» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Ted Haggard Called 'Completely Heterosexual'

Written By: Red Ant on 02/07/07 at 9:19 am

Full story here.

I usually don't care how people classify their sexual orientation, but "completely heterosexual"? Give me a break.

Subject: Re: Ted Haggard Called 'Completely Heterosexual'

Written By: Mushroom on 02/07/07 at 11:55 am

I really could not care less.

In fact, I really do not want to know.  I could not care about the orientation of Britney Spears, Richard Simmons, Rosie O'Donnel, or Billy Idol either.  Gay, straight, heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, autosexual, necrosexual, as long as it is legal between conscenting adults it does not matter one bit to me.

So he is now straight, whoopee.

Written By: La Roche on 02/07/07 at 12:46 pm

I really could not care less.

In fact, I really do not want to know.  I could not care about the orientation of Britney Spears, Richard Simmons, Rosie O'Donnel, or Billy Idol either.  Gay, straight, heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, autosexual, necrosexual, as long as it is legal between conscenting adults it does not matter one bit to me.

So he is now straight, whoopee.

Well, in this case it's not so much which team he bats for, but more the hilarious hypocrisy.
He's an evangelical, so straight away I have intense dislike for him.. and he was one of the gay bashing brigade. i.e - Butt-Fu.ckin = Hell, Fire & Brimstone.
So.. he gets caught uphill gardening with another gentlemen, goes to some sort of bizare psychotheraputic institute and comes out TOTALLY NOT GAY!! 100% STRAIGHT! REST ASSURED FOLKS, HE WONT BE TOUCHING YOUR CHILDREN!!!

Of course, if the whole Christian community wasn't so ass backwards on the subject of homosexuality (I fail to see how something you can't help is supposedly sinful) this wouldn't even be news.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/07/07 at 1:15 pm

What a load of crap.  Oh yeah, he was "cured" of being gay.  Maybe him and Rick Santorum can form a group similar to AA that "cures" homosexuals.  I mean, Ricky thinks homosexuality is a disease just like alcoholism!

Written By: Jessica on 02/07/07 at 1:48 pm

And a year later, we'll be hearing about how he was caught with a gerbil up his ass or something.

He's gay, he'll be gay for the rest of his life, and no amount of "help" will "cure" him.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/07/07 at 2:16 pm

There was a guy on Paula Zahn last night who basically said that Ted Haggard is the "greatest miracle" to be "cured" of homosexually in only 3 weeks? Wow!!! Makes you want to drop to your knees and praise Jesus.

Cat

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/07/07 at 2:19 pm

Haggard has done enough dropping to his knees.

Written By: Jessica on 02/07/07 at 2:20 pm

Haggard has done enough dropping to his knees.

Oh, snap!

Ow....my head hurts from laughing now.

Written By: witchain on 02/07/07 at 2:21 pm

I am shaking my head in utter amazement. ::)
And he wants to be a psychologist when he grows up...

Written By: La Roche on 02/07/07 at 4:45 pm

I am shaking my head in utter amazement. ::)
And he wants to be a psychologist when he grows up...

;D He'll never grow up.. not whilst he still believes in fairy tales.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/07/07 at 6:10 pm

Hmmmm....

Let me put it this way, if I were gay, I'd want Haggard to be straight.  The gay people I'm friends with don't behave like Haggard and what Haggard does should not be called the gay lifestyle.

But let me get this, erm, "straight," Ted, you're "completely heterosexual," except for the insatiable appetite for homoerotic encounters?

Hey, you know me, I'm a vegan, but I sure love my cheeseburgers!
:D

Written By: Red Ant on 02/07/07 at 6:39 pm

Well, in this case it's not so much which team he bats for, but more the hilarious hypocrisy.

Exactly.

So.. he gets caught uphill gardening with another gentlemen, goes to some sort of bizare psychotheraputic institute and comes out TOTALLY NOT GAY!! 100% STRAIGHT! REST ASSURED FOLKS, HE WONT BE TOUCHING YOUR CHILDREN!!!

Of course, if he gets into another meth binge, all bets are off.

What a load of crap.  Oh yeah, he was "cured" of being gay.  Maybe him and Rick Santorum can form a group similar to AA that "cures" homosexuals.  I mean, Ricky thinks homosexuality is a disease just like alcoholism!

If it were possible to "cure" homosexuality, AA is the LAST thing one should model a treatment program after, that is, unless you want a 95%+ failure rate.

Orange Papers

Written By: La Roche on 02/07/07 at 8:26 pm

Of course, if he gets into another meth binge, all bets are off.

Right.. if through some sort of bizare body swap experiment I ended up as a member of the church.. he.. had (How can you have your own church, I mean, I thought they were all God's house or some other Balogna?).. anywho, I'd be slightly more concerned with the fact that he was bowling CMA than having a root with another fella.

Written By: saver on 02/09/07 at 2:47 pm

So, does that open the discussion whether HOMOSEXUALITY is either a disease or genetics? It can't be both..

If it can be healed...Disease, I guess

If genetics..Ted and anyone who believes him from hereout must be all considered NUTZO??

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/09/07 at 2:50 pm

So, does that open the discussion whether HOMOSEXUALITY is either a disease or genetics? It can't be both..

If genetics..Ted and anyone who believes him from hereout must be all considered NUTZO??

Homosexuality cannot be "healed", you cannot be "cured".  Homosexuality is not the same as influenza.  Homosexuality is not a mental defect, if you are gay you are not crazy or insane.

Holy crap, tell me you don't believe that garbage.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/09/07 at 2:52 pm

Oh this again. Homosexuality is simply a matter of someone's taste imo, it's as simple as that. Someone cannot change what they truly like.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/09/07 at 5:52 pm

What it is is none of your business so put your bible in your old kit bag and skeedaddle!
::)

Written By: witchain on 02/10/07 at 4:57 am

So, does that open the discussion whether HOMOSEXUALITY is either a disease or genetics?

Are you serious?  ::)

Written By: saver on 02/14/07 at 2:37 pm

Are you serious?  ::)

This was a discussion brought up in all places: California..some are asking..I just threw it to the public...
either it is genetic or a disease..THEY say you can't have it 'both' ways(no pun intended).

Written By: spaceace on 02/14/07 at 2:51 pm

Haggard claims he only had sex with that male prostitute.  Does this suggest a closeted gay male to anyone?

Second, Dobson from Focus on The Family stated it would take months to rehabilitate him, and he didn't have that much time to give.  So that three weeks bit, I don't think too many Evangelicals are going to buy.

Third, give it a few months he'll be back in the saddle again.  This time around we won't be too shock or even care.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/14/07 at 2:53 pm

You can't "cure" homosexuality.  You can't go to some camp or some warehouse somewhere and get the gay taken out of you.  This is all bullsh*t posturing and pandering to the holy rollers because they want to believe gays can be cured.  It.  Can't.  Happen. 

People who think like that make me sick.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/14/07 at 2:59 pm

Haggard claims he only had sex with that male prostitute.  Does this suggest a closeted gay male to anyone?

Second, Dobson from Focus on The Family stated it would take months to rehabilitate him, and he didn't have that much time to give.  So that three weeks bit, I don't think too many Evangelicals are going to buy.

Third, give it a few months he'll be back in the saddle again.  This time around we won't be too shock or even care.

He oughta change the name from "Focus on The Family" to "Focus on The Fairies" to reflect his actual priorities!
:P
I'd like to see a graph of Dobson's success rate, a bar graph detailing average success, failure, and recitivism.  James Dobson:  I'm not only the president of Heal-a-Homo, but I'm also a client!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/14/07 at 3:03 pm

Miracle Max: He probably owes you money huh? I'll ask him.
Inigo Montoya: He's straight. He can't talk.
Miracle Max: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY straight. There's a big difference between mostly straight and all straight. Mostly straight is slightly gay. With all straight, well, with all straight there's usually only one thing you can do.
Inigo Montoya: What's that?
Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

Written By: spaceace on 02/14/07 at 3:12 pm

He oughta change the name from "Focus on The Family" to "Focus on The Fairies" to reflect his actual priorities!
:P
I'd like to see a graph of Dobson's success rate, a bar graph detailing average success, failure, and recitivism.  James Dobson:  I'm not only the president of Heal-a-Homo, but I'm also a client!

Max, I didn't say Dobson was right.  I'm just saying Dobson was even trying to back away from this one.

Yes, I too am waiting for Dobson to come out of the closet. :)

"Faith" with a crapload of doubt. ;)

BTW did Haggard did the pityful, glass shattering "I Have Sinned" shreik?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/14/07 at 3:22 pm

Max, I didn't say Dobson was right.  I'm just saying Dobson was even trying to back away from this one.

I didn't think you thunk Dobson was right!

Yes, I too am waiting for Dobson to come out of the closet. :)
Wouldn't hold your breath.  Even Houdini couldn't get out of the closet Dobson's in!

BTW did Haggard did the pityful, glass shattering "I Have Sinned" shreik?

That might have worked 25 years ago, but after Swaggart, that's like saying "I am not a crook!"
::)

Written By: spaceace on 02/14/07 at 3:35 pm

Why can't they just do the old "Don't ask don't tell" thing?  It would take away the obsession with it, I would think. :-\\

Written By: La Roche on 02/14/07 at 5:24 pm

Why can't they just do the old "Don't ask don't tell" thing?  It would take away the obsession with it, I would think. :-\\

I know.

Nobody (apart from his congregation I dare say  ::) - how forgiving) cares if he were gay.. if he dosen't want folks to know, then just keep it to himself.

Written By: spaceace on 02/14/07 at 5:33 pm

I know.

Nobody (apart from his congregation I dare say  ::) - how forgiving) cares if he were gay.. if he dosen't want folks to know, then just keep it to himself.

I just don't understand the Evangelical homophobic obsession.  It's really disturbing.  What's even more disturbing is when they find out that one of theirs is gay. They mentally beat the crap out of the person.  Then they try and cure him/her.  Then after they're "cured" they are told to leave town.  It's all really bizarre.  They may be better off just being gay and not 'cured" by a bunch of "God-Fearing" people.

Written By: La Roche on 02/14/07 at 5:36 pm

I just don't understand the Evangelical homophobic obsession.  It's really disturbing.  What's even more disturbing is when they find out that one of theirs is gay. They mentally beat the crap out of the person.  Then they try and cure him/her.  Then after they're "cured" they are told to leave town.  It's all really bizarre.  They may be better off just being gay and not 'cured" by a bunch of "God-Fearing" people.

Now... my Christian bashing has got a bit out of hand recently, but this is something that needs commenting on.

I thought a main principal of Christianity was forgiveness and understanding.. compassion. Now.. they'll maintain that homosexuality is a choice, so.. why not be understanding about somebodys choices?

Written By: spaceace on 02/14/07 at 5:41 pm

Now... my Christian bashing has got a bit out of hand recently, but this is something that needs commenting on.

I thought a main principal of Christianity was forgiveness and understanding.. compassion. Now.. they'll maintain that homosexuality is a choice, so.. why not be understanding about somebodys choices?

I agree.  I'm not sure when those Evangelicals will get back to the basics of Christianity and stop acting like tyrants.  I hope for the sake of humanity it is soon.

Written By: La Roche on 02/14/07 at 5:47 pm

I agree.  I'm not sure when those Evangelicals will get back to the basics of Christianity and stop acting like tyrants.  I hope for the sake of humanity it is soon.

It's authoritarian. Essentially, if one tennant is questioned, they all could be.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/14/07 at 5:52 pm

It's Jesus when it's convenient.  When it's not, they'll go old school O.G. O.T on yo azz:  "Got hates f@gs!"

Written By: spaceace on 02/14/07 at 6:10 pm

It's authoritarian. Essentially, if one tennant is questioned, they all could be.

Heaven forbid anyone should question.  That could lead to individual thought.

Written By: spaceace on 02/14/07 at 6:12 pm

It's Jesus when it's convenient.  When it's not, they'll go old school O.G. O.T on yo azz:  "Got hates f@gs!"

Hey Max, Phelps and company were in my neck of the woods.  They were out numbered by about 100 people shouting "Go back to Kansas, we don't like your kind."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/14/07 at 6:57 pm

Hey Max, Phelps and company were in my neck of the woods.  They were out numbered by about 100 people shouting "Go back to Kansas, we don't like your kind."

On the other hand, it's nice for Kansans to get a break from Phelps now and again!

If Phelps and his inbred clan were screaming "God hates n*gg*rs!" and "AIDS kills n*gg*rs dead!" something would have been done about Phelps a long time ago.

Think about it.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/snorting.gif

Written By: spaceace on 02/14/07 at 7:01 pm

On the other hand, it's nice for Kansans to get a break from Phelps now and again!

If Phelps and his inbred clan were screaming "God hates n*gg*rs!" and "AIDS kills n*gg*rs dead!" something would have been done about Phelps a long time ago.

Think about it.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/snorting.gif

I know.  I think Phelps is smart enough not to do that.  He can still get away with the crap he's doing, but for how long.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/14/07 at 7:10 pm

I know.  I think Phelps is smart enough not to do that.  He can still get away with the crap he's doing, but for how long.

Gays have made great strides in the past 40 years despite the most rancorous bigotry from creeps such as Phelps and Bill Donahue,* but they still have a heck of a struggle ahead before gay-bashing becomes as taboo as that old "n*gg*r n*gg*r n*gg*r" kind of racism.  That's what it says to me.

*Not to be confused with Phil, Bill is that tweaked-out old dude from the Catholic League.

Written By: witchain on 02/14/07 at 7:59 pm

I thought a main principal of Christianity was forgiveness and understanding.. compassion.

You thought wrong. They would lead you to believe that, but...
Eh- Why bother? You know that we know that you don't think that.
8)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/14/07 at 10:47 pm

NOt that it matters. . .but there is no such thing. . .I'm thinking about going Asexual (Non-Sexual) myself--that way I can stay out of homo-hetero battles. . .which shouldn't exist if you ask me. . .even those who truely believe that homosexuality is wrong should also believe that it is not their place to judge. . .live and let live. . .love and let love, Plus it's Valentines Day  :)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/15/07 at 12:07 am

He clearly suffers from SSAD and for $40000, he can be "cured" (at least that's what they told the judge) ;)

anyone who watches Boston Legal will understand that ;)

Written By: Red Ant on 02/15/07 at 1:28 am

NOt that it matters. . .but there is no such thing. . .I'm thinking about going Asexual (Non-Sexual) myself--that way I can stay out of homo-hetero battles. . .which shouldn't exist if you ask me. . .even those who truely believe that homosexuality is wrong should also believe that it is not their place to judge. . .live and let live. . .love and let love, Plus it's Valentines Day  :)

Indeed Dave, very good words. I have no problem with anyone's sexual orientation: if Ted Haggard said he was gay, bisexual, bi-curious, whatever, I'd respect him for it. This lame cover up crap that he and his friends are pulling reeks of hypocrisy, which is 100X worse than any sexual preferences/persuasions ('cept for kids, animals, and the dead - those are just freaky).

Check for new replies or respond here...