» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: New images found in Da Vinci's "Last Supper"

Written By: loki 13 on 07/29/07 at 8:44 am

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/analyst-says-last-supper-holds-secret/20070728114709990001

Are people stretching this too far? Are these images or manipulation? Are we being told what we see,
or are we actually seeing it?

I think people want so bad for secret codes to be hidden in paintings they are willing to trick their minds
into seeing things that are illusions.Human face and figure recognition is the easiest for the brain to pick up,
so if a person looks hard enough they will see hidden images. To me, it's mere happenstance, not secret codes.

Subject: Re: New images found in Da Vinci's "Last Supper"

Written By: Jessica on 07/29/07 at 9:28 am

I only saw the chalice, which is like smack dab in the middle, but anyone can pick up anything in pictures. Have you ever seen a Rorschach test? Yeah, that's sort of like what this is. But I don't think it has any hidden meaning behind it or whatever. Da Vinci was a crazy dude, but I doubt he spent his time thinking about messing with people in the future.

Written By: spaceace on 07/29/07 at 11:47 am

Da Vinci was not terribly religious.  I'm not sure if he would go through all that trouble to put subliminal messages in his painting.  As for the Da Vinci Code . . . to bad Da Vinci isn't alive today, he'd make a pile of money from book royalties.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/29/07 at 1:07 pm

Mord credible than the Virgin Mary showing up on a coffee roll in Des Moines!
::)

Written By: whistledog on 07/29/07 at 1:15 pm

Perhaps this analyst is just speculating nonsense to try and cash in on the whole DaVinci Code craze ?

When I was a kid, I used to think that guy pointing up was really flipping Jesus off

Written By: danootaandme on 07/29/07 at 4:37 pm

On the one hand people can see what they want to see, on the other I wouldn't put anything past the genius of Leonardo

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/30/07 at 5:44 am

If you look at the "Last Supper" at the proper angle, you can see Britney Spears reaching for the chalice.

Da Vinci was a visionary.

Written By: spaceace on 07/30/07 at 10:36 am

If you look at the "Last Supper" at the proper angle, you can see Britney Spears reaching for the chalice.

So that who it is!!!

Written By: Jessica on 07/30/07 at 11:29 am

Britney wouldn't be reaching for it unless it was filled with Cheetos and Red Bull.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/30/07 at 4:52 pm

Britney wouldn't be reaching for it unless it was filled with Cheetos and Red Bull.

They had those at the Last Supper.  The words for Cheetos and Red Bull have been mistranslated from Hebrew as "bread" and "wine."
:D

Written By: La Roche on 07/31/07 at 1:39 am

Find me one unmarried Jewish male of 33 at the time of Christ.

.. don't say Howard..

He was clearly quite the in-duh-vidual if he wasn't married with child by that age.

The church removed dozens of books from the bible, many of them dealing with the life of Christ when Constantine wanted to change Christianity to fit his owns views.

Now, do I take a super-imposed image on top of another painting as proof, of course not, but the vast vast amount of circumstantial evidence points to Jesus of Nazareth being a Father. Of course, it's all meaningless as he wasn't the son of God, neither was he any sort of divine being, he was simply a man with some very nice ideas.. none of which were new.

He was very Jewish.. can you imagine his poor Mother..the shame - "33 year old and all he does is carry on with his friends, getting thrown out of the temple, Oi, the shame, the shame."

Written By: danootaandme on 07/31/07 at 4:55 am

He was very Jewish.. can you imagine his poor Mother..the shame - "33 year old and all he does is carry on with his friends, getting thrown out of the temple, Oi, the shame, the shame."

"...running around with that harlot, he better not come to my house not married with her pregnant, no telling whose it is.  I know that game"

Written By: spaceace on 07/31/07 at 10:04 am

Turning water into cheap wine.  (his first party trick)

Jesus was a progressive who wanted to change the establishment for the better.  I not sure he'd like to be used the way some Christians use him.

Written By: danootaandme on 07/31/07 at 10:09 am

Turning water into cheap wine.  (his first party trick)

Jesus was a progressive who wanted to change the establishment for the better.  I not sure he'd like to be used the way some Christians use him.

Ahhhh, now there is the question.  Was he as pure and pious as he is portrayed, or, if he were to return, would he build himself a mega church, lobby congress, and drive a Mercedes?

Written By: Jessica on 07/31/07 at 10:13 am

Nah, Jesus was the original hippie. He'd be pissed that these fundamentalist freaks were using his name like that.

And I don't think he was pure and pious as all that. He was human, and everyone makes mistakes, so there you go.

Written By: spaceace on 07/31/07 at 10:15 am

Ahhhh, now there is the question.  Was he as pure and pious as he is portrayed, or, if he were to return, would he build himself a mega church, lobby congress, and drive a Mercedes?

I can't see him cutting his hair and becoming the "preppy mega church" type.  If he couldn't suck up to the Pharisees he'd probably do worse trying to lobby congress.  A Mercedes, neh . . . I can see him in either in an old Volvo or a an Escape. :)

Written By: La Roche on 07/31/07 at 11:29 am

"...running around with that harlot, he better not come to my house not married with her pregnant, no telling whose it is.  I know that game"

"..touching other men's feet, I don't know, it's all his Father's influence I tell you."

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/31/07 at 11:43 am

"..touching other men's feet, I don't know, it's all his Father's influence I tell you."

Look, are you insinuating Jesus was gay?  Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Written By: La Roche on 07/31/07 at 11:45 am

Look, are you insinuating Jesus was gay?  Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

Well, he did after all Love Peter.. he was indeed the one that Jesus loved, more than any other.

You think they used a cresco substitute or just bare-backed?

Written By: philbo on 08/03/07 at 3:41 pm

Do you mean this Britney Spears?  (click the link, and search for "Britney Spears")

People see patterns in everything: clouds, sand, toasted cheese, you name it.  It's the way the brain works.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/03/07 at 5:25 pm

They don;t make Jews like Jesus anymore.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/03/07 at 7:14 pm

They don;t make Jews like Jesus anymore.   ;)

I can interpret that in a few ways, all of which are offensive to Jews or Gentiles or both!
:-X

Written By: La Roche on 08/03/07 at 8:27 pm

That's right, most Jews now have jobs and are productive members of society, unlike Jesus who was a lazy bastard who just got in trouble all the time.

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/03/07 at 10:08 pm

You misspelled "ain't makin'", but we'll let that slide.  Kinky Friedman for Governor.  Hell, for President.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/04/07 at 9:57 pm

That's right, most Jews now have jobs and are productive members of society, unlike Jesus who was a lazy bastard who just got in trouble all the time.

There ya go!
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...