» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: woman busted for dog-staring

Written By: Tia on 06/07/07 at 10:39 am

discuss.

STUPID COP TRICKS

TIMES ARGUS, VT - A woman facing jail time for
"staring" at a police dog had charges against her
dropped Monday after an Orange County prosecutor
viewed videotape of the alleged crime. Jayna
Hutchinson, now of Lebanon, N.H., was scheduled
for a jury trial this week on a misdemeanor charge of cruelty to
animals.

A Vermont State Police sergeant said Hutchinson
was intoxicated and stared at his police dog in a
"taunting/harassing manner" last July while
officers were in the process of investigating a
reported melee outside a West Fairlee establishment.

"Prosecuting a woman for staring at a police dog
is absurd," said Kelly Green, a public defender
appointed by Vermont District Court in Orange
County to represent Hutchinson. She likened the
act to giving a police officer the finger – a
form of expression protected by rights accorded under the First
Amendment.

"After looking at the video, I did not think it
was worthwhile proceeding," Orange County State's
Attorney Will Porter said Tuesday.

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070606/NEWS01/706060362/1002/NEWS01&template=printart

Subject: Re: woman busted for dog-staring

Written By: spaceace on 06/07/07 at 10:42 am

Oh for Pete sake.  So, she was trying to stare the mutt down.  Cops are really jumpy these days.

Written By: lorac61469 on 06/07/07 at 10:50 am

Give me a break!!  That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/07/07 at 10:53 am

Then that police dog's a wuss!  Or maybe he was just very well disciplined.

Never do that. Never stare eye-to-eye at an aggressive dog, such as a police dog, because the dog understands that as a challenge.  That dumb drunk lady is lucky the dog didn't jump her.  Could have been a candidate for reconstructive surgery
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/buck.gif

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/07/07 at 2:21 pm

gosh, she probably didn't even realize what she was doing....it was probably just a part of her drunken stupor....nothing threatening about that.  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/07/07 at 3:28 pm

That story wasn't in our paper (maybe it will be tomorrow or Sunday's paper). The funny thing is that the Rutland Herald & the Times Argus are sister papers-we get the Times Argus on Sunday but the banner said the Rutland Herald. And when we sent in our wedding announcement, I THOUGHT we sent it to the Herald but it appeared in the Times Argus and we never saw it (but my step-daughter did). Go figure.  :-\\ :-\\

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/07/07 at 7:56 pm

Oh, I see.  The dog was in the cruiser and the window was closed.  Cop should have just unrolled the window!

Written By: Gis on 06/08/07 at 6:46 am

Will the dog get councelling now??

Written By: Tia on 06/08/07 at 7:21 am

what are you looking at? are you looking at me? are you looking at me? well i'm the only police dog here. who the f*** do you think YOU'RE looking at?

Written By: spaceace on 06/08/07 at 10:00 am

Here's an aspect to it.  Can a dog testify at a trial?  Can it be proven that the dog was "traumatised" by this woman's action?  There is no physical or psychological damage evident in the dog.  I highly doubt the dog really gives a rat's arse about being stared at.  Damn human perception. :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/08/07 at 7:10 pm

what are you looking at? are you looking at me? are you looking at me? well i'm the only police dog here. who the f*** do you think YOU'RE looking at?

Frasier: Dad, Eddie's staring at me!
Martin: Just ignore him.
Frasier: OK.
Martin: I was talking to the dog!

Here's an aspect to it.  Can a dog testify at a trial? 

http://noelsgarden.homestead.com/files/TUrnerAndHooch.jpg

Written By: spaceace on 06/09/07 at 6:45 am

Hooch was a very rare and special dog.  I doubt this Police mutt could even come close.

Written By: KKay on 06/09/07 at 10:56 am

I'm staring at you right now.

Written By: Tia on 06/09/07 at 11:38 am

yeah, i was catching that vibe.

Written By: statsqueen on 06/10/07 at 1:15 pm

Never do that. Never stare eye-to-eye at an aggressive dog, such as a police dog, because the dog understands that as a challenge.  That dumb drunk lady is lucky the dog didn't jump her.  Could have been a candidate for reconstructive surgery

I'm thinking well-disciplined.  On another police animal note, at least here (MI) it is a felony to injure a police horse but only a misdemeanor to injure a human officer.  Also found out that horses are smart enough to retaliate before their humans can.  Case in point, Denver during the Superbowl.  Drunk guy punched police horse (caught on news camera).  Before the human officer rider could react, the horse put all his weight on one foot and put that one down on the guy's foot....and ground it as if he were putting out a cigarette on the pavement (not caught on camera--just looked like horse was moving side to side).

Written By: Tia on 06/11/07 at 10:30 am

more weird dogs in the news news.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070611/od_nm/belgium_dog_dc_1;_ylt=AkFMA7UWSYlf_JXqoFT97ogE1vAI

"Job seeker rejected due to "racist dog" 2 hours, 43 minutes ago

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - A Belgian businessman rejected a Nigerian job applicant because the businessman said his own dog was racist and would bite non-whites, Belgian media reported Saturday. The 53-year-old man Nigerian told De Standaard newspaper he arrived at the Belgian's wrought-iron business and was immediately confronted by the barking dog.

"

Written By: Powerslave on 06/11/07 at 9:44 pm

That's a brilliant idea. Train your dog to bark at/harass minorites, then blame the dog for being racist. I think I'll use that one myself.

Written By: jackas on 06/11/07 at 11:54 pm

Would have been an amusing outcome.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/14/07 at 1:53 am

That's a brilliant idea. Train your dog to bark at/harass minorites, then blame the dog for being racist. I think I'll use that one myself.

Ladybird!  No!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/14/07 at 10:37 am

Did the dog stare back at her?

Check for new replies or respond here...