» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Funniest MadTv sketch in maybe 10 years...

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/05/07 at 8:14 am

http://thedivertex.com/2007/07/05/madtv-nails-apple-and-bush-in-one-skit/

Subject: Re: Funniest MadTv sketch in maybe 10 years...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/05/07 at 11:21 am

That was pretty good.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/05/07 at 11:29 am

Absolutely brilliant, it is a shame I do not get to see it over here.

btw, I was brought up on the Mad magazines.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 07/05/07 at 11:37 am

It was really funny.

Written By: Tia on 07/05/07 at 11:38 am

reminds me a lot of that timeless onion classic.

http://www.theonion.com/content/point/this_war_will_destabilize_the

"i know what i'm doing!"

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/05/07 at 1:39 pm

Hilarious!! So cleverly done!!  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/05/07 at 4:18 pm

Oops, they're having server problems, I'll hafta check back later.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/06/07 at 8:35 am

Absolutely brilliant, it is a shame I do not get to see it over here.

btw, I was brought up on the Mad magazines.

the Mad TV sketch show isn't that great... but it does have a few moments of brilliance once in a while. I'm surprised it's even on still.

I've got my original Mad Magazine CD-ROM from 1998, with all the issues. I never have any time to flip through them though.  I recently started subscribing to the magazine after years of picking it up once in a while from the newsstand.  It's still weird to read it in color and with ads, since I know the founder was dead set against that his entire life (once it made the switch from color to B&W the first time that it is).

Written By: Tia on 07/06/07 at 8:59 am

the Mad TV sketch show isn't that great... but it does have a few moments of brilliance once in a while. I'm surprised it's even on still.

I've got my original Mad Magazine CD-ROM from 1998, with all the issues. I never have any time to flip through them though.  I recently started subscribing to the magazine after years of picking it up once in a while from the newsstand.   It's still weird to read it in color and with ads, since I know the founder was dead set against that his entire life (once it made the switch from color to B&W the first time that it is).
yeah, the new owner decided to make mad "edgier" and sexier, i think? i was surprised but from what i've seen i've actually liked the new mad.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/07 at 8:59 am

I've got my original Mad Magazine CD-ROM from 1998, with all the issues. I never have any time to flip through them though.  I recently started subscribing to the magazine after years of picking it up once in a while from the newsstand.   It's still weird to read it in color and with ads, since I know the founder was dead set against that his entire life (once it made the switch from color to B&W the first time that it is).
A friend of mine had the very UK first issue of Mad, I was envious of him, but at least I had #100 in my collection. I have do not see it in the newsagents now, and wondered is it still running.

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/06/07 at 10:35 am

yeah, the new owner decided to make mad "edgier" and sexier, i think? i was surprised but from what i've seen i've actually liked the new mad.

Doesn't seem changed to me, aside from the color and the ads.  There's some new features, and short little bits after the letters page that didn't used to be in there, but outside of that, same format.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/06/07 at 10:46 am

ALFRED E. NEWMAN FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:33D0mTJOvz-lmM:http://www.leconcombre.com/concpost/fr/postcard4/alfred_e_neuman.jpg

What? Me Worry?  ;)

Cat

Written By: Tia on 07/06/07 at 10:46 am

okay, it was ten years ago now.

http://www.salon.com/april97/media/media970408.html

:o

scary! i was all remembering it as, like, yeah, remember when mad retooled? like, last year or whenever it was?

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/06/07 at 2:38 pm

okay, it was ten years ago now.

http://www.salon.com/april97/media/media970408.html

:o

scary! i was all remembering it as, like, yeah, remember when mad retooled? like, last year or whenever it was?

"more adult"... as the author of the articles points out, several of the examples in the issue he was reading were no more violent or adult than stuff he read during the early 70s.  In the book about Mad Magazine, they recount a tale of a woman who wrote an irate letter about the content being "much worse" than it was when she gave it to her sons to read 20 years earlier.  Turns out it was one of the bi-annual reprint issues and the offending segment was at least 20+ years old.

Check for new replies or respond here...