» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Gingrich Admits to Extramarital Affairs During Clinton Impeachment

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/09/07 at 11:55 am

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/08/gingrich.affair.ap/index.html

But he's not a hypocrite.  ::)

Subject: Re: Gingrich Admits to Extramarital Affairs During Clinton Impeachment

Written By: Tia on 03/09/07 at 12:22 pm

didn't you hear? it's not about the sex, it's about the lying under oath.

well, unless it's scooter libby doing it. then it's about the sex again.

or, wait. what's it about? maybe it's just because i'm a silly liberal but i just canNOT get my head around the right wing's situational "ethics."

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/09/07 at 1:20 pm

didn't you hear? it's not about the sex, it's about the lying under oath.

or, wait. what's it about? maybe it's just because i'm a silly liberal but i just canNOT get my head around the right wing's situational "ethics."

Exactly.  It's just incredible to me how the rules change.

The other day, one of Mitt Romney's campaign staffers was on the radio talking about how Mitt changed his mind on a couple of issues, and how it's really so great of him to be man enough to admit he was wrong.  I looked at my boss and said "Isn't that flip flopping?"  and he said "Not if you're a Republican it isn't."

Written By: Mushroom on 03/09/07 at 1:38 pm

"I drew a line in my mind that said, 'Even though I run the risk of being deeply embarrassed, and even though at a purely personal level I am not rendering judgment on another human being, as a leader of the government trying to uphold the rule of law, I have no choice except to move forward and say that you cannot accept ... perjury in your highest officials."
Newt Gingrich

Once again, it really boils down to "Did Newt commit perjury?"

And the list of Politicians and Government Officials that have had affairs is truely staggering.  Everybody from FDR and Eisenhauer, to JFK and Lyndon Johnson.  In fact, by most statistics it appears that 60% of men and 40% of women have affairs.

And I really could not care less, unless they lie about it under oath.  Then it becomes something very different.

Written By: Tia on 03/09/07 at 1:43 pm

long as you're a democrat. ;D

so much for family values, i guess.

Written By: La Roche on 03/09/07 at 1:46 pm

long as you're a democrat. ;D

so much for family values, i guess.

Family Values suck ass.

Again, another Christian Conservative idea.. not a real conservative idea.

I'm all about destroying the family structure and just being nomadic.. but that's simply because there are like 80,000,000 women in the country that I technically can't nail... a situation that should be rectified.

Written By: Marian on 03/09/07 at 1:47 pm

But he's not a hypocrite.   ::)
yeah,that doesn't make him gay like his sister ;) :D ;DLOL

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/09/07 at 2:47 pm

"I drew a line in my mind that said, 'Even though I run the risk of being deeply embarrassed, and even though at a purely personal level I am not rendering judgment on another human being, as a leader of the government trying to uphold the rule of law, I have no choice except to move forward and say that you cannot accept ... perjury in your highest officials."
Newt Gingrich

And the list of Politicians and Government Officials that have had affairs is truely staggering.  Everybody from FDR and Eisenhauer, to JFK and Lyndon Johnson.  In fact, by most statistics it appears that 60% of men and 40% of women have affairs.

And I really could not care less, unless they lie about it under oath.  Then it becomes something very different.

Is it really about the lying or is it really about the sex?  I'll give you a million dollars if you can show me a politician that doesn't lie on a daily basis.  Our current president is probably the biggest liar in the history of the Oval Office...but yes, of course it's about the fact that Clinton lied.

Please.

Written By: Tia on 03/09/07 at 2:58 pm

tell you the truth, if i'd have been in his situation, i'd have lied, too. that was so obviously a fishing expedition and the repubs were trying to destroy his marriage so they could break him. it was just another example of how those characters would stop at nothing. i remember seeing an interview with some prosecutor who said, you know, people purjure themselves over extramarital affairs all the time. it's pretty much typically dismissed out of hand, people are hardly ever prosecuted for it.

that said, what clinton did was TOTALLY sleazy in my opinion. making it with someone, what, twenty, thirty years younger than you, and obviously exploiting the power of your office to do it? that's just gross, man. in fact, the interesting thing is that the republicans, by launching into this totally prespammersite impeachment charade did the only thing that could save clinton. if they'd have just sat back and let him stew in public disgust he probably really would have been ruined. but they had to try and make a constitutional issue out of it.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/09/07 at 3:04 pm

What?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/09/07 at 3:04 pm

that said, what clinton did was TOTALLY sleazy in my opinion. making it with someone, what, twenty, thirty years younger than you, and obviously exploiting the power of your office to do it? that's just gross, man. in fact, the interesting thing is that the republicans, by launching into this totally prespammersite impeachment charade did the only thing that could save clinton. if they'd have just sat back and let him stew in public disgust he probably really would have been ruined. but they had to try and make a constitutional issue out of it.

I don't think that Monica hooked up with him because he exploited his power.  He's an attractive and charming man...the fact that he was also the President of the United States was just gravy.  I hate to say it, but I think there are lots of women that would have slept with him.

Written By: Tia on 03/09/07 at 3:14 pm

I don't think that Monica hooked up with him because he exploited his power.  He's an attractive and charming man...the fact that he was also the President of the United States was just gravy.  I hate to say it, but I think there are lots of women that would have slept with him.
oh, i don't doubt she was willing as all getout. it would have been nice if he'd been able to resist that temptation, though. if for nothing else, then to preserve his marriage and to avoid putting the country through the wringer it had to go through. i mean, he KNEW the republicans were just looking for anything they could get their hands on so they could destroy him, and then he hands them monica? i mean, i know the repubs are messed up, with a few exceptions, and i expect no better from them. but the dems should hold themselves to a higher standard.

then again, in his situation i'm not sure what i'd do -- not so much for monica, mind you, i never really grooved on her so much but... for instance, in the, let's face it, rather likely circumstance that kim richards someday tries to seduce me and prances around in front of me in a thong saying things like, "oo, i'm gonna have you," i like to think i'd have the willpower to say, now now, kim, let's keep things friendly and professional. but in the actual heat of the moment, who knows what i'd do? :P

apparently we know what newt "family values" gingritch would do.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/09/07 at 3:26 pm

There's no doubt that what Clinton did was stupid.  The whole thing was asinine.  And the fact that Monica trusted Linda Tripp and never cleaned her dress - wtf?  I'm not excusing Clinton for anything.  I'm just really blown away by the blatant hypocrisy that surrounds it.  How often to people on the right bring up Clinton any time something "bad" happens on the right?  (And don't even get me started on how they bring Ted Kennedy into it.)  Yet here we have the whole CIA scandal and Gingrich admitting to having his own affairs at the same time he was gunning for Clinton, but somehow that's different. 

Written By: Tia on 03/09/07 at 3:31 pm

There's no doubt that what Clinton did was stupid.  The whole thing was asinine.  And the fact that Monica trusted Linda Tripp and never cleaned her dress - wtf?  I'm not excusing Clinton for anything.  I'm just really blown away by the blatant hypocrisy that surrounds it.  How often to people on the right bring up Clinton any time something "bad" happens on the right?  (And don't even get me started on how they bring Ted Kennedy into it.)  Yet here we have the whole CIA scandal and Gingrich admitting to having his own affairs at the same time he was gunning for Clinton, but somehow that's different. 
my favorite part was when henry hyde was all, we're doing this for the children! think of the children! i wanted to go up to the capitol building and personally slap that shriveled little toad. ::) i was like, oh, is that why you've seen to it that families all across the country are now having to explain to their kids what the term "oral sex" means? cuz you're thinking of the children?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/09/07 at 3:34 pm

Newt Gingrich

You are right that many politicians as well as many men (and women) have affairs. Yeah Clinton lied about his relations with Monica but the biggest question is, WHY WAS HE ASKED THE QUESTION IN THE FIRST PLACE??  What does have an extramarital affair have to do with one's ability to do the job. Is it wrong? IMO, yes it is-it is wrong to the spouse. Is it illegal? No it is not-therefore it should not have be asked in the first place. And the fact that Newt now comes out to say that he was having an affair AT THE SAME time is just the height of hypocrisy to me. He had spearheaded the witchhunt against Clinton and since the $40 MILLION that Ken Starr spent investaging him left and right and the only thing they could come up with a b.j.? Oh please! They just wanted to nail him for anything they could.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 03/09/07 at 3:38 pm

the biggest question is, WHY WAS HE ASKED THE QUESTION IN THE FIRST PLACE?? 
props! exactly, it's obvious they were trying to get him to purjure himself. and like i say, if i'd been in the same situation i would have done the exact same thing. it was so obvious they were trying to destroy him, trying to sabotage his marriage. the monica thing really changed my perspective on the republicans -- i mean there are cool individual republicans, i dig arlen specter, olympia snowe, ron paul, chuck hagel, heck, i'm even starting to warm a little on guiliani, but as an institution the republican party is almost mafia-like in its willingness to do ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to get and hold power. the monica charade got me suspicious as hell and then when the 2000 election went down, that tore it.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/09/07 at 3:45 pm

You are right that many politicians as well as many men (and women) have affairs. Yeah Clinton lied about his relations with Monica but the biggest question is, WHY WAS HE ASKED THE QUESTION IN THE FIRST PLACE??  What does have an extramarital affair have to do with one's ability to do the job. Is it wrong? IMO, yes it is-it is wrong to the spouse. Is it illegal? No it is not-therefore it should not have be asked in the first place. And the fact that Newt now comes out to say that he was having an affair AT THE SAME time is just the height of hypocrisy to me. He had spearheaded the witchhunt against Clinton and since the $40 MILLION that Ken Starr spent investaging him left and right and the only thing they could come up with a b.j.? Oh please! They just wanted to nail him for anything they could.

Cat

EXACTLY!!  Thank you Cat!

props! exactly, it's obvious they were trying to get him to purjure himself. and like i say, if i'd been in the same situation i would have done the exact same thing. it was so obvious they were trying to destroy him, trying to sabotage his marriage. the monica thing really changed my perspective on the republicans -- i mean there are cool individual republicans, i dig arlen specter, olympia snowe, ron paul, chuck hagel, heck, i'm even starting to warm a little on guiliani, but as an institution the republican party is almost mafia-like in its willingness to do ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to get and hold power. the monica charade got me suspicious as hell and then when the 2000 election went down, that tore it.

I couldn't agree more.

Karma to both of you.

Written By: Johnny_D on 03/09/07 at 3:47 pm

You sure those weren't Extraterrestrial affairs?  ???  ;)

Written By: Jessica on 03/09/07 at 4:21 pm

The real question is: Who the holy hell would sleep with Gingrich?

I laughed my ass off whe I read about this last night.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/09/07 at 4:23 pm

Someone with no standards and very low self-esteem.

Written By: philbo on 03/09/07 at 4:26 pm

my favorite part was when henry hyde was all, we're doing this for the children! think of the children! i wanted to go up to the capitol building and personally slap that shriveled little toad. ::) i was like, oh, is that why you've seen to it that families all across the country are now having to explain to their kids what the term "oral sex" means? cuz you're thinking of the children?

I had that question... I said it meant talking about it ;)  (I was about to make the "taste of things to come" joke,  but figured they'd not get it)

Power is an aphrosidiac - after all, if John Prescott can, Newt Gingrich must be a hunk by comparison

Written By: Brian06 on 03/09/07 at 4:28 pm

Cat

I've been wondering this all along Cat, why was it even brought up, why was his relationship with Monica relevant to the Paula Jones case. I think they were just out to get him from the moment he took office, they saw an opportunity to get him and they did it. They knew all along he would never be removed from office, it was simply to tarnish his record and they accomplished that.

Written By: Tia on 03/09/07 at 4:29 pm

I've been wondering this all along Cat, why was it even brought up, why was his relationship with Monica relevant to the Paula Jones case. I think they were just out to get him from the moment he took office, they saw an opportunity to get him and they did it. They knew all along he would never be removed from office, it was simply to tarnish his record and they accomplished that.
it's funny because they keep trying to paint fitzgerald as a partisan hack but he prosecuted dems and republicans both. ken starr though was a partisan hack from the getgo, got his chops at like the heritage foundation or somewhere.

Written By: Mushroom on 03/09/07 at 5:27 pm

WHY WAS HE ASKED THE QUESTION IN THE FIRST PLACE??  What does have an extramarital affair have to do with one's ability to do the job.

The question came up because he was accused of sexual harassment and sexual molestation.  That is what the Grand Jury testamony he gave was all about.  President Clinton has several women come forward and testify to "inappropriate behavior", and the questions were part of the inquiry, to see if these were one-time incidents, or a repeated pattern of behavior.

If he had simply said "Yes, I had an affair", then the questioning probably would have ended, and in the end nothing would have happened.  But he lied under oath, and everybody else up until the moment the "DNA Dress" came to light.

Written By: Davester on 03/09/07 at 5:56 pm

Newt may run...

So, attack early and often...

Written By: danootaandme on 03/09/07 at 6:11 pm

I don't think that Monica hooked up with him because he exploited his power.  He's an attractive and charming man...the fact that he was also the President of the United States was just gravy.  I hate to say it, but I think there are lots of women that would have slept with him.

Having inside info on "girl talk" I will confirm that notion.

The question came up because he was accused of sexual harassment and sexual molestation.  That is what the Grand Jury testamony he gave was all about. 

The question is how did that question come up in the investigation of the Whitewater Affair, that was what was being investigated.  This didn't have anything to do with the Paula Jones of Genifer Flowers reports.  Ken Starr was investigating Whitewater, I would say he went pretty far afield.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/09/07 at 6:19 pm

Having inside info on "girl talk" I will confirm that notion.

The question is how did that question come up in the investigation of the Whitewater Affair, that was what was being investigated.  This didn't have anything to do with the Paula Jones of Genifer Flowers reports.  Ken Starr was investigating Whitewater, I would say he went pretty far afield.

Thank you (and karma). That was my point.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/09/07 at 6:52 pm

Anybody who was paying attention knew about Gingrich over a decade ago.  If you think the real real reason for Clinton's impeachment was he lied under oath about a bj, then you just fell off the turnip truck! 

The Republicans are the true party of entitlement.  They believe they are entitled to power whether the people want them to have it or not, and they believe they are entitled to be considered holier than Democrats no matter how scummy their behavior is.

The fact that H. Ross Perot split the vote and Clinton won was a fluke.  It forced George HW Bush to forfeit the second term he thought was his to serve. 

The Bush family is the most dangerous family in America and has been since 1980.  Newt Gingrich was just their tethered attack dog. 

Newt presents himself as a virtuous man, a religious man, and a scholarly man.  Does anybody really believe any of that rubbish? Come on!  He's a thug. 

Of course Gingrich has affairs.  What do you think power mad alpha-male types do on Saturday nights?  Play ping-pong at the Grange?  Calling Newt a "hypocrite" is like calling Adolph Hitler a bully!

The name of the right-wing game in the '90s was not: Be good Christian men and women.
It was: Get Clinton! Get Clinton! Get Clinton!

If you don't think so, you weren't there!
::)

I've said before, Clinton made his own bed--so to speak--because he couldn't keep it in his pants.  However, it you remember the rabid right-wing warpath of the '90s, you know if it wasn't the sex stuff, it would have been something else!

Written By: Tia on 03/09/07 at 10:33 pm

pretty much. they tried whitewater, vince foster, paula jones, his college dope smoking, monica was the thing that stuck and so they went with it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/09/07 at 10:55 pm

Family Values suck ass.

Family values = Leave it to Beaver

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/09/07 at 11:31 pm

Family values = Leave it to Beaver

Once upon a time.  Then Wally discovered that being a little hard on the beaver wasn't enough, and then it was all gay hookers and crystal meth.

Gimme Clinton and Gingrich's sex scandals any day.

Written By: lterhune on 03/10/07 at 12:35 am

I understand it must be hard for liberals to wrap their tiny brains around the facts,  :D  however, truth is that the impeachment was for lying under oath to the courts (not to mention the entire USA and world on TV). Lying under oath against the law, but nice try!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/10/07 at 12:38 am

I understand it must be hard for liberals to wrap their tiny brains around the facts,  :D  however, truth is that the impeachment was for lying under oath to the courts (not to mention the entire USA and world on TV). Lying under oath against the law, but nice try!

Pardon me, but did you just insult my friend Ash?  I am not sure in the direction that comment was meant to go.

Written By: lterhune on 03/10/07 at 12:45 am

LOTS of women did (and maybe still do). If you recall this was his 4th public affair, (forth time being caught while in public office)

Written By: Tia on 03/10/07 at 12:46 am

Pardon me, but did you just insult my friend Ash?  I am not sure in the direction that comment was meant to go.
i believe it was directed at half of the country. ;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/10/07 at 12:48 am

i believe it was directed at half of the country. ;D

Just making sure a friend wasn't getting shat on.

Written By: Tia on 03/10/07 at 12:51 am

i'd love to swoop down on the newb for bashing liberals but let's face it, i'm always smackin' on conservatives in really broad terms -- hey! it feels good! sue me! -- so i'm gonna live and let live.

besides, look at these sunny, happy smiles...

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_5474.jpg
http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_9106.png

can't we all just get along? :D i can't keep looking at these faces and stay mad. it's impossible.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/10/07 at 12:55 am

i'd love to swoop down on the newb for bashing liberals but let's face it, i'm always smackin' on conservatives in really broad terms -- hey! it feels good! sue me! -- so i'm gonna live and let live.

It wasn't the liberal-bashing I was really responding to....I thought she was personally insulting her.  There's enough bashing of people on both sides of the party line around here all the time.....I wouldn't say anything if I thought it was just that. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/10/07 at 12:56 am

Hmmm...they autocensor the present tense, but not that past tense!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/10/07 at 12:56 am

can't we all just get along? :D i can't keep looking at these faces and stay mad. it's impossible.

I feel weird having my own face as my avatar.  I keep thinking people are going, "Who's that ugly girl?"  Ack.

Written By: Tia on 03/10/07 at 12:57 am

Hmmm...they autocensor the present tense, but not that past tense!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif
yeah, i noticed that too. computers are notoriously bad at conjugating irregular verb tenses, i guess.

Written By: Tia on 03/10/07 at 12:58 am

I feel weird having my own face as my avatar.  I keep thinking people are going, "Who's that ugly girl?"  Ack.
you're purty as a picture, beth. just hush now, dag!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/10/07 at 1:05 am

Who said it wasn't?

I said it's a waste of time to call Newt a hypocrite.  The fact that Newt is an even bigger philanderer than Clinton was just something liberals were bellyaching about ten years ago, and it's come up again.  It didn't matter to anybody on Newt's side of the fence.

The Clinton impeachment was about raw, naked power.  It had nothing to do with law or morality.  That was just show.  The Republican crime syndicate saw an upstart such as Clinton usurp their power and they were jealous and they were determined to take that power away from him at any cost.  That's the sum total the impeachment.  

Written By: lterhune on 03/10/07 at 1:17 am

Tia is right, it's half the country. I don't know your friend, but sorry if you felt that way it was not my intention ???

Written By: lterhune on 03/10/07 at 1:43 am

Who said it wasn't?

I said it's a waste of time to call Newt a hypocrite.  The fact that Newt is an even bigger philanderer than Clinton was just something liberals were bellyaching about ten years ago, and it's come up again.  It didn't matter to anybody on Newt's side of the fence.

The Clinton impeachment was about raw, naked power.  It had nothing to do with law or morality.  That was just show.  The Republican crime syndicate saw an upstart such as Clinton usurp their power and they were jealous and they were determined to take that power away from him at any cost.  That's the sum total the impeachment.  

That's certainly your opinion and you have a right to it. I think you are just a bit wrong, but that is my opinion.

Hypocrisy is a funny thing. It is certainly not a word to be used just to bash the side you do not like. For example, the trashing of the administration could be looked at as attacks from power hungry democrats who would do and say anything to the republicans to win and to discredit them so that they could take revenge for the horrible things that happened to their icon Clinton. See? Crazy thoughts work both ways & is not very healthy right?

But you may recall that there were a lot of corruptness that occurred with the democrats that has not only been overlooked, but rewarded by them........ Maybe they were not used to bring down the democrat party by the right because the right is more decent than that, (than the left). There are countelss times that the left was left to do their own thing and the media ignored things that were HUGE on the democrat side. Because they are virtually unknown, doesn't make them good things... Here are just a few:

No one was convicted for the leak that turned out to be NOT done by a republican...... BUT, there is a man in the US Senate, a democrat, who leaked information and THREE PEOPLE died because of his leak. This man is not in jail, still in the senate and in a committee leadership role ...

There was a republican man in office raised to be a separatists (who is now dead), and democrats still harp about him and use him as an example of how the right hates blacks. BUT, in the senate right now, as we sit here posting, there is a 3rd generation KKK LEADER Democrat US senator - who is also a
committee leader.

Then there is a man in the house, a democrat, caught with $90,000.00 in his freezer at home, money from an undercover who paid him bribe money.. Nancy Pelosi is just now promoting him to a committee leader in the house that deals with our country's security.

There is a man in the house now, a democrat, who actually physically slept with an underage intern - not corresponded by email or by IM, but slept with her. This man is in the house still and has a leadership role as well.

Rather than bash with your  over-the-top race to put down the right, why not just know the facts, skip any hypocrisy you may have or not have and seek solutions rather than continue the mud slinging and then make up reasons why your side is superior and the other not?
Just curious!

Written By: lterhune on 03/10/07 at 2:30 am

AWE, how sweet you are!

Written By: lterhune on 03/10/07 at 2:37 am

I never thought that, I think you are very pretty!

Written By: La Roche on 03/10/07 at 8:21 am

Tia is right, it's half the country. I don't know your friend, but sorry if you felt that way it was not my intention ???

Don't worry.. I find that even when you put Liberals down, they still don't get it.  ;D

That's certainly your opinion and you have a right to it. I think you are just a bit wrong, but that is my opinion.

Hypocrisy is a funny thing. It is certainly not a word to be used just to bash the side you do not like. For example, the trashing of the administration could be looked at as attacks from power hungry democrats who would do and say anything to the republicans to win and to discredit them so that they could take revenge for the horrible things that happened to their icon Clinton. See? Crazy thoughts work both ways & is not very healthy right?

But you may recall that there were a lot of corruptness that occurred with the democrats that has not only been overlooked, but rewarded by them........ Maybe they were not used to bring down the democrat party by the right because the right is more decent than that, (than the left). There are countelss times that the left was left to do their own thing and the media ignored things that were HUGE on the democrat side. Because they are virtually unknown, doesn't make them good things... Here are just a few:

No one was convicted for the leak that turned out to be NOT done by a republican...... BUT, there is a man in the US Senate, a democrat, who leaked information and THREE PEOPLE died because of his leak. This man is not in jail, still in the senate and in a committee leadership role ...

There was a republican man in office raised to be a separatists (who is now dead), and democrats still harp about him and use him as an example of how the right hates blacks. BUT, in the senate right now, as we sit here posting, there is a 3rd generation KKK LEADER Democrat US senator - who is also a
committee leader.

Then there is a man in the house, a democrat, caught with $90,000.00 in his freezer at home, money from an undercover who paid him bribe money.. Nancy Pelosi is just now promoting him to a committee leader in the house that deals with our country's security.

There is a man in the house now, a democrat, who actually physically slept with an underage intern - not corresponded by email or by IM, but slept with her. This man is in the house still and has a leadership role as well.

Rather than bash with your  over-the-top race to put down the right, why not just know the facts, skip any hypocrisy you may have or not have and seek solutions rather than continue the mud slinging and then make up reasons why your side is superior and the other not?
Just curious!

Correct.

See, that's the big difference. The left goes on about how all the Republicans want to do is slander the Democratic party. No, not at all. During the 90's, with Clinton (A guy who I had the freakin upmost respect for) a few annoyances in the party harped on long enough for there to be an investigation.. and what did they find? That he'd got a blowjob in the oval office and then lied about it.
Clinton didn't anger me.. hell, if I was President I'd be smoking hash and getting blowjobs too.. but regardless, he dissapointed me.
I compare Clinton to Mark McGuire. They both did something wrong.. what they did wasn't that bad, but the fact they lied about it to the whole country was.

Written By: Davester on 03/10/07 at 12:48 pm

Concerning the Clinton impeachment, the release of the Grand Jury information to the press and public constituted a felonious violation of Grand Jury law.  Every legislator whose vote endorsed the release of that information ought to be thrown in prison.  They broke the law and there is no excuse...

We spent $40 million on a he-said/she-said that would get thrown out of any other court.  We applied a different standard of law to this defendant merely because he was the president.  You might recall that, despite changing the law in order to allow the Jones investigation, the court noted that it did not expect such an investigation to be of such importance as to interfere with Clinton's executive duties...

But, the release of Grand Jury documents by Starr's office was highly felonious...

And, besides, in the case of Congressional hearings, you'll note that the accused had no benefit of an impartial jury.  Such is the way of justice groove ;) on...

P.S./ *Ash* is Lib..? :-\\

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/10/07 at 1:17 pm

P.S./ *Ash* is Lib..? :-\\

Yep.  And I have a tiny little brain because of it!    ;D

I hope we can still be friends Davester...  ;)

And just for the record, I'd rather have a President that lied to the country over a blow job than a president that lied to a country over a war that cost thousands of lives.  But that's just me.

Written By: Tia on 03/10/07 at 1:19 pm

you remind me of my ex-wife! >:( she was also a tiny-brained liberal who hated freedom.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/10/07 at 1:19 pm

And just for the record, I'd rather have a President that lied to the country over a blow job than a president that lied to a country over a war that cost thousands of lives.  But that's just me.

HOLLA!  Give me the good old days when men lied about oral sex.  Ah.....the halcyon days of my youth.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/10/07 at 1:25 pm

you remind me of my ex-wife! >:( she was also a tiny-brained liberal who hated freedom.

Funnily enough, you also remind me of my ex wife.  She looked like a goat.

HOLLA!  Give me the good old days when men lied about oral sex.  Ah.....the halcyon days of my youth.

;D

Written By: Brian06 on 03/10/07 at 1:26 pm

Man I miss those days, when a little stain and a cigar were the biggest problems in America!

Written By: Tia on 03/10/07 at 1:27 pm

Funnily enough, you also remind me of my ex wife.  She looked like a goat.
can this marriage be saved?

Written By: Davester on 03/10/07 at 1:43 pm

I hope we can still be friends Davester...   ;)

OMG..!!

"What can I give thee back, O liberal

And princely giver, who hast brought the gold

And purple of thine heart, unstained, untold,

And laid them on the outside of the-wall..."

I think one of the reasons Bill Clinton can do no wrong in so many people's minds is that sexuality is very, very intimate.  How many have paused to consider Bill Clinton in the same notion as orgasms.  And we still respected him in the morning.  But such imaginings did seriously challenge his ability to effectively govern.  I'm trying to block out of my mind this quivering, sweaty Bill Clinton yelling, "Yeehaw!" while sniffing a fine cigar and appreciating the whitest teeth he ever *ahem* came across.  What a smile, baby.  See, it's all in the wrist.  Just take the cigar and twirl it around and then throw the thong at the lamp...

Many people actually resent Bill Clinton because the thought of the man having sex just... well, when it occurred to them, small parts of them did, in fact, die inside.  Kinda like, when as a kid, you realize that your parents actually have sex...yuck.. groove ;) on...

Written By: La Roche on 03/10/07 at 1:45 pm

TO sum it up.

Clinton lieing to the country - Dissapointing.

Bush lieing to the coutry - Manslaughter.

Reagan lieing to the country - Neccesary.

Nixon lieing to the country - Funny.

Kennedy lieing to the country - Who cares, bro was knockin Monroe!

It's dissapointing, but they all do it.

Gingrich at the time (and hopefully never) was not President.
He didn't lie to the country, he just showed his double standards.
Oh well, family values are a sack of s**t anyway.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/10/07 at 1:50 pm

TO sum it up.

Clinton lieing to the country - Dissapointing.

Bush lieing to the coutry - Manslaughter.

Reagan lieing to the country - Neccesary.

Nixon lieing to the country - Funny.

Kennedy lieing to the country - Who cares, bro was knockin Monroe!

It's dissapointing, but they all do it.

Gingrich at the time (and hopefully never) was not President.
He didn't lie to the country, he just showed his double standards.
Oh well, family values are a sack of s**t anyway.

Can't disagree with this.

Written By: Davester on 03/10/07 at 1:51 pm

I just need this damn election over in order to test an idea: To what degree is my perpetual bad mood connected to the Bush administration, 9/11, or their timing in relation to the ongoing blah-blah-blah of the psychobabble-blah-blah of life, the Universe, and everything..?

I'll be pissed if that's actually what's bugging me, but then again, it's been a shockingly perverse seven-some-odd years...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/10/07 at 1:57 pm

OMG..!!

"What can I give thee back, O liberal

And princely giver, who hast brought the gold

And purple of thine heart, unstained, untold,

And laid them on the outside of the-wall..."

I think one of the reasons Bill Clinton can do no wrong in so many people's minds is that sexuality is very, very intimate.  How many have paused to consider Bill Clinton in the same notion as orgasms.  And we still respected him in the morning.  But such imaginings did seriously challenge his ability to effectively govern.  I'm trying to block out of my mind this quivering, sweaty Bill Clinton yelling, "Yeehaw!" while sniffing a fine cigar and appreciating the whitest teeth he ever *ahem* came across.  What a smile, baby.  See, it's all in the wrist.  Just take the cigar and twirl it around and then throw the thong at the lamp...

Many people actually resent Bill Clinton because the thought of the man having sex just... well, when it occurred to them, small parts of them did, in fact, die inside.  Kinda like, when as a kid, you realize that your parents actually have sex...yuck.. groove ;) on...

I didn't look at it that way...I think he's pretty hot, actually.  I always figured the reason that many of the ultra-conservatives were so upset was because they were jealous.  None of them had ever gotten a b.j. and there was no hope of them getting one in the foreseeable future.  ;)

Written By: La Roche on 03/10/07 at 1:59 pm

Can't disagree with this.

Thanks.

Oh.. and to add.

Johnson lieing to the country - Genocide.

There ain't no other word for what happened in Veitnam.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/10/07 at 2:01 pm

There ain't no other word for what happened in Veitnam.

Except maybe Iraq

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/10/07 at 2:02 pm

I didn't look at it that way...I think he's pretty hot, actually.  I always figured the reason that many of the ultra-conservatives were so upset was because they were jealous.  None of them had ever gotten a b.j. and there was no hope of them getting one in the foreseeable future.  ;)

Bob Packwood says "yo."

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/10/07 at 2:07 pm

Bob Packwood says "yo."

Now there's an example of a yucky politician.   ;D

Written By: La Roche on 03/10/07 at 2:09 pm

Except maybe Iraq

huh?

Iraq is a country... not.. a... result?  ???

Anyhow, in Iraq there hasn't been large scale napalm attacks, chemical warfare or the total destruction of towns and villages.

The vast vast VAST majority of civilian death has been caused by other civilians blowing themselves up.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/10/07 at 4:16 pm

huh?

Anyhow, in Iraq there hasn't been large scale napalm attacks, chemical warfare or the total destruction of towns and villages.

Not yet.  I tend to be a bit pessimistic when it come to conduct and intentions when it comes to warfare.  Give it time....Iraq Nam

Written By: Marian on 03/10/07 at 4:29 pm

he has a gay sister.Totally opposite him politically.

Written By: spaceace on 03/10/07 at 4:34 pm

he has a gay sister.Totally opposite him politically.

I wonder if she writes better Historical Fiction novels than her brother.  One can only hope.

Written By: La Roche on 03/10/07 at 4:36 pm

Not yet.  I tend to be a bit pessimistic when it come to conduct and intentions when it comes to warfare.  Give it time....Iraq Nam

Not yet?

Errrrmm... the main focus is extraction now, not mass killing.

Saddam was the one who used chemical weapons.

Written By: Tia on 03/10/07 at 7:40 pm

i'd count things like cluster bombs and FAEs as WMDs, basically. but they're higher tech, so it's okay. ::)

there's some stuff that smacks of, not genocide, so much, but wholesale destruction. in tall afar and fallujah, u.s. forces would "take out" whole city blocks to get one sniper.

also, the US HAS used napalm in iraq, evidently.

Written By: La Roche on 03/10/07 at 7:42 pm

also, the US HAS used napalm in iraq, evidently.

I've heard nothing about this.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/10/07 at 9:17 pm

Davester puhleeeze!  That's nasty! You've been thumbing through the Starr Report on the john again, haven't you!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/jerk.gif

Even the bits of the Starr Report that got on the congressional record sound like one of those "Penthouse Forum" stories! 
Bill Clinton's problem was he wasn't LBJ.  He didn't come to Washington with an iron fist.  It was great for Clinton's supporters 'coz he was such as charismatic guy, but he didn't have the intimidation factor LBJ had (neither did Carter).  Can you imagine Ken Starr going after LBJ?  Boy, I tell you what, Ken Starr wouldn't be no dean of no Pepperdine Law School.  If he was lucky he'd be a cut-rate ambulance chaser in Fairfax.  If he was unlucky, he'd be floating face down in the Patomac!
;D

Written By: Tia on 03/10/07 at 9:22 pm

I've heard nothing about this.
you weren't supposed to.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/military/20030805-9999_1n5bomb.html
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=14920109&method=full&siteid=106694&headline=fallujah-napalmed-name_page.html
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article99716.ece

Written By: La Roche on 03/10/07 at 9:29 pm

you weren't supposed to.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/military/20030805-9999_1n5bomb.html
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=14920109&method=full&siteid=106694&headline=fallujah-napalmed-name_page.html
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article99716.ece

The Mirror... the Independent?

Was this picked up by an ACTUAL Newspaper?

Written By: Tia on 03/10/07 at 9:34 pm

The Mirror... the Independent?

Was this picked up by an ACTUAL Newspaper?
cute.  ::)

the pentagon actually admitted it. does that count?

Written By: La Roche on 03/10/07 at 9:36 pm

cute.  ::)

Seriously dude. The Mirror is a rag.

I'd contemplate the idea that the Independent actually latched on to something..just, I've not heard of this happening.

Written By: Tia on 03/10/07 at 9:37 pm

Seriously dude. The Mirror is a rag.

I'd contemplate the idea that the Independent actually latched on to something..just, I've not heard of this happening.
like i say, the pentagon admitted it.

but yeah, it didn't get much attention, for rather obvious raesons. in 2003 the war was still a smash hit.

Written By: lterhune on 03/11/07 at 1:02 am

huh?

Iraq is a country... not.. a... result?  ???

The vast vast VAST majority of civilian death has been caused by other civilians blowing themselves up.

....and something the media is not telling us, (no big news there), is that since the "surge" began, Bagdad has had 80% less violence and holding. But thjat is good news & I iknow half the country would not like good news in any form under Bush.

And there is a big difference between Nam & Iraq -

Written By: Tia on 03/11/07 at 1:12 am

....and something the media is not telling us, (no big news there), is that since the "surge" began, Bagdad has had 80% less violence and holding. But thjat is good news & I iknow half the country would not like good news in any form under Bush.

And there is a big difference between Nam & Iraq -

yes, because the insurgents are upping the violence in other parts of the country while they wait out the show of force in downtown baghdad.

come on, we played this game in vietnam 30 years ago. it's going to turn out the same way, unfortunately the bushies need a few more thousand bodybags before they'll be convinced.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/11/07 at 1:13 am

Of course there's a big difference between Nam and Iraq. 

That was the 60s......and this is not.  That's huge. 

And while it's all great that Baghdad has had 80% less violence, the violence and killing and stupidity everywhere else is a continuing problem, a problem the President should be man enough to recognize.  It is time to go home and get the hell out of there....we can serve no useful purpose there anymore, as if we ever could to begin with.  We are in over our heads and it's time to leave.  Like, NOW.

Written By: Tia on 03/11/07 at 1:25 am

Of course there's a big difference between Nam and Iraq. 

That was the 60s......and this is not.  That's huge. 

And while it's all great that Baghdad has had 80% less violence, the violence and killing and stupidity everywhere else is a continuing problem, a problem the President should be man enough to recognize.  It is time to go home and get the hell out of there....we can serve no useful purpose there anymore, as if we ever could to begin with.  We are in over our heads and it's time to leave.  Like, NOW.
with each passing day, the freedom-loving republican victory in iraq just keeps getting more and more glorious. can you imagine how much more they'll be winning in iraq five more years and 50,000 more dead american soldiers from now? it will truly be a beauty to behold.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/11/07 at 1:28 am

with each passing day, the freedom-loving republican victory in iraq just keeps getting more and more glorious. can you imagine how much more they'll be winning in iraq five more years and 50,000 more dead american soldiers from now? it will truly be a beauty to behold.

They'll rewrite the Star Spangled Banner in their honor.  They'll put Bush on the $1 bill....to hell with that George Washington character.  What the hell did he do anyway that was so special? 

I'm really getting annoyed at the people so biased they've thrown out all their left shoes.

Written By: Tia on 03/11/07 at 1:30 am

I'm really getting annoyed at the people so biased they've thrown out all their left shoes.
;D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/11/07 at 1:31 am

I'm glad you thought that was funny.  I was trying to go somewhere and wasn't sure I got there.  ;D

Written By: Davester on 03/11/07 at 3:41 am

Davester puhleeeze!  That's nasty! You've been thumbing through the Starr Report on the john again, haven't you!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/jerk.gif

Even the bits of the Starr Report that got on the congressional record sound like one of those "Penthouse Forum" stories! 
Bill Clinton's problem was he wasn't LBJ.  He didn't come to Washington with an iron fist.  It was great for Clinton's supporters 'coz he was such as charismatic guy, but he didn't have the intimidation factor LBJ had (neither did Carter).  Can you imagine Ken Starr going after LBJ?  Boy, I tell you what, Ken Starr wouldn't be no dean of no Pepperdine Law School.  If he was lucky he'd be a cut-rate ambulance chaser in Fairfax.  If he was unlucky, he'd be floating face down in the Patomac!
;D

Heh... but the paper is of the highest quality.  Soft and absorbent... :D

We must give credit where it's due, and congratulate Starr for opening up schools and public libraries to pornographic literature...

Check it out, Max...

Kenneth Starr Orders LBJ Exhumed For Investigation Of Possible Sexual Impropriety

:P :P :P

By the way, love the left shoe thing, Electrophile...

Check for new replies or respond here...