» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Vermont's Impeachment Movement

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/14/07 at 1:41 pm

I'm sure this isn't news to anyone, well;, maybe our friends across the pond, but there is a strong grass roots movement in Vermont to impeach both Bush and Cheny.  In fact, the state senate voted for an impeachment resolution overwhelmingly, although the lower house defeated it.  We are now pressuring our lone rep in the house, Peter Welch, to introduce a resolution in DC.  Surprised this hasn't come up yet here.  Evan Doonsbury covered it.

Thoughts?

Subject: Re: Vermont's Impeachment Movement

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/14/07 at 1:59 pm

I was aware of Vermont trying to Impeach Bush and Cheney.  I think they mentioned it in the Salt Lake Tribune, my hometown newspaper.  The Salt Lake City Mayor, Rocky Anderson, is calling for their impeachment as well, and I think they mentioned other areas that were calling for the same.  It is causing quite a stir in right wing Utah.  There are people saying that he is wasting his time protesting the war and the President, and not focusing on the city.  However, there is hardly anyone within the city that are complaining, most of them dont even live in the city.

Not sure you saw him on the Bill 0' Reily show.  They said that o' Reily made Rocky look like a fool, but all he really did was shout and interupt Rocky to make him look like a bubbling idiot. Kind of lame in my opinion.  I appreciate the fact that there are politicians in the country who are not afraid to speak their minds as well as speak for the people who voted them into office.

I think there is a huge case supporting the movement to impeach these two.  If not impeached, there should be many in the administration that should be put in jail.  Clinton lied to the country about getting some in the Oval Office, with really all the harm being was something spilled on a dress.  Bush refuses to admit all the lies and scandals that have plagued his Presidency, and now we have a legacy of a failed invasion of Iraq with more and more troops dying everyday.  Oh, I think the first one is way worse.  >:(         

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/14/07 at 2:28 pm

The reasons for NOT impeaching:

-Revenge for Clinton
-Takes time away to do other important things
-Doesn't support the troops (this one I don't get).
-They will be out of office soon.

Reasons FOR impeaching:

-Warrentless phone taps (violation of FISA and Admendment IV of the Constitution)
-Torture (violation of the Geneva Conventions)
-Suspension of habus corpus (violation of Admendment V of the Constitution)
-Patriot Act (violation of Admendment IV of the Constitution)

These are the ones that come to my mind right now. I know there is much more. These guys make Richard Nixon look like Mother Thresea.

I was aware of Vermont trying to Impeach Bush and Cheney.  I think they mentioned it in the Salt Lake Tribune, my hometown newspaper.  The Salt Lake City Mayor, Rocky Anderson, is calling for their impeachment as well, and I think they mentioned other areas that were calling for the same.  It is causing quite a stir in right wing Utah.  There are people saying that he is wasting his time protesting the war and the President, and not focusing on the city.  However, there is hardly anyone within the city that are complaining, most of them dont even live in the city.

Not sure you saw him on the Bill 0' Reily show.  They said that o' Reily made Rocky look like a fool, but all he really did was shout and interupt Rocky to make him look like a bubbling idiot. Kind of lame in my opinion.  I appreciate the fact that there are politicians in the country who are not afraid to speak their minds as well as speak for the people who voted them into office.

I think there is a huge case supporting the movement to impeach these two.  If not impeached, there should be many in the administration that should be put in jail.  Clinton lied to the country about getting some in the Oval Office, with really all the harm being was something spilled on a dress.  Bush refuses to admit all the lies and scandals that have plagued his Presidency, and now we have a legacy of a failed invasion of Iraq with more and more troops dying everyday.  Oh, I think the first one is way worse.  >:(         

Yeah, we did catch him on Bill O'Reilly. If you ask me, I think Rocky made Bill look the fool. Bill went off with his usually blowhard way and Rocky said something like, "Why did you bring me on here just to yell at me and not let me talk?"

I do agree with you-Bush & Cheney (along with many others in the Administration) belong behind bars.

Cat

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/14/07 at 2:53 pm

-Revenge for Clinton

Reasons FOR impeaching:

-Warrentless phone taps (violation of FISA and Admendment IV of the Constitution)

These are the ones that come to my mind right now. I know there is much more. These guys make Richard Nixon look like Mother Thresea.

I think there is a huge case supporting the movement to impeach these two.  If not impeached, there should be many in the administration that should be put in jail.  Clinton lied to the country about getting some in the Oval Office, with really all the harm being was something spilled on a dress.  Bush refuses to admit all the lies and scandals that have plagued his Presidency, and now we have a legacy of a failed invasion of Iraq with more and more troops dying everyday.  Oh, I think the first one is way worse.   >:(         

Yeah, we did catch him on Bill O'Reilly. If you ask me, I think Rocky made Bill look the fool. Bill went off with his usually blowhard way and Rocky said something like, "Why did you bring me on here just to yell at me and not let me talk?"

I do agree with you-Bush & Cheney (along with many others in the Administration) belong behind bars.

Cat

Revenge for Clinton -  I could care less about Clinton, its in the past.

Doesn't support troops - Anything against the Bush Administration is considered against the troops. 

Takes time away to do more important things -  Like what, sit on your ass in the capitol and vote on whether to ban smoking in public places and vote yourself a raise.

They are almost out of office.  Does it really matter.  If you dont act, that just proves how corrupt America really has become.  The next Jo Blo from Bum Fawk Eqypt will become President and do the same things, because, failure to act means that the country just gave permission to continue doing the same illegal stuff.  It is the job of the supreme court, the house, and the senate to make sure that the President doesn't overstep his bounds as this country's leader.  Even if they are not removed, at least the Impeachment will document the charges brought against them.

I could be wrong, but, if I get thrown in jail for having an opinion and speaking out against the President and his administration, then this country has major problems.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/14/07 at 4:42 pm

-Revenge for Clinton

Reasons FOR impeaching:

Karma +1
I would add: I just don't like the sombeeches!
;)

Maybe Carlos can attest to this, I'm too young to remember, but those who remember Nixon's second term say the hatred for that man was far worse than the hatred for Bush.  I think it should be the other way around...

Written By: danootaandme on 05/14/07 at 5:15 pm

Karma +1
I would add: I just don't like the sombeeches!
;)

Maybe Carlos can attest to this, I'm too young to remember, but those who remember Nixon's second term say the hatred for that man was far worse than the hatred for Bush.  I think it should be the other way around...

A lot of people supported Nixon for quite a long time even as Woodward and Bernstein pounded away, it was the Saturday Night Massacre, asking for the resignations of Attorney General Elliot Richardson and his deputy Rucklehaus when they refused to fire the Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox, that set off the alarm.  He got Robert Bork, Solicitor General, to fire Cox, the real reason he wasn't named to the Supreme Court.  That scared Congress to act on impeachment.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/14/07 at 5:27 pm

A lot of people supported Nixon for quite a long time even as Woodward and Bernstein pounded away, it was the Saturday Night Massacre, asking for the resignations of Attorney General Elliot Richardson and his deputy Rucklehaus when they refused to fire the Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox, that set off the alarm.  He got Robert Bork, Solicitor General, to fire Cox, the real reason he wasn't named to the Supreme Court.  That scared Congress to act on impeachment.

Yup, I loves me some Robert Bork!  He has made a brilliant career of writing half-azzed right-wing treatises and make the rounds on cable chat shows!  I don't think he's ever been on Bill Mahar, but I could be wrong.

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/15/07 at 8:40 am

Well, you can always give them the chance to opt out of Impeachment.  Instead, get everyone in his administration to wear a shirt that says, "Dont blame America because we are stupid chickenhawk neocon greedy zealots" or "Just Kidding, God isn't really with us." with bright pink shorts everyday till the end of their term.

They could also walk with these clothes a mile for every person who has died in the War.

It might not take away from all the bullsh!t, might be kind of extreme, but it definitely would make my heart do a jig. 

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/15/07 at 1:48 pm

I would say it was about the same.

Ahh, I remember it well.  It didn't take long for the country to be plastered with bumper stickers saying "Impeach the Cox sacker". 

Written By: SemperYoda on 05/19/07 at 6:50 am

A letter to the editor in the Salt Lake Tribune.  This one is wonderful.  Guess she wont vote for impeachment.  Ah, but she equates an actual war with a virtual war.  This is also a double standard.  By her statement, we should stay in Iraq because we waste money on other stuff as well.  Hmm, I think fighting poverty in THIS country is more important that fight an unjust war in THEIR country.  There shouldn't be a war on drugs.  I wonder, if you legalize them, will the war cease to exist? 

I stand by my case that we should leave Iraq and this administration should be held accountable for thier disasterous decisions.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just quit
Public Forum Letter
Article Last Updated: 05/18/2007 08:05:32 PM MDT

By the logic of many people in this country, the war in Iraq should be ended because it is not going well. If we want to be consistent in that line of logic, then let's end the war on poverty which was started more than 40 years ago.
    We've spent billions on that war and still have the same rate of poverty in this country as we did when we started. Colossal failure. Let's also admit defeat in the war on drugs. Our tax dollars are going down the toilet while the drugs keep flowing and the addicts keep hurting themselves and others.
    Drunken drivers kill people every day in this country, so let's wave the white flag and quit trying to stop them. While we're at it, let's pull up all the stop signs, speed limits and traffic lights because people just ignore them anyway.
    If you think chaos might follow, you might be right.

Lisa Hendrickson
    Greenville

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________--

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/19/07 at 6:56 am

Clinton lied to the country about getting some in the Oval Office, with really all the harm being was something spilled on a dress. 

I wonder if they still have a humidor in the Oval office? ???

;D ;D ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...