» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Conservapedia

Written By: YWN on 03/04/07 at 6:05 pm

Http://www.conservapedia.com

The creationist conservative response to the perceived biases of Wikipedia.  I checked, it isn't a parody site.

"Conservapedia is a much-needed alternative to Wikipedia, which is increasingly anti-Christian and anti-American. On Wikipedia, many of the dates are provided in the anti-Christian "C.E." instead of "A.D.", which Conservapedia uses."

I guess this is kind of self-explanatory, so now with some of my favorite quotes (some of these have been edited
because they were called to attention by the mocking bloggers):

"Anything Goes" musical:  Because Porter was a homosexual, we can conclude that 'anything goes' was also his philosophy of life. Many atheists have adopted the song as a description of their "moral" code.

Theory of Relativity: "Nothing useful has even been built based on the theory of relativity.…'All things are relative' became popular as atheists and others used relativity to attack Christian values. There remains enormous political support for the theory of relativity that has nothing to do with physics, and Congress continues to spend billions of dollars unsuccessfully searching for particles predicted by the theory of relativity."

Kangaroo: "Like all modern animals, modern kangaroos originated in the Middle East and are the descendants of the two founding members of the modern kangaroo baramin that were taken aboard Noah's Ark prior to the Great Flood."

Holocaust: "The Holocaust was the massacring of the Jewish race during World War II. The Germans are not to blame for this but the Nazi are. Besides 6 million Jews dying, 3 million Christians were killed also along with many priests and nuns. This is a very touchy subject for the Jews and is not often discussed amongst them."

Subject: Re: Conservapedia

Written By: Tia on 03/04/07 at 6:18 pm

omg that's awesome.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/04/07 at 6:19 pm

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias!"

---Stephen Colbert

More like Delusiopedia if you ask me!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vogel.gif

Written By: YWN on 03/04/07 at 6:32 pm

Crusades...Good or Bad?

http://www.conservapedia.com/Crusades..._Good_or_Bad%3F

"I don't know whose idea it was to sack Constantinople..."

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/04/07 at 6:32 pm

Wow.....that's just....wow.

Written By: spaceace on 03/04/07 at 6:40 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/evil6.gif  I wanna mess with it!!!

Written By: YWN on 03/04/07 at 6:41 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/evil6.gif  I wanna mess with it!!!

No...they parody themselves so much better than others can...it's best to leave it unadulterated.

Written By: spaceace on 03/04/07 at 6:43 pm

No...they parody themselves so much better than others can...it's best to leave it unadulterated.

SPOIL SPORT!!!

Written By: YWN on 03/04/07 at 6:54 pm

"Conservative"

Every 20-60 years a conservative is elected president of the United States. Examples include:

George Washington
James Monroe
Grover Cleveland
Warren G. Harding
Ronald Reagan

--
"Democrat"

The official platform of the Democratic party emphasizes strengthening America. Right-wing critics claim, however, that the Democrat voting record reveals a true agenda of cowering to terrorism, treasonous anti-Americanism, and comtempt for America's founding principles such as freedom of religion.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/04/07 at 6:56 pm

This is the funniest stuff I've read in long, long time.

Written By: La Roche on 03/04/07 at 6:58 pm

I loved their article on Eugenics.  ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 03/04/07 at 7:04 pm

I loved their article on Eugenics.  ;D

That was a good one. I love their article on George Bush. It's such a brilliant and in-depth piece of writing...

Written By: La Roche on 03/04/07 at 7:06 pm

That was a good one. I love their article on George Bush. It's such a brilliant and in-depth piece of writing...

It saddens me that these people are even mildly associated with me.

The sooner the conservative base in this country unburdens it'self of the christians the better.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/04/07 at 7:09 pm

Not all Christians are that wacky.

Written By: Red Ant on 03/04/07 at 7:20 pm

From "Ronald Reagan":

"The fortieth President of the United States from 1981-1989, following Democrat Jimmy Carter and preceding Republican George H. W. Bush and Democrat William J. Clinton."

I'm not a grammar expert, but that sentence appears to be grammatically challenged. Also, the way it is written gives the impression we had 40 presidents from 1981-1989.

This site will be more laughs than watching video clips of idiots getting owned on Ebaumsworld.

Written By: Tia on 03/04/07 at 7:34 pm

From "Ronald Reagan":

"The fortieth President of the United States from 1981-1989, following Democrat Jimmy Carter and preceding Republican George H. W. Bush and Democrat William J. Clinton."

I'm not a grammar expert, but that sentence appears to be grammatically challenged. Also, the way it is written gives the impression we had 40 presidents from 1981-1989.

This site will be more laughs than watching video clips of idiots getting owned on Ebaumsworld.
the sentence i think is okay grammatically, it's just suckily written.

and that's true about it implying that 40 presidents were stuffed into reagan's term.

Written By: YWN on 03/04/07 at 7:36 pm

The entire "macroeconomics" entry:

Macroeconomics is the analysis of the economy as a whole, or the analysis of large subdivisions of the economy. Macroeconomics is to microeconomics as forest is to trees.

Macroeconomics is the opposite of microeconomics.

I'm glad I know now that that forests are the opposite of trees.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/04/07 at 7:38 pm

Who is writing this stuff?  They need to be working for NBC.

Written By: Tia on 03/04/07 at 7:39 pm

Who is writing this stuff?  They need to be working for NBC.
what, the liberal media?!? i think NBC did a story once appeasing the evolutionists.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/04/07 at 7:55 pm

what, the liberal media?!?

What liberal media?

--Eric Alterman

Written By: YWN on 03/04/07 at 8:26 pm

Bad news for the Jews!

"Jesus was unique in preaching the significance of faith exclusive to Christianity. No other religion is based on faith as distinguished from mere belief."

Written By: spaceace on 03/04/07 at 9:02 pm

Bad news for the Jews!

"Jesus was unique in preaching the significance of faith exclusive to Christianity. No other religion is based on faith as distinguished from mere belief."

Jesus was a Jew.

I'd love to know who's writing/editing this crap.

Written By: La Roche on 03/04/07 at 9:05 pm

Not all Christians are that wacky.

Dude with a beard... makes the world in 7 days....

... dosen't ever fart?

WTF?

Written By: Tia on 03/04/07 at 9:06 pm

... dosen't ever fart?

WTF?
i think the apocrypha mentions god farting during the day off. there was a game on! and bbq.

Written By: spaceace on 03/04/07 at 9:13 pm

i think the apocrypha mentions god farting during the day off. there was a game on! and bbq.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/book1.gif  It's implied in both The Book of Philip and The Book of Mary.  Of course those books are up for personal interpretation.

Written By: La Roche on 03/04/07 at 9:25 pm

I feel I must contribute to this site.

Do they have an article on Noam Chomsky yet?  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/camper.gif

Written By: Tia on 03/04/07 at 9:33 pm

noam

chomsky

is

god

Written By: La Roche on 03/04/07 at 9:36 pm

noam

chomsky

is

god

I thought it was uber alles that he cut a record with Bad Religion.

Written By: YWN on 03/04/07 at 9:37 pm

I thought it was uber alles that he cut a record with Bad Religion.

:o  Seriously?  Which one?

Bad Religion is my all-time favorite punk band.

Written By: La Roche on 03/04/07 at 9:39 pm

:o  Seriously?  Which one?

Bad Religion is my all-time favorite punk band.

Duuumm.. like..91-92? They split a 7 inch.

Written By: Tia on 03/04/07 at 9:41 pm

Duuumm.. like..91-92? They split a 7 inch.
that's only 3 1/2 inches apiece. hardly enough, when you think about it, never mind how you ride the ocean.

noam chomsky gets a rap for being far left, but he's totally not. just has a very unique perspective, and i think he's just about dead on. i love me some noam.

Written By: La Roche on 03/04/07 at 9:42 pm

that's only 3 1/2 inches apiece. hardly enough, when you think about it, never mind how you ride the ocean.

noam chomsky gets a rap for being far left, but he's totally not. just has a very unique perspective, and i think he's just about dead on. i love me some noam.

Noam's a freakin Libertarian.

Well.. kinda.

Written By: Red Ant on 03/04/07 at 9:55 pm

the sentence i think is okay grammatically, it's just suckily written.

and that's true about it implying that 40 presidents were stuffed into reagan's term.

Thanks. I can pin it now: there are no verbs.

I believe what we have here is two dependent clauses. I think most first graders would have included such a basic thing like a verb in constructing that sentence.

I'm more interested in the other 39 presidents that served during those 8 years. Nancy Reagan, uh, um, anyone know the remaining 38?  Funny, I couldn't find the information in Conservapedia...

Written By: Tia on 03/04/07 at 9:58 pm

Thanks. I can pin it now: there are no verbs.

I believe what we have here is two dependent clauses. I think most first graders would have included such a basic thing like a verb in constructing that sentence.

I'm more interested in the other 39 presidents that served during those 8 years. Nancy Reagan, uh, um, anyone know the remaining 38?  Funny, I couldn't find the information of Conservapedia...
i think they're trying to do bullet points. fact; fact; fact. verbs not strictly necessary. but they're religious conservatives, and therefore not terribly swift, so they're doing it wrong.

Written By: La Roche on 03/04/07 at 10:00 pm

but they're religious and therefore not terribly swift, so they're doing it wrong.

I corrected it for you.

Written By: Tia on 03/04/07 at 10:00 pm

I corrected it for you.
down the memory hole!

typical conservative conduct. ::)

Written By: YWN on 03/04/07 at 10:01 pm

I corrected it for you.

You've got to admit, Andy, you wouldn't see these talking points on the Unitarian Church's agenda or the liberal wing of the Catholic church.

Written By: La Roche on 03/04/07 at 10:04 pm

You've got to admit, Andy, you wouldn't see these talking points on the Unitarian Church's agenda or the liberal wing of the Catholic church.

That's because they're normal and don't live in Alabama, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi or Louisiana.

Sorry.. I'm just begging for napalm next christmas.

Written By: YWN on 03/04/07 at 11:38 pm

From Uncyclopedia:

“Conservapedia is an encyclopedia that only Jesus can edit.”

~ Oscar Wilde on Conservapedia

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/04/07 at 11:56 pm

"Currently (as of 4 March, 2007) it is not possible to edit an article on Conservapedia without logging in as a registered member, but the registration of new accounts is disabled."

Damn, I wanted to have a bit of fun.  ::)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/04/07 at 11:58 pm

... dosen't ever fart?

WTF?

I'm not kidding, Andy.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/05/07 at 1:50 am

"Currently (as of 4 March, 2007) it is not possible to edit an article on Conservapedia without logging in as a registered member, but the registration of new accounts is disabled."

Damn, I wanted to have a bit of fun.  ::)

Yeah, well a lot of the square cats reading that jazz take it seriously, so you might hurt their feelings.  Ever hear the way the guys from the National Review, the Weekly Standard, and the Washington Times talk?  How do you satirize a farce?
:D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/05/07 at 12:57 pm

For Canada, it has:

Canada is the second largest country in the world for it's considerable amount of land. It was named Canada because when an explorer came to a Canadian Indian village he asked what this place was called, and they told him "Kanada", which means village in their Indian language. It borders the United States, and most of it's population is in The more southern provinces of Canada.

The capital city of Canada is Ottawa, Ontario.

Canada was founded in 1867 and its first Prime Minister was Sir John A. Macdonald

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/05/07 at 12:59 pm

For the Sun it has:

The sun is a star, a giant ball of flaming gas. It provides the Earth with light and heat. In Christian theology, God created the sun on the first day of Creation.

::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/05/07 at 1:00 pm

For mind belowing fun, check out the article for Creation.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Creation

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/05/07 at 1:57 pm

Is it just me, or does the Conservapedia appear to be written by Mrs. Jacobsen's fifth grade class at Grace Bible School?  I feel like I'm just reading a series of inane oral reports.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/05/07 at 2:38 pm

Maybe it is!

;D

Written By: La Roche on 03/05/07 at 3:23 pm

Is it just me, or does the Conservapedia appear to be written by Mrs. Jacobsen's fifth grade class at Grace Bible School?  I feel like I'm just reading a series of inane oral reports.

Fifth Grade!

You're giving too much credit.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/05/07 at 3:25 pm

5th graders are smarter than this crap.  I'd say 2nd graders.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/05/07 at 7:04 pm

Grace Bible Schoo for the Retarded
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/homework.gif

Written By: YWN on 03/05/07 at 8:13 pm

"Canada is the second largest country in the world for it's considerable amount of land."

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 03/06/07 at 3:45 am

"The early New Zealand population survived by growing bananas, coconuts, yams and taro, and also by raising dogs and pigs."

Since when were bananas and coconuts able to be grown in New Zealand? This is the dumbest "encyclopaedia" article ever.  ::) ;D

Written By: La Roche on 03/06/07 at 8:55 am

"The early New Zealand population survived by growing bananas, coconuts, yams and taro, and also by raising dogs and pigs."

Since when were bananas and coconuts able to be grown in New Zealand? This is the dumbest "encyclopaedia" article ever.  ::) ;D

Ya'll ate dogs?

JERKS!

Written By: Tia on 03/06/07 at 9:04 am

Ya'll ate dogs?

JERKS!
no wonder australia took them over!

Written By: La Roche on 03/06/07 at 9:11 am

no wonder australia took them over!

Right. Because as we know.. New Zealand is in fact just another part of Australia.. where they sent all the Australians who had crap taste in clothes and just didn't quite fit in.

Kind of like America.

Written By: Tia on 03/06/07 at 9:15 am

Right. Because as we know.. New Zealand is in fact just another part of Australia.. where they sent all the Australians who had crap taste in clothes and just didn't quite fit in.

Kind of like America.
daaaaaaaaaaaaag.

i think uncle sam just got harshed.

Written By: La Roche on 03/06/07 at 9:17 am

daaaaaaaaaaaaag.

i think uncle sam just got harshed.

Yup.

That's what you get for messing with my colonys bitch! Those are my domesticated locals and don't forget it.  ;D

Actually, if you think about it, it's true. America started with all the people Europe didn't want.. all the really up their own ass religious folk who wouldn't accept such things as the world being round, women being human and thought that the devil was still after them.

Of course, there's been... some... progression since then.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/06/07 at 1:07 pm

Welcome to tropical New Zealand, mon!
Hey, you've seen all those big dudes at the Wellington docks singing, "Day-o, Daaaay-OH!, me say day, me say day, me say day-o!"

More like "Dumb-o-pedia"!

Written By: thereshegoes on 03/06/07 at 1:47 pm

About Brazil:
A lie propagated by godless hedonistic liberals

I've never been more proud of my country :)

Written By: La Roche on 03/06/07 at 1:53 pm

About Brazil:

Wait, Brazil dosen't exist?

Written By: Tia on 03/06/07 at 1:54 pm

About Brazil:

sorta like the bit about greenland in "underworld"? this crazy dude notices that greenland's always a different size on different maps and decides it must be a hoax.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/06/07 at 2:16 pm

About Brazil:

OK, now I know it's a spoof!
Well, maybe not.  The conservatives have yet to disown Ann Coulter and she's meaner'n a junkyard dog and crazier than a rat in a tin sh*thouse.  George Will better descend from his ivory tower and start kicking ass and taking names.  I don't agree with a guy like George Will, but at least those old-school cons were intelligent and reasonable!

Written By: La Roche on 03/06/07 at 2:38 pm

Well, maybe not.  The conservatives have yet to disown Ann Coulter and she's meaner'n a junkyard dog and crazier than a rat in a tin sh*thouse.  George Will better descend from his ivory tower and start kicking ass and taking names.  I don't agree with a guy like George Will, but at least those old-school cons were intelligent and reasonable!

...mmm.. I'm actually gonna agree wtih Max here.

I'm all for ushering in a new age of intelligence, reason and sense.

Written By: La Roche on 03/06/07 at 2:40 pm

...mmm.. I'm actually gonna agree wtih Max here.

I'm all for ushering in a new age of intelligence, reason and sense.

Written By: Tia on 03/06/07 at 2:42 pm

worth saying twice.

i actually liked his column the other day, about republicans and order of succession, and democrats like to fall in love, therefore hillary is screwed.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/06/07 at 3:04 pm

worth saying twice.

i actually liked his column the other day, about republicans and order of succession, and democrats like to fall in love, therefore hillary is screwed.

I missed that one.  I'm sure not in love with Hillary!

BTW, Crazy Ann went on Hannity and Colmes last night and explained that her "f**got" comment was taken out of context (do these guys ever say anything in context?).  Anyway, she says the word had nothing to do with gays, and it was just a "schoolyard taunt."  Duh, Ann, you're 45-years-old, time to get out of the schoolyard and grow up a bit, doncha think?  Has nothing to do with gays?  Whatwas she calling Edwards a bundle of sticks?
:P

Written By: La Roche on 03/06/07 at 3:07 pm

BTW, Crazy Ann went on Hannity and Colmes last night and explained that her "f**got" comment was taken out of context (do these guys ever say anything in context?).  Anyway, she says the word had nothing to do with gays, and it was just a "schoolyard taunt."  Duh, Ann, you're 45-years-old, time to get out of the schoolyard and grow up a bit, doncha think?  Has nothing to do with gays?  Whatwas she calling Edwards a bundle of sticks?

She could have been talking about these.

http://www.tesco.com/pi/xpi/5/5037780511315_200.jpg

Written By: Tia on 03/06/07 at 3:08 pm

that's like using a racial slur and saying, oh, but that had nothing to do with race.

honestly, she's god's gift to the left, when you think about it. she's to the left what ward churchill is to the right, only she's getting all this press. it's really quite wonderful.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 03/06/07 at 9:01 pm

Oh PUHLEEZEE!!!  I saw about 3 minutes before and after the comment and it was taken just as she said it......

Written By: Mushroom on 03/06/07 at 9:57 pm

I looked through this site, and basically laughed my arse off.  It looks to be made by somebody who is so "UltraConservative", it is little more then a parody to somebody who is more "mainstream" conservative like myself.

And in the interest of "Equal Time", I now present "Liberalpedia":

http://liberalhq.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Main/

I gotta love two of thier "talking points".  In short, they advise against getting into a debate about abortion or gun control.  And I do not love it because they basically "give up", but because they realize how much of a "hot bed" topics they are, and that nobody will likely change their views on these topics, so do not even bother trying.

Written By: Tia on 03/07/07 at 1:22 am

I gotta love two of thier "talking points".  In short, they advise against getting into a debate about abortion or gun control.  And I do not love it because they basically "give up", but because they realize how much of a "hot bed" topics they are, and that nobody will likely change their views on these topics, so do not even bother trying.
sounds about right, actually.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/07/07 at 1:31 am

"George W. Bush has spent most of his Presidency waging the war against terror, in response to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks against the USA. As part of the war against terror, he has liberated the people of Iraq from the clutches of former dictator Saddam Hussein."

What a bunch of crackheads.  I'm sure the Iraqi's feel "liberated" right now.

Written By: Tia on 03/07/07 at 1:38 am

it's pretty much a war ON iraqi freedom and we've been waging it since we helped our bro hussein out against the big bad iranians in the 80s.

conservatism is so... SAD.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 03/07/07 at 8:30 am

"George W. Bush has spent most of his Presidency waging the war against terror, in response to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks against the USA. As part of the war against terror, he has liberated the people of Iraq from the clutches of former dictator Saddam Hussein."

What a bunch of crackheads.  I'm sure the Iraqi's feel "liberated" right now.

well.......technically they are liberated from Saddam's dictatorship......it's just he's been replaced  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/07/07 at 9:26 am

that's like using a racial slur and saying, oh, but that had nothing to do with race.

I've heard some Black guys try to do that, "When I say, "Yo 'sup niggaz' to my homies, it's not racist, it's just sayin' 'sup niggaz," know what I'm sayin'?"
So I went up to the dudes on the corner and said, "I say, what is up, n*gg*rs?"
Anyway, after I got out of the intensive care unit...

honestly, she's god's gift to the left, when you think about it. she's to the left what ward churchill is to the right, only she's getting all this press. it's really quite wonderful.

I agree with a lot of what Ward Churchill says, but not when he called everybody in the Twin Towers "little Eichmanns."  What, even the guy who worked at the hot dog stand on the skydeck?
"Little Eichmanns," sounds like a cookie or something, Fig Eichmanns.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/07/07 at 11:25 am

Liberalpedia already has an entry about  Bill Clinton.

"The president of the United States in which America experienced the lowest crime rate, the highest surplus, the deficit almost being paided off, unemployment going down and poverty numbers decreasing."

Written By: Tia on 03/07/07 at 12:19 pm

Liberalpedia already has an entry about  Bill Clinton.

"The president of the United States in which America experienced the lowest crime rate, the highest surplus, the deficit almost being paided off, unemployment going down and poverty numbers decreasing."

paided?

Written By: Tia on 03/07/07 at 12:21 pm

I've heard some Black guys try to do that, "When I say, "Yo 'sup niggaz' to my homies, it's not racist, it's just sayin' 'sup niggaz," know what I'm sayin'?"
So I went up to the dudes on the corner and said, "I say, what is up, n*gg*rs?"
Anyway, after I got out of the intensive care unit...
I agree with a lot of what Ward Churchill says, but not when he called everybody in the Twin Towers "little Eichmanns."  What, even the guy who worked at the hot dog stand on the skydeck?
"Little Eichmanns," sounds like a cookie or something, Fig Eichmanns.
i dunno, his rhetoric is so irresponsible it's hard for me to agree with him because he just seems to be trying to be provocative.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/07/07 at 12:31 pm

i dunno, his rhetoric is so irresponsible it's hard for me to agree with him because he just seems to be trying to be provocative.

Yeah, he's one p*ssed off Indian, as they say!

Written By: Mushroom on 03/07/07 at 2:17 pm

it's pretty much a war ON iraqi freedom and we've been waging it since we helped our bro hussein out against the big bad iranians in the 80s.

The "Cold War" was really an unusual time.  You had countries collecting aid from both the US and USSR, and both countries supporting both sides in a war.

If you want a good idea what it was like, watch "The God Of War".  There is a sequence where a guy was getting badgered for supplying Saddam.  When asked why, he said that he simply supplied the arms, and really did not want Saddam to win, nor Iran.

The Iran-Iraq war really was a situation where both the US and USSR wanted a stalemate.  And the USSR was the premiere supplier for both sides in that conflict.  Because as long as they were tied up fighting each other, they were not fighting anybody else.

Remember, neither one of these countries was seen as "good".  Iran had been threatening to export it's brand of fundamentalism for several years.  Having them tied up in a war keeps them to busy to do that.  And Iraq had been making nasty faces at several of  it's neighbors, and sponsoring several terrorist groups.

And yes, we did supply both sides in the conflict.  So what?  In the end, it really did not matter.  They fought to a bloody stand-still, and finally both sides gave up and went home.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/08/07 at 11:00 am

paided?

My thoughts exactly,

Written By: Tia on 03/08/07 at 11:06 am

And yes, we did supply both sides in the conflict.  So what?  In the end, it really did not matter.  They fought to a bloody stand-still, and finally both sides gave up and went home.
typical. hundreds of thousands of people died, far more than would have died otherwise because of the aid the reaganites supplied em, and the conservative take on it? "So what."

why do those pesky muslims hate america again? oh, right. because of our freedom. has nothing to do with funding and arming despotic regimes, i'm quite sure. and it CERTAINLY would have nothing to do with the fact that so many americans respond to wholesale, western-abetted slaughter in the middle east with, "so what."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/08/07 at 11:35 am

typical. hundreds of thousands of people died, far more than would have died otherwise because of the aid the reaganites supplied em, and the conservative take on it? "So what."

why do those pesky muslims hate america again? oh, right. because of our freedom. has nothing to do with funding and arming despotic regimes, i'm quite sure. and it CERTAINLY would have nothing to do with the fact that so many americans respond to wholesale, western-abetted slaughter in the middle east with, "so what."

"War saves lives!"

--Sean Hannity

Written By: EthanM on 03/08/07 at 5:14 pm

Conservapedia deleted its Brazil entry and cleaned up the Kangaroo entry. It's still a lousy online encyclopedia, but not bad enough to be worth reading anymore. All this bad press must have inspired them to be less laughable.

Written By: thereshegoes on 03/08/07 at 5:24 pm

Conservapedia deleted its Brazil entry and cleaned up the Kangaroo entry. It's still a lousy online encyclopedia, but not bad enough to be worth reading anymore. All this bad press must have inspired them to be less laughable.

First we were a lie...now we don't exist at all?
Or are they just waiting to change it into one of the many awful countries where George W.Bush was not welcome ::)

Written By: La Roche on 03/08/07 at 6:46 pm

... so?

Written By: Tia on 03/16/07 at 5:16 pm

http://ziopedia.org/

holocaust revisionist version of wikipedia. erm, warning, this may offend some sensibilities.

harpers ran a thing this month from ziopedia talking about the guy who attacked elie weisel in an elevator. i'd heard about that but never knew the details -- turns out the guy wanted to abduct weisel and force him to admit on camera that "night" was a work of fiction and the holocaust never happened. i clicked around a bit on the site though and i think they may have pulled the article.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/16/07 at 5:18 pm

I won't click on that link because I know it will piss me off and I am in a good mood right now.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/16/07 at 7:39 pm

Great!  Now I know know where not to go to.

Sheesh the douchbags are everywhere aren't they.

And now they have their own wikipedia.

Check for new replies or respond here...