophilia" and more regressed personality-type.  That is, the women might still think of themselves as teenagers.

There are many reasons why ephebophilia exists.  And I am sure that a large part of it is actually biological.

Teen girls (and boys) are made "cute" for a reason.  It is only natural that humans (and other animals) start to feel the need to procreate as soon as our bodies are able.  And it was not all that long ago that an unmarried woman over 18 was considered to be an "old maid".  Indeed, in many areas of the world that is still common.

However, the difference is on how we as adults react to it.  I have no problem with looking at a cute girl, and thinking "she is hot".  But I have a brain, and it immediately jumps in and says "she is far to young".  So it only stays in that back litle corner of my mind.

Procreation as soon as possible is simply natures way of keeping a species alive.  Make babies as soon as you can, as often as you can.  And puberty is the "big red flag" that biology has placed in our programming to ensure that is what we want to do.  But the maturity that adults are supposed to have hopefully prevents most of us from ever doing it.

Written By: Tia on 02/03/07 at 9:14 pm

There are many reasons why ephebophilia exists.  And I am sure that a large part of it is actually biological.

Teen girls (and boys) are made "cute" for a reason.  It is only natural that humans (and other animals) start to feel the need to procreate as soon as our bodies are able.  And it was not all that long ago that an unmarried woman over 18 was considered to be an "old maid".  Indeed, in many areas of the world that is still common.

yeah, that's what i told the judge. ;D

j/k! you make some good points here. it's not so much the urge as what you do with it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/04/07 at 12:15 am

However, the difference is on how we as adults react to it.  I have no problem with looking at a cute girl, and thinking "she is hot".  But I have a brain, and it immediately jumps in and says "she is far to young".  So it only stays in that back litle corner of my mind.

Procreation as soon as possible is simply natures way of keeping a species alive.  Make babies as soon as you can, as often as you can.  And puberty is the "big red flag" that biology has placed in our programming to ensure that is what we want to do.  But the maturity that adults are supposed to have hopefully prevents most of us from ever doing it.

I agree.  I said pretty much the same thing on another thread, and a few people raked me over the coals for it.  It was because on yet another thread I discussed how I my first sexual experiences were with an "older" woman, and I was not emotionally mature enough to handle it.
It's all in one's culture.  If it is the cultural custom to get married in your teens, there will be the social structure to support that.  Our culture expects you to wait until you are older to get married and start a family.  Thus there is lagtime between physiological readiness and social readiness.  One drawback is that college-age adults think of themselves as kids and act like kids--but their biology says otherwise.  This leads to a lot of confusion.

Written By: Marian on 02/08/07 at 5:16 pm

it's political enough to me.Where e,lse would it go?

Written By: Tia on 02/08/07 at 5:18 pm

it's political enough to me.Where e,lse would it go?
PPP, i guess. but yeah, it ended up being political, anyway. i sorta thought i'd ask, he'd answer, and then i'd delete the thread but that's not how things turned out. ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/08/07 at 5:20 pm

maybe for doing something like this?

http://www.needlenose.com/i/gb/JennaBush.jpg

my favorite picture ever.

They strongly suggested that editor not publish that photo.  He did anyway.  Now that editor sleeps with the fishes.  You don't mess with the Bush family!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/nono.gif

Written By: Tia on 02/08/07 at 5:21 pm

really? meaning he got fired? or he's actually dead? i'm gullible enough to believe you're saying they actually whacked him.

Written By: Marian on 02/08/07 at 5:22 pm

PPP, i guess. but yeah, it ended up being political, anyway. i sorta thought i'd ask, he'd answer, and then i'd delete the thread but that's not how things turned out. ;D
Well,I'm sure others would like to know what that's called.I thought it was "cradle-robber"but maybe there's a "bigger' word for it.

Written By: Tia on 02/08/07 at 5:24 pm

Well,I'm sure others would like to know what that's called.I thought it was "cradle-robber"but maybe there's a "bigger' word for it.
ephbophile, i think it was? it's not really cradle-robbing, literally, that's regular pedophilia. but it's grooving on jailbait, basically. not, in fact, an uncommon phenomenon.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/08/07 at 5:49 pm

really? meaning he got fired? or he's actually dead? i'm gullible enough to believe you're saying they actually whacked him.

http://www.newsgarden.org/columns/anthrax/anthraxtargets.shtml
Suspicion.  No proof.  Story easily debunked....BUT...I wouldn't put anything past the Bush family, especially Barbara the elder.
:o

Written By: Tia on 02/08/07 at 5:51 pm

DOOD. check it out...

totally unfair hitting me with that right when i'm stepping out the door! i'm totally gonna devour that when i get back, i love that kinda stuff.

i even like it when it's about democrats. love me a good conspiracy theory.

Check for new replies or respond here...