» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Time for better rules for the politics board, or it's not going to stick around

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/19/07 at 10:20 am

It seems both sides of the political spectrum on this board have almost zero ability to discuss politics properly (much like cable news). 

Gross insulting over generalizations seem to plague every thread (Dems. are baby killers, Republicans are racists).

People are attacked, not the topics at hand.

I really don't see the point of a board like this if it's not going to have discussion that can rise above the single-sided partisan crap that fills every political blog on the web.  I refuse to read that crap on other sites, and I sure as hell don't want to read it here.

I've stickied this thread.  Suggest rules we can all live by, that make sense and maybe we can appoint someone to enforce those rules.  If it can't be done properly, it isn't really worth doing.

Subject: Re: Time for better rules for the politics board, or it's not going to stick around

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/19/07 at 10:25 am

^ This pretty much sums it up.  No name-calling, no condescension, and an emphasis on real discussion rather than "you suck" :)

Subject: Re: Time for better rules for the politics board, or it's not going to stick aro

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/19/07 at 10:26 am

^ This pretty much sums it up.  No name-calling, no condescension, and an emphasis on real discussion rather than "you suck" :)

Well, you know, I thought I stated that in the rules, but maybe it's just not being properly enforced, or it's vague.

Subject: Re: Time for better rules for the politics board, or it's not going to stick around

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/19/07 at 10:27 am

Well, you know, I thought I stated that in the rules, but maybe it's just not being properly enforced, or it's vague.

Nah...you know what happens when troll-ish members decide to spout off :P

Subject: Re: Time for better rules for the politics board, or it's not going to stick aro

Written By: spaceace on 03/19/07 at 11:01 am

Nah...you know what happens when troll-ish members decide to spout off :P

Kinda reminds me of the Exorcist.  Possibly just as vile. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/19/07 at 11:50 am

I have seen things get out of hand here recently. I for one don't want to lose this board because I really enjoy the political discussion-when there is discussion in the mist of all the personal nastiness going on. Maybe with one of the mods (my vote would be for Red Ant-since he is more likely to post on here than Tam or Bobo) to closely watch things for awhile and maybe people will start really getting the hint that this stuff won't be tolerated.

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/19/07 at 2:31 pm

I have seen things get out of hand here recently. I for one don't want to lose this board because I really enjoy the political discussion-when there is discussion in the mist of all the personal nastiness going on. Maybe with one of the mods (my vote would be for Red Ant-since he is more likely to post on here than Tam or Bobo) to closely watch things for awhile and maybe people will start really getting the hint that this stuff won't be tolerated.

Before I assign someone, I want to make sure we all know and agree on terminology to describe the environment of the board.  I don't want a mod to look like a tool because someone doesn't know the concept of "don't post retarded cliche stereotypes of political parties"

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/19/07 at 2:35 pm

^ I think that's fair.  The reason most of the topics on this board degenerate is because people suffer from terrible cases of ferrous cranus and feel the need to indoctrinate the other side or else they suck.  If there's a greater emphasis on the "no name calling" rule that might help a lot to weed out all the crap. 

Although some people DO deserve to be called names every now and then :) 

I don't think there should be a "hard line" against language in general because it's hard to detect sarcasm and humor sometimes in the printed word.  But blatant stuff like "you commie pig" should be dealt with.

I'd volunteer but people already think I'm a tool :D

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/19/07 at 2:39 pm

I also think what Chucky said was fair.  I especially agree with "don't post retarded cliche stereotypes of political parties".  I can't see what possible purpose doing that has. 

And Kin, you're not a tool.  :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/19/07 at 2:54 pm

I believe someone (maybe Tam) had suggested that instead of engaging in all-out flame war, that a poster simply quote and report the offensive post and leave it at that.  That way, the offender looks stupid and the reporting member doesn't get into trouble, and it also reduces the amount of crap that has to be flushed.

Written By: Mushroom on 03/19/07 at 4:44 pm

And I would suggest that if somebody sees somebody starting to get "out of control", don't egg them on.

Quite often I see somebody lashing out for one reason or another, and 5-6 people then jump on them as well.  That is not going to calm things down, it will simply provoke them into making even harsher posts.

Written By: spaceace on 03/19/07 at 4:47 pm

And I would suggest that if somebody sees somebody starting to get "out of control", don't egg them on.

Quite often I see somebody lashing out for one reason or another, and 5-6 people then jump on them as well.  That is not going to calm things down, it will simply provoke them into making even harsher posts.

Some of us tried to see the other parties point of view.  That isn't always well received.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/19/07 at 4:51 pm

Well, if we use the proper discourse, it would be like this:

A -- Statement

B -- Acknowledgement of statement + rebuttal

A -- Acknowledgement of rebuttal + counterpoint

Note the lack of "you suck" in this format :D

Written By: spaceace on 03/19/07 at 4:54 pm

Well, if we use the proper discourse, it would be like this:

A -- Statement

B -- Acknowledgement of statement + rebuttal

A -- Acknowledgement of rebuttal + counterpoint

Note the lack of "you suck" in this format :D

Some people don't care to partake of the art of an L&D debate format. 

Hey Rice you were on the Debate team weren't you?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/19/07 at 4:55 pm

Some people don't care to partake of the art of an L&D debate format. 

Hey Rice you were on the Debate team weren't you?

Nah, but I have put myself in other people's shoes :)

Written By: spaceace on 03/19/07 at 4:59 pm

Nah, but I have put myself in other people's shoes :)

Yeah, I debate and put myself in other people's shoes.  That's the kind of stuff that makes Republican and Democrats go for coffee together.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/19/07 at 5:03 pm

Yeah, I debate and put myself in other people's shoes.  That's the kind of stuff that makes Republican and Democrats go for coffee together.

It's fun to talk and even more fun to disagree constructively :)

Written By: Mushroom on 03/19/07 at 5:07 pm

Personally, I love to "Debate".  I find it a challenging mental exercise, and as Rice said, it lets me put myself into somebody else's shoes.

Plus I enjoy playing "Devil's Advocate", as a way to give people in here somebody to debate (or argue) against.  When I see something basically being a "Let's all agree" fest, I often pop in and post something from the other point of view, just to get people talking and thinking.

As a good example, I am fairly neutral on the "Bong Hits 4 Jesus" issue.  And I actually understand where both sides are comming from.  But since everybody seems to be agreeing on one side of the issue, I will continue to argue the opposite.  Not from any real passion about it, but to "show both points of view".

If anybody wants to try and sharpen your skills, just try doing that a few times.  It is amazing how it can broaden your mind.  In a non-chemical sort of way.   :D

Of course, I never claimed to be completely sane.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/19/07 at 5:10 pm

To me, there's a difference in posting the other point of view to get people talking and posting it because you don't want everyone agreeing on the issue and because you know an argument might ensue.

Not every thread needs to have a point-counterpoint.  Sometimes it's nice to have everyone agree on the same thing.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/19/07 at 5:11 pm

^ Agree on the same point, but disagree on the minor details...therein lies the divide!  :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/19/07 at 5:53 pm

I have been on the cusp of ceasing to post on the politics board for a while now.  I consider myself part of the problem here.  I'm too often hot-headed about issues.  A few years ago Chucky and a consensus of board members decided to separate politics and other controversial topics from the 2000s board.  I think it was a good idea.

We live in a vile political climate.  When you've got FOX News and Air America setting the political tone in the media it tends to filter down to the rest of us.

Strife is inevitable in issues of consequence. Given all that is at stake nowadays, I think a degree of outrage is understandable.

HOWEVER--and this is the important part:

Chucky has made it clear several times inthe00s is not a politically oriented site.  At the time the political board was started, there were many members who wanted political topics vorboten. The politics board was a compromise.  If he now finds even a separate board to be too much trouble, I'm not going to protest if he decides to nix it.

I do think muzzling socio-political debate might be more trouble than it's worth.

Here are the difficulties:

Who gets to decide what is too controversial?  You can't really talk about popular culture without politics, religion, and social controversy because these are integral to popular culture itself.  For instance, if you talk about the '80s without mentioning the rise of the Christian Right, Iran-Contra, Jim & Tammy, Perestroika, Reaganomics, PMRC, etc., etc., you know what you wind up with?  VH-1's "I Love the '80s," and that's an awfully thin soup.  Sorry, Pac-Man and the Rubiks Cube are not what made the '80s the '80s.

That's just an example.

So how much time do moderators want to spend combing through posts and parsing the "too political" from the "not too polical"?

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/19/07 at 6:30 pm

I think that this thread shows an obvious shortcoming of today's political stalemate.

A new political party needs to emerge.  We'll found it here and then spread it across the land.

It shall be called the "You Suck Party" and will be devoid of the usual PR and feigned social consiousness.  Its sole purpose will be to tear down any institution of value and to disparage any person of virtue. 

:D

Written By: spaceace on 03/19/07 at 6:53 pm

I think that this thread shows an obvious shortcoming of today's political stalemate.

A new political party needs to emerge.  We'll found it here and then spread it across the land.

It shall be called the "You Suck Party" and will be devoid of the usual PR and feigned social consiousness.  Its sole purpose will be to tear down any institution of value and to disparage any person of virtue. 

I kind of like that. ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/19/07 at 7:25 pm

So how much time do moderators want to spend combing through posts and parsing the "too political" from the "not too polical"?

The point is not to have censorship, as long as the topics can be discussed with an air of common courtesy without degenerating into "you suck" and "blow me".

http://www.t-shirthumor.com/Merchant2/graphics/fullsize/skbl_lg.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/19/07 at 7:25 pm

I have to admit that sometimes this board sounds a bit like this:

Jane Curtin: Dan, only a reactionary ass such as yourself could oppose full diplomatic relations with China. As President Carter said, it is a simple recognition of reality. How can we ignore eight hundred million people? But, then again, I guess it's your habit to ignore reality. You're a paranoid schizophrenic, Dan, whose politics are obviously born out of some buried infantile trauma. You hide from reality, constructing a hostile world to justify your own incapacity for love and compassion. Go ahead, Dan, live in your dark, lonely world. The rest of us will extend our hands in friendship to eight hundred million human beings, saying, "Hi! You do exist. Let's be friends."

Dan Aykroyd: Jane, you ignorant slut. My personality profile is not at issue here, any more than is your inability to achieve orgasm. The issue is Taiwan. How can we expect to have the confidence of any free nation when we stab one of our most faithful allies in the back. I suppose you'd like to conduct our foreign policy the way you conduct your private life, hopping from bed to bed with anyone that can do you some good. Then what do you have? An old, dried-out scuzz that no decent man would be seen with. Is that what you want for America? It's too late for you, Jane, but our country still has some dignity left, you hosebag!

Cat

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/19/07 at 7:33 pm

SNL is funny.  The stuff you're highlighting is not.

Written By: spaceace on 03/19/07 at 7:35 pm

I have to admit that sometimes this board sounds a bit like this:

Jane Curtin: Dan, only a reactionary ass such as yourself could oppose full diplomatic relations with China. As President Carter said, it is a simple recognition of reality. How can we ignore eight hundred million people? But, then again, I guess it's your habit to ignore reality. You're a paranoid schizophrenic, Dan, whose politics are obviously born out of some buried infantile trauma. You hide from reality, constructing a hostile world to justify your own incapacity for love and compassion. Go ahead, Dan, live in your dark, lonely world. The rest of us will extend our hands in friendship to eight hundred million human beings, saying, "Hi! You do exist. Let's be friends."

Dan Aykroyd: Jane, you ignorant slut. My personality profile is not at issue here, any more than is your inability to achieve orgasm. The issue is Taiwan. How can we expect to have the confidence of any free nation when we stab one of our most faithful allies in the back. I suppose you'd like to conduct our foreign policy the way you conduct your private life, hopping from bed to bed with anyone that can do you some good. Then what do you have? An old, dried-out scuzz that no decent man would be seen with. Is that what you want for America? It's too late for you, Jane, but our country still has some dignity left, you hosebag!

Cat

Cat, how many Classic S.N.L. D.V.D.s do you have???
In some weird, unflattering way you're right.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/19/07 at 7:39 pm

Cat, how many Classic S.N.L. D.V.D.s do you have???
In some weird, unflattering way you're right.

Actually, none. I found a transcript on-line.

Cat

Written By: spaceace on 03/19/07 at 7:42 pm

Actually, none. I found a transcript on-line.

Cat

GET SOME!!!

Written By: Red Ant on 03/20/07 at 12:12 am

If I may add my 2 zincs in here.  ;)

I believe someone (maybe Tam) had suggested that instead of engaging in all-out flame war, that a poster simply quote and report the offensive post and leave it at that.  That way, the offender looks stupid and the reporting member doesn't get into trouble, and it also reduces the amount of crap that has to be flushed.

That was me. Ideally, that would be the way things are done so that it's clear to the mods what the problem is. I've received maybe 6 reports from this board since I became LM. There is obviously more going on here than what we're being made aware of.

The "etiquette" rules that are for this forum are in addition to the site rules, which have been revised recently.

Political board etiquette:

"The topics on this sub-board may be highly inflammatory.

In order to maintain a civil discussion, please be reminded of this forum rule in particular:

Harassment occurs when a user targets another individual to cause distress, embarrassment, unwanted attention, or other personal discomfort. We do not condone harassment in any form. While you may disagree with someone's point of view, personal attacks, or attacks based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disablement or other such affiliation, are prohibited. If you have a disagreement with someone's point of view, address the subject, not the person."

The bolded sentence is still very important, and seems to be frequently ignored.

I don't want a mod to look like a tool because someone doesn't know the concept of "don't post retarded cliche stereotypes of political parties"

I knew coming on as LM that this board would be the most problematic due to the nature of the topics discussed here. Political topics generally get heated a bit, and many posts are often borderline rule-breakers. The rules are a bit vague in some respects though: as I see it, there is no rule that specifically says "Don't post lame stereotypes of political parties".

As a moderator, I try my best to remain neutral and interpret the existing rules as best I can, but too much mudslinging has occurred here recently. No one likes to see threads locked or removed, and I'm sure no one wants to get a warning from me or another mod for posting things that violate the guidelines.

Since the updated rules and their subsequent discussion were posted in PPP, some people who mainly post on the political boards may have missed them. Please read (or reread) this thread:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=25468

I do think muzzling socio-political debate might be more trouble than it's worth.

Here are the difficulties:

Who gets to decide what is too controversial?  You can't really talk about popular culture without politics, religion, and social controversy because these are integral to popular culture itself.  For instance, if you talk about the '80s without mentioning the rise of the Christian Right, Iran-Contra, Jim & Tammy, Perestroika, Reaganomics, PMRC, etc., etc., you know what you wind up with?  VH-1's "I Love the '80s," and that's an awfully thin soup.  Sorry, Pac-Man and the Rubiks Cube are not what made the '80s the '80s.

That's just an example.

You bring up a lot of valid points, Max. I have spent a lot of time looking at posts here, and it's often a headache to decide which ones are "too political". I feel that any moderator is going to have roughly the same view as I. I also don't want to stifle free speech, but something needs to change, which is why ChuckyG made this thread.

The point is not to have censorship, as long as the topics can be discussed with an air of common courtesy without degenerating into "you suck" and "blow me".

Bingo!

If there's a greater emphasis on the "no name calling" rule that might help a lot to weed out all the crap. 

I don't think there should be a "hard line" against language in general because it's hard to detect sarcasm and humor sometimes in the printed word.  But blatant stuff like "you commie pig" should be dealt with.

Agreed.

Cat

Thanks Cat. I can do that, but it also means I'm going to be editing or wiping posts more often, and possibly sending warnings/banning members. I would feel like a tool to ban someone for basically saying "Board member XXXX sucks!" twice, but if that's how things have to be, then so be it.

I don't want to see this board go either. I have to partially credit it for getting me interested in political issues, and for bringing up things that news channels seem to never report.

For now though, and to address why this thread was started in the first place, here are my suggestions:

~Post the site rules and etiquette rules of this board on a thread which is stickied.

~In addition to what is already there, add (or bold):

~~NO PERSONAL ATTACKS.

~~Name calling of any form will not be tolerated. See above.

~~Refrain from using absolutes. If you belong to Party X, don't say that all members of Party Y are whatever. It's insulting, and it's usually incorrect.

*Although politics hasn't been one of my strong suits, it's been my observation that one is almost automatically wrong when using absolutes of any form when discussing politics, and their use is especially inflammatory when people say crap like "All Liberals are baby killers" and "All Conservatives are Bible-thumpers". Again, this goes to calling people names. See above.

~~Don't post stereotypes of political parties either.

~~Have some respect for other's viewpoints. Common courtesy is just that, and don't think that because you are posting over the Internet that your words will not have the same impact as conversing in person.

~~Sarcasm does not come across well in text form. We suggest you limit the amount of it you use, or only use it with those members who you feel will understand and/or appreciate it.

~~If you see a post that violates the guidelines, quote it and report it, but do not respond to it. Two wrongs do not make a right.  Moderators will delete your quoted post as well as the one in violation, but will take no actions against the member who quoted the post, provided they did not respond to it. To make it crystal clear: Do not respond to posts that violate the site rules!

~~Think for yourself. Inthe00s.com is not averse to discussing political issues, but that is not the primary focus of the site.  If you want to spew out party line rhetoric, join or make a blog. You'll be happier and so will we.

*This asterisked paragraph would not be included in any set of rules, it's just my own thought.

I welcome any and all comments, concerns, questions, changes, suggestions , etc. regarding the above.

Jack

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/20/07 at 12:20 am

~~Refrain from using absolutes. If you belong to Party X, don't say that all members of Party Y are whatever. It's insulting, and it's almost always incorrect.

*Although politics hasn't been one of my strong suits, it's been my observation that one is almost automatically wrong when using absolutes of any form when discussing politics, and their use is especially inflammatory when people say crap like "All Liberals are baby killers" and "All Conservatives are Bible-thumpers". Again, this goes to calling people names. See above.

I am 100% on board with those suggestions. 

Written By: Tam on 03/20/07 at 12:39 am

Spring break takes me away and I return to find this.
I guess I have missed a bit huh?

Cat - you are right in choosing Red Ant to mod this board. I do not generally frequent this board, unless there is a report that hasn't been taken care of. I am ignorant when it comes to a lot of political views etc, thus why I don't participate much. And because of my ignorance, I have a hard time defining what is ok to say and what isn't. It is no problem for me at all on the other boards, but in here, sometimes it gets so hot that I get up and leave the sauna. ;) Not only that - it amazes me how people think that hiding their attacks by using big words will somehow be missed by mods. If your post is vague because of the use of said 'big words', people tend to assume. When we assume it makes an ass out of u and me!

If I may reiterate what has already been said but add a little bit to it.... when one person gets attacked we see a flocking of other members to their defense. This is normal and the same reaction would be taken/given in a social setting. But lately, not only on the politics board but also on many of our other boards, there seems to be a lot of undue sarcasm with many others jumping on board to participate in the slaughter. I do not see the humor in this, nor do I appreciate having to read it over and over again in countless threads. Most of us here are adults and we should act as such.

That's my 2 cents.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/20/07 at 9:23 am

Political board etiquette:

"The topics on this sub-board may be highly inflammatory.

In order to maintain a civil discussion, please be reminded of this forum rule in particular:

Harassment occurs when a user targets another individual to cause distress, embarrassment, unwanted attention, or other personal discomfort. We do not condone harassment in any form. While you may disagree with someone's point of view, personal attacks, or attacks based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disablement or other such affiliation, are prohibited. If you have a disagreement with someone's point of view, address the subject, not the person."

The bolded sentence is still very important, and seems to be frequently ignored.

I knew coming on as LM that this board would be the most problematic due to the nature of the topics discussed here. Political topics generally get heated a bit, and many posts are often borderline rule-breakers. The rules are a bit vague in some respects though: as I see it, there is no rule that specifically says "Don't post lame stereotypes of political parties".

As a moderator, I try my best to remain neutral and interpret the existing rules as best I can, but too much mudslinging has occurred here recently. No one likes to see threads locked or removed, and I'm sure no one wants to get a warning from me or another mod for posting things that violate the guidelines.

Since the updated rules and their subsequent discussion were posted in PPP, some people who mainly post on the political boards may have missed them. Please read (or reread) this thread:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=25468

You bring up a lot of valid points, Max. I have spent a lot of time looking at posts here, and it's often a headache to decide which ones are "too political". I feel that any moderator is going to have roughly the same view as I. I also don't want to stifle free speech, but something needs to change, which is why ChuckyG made this thread.

Bingo!

Agreed.

Thanks Cat. I can do that, but it also means I'm going to be editing or wiping posts more often, and possibly sending warnings/banning members. I would feel like a tool to ban someone for basically saying "Board member XXXX sucks!" twice, but if that's how things have to be, then so be it.

I don't want to see this board go either. I have to partially credit it for getting me interested in political issues, and for bringing up things that news channels seem to never report.

For now though, and to address why this thread was started in the first place, here are my suggestions:

~Post the site rules and etiquette rules of this board on a thread which is stickied.

~In addition to what is already there, add (or bold):

~~NO PERSONAL ATTACKS.

~~Name calling of any form will not be tolerated. See above.

~~Refrain from using absolutes. If you belong to Party X, don't say that all members of Party Y are whatever. It's insulting, and it's usually incorrect.

~~Have some respect for other's viewpoints. Common courtesy is just that, and don't think that because you are posting over the Internet that your words will not have the same impact as conversing in person.

~~Sarcasm does not come across well in text form. We suggest you limit the amount of it you use, or only use it with those members who you feel will understand and/or appreciate it.

~~If you see a post that violates the guidelines, quote it and report it, but do not respond to it. Two wrongs do not make a right.  Moderators will delete your quoted post as well as the one in violation, but will take no actions against the member who quoted the post, provided they did not respond to it. To make it crystal clear: Do not respond to posts that violate the site rules!

~~Think for yourself. Inthe00s.com is not averse to discussing political issues, but that is not the primary focus of the site.  If you want to spew out party line rhetoric, join or make a blog. You'll be happier and so will we.

*This asterisked paragraph would not be included in any set of rules, it's just my own thought.

I welcome any and all comments, concerns, questions, changes, suggestions , etc. regarding the above.

Jack

As always, it helps to have some outside views. I know you and Tam are not active on this board as the other boards, so it helps to have some people moderators who can remain a little more impartial than most.

I think the line about sarcasm could probably be added to the general system rules.  Often times I see things reported on the site that I can spot as sarcasm, but only because I used to be quite sarcastic (don't know when that changed, but I don't seem to do it anymore). It's really a childish type of humor and is a little mean even when you can tell what it is.

Would it be more instructive to people if instead of deleting the rule breaking items, we use the strike out tags around it and maybe place an explanation at the end of the message as to why it was flagged?  I'm not sure if the extra work is worth it initially or not.  The old policy was to just delete the post and PM the offending party.  The volume of topics is somewhat low at the moment, so maybe it wouldn't be too hard.

I'm going to use most of the suggestions you posted and make a new stickied top post for this board.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/20/07 at 9:28 am

I think the line about sarcasm could probably be added to the general system rules.  Often times I see things reported on the site that I can spot as sarcasm, but only because I used to be quite sarcastic (don't know when that changed, but I don't seem to do it anymore). It's really a childish type of humor and is a little mean even when you can tell what it is.

Sarcasm may be okay as long as it's not focused at members...?

Would it be more instructive to people if instead of deleting the rule breaking items, we use the strike out tags around it and maybe place an explanation at the end of the message as to why it was flagged?  I'm not sure if the extra work is worth it initially or not.  The old policy was to just delete the post and PM the offending party.  The volume of topics is somewhat low at the moment, so maybe it wouldn't be too hard.

Strike-out would still allow the offensive part of the message to be read.  If the mod were to delete that part of the post, he should copy/quote it in the PM to the member informing them why it was bad instead of leaving it in strike-out.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/20/07 at 9:32 am

Sarcasm may be okay as long as it's not focused at members...?

For the politics board, I'd say no sarcasm at all.  For the rest of the site, I guess so. 

Strike-out would still allow the offensive part of the message to be read.  If the mod were to delete that part of the post, he should copy/quote it in the PM to the member informing them why it was bad instead of leaving it in strike-out.

yeah, I was thinking that.  I'm not sure if it would just encourage more people to want to respond to it or not, so maybe just cut and send to the person.  I'm thinking along the lines of "show people what is not allowed", but maybe it just makes the person who is guilty look bad.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/20/07 at 9:46 am

oh, as far as making Red Ant in charge of this board, I think he's got too many other things to keep him occupied at the moment.

he's...

...cleaning up the arcade games (thumbnail images, descriptions)
...a lead moderator
...an editor on amIright in charge of several pages
...message moderator on amIright.

Each task alone is enough for one person to do. So yeah, right man for the job, but I'm not dumping more on his shoulders. >grin<

The best person for the job, is probably someone who doesn't post on the politics board much, is party neutral, and has moderated somewhere else before.

It's not to say he can't pop in and clean stuff as he finds it, but ultimately I think I want to task someone with JUST this board, who will also maybe start more topics too.  There's a lot of serious issues that don't even get threads started lately, or they get started days after they occur.  A politics board should be a little more current than this one has been. 

I have no problems with keeping the politics board, so long as we do it right.  Otherwise it's a cancer that will make people steer clear of the site in general.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/20/07 at 9:53 am

^ Yes, I would like to see more topics as well.  It would also be great if the board moderator could foster a forum for general information about current events, not just debate.  Life is kind of busy and hectic for me these days, so I don't follow the news as closely as I'd like to, but I'm in the habit of checking out the board every day.

Just a thought...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/20/07 at 9:57 am

oh, as far as making Red Ant in charge of this board, I think he's got too many other things to keep him occupied at the moment.

he's...

...cleaning up the arcade games (thumbnail images, descriptions)
...a lead moderator
...an editor on amIright in charge of several pages
...message moderator on amIright.

Each task alone is enough for one person to do. So yeah, right man for the job, but I'm not dumping more on his shoulders. >grin<

Why don't you dump the arcade stuff on Whistledog since he's always in the arcade anyway, and then let Red Ant do the politics board?  :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/20/07 at 10:07 am

Why don't you dump the arcade stuff on Whistledog since he's always in the arcade anyway, and then let Red Ant do the politics board?  :D

even if I did that, I'd still feel like it's too much for Red Ant to be doing.  Red Ant and IndyGent both have a lot more stuff on the sites than I would normally let one person handle at a time.  I worry a little about the quality of the work they can do when they have so many responsibilities, but I also worry that the volume will wear them out or discourage them.  I'd rather have two people who don't feel stressed doing the same amount of work as one person who might get stressed out by it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/20/07 at 10:08 am

Oh is that where Whistledog hangs out?  Funny, I've never been to the arcade board one single time in all the time I've been a member here!
:-\\

Written By: Red Ant on 03/20/07 at 10:12 am

I'll pass. The arcade only requires fixing once, whereas the political board is too dynamic for me to keep a close eye on for any amount of time.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/20/07 at 10:13 am

even if I did that, I'd still feel like it's too much for Red Ant to be doing.  Red Ant and IndyGent both have a lot more stuff on the sites than I would normally let one person handle at a time.  I worry a little about the quality of the work they can do when they have so many responsibilities, but I also worry that the volume will wear them out or discourage them.  I'd rather have two people who don't feel stressed doing the same amount of work as one person who might get stressed out by it.

I nominate Rice Cube.  He's very even-keeled.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/20/07 at 11:36 am

I'd be willing to take do it, there's not really a lot of work for me to do right now on the food board, and I spend a lot of time around here. I've been thinking for a while that this section out of all them needs a specific moderator the most.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/20/07 at 11:43 am

I'd be willing to take do it, there's not really a lot of work for me to do right now on the food board, and I spend a lot of time around here. I've been thinking for a while that this section out of all them needs a specific moderator the most.

Brian, I think you'd do a great job!  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/20/07 at 11:54 am

Brian, I think you'd do a great job!  :)

I agree with Ash. I think you would do a really great job, Brian. And karma for volunteering for such hazardrous duty.

Cat

Written By: Red Ant on 03/20/07 at 12:01 pm

I had you in mind, but I didn't want to put you on the spot, heh heh.

You'll do great.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/20/07 at 12:10 pm

Yeah, let Brian do it so I don't have to HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa!!!

;)

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 03/20/07 at 12:28 pm

1 more vote for Brian.

AFA sarcasm, I don't think it needs to be eliminated altogether (it's pretty darned funny sometimes) BUT, I think if someone's going to USE sarcasm, they should say so.  I know I've done it a few times where I post something, skip down a few lines and put "^ sarcasm" or simply put "SARCASM: *post*".  I think there have been a few times people have been really degrading and used the "I was being sarcastic" excuse when they're called out on it.

AFA the "quote the offensive post" suggestion, I don't really agree with that.  If you quote it, then it's suddenly deleted, people are going to know you reported it and retaliate (which HAS happened).  I say just ignore it and report it.

Other than that, I like RedAnt's suggestions. O0

Written By: Tam on 03/20/07 at 12:29 pm

Brian would do a great job!

I was thinking of WindBreaker05 for the position as well.

So many times I have seen WB05 keep his cool in any situation. He would be an excellent candidate. ;)

Written By: spaceace on 03/20/07 at 12:34 pm

I nominate CatwomanPV, she's on a pretty even keel.

If I had my way, I'd have both Mushroom and Maxwell Smart do the job.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/20/07 at 12:38 pm

I was thinking of WindBreaker05 for the position as well.

So many times I have seen WB05 keep his cool in any situation. He would be an excellent candidate. ;)

You're nominating me to moderate the political board? Have I offended you in some way?  :\'(

;)

But, seriously, way to go Brian for volunteering to take it on. You have my vote of support too.

Written By: Tam on 03/20/07 at 12:39 pm

You're nominating me to moderate the political board? Have I offended you in some way?  :\'(

;)

But, seriously, way to go Brian for volunteering to take it on. You have my vote of support too.

Mahaha!!
Yes you have!! Now take thineself to the guillotine!!! ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 03/20/07 at 12:40 pm

1 more vote for Brian.

AFA sarcasm, I don't think it needs to be eliminated altogether (it's pretty darned funny sometimes) BUT, I think if someone's going to USE sarcasm, they should say so.  I know I've done it a few times where I post something, skip down a few lines and put "^ sarcasm" or simply put "SARCASM: *post*".  I think there have been a few times people have been really degrading and used the "I was being sarcastic" excuse when they're called out on it.

AFA the "quote the offensive post" suggestion, I don't really agree with that.  If you quote it, then it's suddenly deleted, people are going to know you reported it and retaliate (which HAS happened).  I say just ignore it and report it.

Other than that, I like RedAnt's suggestions. O0

Thanks. The quoting part came from people deleting their posts before the moderators could see it, and that left everyone else to brew in arguments to a now non-existant post.  I see the problem you are pointing out though. A quote is not 100% proof anyway that someone said what they said, so yeah, the whole quoting idea should go. Reporting and not responding would be better.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 03/20/07 at 12:45 pm

Thanks. The quoting part came from people deleting their posts before the moderators could see it, and that left everyone else to brew in arguments to a now non-existant post.  I see the problem you are pointing out though. A quote is not 100% proof anyway that someone said what they said, so yeah, the whole quoting idea should go. Reporting and not responding would be better.

Well, if they delete it on their own before the mods see it, problem solved ;)  If someone's going to brew over it, they're still going to no matter who deletes it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/20/07 at 12:53 pm

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours

Thanks for the nomination but I don't think that I am THAT much of a glutton for punishment.  ;)

Cat

Written By: spaceace on 03/20/07 at 12:56 pm

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours

Thanks for the nomination but I don't think that I am THAT much of a glutton for punishment.  ;)

Cat

Kinda thought you'd say that.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/20/07 at 1:16 pm

Brian is the first to nominate himself, and people seem to agree, so I say it's all his.  Good luck, you'll need it >grin<

I agree with the "quoting" part, I was not sure if that was really needed or not.  The anonymous angle is what makes the report tool work better in my opinion anyways.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/20/07 at 1:18 pm

Brian is the first to nominate himself, and people seem to agree, so I say it's all his.  Good luck, you'll need it >grin<

I agree with the "quoting" part, I was not sure if that was really needed or not.  The anonymous angle is what makes the report tool work better in my opinion anyways.

Perhaps you could ask the user to be proactive if they feel that a record should be made...i.e., PM a moderator with the quoted offensive post so that it's not publicly in the thread and thus the reporting member does not incriminate him/herself.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/20/07 at 1:19 pm

Thanks Chuck, I promise I will be watching this board closely, I've seen it get way out of hand all too much lately. I'll try my best to try and prevent it from getting that bad again.  :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/20/07 at 1:20 pm

Thanks Chuck, I promise I will be watching this board closely, I've seen it get way out of hand all too much lately. I'll try my best to try and prevent it from getting that bad again.  :)

Yay Brian!  Abuse your modly powers!  :D

Just kidding, you'll do fine.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/20/07 at 4:47 pm

I know you'll do just fine Brian.  I'm glad the politics board is getting its own special attention.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/20/07 at 5:30 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/sign10.gif

Thanks....but no thanks!  Brian will do a splendid job.

Written By: thereshegoes on 03/20/07 at 5:34 pm

Good luck Bri,don't be too harsh,ok? ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/20/07 at 5:42 pm

Hey Brian, How much do you charge for NOT deleting a post?  ;)  :D :D ;D ;D ;D

J/K.

Cat

Written By: Davester on 03/20/07 at 6:57 pm

How, in your opinion, has the board gotten "out of hand"..?

~Expression: There is a certain degree of free expression going on here that I support.  I'm never sure what to think of it in its extreme degrees, though...
~Priorities: People choose to represent what's important to them...
~Literacy... 

"You're an idiot, if you think that..."

"I cannot see what idiocy would compel me to believe that..."

I think it comes down to reading comprehension in many cases. But if two people read the same sentence and comprehend different aspects of what it says, there is an issue of reading comprehension afoot that must be reconciled in order to explain the difference in perception...

So, of course, this place will become ultimately boring and uninspiring if we reign in the passions, and the problematic aspect of why that will happen comes with priorities and literacy.  I'm sure you can see the issues that arise when identity politics and poor reading comprehension come together and suddenly someone's complaining about the mere passion of a post...

One person's good point is another person's "deliberate personal attack..."

Good luck and keep ;) grooving...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/20/07 at 7:18 pm

Questioning other people's "reading comprehension" is really rude.  And I can't believe you haven't seen how hostile this place has been the last couple of weeks.  Chucky wouldn't have felt the need to say something, to redefine the rules for this board if things hadn't gotten out of hand. 

Written By: Davester on 03/20/07 at 7:46 pm

Questioning other people's "reading comprehension" is really rude. 

That statement (your reaction) is kinda what I'm talking about, Electrophile...

And I can't believe you haven't seen how hostile this place has been the last couple of weeks.  Chucky wouldn't have felt the need to say something, to redefine the rules for this board if things hadn't gotten out of hand. 

It slays me in general that some of my best underhanded slams go unnoticed while people are willing to invent a sense of insult out of thin air about other things in order to have an issue...

I have a few things to say about provocateurs and haters that I'll get around to at some point.  We've always had furious discussions here; my history is thick with them.  The Bush administration, September 11, and the Iraqi Bush Adventure brought new levels of acrimony to P&R, though superficial agitation had been building for a long time...

I'm not questioning Chucky's rules.  I'm confident that young Brian will exersise common sense, good judgement and restraint in his new job, but sooner or later he's going to have to find something that pays better... :P

Written By: Davester on 03/20/07 at 7:51 pm

Is she wrong though?

What do you think..?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/20/07 at 9:53 pm

Agreed, sometimes the topic at hand, goes off topic, or filled with you suck, and no, you suck, and so and so forth.

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/20/07 at 10:20 pm

Scene:  A Republican and a Democrat show up at the pearly gates.  They look like they've been through hell.

St. Peter:  So, how'd you two end up here?
Democrat:  Well, we were talking politics.
Republican:  In America.
Democrat:  When it was on the verge of civil war.
Republican:  And I pointed my gun at the fascist across the street and screamed "Everyone in your party sucks!"
Democrat:  And I pointed my gun at the baby-killer across the street and screamed "Everyone in your party sucks!"
St. Peter:  So that's why you both look so beaten-up and bloody?
Democrat:  No, we were standing there in the middle of the street shaking hands!
Republican:  We'd finally found our common ground!
Both:  And that's when that damn truck ran us over!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/20/07 at 10:22 pm

That's brilliant!  Instead of blaming the appropriate party, we'll blame the damned truck!

:D :D

Written By: Red Ant on 03/21/07 at 1:29 am

Although this question was not addressed to me, I can tell you that this board has been problematic recently, and I'd be lying if I didn't say if I hadn't considered sending out official warnings (as opposed to friendly reminders, which I have done) to several people. At least one thread was split and deleted due to all the personal mudslinging that ensued there - 12 or so pages lost. In hindsight, I should have locked the "Left vs Right" thread around page 14.

So, of course, this place will become ultimately boring and uninspiring if we reign in the passions...

Ah, but we don't want to reign in the passion. I'd love nothing more to see thoughtful, deep, and passionate debate about topics for which board members feel strongly, but without the personal stuff that tends to come along with such posts.

I don't see it that way. If I give the reasons why I'm pro-gun (and I have), I can do it without saying "So and so is an imbecile for not thinking the way I do".

By the way, one of my first posts to this board was on the topic of abortion. I think I conducted myself quite well, even though I was debating Harmonica.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/21/07 at 1:44 am

A number of threads lately have devolved into people shouting personal attacks at each other. Usually what I've seen is you'll have someone who have a strong view this one subject and they will post how they feel, then you'll have people who hold the opposite view start arguing with said person, everybody takes their sides and the thread just turns into childish bickering. The "Left vs. Right" thread as Red Ant said is a recent example. Instead of being a proper debate, it just turns into pages and pages of insults and bickering, that's not what this board is for.

Written By: karen on 03/21/07 at 6:07 am

I'm sure I've asked this before but when a post is reported to a moderator does a copy of the post get sent or just a reference to which thread it is?  Occasionally I've reported a post and then the post has either deleted it or totally rewritten it.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 03/21/07 at 7:39 am

Questioning other people's "reading comprehension" is really rude.  And I can't believe you haven't seen how hostile this place has been the last couple of weeks.  Chucky wouldn't have felt the need to say something, to redefine the rules for this board if things hadn't gotten out of hand. 
I don't think he meant it as "how well you read", but "how you interpret something."  Each of us brings our own perspective into our posts and that perspective makes us interpret things in different ways.  For example, if you agree with something, you're less likely to see it as offensive and vice versa if you disagree with something.

That being said, yes, there HAS been quite a bit of hostility in here.  When people make comments regarding the lack of intelligence/ethics/whatever of a certain group or superiority of another, members of that group are undersandably going to react.  Personally, I don't believe that pointing out errors in someone's argument should be seen as attacking them, and I hope that it doesn't devolve into a situation where we can't, because that's the whole point of debate and it would be REALLY boring if we all sat around singing "Kumbaya."

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/21/07 at 7:50 am

I'm sure I've asked this before but when a post is reported to a moderator does a copy of the post get sent or just a reference to which thread it is?  Occasionally I've reported a post and then the post has either deleted it or totally rewritten it.

it sends just a link to it.  I'm sure if someone edits out something really offensive, we'd hear about it anyways

Written By: Tia on 03/21/07 at 8:03 am

A new political party needs to emerge.  ...

Its sole purpose will be to tear down any institution of value and to disparage any person of virtue. 

i think that party's already been running things for the past six years bro. :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/21/07 at 12:44 pm

Although this question was not addressed to me, I can tell you that this board has been problematic recently, and I'd be lying if I didn't say if I hadn't considered sending out official warnings (as opposed to friendly reminders, which I have done) to several people. At least one thread was split and deleted due to all the personal mudslinging that ensued there - 12 or so pages lost. In hindsight, I should have locked the "Left vs Right" thread around page 14.

I threatened to lock the thread (since it was my thread) and people seemed to chill out at that point.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/21/07 at 5:04 pm

The level of rancor on this board is minimal compared to what I see on other sites.  Check out the remarks after any political clip posted on YouTube!  They're about as civil as prison riot!

I think the guidelines for commentary on this board have been quite effective. 

The "personal attacks" I've seen tend to be out of frustration witih another party's manner of debating.  I don't see the vicious personal assaults on the characters of others that I have seen elsewhere.

A few people who will go unmentioned have been deliberately obnoxious for the sake of being obnoxious.  I don't think that's a good idea.

I would prefer, "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen," but it's not up to me.

The reason for moderating threads on this board should be to prevent discussions from degenerating into mean-spirited banter.  Keep the exchange of ideas vigorous.  Forbid profanity.  Forbid abusive behavior.  That's about it.  If you try to micromanage threads to insure nobody gets their feelings hurt, you will end up stifling debate.  That's the prerogative of the moderators.  If the mods are willing to declare the politics board is arbitrarily restricted, I won't argue.  However, if you're going to establish politically correct speech codes, please be open about what they are. 

Written By: Gis on 03/22/07 at 11:49 am

So, of course, this place will become ultimately boring and uninspiring if we reign in the passions, and the problematic aspect of why that will happen comes with priorities and literacy.  I'm sure you can see the issues that arise when identity politics and poor reading comprehension come together and suddenly someone's complaining about the mere passion of a post...

Good luck and keep ;) grooving...
So are you saying you can't have a passionate debate without bad grammer and insults?

I think there is a very, very obvious line between a 'good point' made to express another point of view and a 'personal attack'!!

Written By: Marian on 03/22/07 at 12:09 pm

It seems both sides of the political spectrum on this board have almost zero ability to discuss politics properly (much like cable news). 

Gross insulting over generalizations seem to plague every thread (Dems. are baby killers, Republicans are racists).

People are attacked, not the topics at hand.

I really don't see the point of a board like this if it's not going to have discussion that can rise above the single-sided partisan crap that fills every political blog on the web.  I refuse to read that crap on other sites, and I sure as hell don't want to read it here.

I've stickied this thread.  Suggest rules we can all live by, that make sense and maybe we can appoint someone to enforce those rules.  If it can't be done properly, it isn't really worth doing.
isn't that the reason to keep it a separate board so people don't have to read that stuff in the regular board if they don't want to? ??? ::)

Written By: Davester on 03/22/07 at 6:31 pm

So are you saying you can't have a passionate debate without bad grammer and insults?

I think there is a very, very obvious line between a 'good point' made to express another point of view and a 'personal attack'!!

I don't wish to belabor this but who said anything about bad grammar, LOL..!  Not moi...

To the rest, this thread was inevitable and good thing.  I hope it helps...

groove ;) on all...

Written By: karen on 03/23/07 at 8:07 am

I don't wish to belabor this but who said anything about bad grammar, LOL..!  Not moi...

you did mention something about literacy

Written By: Davester on 03/23/07 at 8:39 am

you did mention something about literacy

But not bad grammar... ;)

Written By: Gis on 03/23/07 at 11:43 am

To the rest, this thread was inevitable and good thing.  I hope it helps...

groove ;) on all...
Ok so I should have said literacy not grammer! Anyway to me you are proving the point as we spell it 'belabour' not 'belabor'  ;)

To go of at a slight tangent, my sister has a friend who swears.....alot, like every second word is a profanity. I find it very hard to have any kind of seroius conversation/discussion with him because the point gets lost in all the bad language.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/23/07 at 2:02 pm

Ok so I should have said literacy not grammer! Anyway to me you are proving the point as we spell it 'belabour' not 'belabor'  ;)

To go of at a slight tangent, my sister has a friend who swears.....alot, like every second word is a profanity. I find it very hard to have any kind of seroius conversation/discussion with him because the point gets lost in all the bad language.

I have known a few people like that. I think it is because their vocabulary is lacking and they can't find other adjectives to use.

Cat

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/23/07 at 4:02 pm

I have known a few people like that. I think it is because their vocabulary is lacking and they can't find other adjectives to use.

Cat

What an awesomely sweeping statement.

I believe it is wrong to label people who swear as people who don't have a good vocabulary.  My former roommate and good friend was an English minor and he swore like a sailor, but we would regularly battle each other to 200-300 point-a-piece games on Scrabble with the most obscure words imaginable.  It's just easier to say "#$#% you" with two syllables rather than "I believe you are wrong" with six syllables, no?  Or even replacing the latter statement with even bigger words.  Oooh, I'm so smart, I used a five-syllable word.  That only gets you points on English tests and Scrabble games.  If I can communicate in concise manner, I'm going to do it.

I mean, I wouldn't want to talk that way in front of my kid or my family, but in the company of friends, WTF not?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/23/07 at 4:03 pm

I believe it is wrong to label people who swear as people who don't have a good vocabulary.  My former roommate and good friend was an English minor and he swore like a sailor, but we would regularly battle each other to 200-300 point-a-piece games on Scrabble with the most obscure words imaginable.  It's just easier to say "#$#% you" with two syllables rather than "I believe you are wrong" with six syllables, no?  Or even replacing the latter statement with even bigger words.  Oooh, I'm so smart, I used a five-syllable word.  That only gets you points on English tests and Scrabble games.  If I can communicate in concise manner, I'm going to do it.

I mean, I wouldn't want to talk that way in front of my kid or my family, but in the company of friends, WTF not?

Karma for making me want to have your babies.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/23/07 at 4:05 pm

Karma for making me want to have your babies.

Sorry friend, I've chosen my vagina-for-life :)

Written By: Sister Morphine on 03/23/07 at 4:05 pm

Sorry friend, I've chosen my vagina-for-life :)

Damn.  That's okay.  I'll just have to be content with letting my friend be your vagina-for-life.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/23/07 at 4:15 pm

I was talking about the people who I knew. It is one thing when a couple of friends get together and the way they speak to each other (I have been know to use a few "choice" words myself). But, the people I knew didn't know how to speak any other way. I was not talking generally, I was talking about specific people here.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/23/07 at 6:01 pm

Ok so I should have said literacy not grammer!

Spelling is just a TV mogul after all!
:-\\

Written By: Davester on 03/23/07 at 6:23 pm

*opsh...*

How silly of me....

When an Englishman talks about kicking my arse, I laugh at their politeness.  When an American talks about kicking my ass, I better believe it..! :P

You should hear me at work: "I went up the effin' stairs to check the effin' thing and that effin' a-hole told me to turn of the effin' thing now everything's all effed up...

Written By: Davester on 04/07/07 at 10:36 am

Been kind of slow since this here thread...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193336/sad-smiley-068.gif

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 11:35 am

Been kind of slow since this here thread...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-6/1193336/sad-smiley-068.gif

commie! why do you hate freedom?

there. that should spice things up. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/07/07 at 11:44 am

Oh forget it.  Let's go get a beer or something...

Written By: Tia on 04/07/07 at 11:54 am

i bet you guys all drink imports, cuz you all hate america! >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/07/07 at 11:59 am

i bet you guys all drink imports, cuz you all hate america! >:(

No, I'm not worthy of the honor of drinking Miller-Lite!

Check for new replies or respond here...