» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: PC Run Amok...

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/21/07 at 5:50 pm

I work for a company who last week shipped some product to another company, using one of many truckers that are out there.

When the truck arrived at the customer's plant, he was refused entry because his truck had those "Pretty Lady Mud Flaps".  You knoe, the ones what are black, with a chrome sillhouette of a woman on them.

WTF?  The pendulum has swung waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far.

Subject: Re: PC Run Amok...

Written By: La Roche on 07/21/07 at 5:52 pm

I work for a company who last week shipped some product to another company, using one of many truckers that are out there.

When the truck arrived at the customer's plant, he was refused entry because his truck had those "Pretty Lady Mud Flaps".  You knoe, the ones what are black, with a chrome sillhouette of a woman on them.

Retarded.

This is just another reason we should all maintain the brutal lifestyle. Drink, smoke, cuss, sleep with numerous cheap women and never call them again.. if we don't, how will our kids know what to do?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/21/07 at 8:43 pm

wow...I just got major deja vu...I could have sworn this exact thread was posted ages ago. :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/21/07 at 9:28 pm

wow...I just got major deja vu...I could have sworn this exact thread was posted ages ago. :o

It is possible I posted it before.  This is not the first time this has happened.  Mind you, the same butt-head plant has had a few lawsuits filed against it for blatant harassment of blacks.  So I guess their PC-ness only goes so far.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/21/07 at 9:34 pm

It is possible I posted it before.  This is not the first time this has happened.  Mind you, the same butt-head plant has had a few lawsuits filed against it for blatant harassment of blacks.  So I guess their PC-ness only goes so far.

The whole thing is ridiculous...I mean, I don't necessarily LOVE those particular mudflaps..but to refuse entry because of them....totally nuts! ::)

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 07/21/07 at 11:01 pm

That is unbelievable.  Do you feel comfortable sharing what kind of company it was?  I'm curious...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/22/07 at 12:17 am

"Talk about mudflaps, my girl's got 'em!"

--Spinal Tap

:P

Written By: Red Ant on 07/22/07 at 12:28 am

No problem if I were the trucker: I'd have taken off the mudflaps and either A) charged the customer for my time, or B) left a reverse "Pretty Lady" impression on that guy's face. Probably A, though I couldn't guarantee it.

Ant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/22/07 at 1:13 am

What you fail to mention is the customer, to whom the trucker was trying to deliver a truckload of shaving cream, was The Militant Lesbian Separatists for Mandatory Castration.  Why the organization was ordering a truckload of shaving cream I know not.

The question one must ask, therefore, is how many truckers whose rigs bear "Pretty Lady Mud Flaps" versus how many customers to whom said truckers make deliveries versus how many customers turn away said truckers due to the truckers bearing "Pretty Lady Mud Flaps?

Only after you have corroborated the claims of the truckers bearing "Pretty Lady Mud Flaps" with the claims of the customers turning away said truckers expressly for bearing "Pretty Lady Mud Flaps (not as an additional reason for turning away said truckers bearing "Pretty Lady Mud Flaps") and figured the ratio of total customer deliveries by truckers with "Pretty Lady Mud Flaps" to customers turning away truckers bearing "Pretty Lady Mud Flaps" (expressly for , not in addition to) can you surmise whether this is a case of....
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS RUN AMOK
(and AND first determining exactly the range of swing of the metaphorical pendulum, where the center is, and what lies at the extreme range of swing at either side.)

And now I am off to grab another handful of amphetamines!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_shaking2.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/22/07 at 8:56 am

Only after you have corroborated the claims of the truckers bearing "Pretty Lady Mud Flaps" with the claims of the customers turning away said truckers expressly for bearing "Pretty Lady Mud Flaps (not as an additional reason for turning away said truckers bearing "Pretty Lady Mud Flaps") and figured the ratio of total customer deliveries by truckers with "Pretty Lady Mud Flaps" to customers turning away truckers bearing "Pretty Lady Mud Flaps" (expressly for , not in addition to) can you surmise whether this is a case of....
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS RUN AMOK

We got an email from the customer that included a "form letter" complaining that the trucker's rig violated the plant's standards.  The letter then went on to state examples of such, including trucks adorned with  "provocative sillohuettes of women".  When we called the customer we said "You mean those chrome lady mud flaps?" and they said "Yeah, we don't let them in our plant, it is sexually oiffensive".

::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/22/07 at 9:00 am

That is unbelievable.  Do you feel comfortable sharing what kind of company it was?  I'm curious...

Large manufacturing company.  Culture is one in which managers are in constant fear of being fired, and as such they spend all day covering their azzes instead of running the business.  Their industry is having a boom time right now and they can barely scrape out a profit.

I look forward to when they go bankrupt, get bought out by a real company, and the world will be safe once again for Pretty Lady Mud Flaps.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/22/07 at 12:17 pm

What I think in fairness women truck drivers should have mudflaps that have some beefcake on them.  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 07/22/07 at 12:58 pm

What I think in fairness women truck drivers should have mudflaps that have some beefcake on them.  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Wouldn't bother me.

Written By: spaceace on 07/22/07 at 1:12 pm

Militant Feminist make a sport out of mentally emasculating men.  Me personally I'd have no problem with the flaps.  PC and gender sensitivity can only go so far before it becomes oppressive and asinine.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/22/07 at 11:55 pm

We got an email from the customer that included a "form letter" complaining that the trucker's rig violated the plant's standards.  The letter then went on to state examples of such, including trucks adorned with  "provocative sillohuettes of women".  When we called the customer we said "You mean those chrome lady mud flaps?" and they said "Yeah, we don't let them in our plant, it is sexually oiffensive".

::)

How about mud flaps with a Johnny Wadd profile silhouette.  Would that be OK?

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/24/07 at 8:07 pm

How about mud flaps with a Johnny Wadd profile silhouette.  Would that be OK?

heh heh... Yeah, that would be cool, Max!  ;D

I once saw a purported "John Holmes" logo that was a takeoff of the classic John Deere logo.  Except the deer had an extra appendage!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...