» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Alternative Energy: Turkey Waste Power Plant

Written By: Red Ant on 06/06/07 at 8:52 pm

Most of us quest for alternative energy sources. At least one power plant uses a very alternative source of power: turkey turds!

Here's a link to a recent article:

Turkey Waste: A New Fuel...

I've run incinerators that burned human waste: the only real waste was that all that energy was not being used to do anything productive other than reduce waste volume.

While this plant is not as efficient in producing power as conventional plants are, I think it is a step in the right direction.

This thread is not so much about this particular article: it's about alternative energy as a whole and what we can do to promote it.

Thoughts?

Subject: Re: Alternative Energy: Turkey Waste Power Plant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/06/07 at 9:34 pm

Nothing can smell that foul (no pun intended) without containing some massive power potential!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/07/07 at 6:11 pm

Up here in Vermont, several farms are making Cow Power-turning cow doodoo into energy and selling it to the electric company. I'm all for it.

Cat

Written By: spaceace on 06/07/07 at 6:15 pm

I can't see them doing something like that in Lancaster PA.  The good citizens got their panties all in a bunch over plans for an ethanol plant. ::)

Written By: esoxslayer on 06/07/07 at 7:07 pm

I can't see them doing something like that in Lancaster PA.  The good citizens got their panties all in a bunch over plans for an ethanol plant. ::)

Ha!!  Can't see it happening here either..a lot of these yokels up this way don't want those wind farms here either, and all they'd be doing is taking up a small amount of space in hayfields....but they all complain about their electric bills....

Kinda like the Big NIMBY out in Massachusetts....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/07/07 at 7:45 pm

Kinda like the Big NIMBY out in Massachusetts....

That would be Not In Marblehead, Barnstable, or Yarmouth!
:D

Up here in Vermont, several farms are making Cow Power-turning cow doodoo into energy and selling it to the electric company. I'm all for it.

Mebby we can start paying our electric bills in cow manure, you know, sorta like even trade or carbon credits...something like that.  Oh, heck, I've just always wanted to send a major utility a bag of sh*t in lieu of a check!
:P

Written By: philbo on 06/09/07 at 8:06 am

Thoughts?

More sheesh power :)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/18/07 at 8:20 pm

THE PERPETUAL MOTION MACHINE.

http://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/toilet04.jpg

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/19/07 at 10:00 am

This was in the paper this morning.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070619/BUSINESS/706190317/1011/BUSINESS

Cat

Written By: spaceace on 06/24/07 at 12:48 pm

More sheesh power :)

It's an unending supply with many sources. ::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/24/07 at 1:51 pm

Soylent Green is... turkey?!

Written By: Red Ant on 06/25/07 at 1:37 am

This was in the paper this morning.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070619/BUSINESS/706190317/1011/BUSINESS

Cat

Excellent!

THE PERPETUAL MOTION MACHINE.

http://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/toilet04.jpg

I'm afraid I have to draw the line at toilet water splashing up on my privates. Not to mention pink toilet seats.  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...