» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: White House refuses to turn over documents

Written By: Brian06 on 06/28/07 at 2:10 pm

Constitutional showdown ahead. Bush / Cheney think they're above the law again. I am now on the impeach these clowns bandwagon, they're obviously hiding something here. America deserves better than this.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070628/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_subpoenas

Subject: Re: White House refuses to turn over documents

Written By: statsqueen on 06/28/07 at 2:19 pm

I wish I could say I was surprised....but I can't.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/28/07 at 2:42 pm

"It's pretty clear that again members of Congress are engaged in an attempt to try to do what they can to make life more difficult for the White House.  It also explains why this is the least popular Congress in decades, because you do have what appears to be a strategy of destruction rather than cooperation."

--Tony Snow

At last I see there is such a thing as Bush Derangement syndrome.  The Bush Administration is deranged.  It's time to drum the bastards out and lock the bastards up.  This world is in peril with them in charge.
::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/07 at 2:44 pm

Constitutional showdown ahead. Bush / Cheney think they're above the law again. I am now on the impeach these clowns bandwagon, they're obviously hiding something here. America deserves better than this.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070628/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_subpoenas

Bush, Cheney hiding something? Surely you jest.  ::)  At least if they pleaded the Fifth, that would have been Constitutional.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/28/07 at 3:18 pm

One thing is for certain, FOX News will stick by this administration, which could be their downfall.

I see everything unraveling for the Bushies.  They might cost the GOP the presidency in '08. 

I doubt Congress will ever have the stones to impeach.  More likely, they'll keep up this mumbo-jumbo for the next 18 months...until Hillary is inaugurated!

And I think that's what the Dems want.  But can you imagine if the Clinton Administration behaved this way?  Can you imagine if Bill Clinton's approval rating was under 35% for over two years...and if Gore said he wasn't part of the executive branch, and if Gore had an approval rating in the teens like Cheney does.

There would be no equivocation in the media.  It would be time to throw 'em all out!  But....since they're Republicans....can't we discuss this a little more?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/07 at 3:38 pm

One thing is for certain, FOX News will stick by this administration, which could be their downfall.

I see everything unraveling for the Bushies.  They might cost the GOP the presidency in '08. 

I doubt Congress will ever have the stones to impeach.  More likely, they'll keep up this mumbo-jumbo for the next 18 months...until Hillary is inaugurated!

And I think that's what the Dems want.  But can you imagine if the Clinton Administration behaved this way?  Can you imagine if Bill Clinton's approval rating was under 35% for over two years...and if Gore said he wasn't part of the executive branch, and if Gore had an approval rating in the teens like Cheney does.

There would be no equivocation in the media.  It would be time to throw 'em all out!  But....since they're Republicans....can't we discuss this a little more?

Definitely double standards. It is so obvious that this administration has been doing many illegal things but that's ok because they are part of the "Good old boy" network (i.e. the GOP), but it is ok for Clinton to be impeached for lying about a question that he should have never been asked in the first place. I am just APPALLED and VERY ANGRY at how this country is being run. I'm not blaming just the GOP but also the Dems, too. They have it in their power to do something about it NOW and they don't. Oh well, so what if people are dying everyday in Iraq. So what if this country is bankrupted. So what if our civil liberties are being taken away. 

I'm sure this issue will end up in front of the Supreme Court and I am very curious how they will vote. I'm afraid that with this right-leaning court, it will end in Bush's favor which means that we truly have a dictatorship on our hands and if that happens, I think we might be heading for another revolution.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/28/07 at 3:43 pm

Definitely double standards. It is so obvious that this administration has been doing many illegal things but that's ok because they are part of the "Good old boy" network (i.e. the GOP), but it is ok for Clinton to be impeached for lying about a question that he should have never been asked in the first place. I am just APPALLED and VERY ANGRY at how this country is being run. I'm not blaming just the GOP but also the Dems, too. They have it in their power to do something about it NOW and they don't. Oh well, so what if people are dying everyday in Iraq. So what if this country is bankrupted. So what if our civil liberties are being taken away. 

I'm sure this issue will end up in front of the Supreme Court and I am very curious how they will vote. I'm afraid that with this right-leaning court, it will end in Bush's favor which means that we truly have a dictatorship on our hands and if that happens, I think we might be heading for another revolution.

Karma +1.  If I had to choose one word, it would be APPALLED.  Appalled even after all the sick crap this administration has done.  I expect these guys to be creeps, but I'm nonetheless aghast at the stunts they're pulling right now.

Why isn't there rioting in the streets?  These guys have got to go!
>:(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/28/07 at 4:00 pm

Karma +1.  If I had to choose one word, it would be APPALLED.  Appalled even after all the sick crap this administration has done.  I expect these guys to be creeps, but I'm nonetheless aghast at the stunts they're pulling right now.

Why isn't there rioting in the streets?  These guys have got to go!
>:(

Thanks. Right back at ya.

I wonder why there isn't rioting either. At least my little state TRIED to act on impeachment. It was voted up in the state Senate but voted down in the state House. A lot of people here are trying to push our lone Congressperson Peter Welch to submit articles of impeachment in the House but he won't. He claimed it would be a distraction. What do you call what we are going through now? Yes, I am very disappointed in him. I did vote for him. At least Pat Leahy has the balls to call the administration on its actions. (Who do you think ordered the subpoenas?)  It is nice to know that my Senator is looking out for this country.

If does worry me that everyone is just waiting 18 months, thinking at that time they will be gone. However, they have done such damage that it will take this country years if not decades to recoup. I am very afraid that they are going to be let go and I really want to see justice be served. I would be very happy if they did leave office at the end of the term but charged AFTER-that would be fine with me. Like I said, JUSTICE!!!!

Cat

Written By: rock and rye on 06/28/07 at 4:08 pm

i refuse to think responsible men who have the best interest of America in mind like Bush and Cheney would do something like this. damn liberal media. and i especially refuse to believe it about Cheney. who will they be slandering next? Henry Kissinger?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/28/07 at 5:11 pm

Thanks. Right back at ya.

I wonder why there isn't rioting either. At least my little state TRIED to act on impeachment. It was voted up in the state Senate but voted down in the state House. A lot of people here are trying to push our lone Congressperson Peter Welch to submit articles of impeachment in the House but he won't. He claimed it would be a distraction. What do you call what we are going through now? Yes, I am very disappointed in him. I did vote for him. At least Pat Leahy has the balls to call the administration on its actions. (Who do you think ordered the subpoenas?)  It is nice to know that my Senator is looking out for this country.

If does worry me that everyone is just waiting 18 months, thinking at that time they will be gone. However, they have done such damage that it will take this country years if not decades to recoup. I am very afraid that they are going to be let go and I really want to see justice be served. I would be very happy if they did leave office at the end of the term but charged AFTER-that would be fine with me. Like I said, JUSTICE!!!!

Cat

It's always the same crap with these Dems!  Impeachment would be a distraction from the rest of our agenda, they say.  Well, when they had the chance to stand up for their agenda, such as with troop withdrawal from Iraq, they chickened out and caved in. 

That's why approval is so low for Congress.  We didn't vote in a Democratic majority to watch them go all squishy and weak!  And guess what, Democrats, the Right still hates you.  You can't please 'em all, but at least try to make a few people happy!

The message this sends to future executive crooks is, "You can get away with it."

You know, sometimes doing the right thing is pretty damned inconvenient and it will tie up people's time and resources.  If the Dems rollover for Cheney on this one, they've got no backbone at all!

Check for new replies or respond here...