» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Orrin Hatch

Written By: Tia on 04/01/07 at 11:28 am

on the bright side, he wears very psychedelic ties.

http://history.sandiego.edu/gen/images3/hatch.jpg
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2002/Jul-09-Tue-2002/photos/home.jpg

on the dark side, he's a pain in the a88. gawd, i'm listening to him on, i think meet the press right now, and he's totally monopolizing the conversation. he's on opposite patrick leahy and he's going into these long repetitive diatribes that go on for five minutes at a shot and everytime leahy tries to say something he shouts him down, saying, "look, i didn't interrupt you! so don't interrupt me!" which is hilarious because leahy hasn't even hardly had a chance to say anything in the first place. how do you interrupt someone who's sitting there like a bump on a log? ???

sorry, just had to vent.

Subject: Re: Orrin Hatch

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/07 at 11:41 am

Capital punishment is our society's recognition of the sanctity of human life.

--Orrin Hatch

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/vogel.gif

Written By: Tia on 04/01/07 at 11:50 am

lol. yeah, that sounds like him.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/01/07 at 4:44 pm

Being a Utahn, Orrin Hatch is one of the banes of my existence.  First of all, the man is from Pennsylvania...he "moved" to Utah just in time to run for the Senate.  Secondly, he's been in the Senate for like 87 years - he will never ever ever be voted out.  Third, one of his biggest passions is writing Mormon hymns, and in his last official senate Christmas card he included sheet music from his newest masterpiece.  And I haven't even started on his political stances.  He makes me insane.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/07 at 5:38 pm

Being a Utahn, Orrin Hatch is one of the banes of my existence.  First of all, the man is from Pennsylvania...he "moved" to Utah just in time to run for the Senate.  Secondly, he's been in the Senate for like 87 years - he will never ever ever be voted out.  Third, one of his biggest passions is writing Mormon hymns, and in his last official senate Christmas card he included sheet music from his newest masterpiece.  And I haven't even started on his political stances.  He makes me insane.

We'll adopt Hatch if you promise to take Mitt back when he loses the nomination.  I'd like Hatch to have one term here as payback to all the Ted Kennedy-bashing liberals.  OK, now you guys are gonna pine for Teddy!  Believe it or not, Kennedy gets hit harder by his own constituents than he does by the right-wingers.  See, the Righties just call Ted a drunk and drive around with "Ted Kennedy's car: 1 / My assault rifle: 0" bumper stickers.  It's the liberals who go on scathing diatribes about TMK, then vote for him anyway!
::)

As bad as Hatch's Mormon hymns might be, I doubt they're as horrendous as John Ashcroft's patriotic anthems!

Written By: Dagwood on 04/01/07 at 5:47 pm

Hatch is the biggest moron on planet earth.  My mom worked for him when he was running for congress the first time.  She almost got fired for refusing to put one of his bumper stickers on her car. 

He is an overblown, pompous windbag.  He ran the first time on the stance that the other guy had been in Congress too long, well Hatch has been in longer than the other guy and he keeps getting re-elected.  I just wish he would go away...far far away. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/07 at 6:32 pm

Hatch is the biggest moron on planet earth.  My mom worked for him when he was running for congress the first time.  She almost got fired for refusing to put one of his bumper stickers on her car. 

He is an overblown, pompous windbag.  He ran the first time on the stance that the other guy had been in Congress too long, well Hatch has been in longer than the other guy and he keeps getting re-elected.  I just wish he would go away...far far away. 

I see, I see.  Just one question.  Care to make a donation to the re-elect Hatch campaign?
???

Written By: Tia on 04/01/07 at 8:08 pm

turns out hatch was involved with one of these prosecutors they put in, not to replace one of the ones who was fired, but one of the ones who quit. then it turns out the guy hatch put into office was involved with the tom delay redistricting in texas. so it's extra-amusing monsieur hatch would be so into going on the sunday talk shows talking about how there's nothing suspicious about the prosecutor firings. turns out he's got a dog in that fight.

Written By: spaceace on 04/01/07 at 8:56 pm

Rick S. was worse than Hatch.  :P

Written By: Tia on 04/01/07 at 9:18 pm

hatch is a blowhard, firebrand right-wing cleric but at least he's basically sane. rick santorum was C R A Z Y.

Written By: spaceace on 04/01/07 at 9:23 pm

hatch is a blowhard, firebrand right-wing cleric but at least he's basically sane. rick santorum was C R A Z Y.

Let's not get into Rick.  I could spend all night bitchin* about him.

You're right though about Hatch.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/01/07 at 10:20 pm

The only advantage to Rick being in the senate was at least you could keep an eye on him.  God knows what he's up to now!  Out of sight and out of his mind, like Charles Manson at the Spahn Ranch!
:o

Written By: Tia on 04/02/07 at 8:28 am

The only advantage to Rick being in the senate was at least you could keep an eye on him.  God knows what he's up to now!  Out of sight and out of his mind, like Charles Manson at the Spahn Ranch!
:o
yeah, now that we've got what's going on in iran right now the field is ripe for him to orchestrate some freaky arms-for-hostages scheme.

Written By: La Roche on 04/02/07 at 8:47 am

.. dude.. even I think Rick Sanitarium needed to be carried away.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/02/07 at 8:47 pm

I see, I see.  Just one question.  Care to make a donation to the re-elect Hatch campaign?
???

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...