» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Ignore Ann Coulter

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/27/07 at 6:41 pm

Ann Coulter is our resident Eva Braun.  We figured that out ten years ago.  It's time to start ignoring this sorry excuse for a human being.

She makes below-the-belt ad hominem attacks on whoever threatens right-wing hegemony.  When confronted on her vile behavior, she scoffs and justifies her rotten rhetoric by pointing the finger and what somebody else said.  She is puerile and cowardly.

Elizabeth Edwards appealed to Ms. Coulter to stop attacking her and her family.  Ann did the only thing she knows how to do.  She scoffed some more and heaped more insults on Senator and Mrs. Edwards.

Senator Edwards appeared on TV tonight decrying the mean-spiritedness of Ann Coulter.

Uh, yeah John, we figured that out ten years ago.

Edwards said if somebody doesn't stand up to her she's going to continue to get away with it.  I don't agree with senator.  The consensus is in by now.  If you agree with Ann Coulter (and if you do, you you should get a lobotomy), you're not going to be dissuaded.  If you disagree with Ann Coulter, she's not going to convince you of anything.

Ann Coulter is the darling of the corporate media.  She is the conscience of the American Right.

However, all Ms. Coulter knows how to do is stir up hatred.  She has nothing else to offer.  The best thing pundits and politicians can do is refuse to interact with her.  She is not a serious person.  What has made her a powerfulf voice in American polemics is the willingness of her detractors to engage her.

So why am I talking about Ann? Because I'm just posting a comment on inthe00s.  If I were writing a column for the NYT or appearing on CNN, I wouldn't acknowledge her at all.
::)
I don't think they understand how quickly the silent treatment would dissolve her potency.

(Not ten minutes later, Chris Matthews of Horriball is replaying the Mrs. Edwards/Coulter confrontation.)

Subject: Re: Ignore Ann Coulter

Written By: SemperYoda on 06/27/07 at 6:57 pm

She must have got raped by a Liberal.    :o      ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/27/07 at 7:02 pm

She must have got raped by a Liberal.    :o       ;D

With the way liberals are acting nowadays, you wouldn't think they'd be capable of the act!
:-\\

Written By: SemperYoda on 06/27/07 at 7:48 pm

I mean, rape isn't a laughing matter, but I dont see any other way how someone could come up with so much hateful words towards one side.  But, thats what they try to do I guess, get people bent out of shape.  They can continue doing these things because people eat it up. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/07 at 9:49 am

How I think they should stop her venomous rhetoric is hit her in her pocket book. Sue her ass for slander.

Cat

Written By: spaceace on 06/28/07 at 10:53 am

Ann Coulter gets off on how people react to her.  She is by no means the voice of the "Right".  She couldn't really make it on her own as an attorney, she had to piggy back her way to a clerk's position in a Federal Court.  She has no real sense of grace, style or manner.  Her voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard.  So why the attraction???? :P

Written By: McDonald on 06/28/07 at 1:26 pm

I remember she was being interviewed by a Canadian journalist and she was continuing to insist that Canada (I think she said 10,000 Canadians) had fought in Vietnam. Well, knowing this was entirely errant (notwithstanding Canadians who had cross-enlisted into the American army, Canada itself had no combat involvement in the war), the journalist disagreed and told her that this was not true at all. However, instead of admitting to her mistake, she asked flippantly if we had newspapers in Canada etc... She is also quoted to have said that Canada should thank the US for allowing it to exist (a totally despicable remark, totally false). I hate that C-U-Next-Tuesday.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/28/07 at 3:39 pm

Ann Coulter gets off on how people react to her.  She is by no means the voice of the "Right".  She couldn't really make it on her own as an attorney, she had to piggy back her way to a clerk's position in a Federal Court.  She has no real sense of grace, style or manner.  Her voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard.  So why the attraction???? :P

Pundits used to talk about conservatives being perceived as "mean."  I would not use that word.  Some of them get off on being called "mean."  Coulter is one of them. 

When you have convinced yourself that you're up against heathen criminal loving babykillers, you can't afford to be nice.  Right?  You wouldn't be nice to Hitler, would you? 

And that's how Ann Coulter justifies cruel words against widows of 9/11 and picking on Mrs. Edwards when she's fighting cancer, calling Senator Edwards a "******," and disrespecting their grief for their son.

However, most people are not that fanatical.  They're not Pat Robertson types.  They're not RNC types.  Even if they remain steadfast Republicans and will vote for the next GOP candidate whoever he is, they still don't like Ann Coulter.  Being wantonly mean-spirited doesn't play well with most people anywhere on the political spectrue.  I foresee Coulter being marginalized in the next few years.  Her sun is setting.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/29/07 at 2:53 am

I can see the sadness in her eyes.  :(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/29/07 at 7:30 pm

I can see the sadness in her eyes.  :(

Happy people don't act like that.

Written By: spaceace on 06/29/07 at 9:16 pm

Happy people don't act like that.

but psychotic deranged people do. ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/29/07 at 10:20 pm

but psychotic deranged people do. ;)

Cold, stubborn, and sociopathic in the cast of Annie baby!\ ::)

Written By: La Roche on 06/29/07 at 10:53 pm

The urge to shake her and punch her, then tie her down, tape her up and perform vile perverse acts, all whilst Fox video-tapes it for a Fall reality series is strong.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/29/07 at 11:01 pm

The urge to shake her and punch her, then tie her down, tape her up and perform vile perverse acts, all whilst Fox video-tapes it for a Fall reality series is strong.

I think you like that idea a little too much!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/evil6.gif

Written By: spaceace on 06/29/07 at 11:06 pm

Do you need to borrow my "happy book"?  You know the one on torture and corporal punishment?  I guess we're not to that level yet. :-\\

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/30/07 at 12:35 am

Someone needs to stand up and challenge this b!tch to a duel. I'd love to see someonewalk up on stage at one of her public speaking engagements, pull out a leather glove, crack her across the face, and call her out, just like they did 200 years ago. Fifty paces with flintlock pistols.

Ann Coulter has no sense of honor or decency and she continually slanders and insults people without fear of any serious repercussions. She needs to put her money where her mouth is.

Hell, if nothing else, Elizabeth Edwards ought to at least challenge her to a match in the Octagon.

Written By: La Roche on 06/30/07 at 12:50 am

I think you like that idea a little too much!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/evil6.gif

Maybe.

Admittedly, the prospect of subjecting Ann to all sorts of disgraceful perversions does give me a happy feeling inside a) Because she's an evil sadistic f**k and I'd love to seek retribution b) Because I'd totally nail her.. for the reasons I've already stated.  ;D

Written By: spaceace on 06/30/07 at 10:38 am

Someone needs to stand up and challenge this b!tch to a duel. I'd love to see someonewalk up on stage at one of her public speaking engagements, pull out a leather glove, crack her across the face, and call her out, just like they did 200 years ago. Fifty paces with flintlock pistols.

Ann Coulter has no sense of honor or decency and she continually slanders and insults people without fear of any serious repercussions. She needs to put her money where her mouth is.

Hell, if nothing else, Elizabeth Edwards ought to at least challenge her to a match in the Octagon.

That would be so cool.  Of course you know she'd probably chicken out.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/30/07 at 11:39 am

Elizabeth Edwards should have said to her, "I refuse to have the battle of the wits with someone who is unarmed".

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 06/30/07 at 11:43 am

Elizabeth Edwards should have said to her, "I refuse to have the battle of the wits with someone who is unarmed".

Cat

I don't make monkeys, I train them.

Not all that relevant, but always funny.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/30/07 at 12:59 pm

I foresee Coulter being marginalized in the next few years.  Her sun is setting.
People said that in the 90's.....

No offense, but as long as there are people like you watching her, listening to her, and giving ratings to the shows she is on, she will always be around.

Thats what people don't seem to grasp.

Another example is Paris Hilton. People claim to be sick of her(or add another attention whore in her place like Britney), yet they read all these blogs, websites, magazines,etc. about them, and watching shows they are on, thus guaranteeing the person they claim to "hate" never goes away.

Don't like Ann Coulter?

Don't talk about her on websites, boycott programs she is on,etc. If all the people who claim to dislike her would follow this simple advice, she would fall off the public/media radar immediately.

The media is not going to talk about someone/something the public isn't showing interest in. Period.

Written By: popking on 07/06/07 at 6:26 pm

The GOP is definately distancing themselves from her. Does that mean she'll fade away? Of course not, idiots will keep buying her hate spewing "literature." ::) Just to see what Annie has to say.

I agree, if you don't like this woman, which a majority don't, then don't talk about her. She thrives off controversy.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/06/07 at 7:39 pm

The GOP is definately distancing themselves from her. Does that mean she'll fade away? Of course not, idiots will keep buying her hate spewing "literature." ::) Just to see what Annie has to say.

I agree, if you don't like this woman, which a majority don't, then don't talk about her. She thrives off controversy.

Yeah, Ann lurks on inthe00s...and so does her publicist!
:-X

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/06/07 at 11:42 pm

Maybe.

Admittedly, the prospect of subjecting Ann to all sorts of disgraceful perversions does give me a happy feeling inside a) Because she's an evil sadistic f**k and I'd love to seek retribution b) Because I'd totally nail her.. for the reasons I've already stated.  ;D

Yeah, I'd hit it...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/07/07 at 11:58 am

The problem with that is she would probably enjoy it too much.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/07/07 at 12:57 pm

The problem with that is she would probably enjoy it too much.

Cat

Ask Bill Mahar.  She used to tie him to the furnace and make him eat dog food!

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/07/07 at 3:04 pm

Yeah, I'd hit it...

"I *blank*ed Ann Coulter In The *blank* Hard"

Depending on what you put in the blanks, that's the sort of thing that, if you took all the spaces out, you could try typing in as a subdomain of a server at blogspot.com.  Why, if I didn't know better, I'd speculate that there's even a couple of sequels, which can be easily found by googling for the original (Results 1 - 10 of about 136,000 for i REDACTED ann coulter in the REDACTED). 

Thanks for giving me an excuse to remember how disturbingly funny the results are when someone combines erotica with political satire.  It's on a par with Bloodninja's "I put on my robe and wizard hat" story.  Seriously.

Check for new replies or respond here...