» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The Cheney Branch Of The Government?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/22/07 at 1:29 pm

I'm really surprised no has started a thread about this yet. Cheney is NOW claiming that the V.P. office is NOT part of the Executive Branch of government.  :o :o :o 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cq/20070622/pl_cq_politics/craigcrawfordstrailmixaddthistotheconstitutionthecheneybranch_1

Isn't it amazing that it is part of the Executive Branch when he can use Executive Privileges but not, when it is inconvenient. Well, we all know that the government is of the Cheney, for the Cheney, and by the Cheney.  ::) ::)

Cat

Subject: Re: The Cheney Branch Of The Government?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/22/07 at 4:10 pm

I expected nothing less from that megalomaniac. 

Our government didn't do its job.  They did not impeach these crooks, remove them from office, and prosecute them in criminal court.

Dick Cheney needs to be arrested and then given a psych eval before they do anything else!

::)

Written By: spaceace on 06/22/07 at 4:33 pm

Bush gives him a job and he runs a muck. :P  take not candidates - choose your running mates carefully.  Psych eval BEFORE they get into office.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/22/07 at 4:39 pm

Bush gives him a job and he runs a muck. :P  take not candidates - choose your running mates carefully.  Psych eval BEFORE they get into office.

Of course Bush wasn't going to give him a psych eval. Birds of a feather...

Cat

Written By: spaceace on 06/22/07 at 4:42 pm

Of course Bush wasn't going to give him a psych eval. Birds of a feather...

Cat

Too bad it takes so long for Constitutional Amendments.  People with mental health problems can't own guns but they can become heads and vice heads of State. :P

Written By: danootaandme on 06/22/07 at 5:08 pm

Make me wanna holler, throw up both my hands 

Written By: spaceace on 06/22/07 at 5:22 pm

Canada's starting to look real inviting now eh???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/22/07 at 10:39 pm

Bush didn't pick him.  They asked Cheney to help them pick a running mate for Dubya, and Cheney picked himself!  Anyway, it's all Lynn's fault.  If it hadn't been for Mrs. Cheney kicking the barstool out from under him when he flunked out of Yale, old Dick would just be the drunken mayor of Casper with the sheriff in his pocket and his hand in the till!

Hold the hollar, hold the hands, just makes me wanna throw up!

The American people blew it. We're like the parents of  spoiled children who never get told "no," who never get grounded, who never get the azz-whuppin.'
When they're sixteen--surprise, surprise--they tell you they're taking the car downtown, they tell you what time they're coming home, and it's too frikkin' late for you to be a parent.
That's why I always say Ford should not have pardoned Nixon!

Can you imagine if Al Gore said he wasn't part of the executive branch and wasn't accountable to the people?  The media would be calling for his summary ouster!

Written By: statsqueen on 06/23/07 at 4:01 pm

I just heard about this on the news this morning.  I could and could not believe it all at the same time.  Yes, the VP is part of Congress WHEN he breaks the tie in favor of Bush, but let's get real.  Any elementary schooler (maybe) can tell you that the VP is Executive branch.  What does Cheney think the P stands for????

No big surprise Bush is behind him 100%.

I almost choked on my breakfast.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/23/07 at 4:13 pm

I just heard about this on the news this morning.  I could and could not believe it all at the same time.  Yes, the VP is part of Congress WHEN he breaks the tie in favor of Bush, but let's get real.  Any elementary schooler (maybe) can tell you that the VP is Executive branch.  What does Cheney think the P stands for????

No big surprise Bush is behind him 100%.

I almost choked on my breakfast.

Psychopath?  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 06/23/07 at 6:07 pm

Canada's starting to look real inviting now eh???

I live in Massachusetts, I don't intend to stray to far away from the border  ;)

Written By: spaceace on 06/23/07 at 6:45 pm

I live in Massachusetts, I don't intend to stray to far away from the border  ;)

Massachusetts and the whole of New England is pretty sane.  You're right . . . stay put.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/07 at 10:32 pm

What does Cheney think the P stands for????

P for better P your pants if Cheney decides he doesn't like you!
:D

Written By: philbo on 06/25/07 at 10:18 am

You mean this chap?

Written By: spaceace on 06/25/07 at 10:24 am

You mean this chap?

I know it suppose to be a comedy skit.  I can't help but think that what really happened.

Written By: philbo on 06/25/07 at 10:41 am

I know it suppose to be a comedy skit.  I can't help but think that what really happened.

I get that feeling rather a lot when watching Rory Bremner.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/25/07 at 2:52 pm

Exactly what I was thinking!
:o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/25/07 at 3:28 pm

I'm closer than you are.  If worse comes to worse, we can be over the border in about an hour and a half.  ;)

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/26/07 at 10:38 am

He is the latest.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-06-24-cheney_N.htm?csp=34

Cheney can't have it both ways-but he is going to try.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/26/07 at 11:26 am

I tried to figure out how Cheney was going to justify such a crackpot claim, but his reasoning is more obtuse than I thought even he was capable of.

He claims the he is not in the executive branch because he is senate president.  The VP's chief duty there is to cast tie-breaking votes.

How think does he dumb we are?

Reminds me of that "Pink Panther" movie in which Inspector Cluseau tries to arrest the organ grinder for soliciting money without a license.  The organ grinder says the law does not apply to him because he is a musician and the monkey holding the cup is a businessman!
:D

I think this administration is working on a "Pink Panther" movie level at this point.  That's what happens when you let the federal government get away with outrageous BS for six years straight!

Check for new replies or respond here...