» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Tony Snow says president must let his senior advisers testify under oath

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/22/07 at 8:11 am

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/news_theswamp/2007/03/snow_swallows_h.html

"In order to exonerate the chief, aides have made fantastic claims: that they lied to their personal diaries, that Velcro-brained lawyers couldn't recall crucial incidents, that files vanished or moved from one place to another as if by magic, that scores of people with nothing to gain from lying nevertheless perjured themselves, and that this contagion of amnesia, sloppiness and venality was just the gosh darnedest series of coincidences ever witnessed by man or beast.

oh wait.  He meant other presidents, not the current one.

Subject: Re: Tony Snow says president must let his senior advisers testify under oath

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/22/07 at 11:52 am

I really want to chime in on this, but my reply would consist of mostly calling the Republicans bad names, so I guess I'll zip it.  :-X  ;)

Subject: Re: Tony Snow says president must let his senior advisers testify under oath

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/22/07 at 5:05 pm

^ This is where the majority of Republicans might abandon the Bush White House.  Their PR and their loyalists in the media have not been able to put a positive spin on this.  They've tried to frame it as an argument for the neccessity of confidentiality, but it's not selling.  Nixon redux.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/22/07 at 5:07 pm

^ This is where the majority of Republicans might abandon the Bush White House.  Their PR and their loyalists in the media have not been able to put a positive spin on this.  They've tried to frame it as an argument for the neccessity of confidentiality, but it's not selling.  Nixon redux.

The talking point on Fox News and the rest of the noise machine seems to be that Valerie Plume is evil and lying.  However she testified in front of Congress and was sworn in.  Shouldn't we gather from that, that these folks are even less trustworthy?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/22/07 at 5:25 pm

The talking point on Fox News and the rest of the noise machine seems to be that Valerie Plume is evil and lying.  However she testified in front of Congress and was sworn in.  Shouldn't we gather from that, that these folks are even less trustworthy?

Now just a cotton-pickin' minute!  Of course she's evil and lying.  Jesus talks to Dubya in person.  Who talks to Plame?  Some buncha lawyers?  I don't see no halo over VP's head, just a lot of blonde hair!  You know why Dubya stands hunched over, it's 'coz that halo's so big and heavy.  You don't see it?  Get yourself Saved and you'll see it too.
Just ask Stephen Colbert!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/angel5.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/22/07 at 6:36 pm

Now just a cotton-pickin' minute!  Of course she's evil and lying.  Jesus talks to Dubya in person.  Who talks to Plame?  Some buncha lawyers?  I don't see no halo over VP's head, just a lot of blonde hair!  You know why Dubya stands hunched over, it's 'coz that halo's so big and heavy.  You don't see it?  Get yourself Saved and you'll see it too.
Just ask Stephen Colbert!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/angel5.gif

You should read "Destined for Destiny: The Unauthorized Autobiography of George W. Bush".  There are pics of him with Jesus standing behind in ALL of them (including on the aircraft carrier with the "infamous" "Mission Accomplished" speech.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...