» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Feinstein Resigns!!!.........................................(from subcommittee)

Written By: Davester on 03/31/07 at 10:48 pm

Feinstein Resigns

Curious.  This seems a fairly new story.  WorldNetDaily posted a couple of days ago, but just rehashed the Byrne story at MetroActive but I'm suprised the Pubs aren't balls deep in this one.  Feinstein has walked a fine line for years; if she's finally tripped over herself, we shouldn't be surprised.  But it's very hard to tell what the story actually is when the people telling it would rather puff their chests and make editorials out of sketchy facts...

Of course, her portfolio lacks that of a more Sr. politician.  She probably has enough points now to slip in a presidential bid.  Give the story a couple of days.  It might - just might - be that the real reporters are actually doing research on the story.  We'll see...

US Politicians, enough to make the devil blush groove ;) on...

Subject: Re: Feinstein Resigns!!!.........................................(from subcommittee)

Written By: nally on 03/31/07 at 10:52 pm

This is a shocker, at least to me. Especially since she's been a California state senator for several years. I wonder who's gonna replace her?? ???

Subject: Re: Feinstein Resigns!!!.........................................(from subcommittee)

Written By: Davester on 03/31/07 at 11:11 pm

Ain't a whole lot of buzz about this one.  I just caught it in passing.  Apparently, one of the worst gun-grabbers turns out to be brokering sweetheart deals for arms manufacturers...

Let's see what happens.  I mean, if this is all the neocons have to sling they are in worse shape than I thought groove ;) on...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/07 at 12:57 am

Blum? More like Scum!

Never liked Feinstein.  Jello Biafra was right about her.  He said--

I can't remember what he said, but he was right, that's for sure!
:-\\

Written By: Davester on 04/01/07 at 6:25 am

Blum? More like Scum!

Never liked Feinstein.  Jello Biafra was right about her.  He said--

I can't remember what he said, but he was right, that's for sure!
:-\\

Yeah, I know what you're talking about.  That thing Jello said wasn't a very nice thing to say, but hopefully Feinstein knew it was true (if it was true, at all...) and she felt pretty bad about it after he said it... :P

Subject: Re: Feinstein Resigns!!!.........................................(from subcommit

Written By: Tia on 04/01/07 at 11:18 am

well, the dems aren't going to talk about it because they wanna sweep it under the rug and the republicans aren't going to do it because they're not going to want to call attention to conflicts of interest regarding politicians and military contractors, for rather obvious reasons.

Subject: Re: Feinstein Resigns!!!.........................................(from subcommit

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/07 at 11:24 am

well, the dems aren't going to talk about it because they wanna sweep it under the rug and the republicans aren't going to do it because they're not going to want to call attention to conflicts of interest regarding politicians and military contractors, for rather obvious reasons.

I'd call her a whore, but her husband helped me rob the bank, so....

:P

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/07 at 11:57 am

Yeah, I know what you're talking about.  That thing Jello said wasn't a very nice thing to say, but hopefully Feinstein knew it was true (if it was true, at all...) and she felt pretty bad about it after he said it... :P

What did Jell-O say?  I am intrigued now.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/07 at 12:23 pm

What did Jell-O say?  I am intrigued now.

Jello Biafra (nee Eric Boucher), former lead singer/lyricist for the Dead Kennedys, social/political commentator/critic/activist since the late 1980s, called Dianne Feinstein "the Wicked Witch of San Francisco," among other things.

Jello ran for mayor of SF against Feinstein in 1979, has had a lifelong antipathy for her. 

It's funny, if Jello was as far to the right as he is to the left, he'd have his own Clear Channel syndicated radio program!
::)

Written By: Marian on 04/01/07 at 3:38 pm

I didn't even know that. :o

Check for new replies or respond here...