» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Go, Carter, go! Don't back down!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/21/07 at 5:46 pm

"Carter, upset by Bush's Iraq war policies, said on Saturday in an interview with the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that "as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/21/AR2007052100767.html

When you're dealing with the Bushies and their compatriots, such as Newt Gingrich, you need to keep swinging.  They hate your guts anyway, Jimmy.  This is not a gentleman's dispute.  These are crooks and warpigs.

Carter's statement here was mild to start with!
::)

Subject: Re: Go, Carter, go! Don't back down!

Written By: spaceace on 05/22/07 at 9:33 am

I always liked Jimmy.  He foreign policies are legendary.  Nice to see him still telling it like it is.  At least he didn't say the "F" word which he has no objection to. ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 05/22/07 at 4:02 pm

I like Jimmy Carter, always have, and think history will be much kinder to him than it will to many others(like Ron Reagan).  I love the way he has ripped into bushie from day one. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/22/07 at 6:16 pm

I tuned in to FOX News last night to see if they would be railing against Carter.
Of course, that's like checking to see if the lawn is wet after it rains!

They were saying Carter was the worst president in modern history. 
If you discount how much richer the rich are, this country is worse off today by any measure than it was in 1979.
But no other measure matters to Rupert Murdoch other than how much richer the rich can get!

Written By: statsqueen on 05/24/07 at 11:18 am

And in typical Bush Administration fashion, instead of debating or engaging in any other intellectual rejoinder, they simply say Carter is increasingly irrelevant.

It's times like that that I wish I was still with my ex-boyfriend.  He was a sniper in Viet Nam (and afterwards sent to various other countries to take people out) and then he was assigned the Presidential detail in the Secret Service.  He used to tell me about volunteering to do double shifts (even outside in nasty weather) to make sure Carter was safe.  He liked and respected him that much--still does.  He said Carter treated his detail very well and really took good care of them.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/24/07 at 5:09 pm

After what the Dems just did, they're complicit.  They are prepared only to give Bush everything he wants and protract death and human suffering beyond the horizon to please the Military-Industrial Complex.

I've been a registered Democrat since I was 19.  Now I'm through with them.  I'm registering independent.
>:(

Written By: danootaandme on 05/25/07 at 9:02 am

After what the Dems just did, they're complicit.  They are prepared only to give Bush everything he wants and protract death and human suffering beyond the horizon to please the Military-Industrial Complex.

I've been a registered Democrat since I was 19.  Now I'm through with them.  I'm registering independent.
>:(

I was independent for many years, then decided I should make a concrete decision and went dem, well now I am making a concrete decision and going back to indie where I should have stayed.  Neither the dems nor the repugs deserve my loyalty.

Written By: thereshegoes on 05/25/07 at 10:02 am

:-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/25/07 at 10:03 am

I was independent for many years, then decided I should make a concrete decision and went dem, well now I am making a concrete decision and going back to indie where I should have stayed.  Neither the dems nor the repugs deserve my loyalty.

You can only kick a dog some many times before he stops coming back to you, and that's how I feel about the Dems.  Tired of being a kicked dog!  The Dems stand for exactly the same odious crap the Repugs do.  We deserve a "a choice, not an echo," (hate to quote Phyllis Schlafly).  It was particularly disgusting how Obama, Clinton, and Pelosi waited until the resolution had enough votes to pass and then voted against it.  Cowardly simpering gutless a-holes!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/cussing.gif

Carter '08!
;D

Written By: spaceace on 05/25/07 at 12:05 pm

You can only kick a dog some many times before he stops coming back to you, and that's how I feel about the Dems.  Tired of being a kicked dog!  The Dems stand for exactly the same odious crap the Repugs do.  We deserve a "a choice, not an echo," (hate to quote Phyllis Schlafly).  It was particularly disgusting how Obama, Clinton, and Pelosi waited until the resolution had enough votes to pass and then voted against it.  Cowardly simpering gutless a-holes!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/cussing.gif

Carter '08!
;D

I believe it's called "compromising" or ass-kissing.  I know where you're coming from.  Remember what I said about the growth of the third party(s).  It's not just the Repubs who are ticked at their own party.

I'd vote for Carter!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/25/07 at 6:41 pm

I believe it's called "compromising" or ass-kissing.  I know where you're coming from.  Remember what I said about the growth of the third party(s).  It's not just the Repubs who are ticked at their own party.

I'd vote for Carter!!!

See the "Conspiracy Theory" thread.
When neither party is serving the will of the American people, it creates suspicion about who's in cahoots with whom and what kind of backroom deals are hidden from the rest of us...and why!

Check for new replies or respond here...