» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: ROVE QUITS!!!!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/13/07 at 10:56 am

I'm surprised no one has started a thread about this yet.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070813/pl_nm/usa_politics_rove_dc_8;_ylt=AlC5eG93AalB7zCAgk6JfWEE1vAI

I must admit that I am in shock. I thought Rove would be with Bush all the way.

My guess is that he will probably jump on someone else's campaign now-like say, Rudy.

Cat

Subject: Re: ROVE QUITS!!!!!!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/13/07 at 10:58 am

YEA-HA!!!  So Bush is now brainless.  Rove is such a twit.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/13/07 at 4:46 pm

Bush is a lame duck.  He doesn't need strategy anymore. The Bushies got everything they wanted and the Democrats didn't fight them, even after they took Congress.  A boxer without an adversary needs no coach.

Written By: Tia on 08/13/07 at 5:03 pm

i cant believe they always actually say "i want to spend more time with my family."

my theory is they want to get karl out of dodge before the congress starts getting out all his dirty laundry. my mom's theory is that he wants to start making more appearances on fox, become more of an out-in-the-open attack dog.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/13/07 at 5:10 pm

i cant believe they always actually say "i want to spend more time with my family."

my theory is they want to get karl out of dodge before the congress starts getting out all his dirty laundry. my mom's theory is that he wants to start making more appearances on fox, become more of an out-in-the-open attack dog.

I'm sure there is an ulterior motive-but what that is is yet to be seen.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/13/07 at 6:21 pm

He shouldn't have said that.  It makes it sound like he didn't quit.  "I want to spend more time with my family" is what they all say when they get sh*tcanned!

It's up there with "The light was yellow" and "She said she was 18"!
;D

Written By: Tia on 08/13/07 at 6:24 pm

He shouldn't have said that.  It makes it sound like he didn't quit.  "I want to spend more time with my family" is what they all say when they get sh*tcanned!
it never even occurred to me to think he mighta been fired! that adds a whole new twist. hmm....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/13/07 at 7:27 pm

it never even occurred to me to think he mighta been fired! that adds a whole new twist. hmm....

Who says Rove even really quit? 
Maybe Rove's dirtiest tricks are yet to come and they figure he can't get fingered if: "Karl don't work here no more!"
:o

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/14/07 at 7:43 am

http://www.erocc.net/roverumsfeld.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/14/07 at 8:20 pm

I'm not the first to say so and I won't be the last.  Rove got it wrong.  After 9/11 he advised partisan rock-throwing--the "If yer not with us you're agin' us" mentality. 

If Dubya had refused to respond to any attacks from the opposition and declared it a national imperitive to forget our petty differences and love one another as Americans, the ranks of the Republican party would have swelled like a Ronald Reagan wet dream!

Dubya just isn't that type of guy.  He's a mean-spirited frat boy at heart.  That's why he let "turd blossom" direct him for thirty years.  Daddy Bush once fire Rove!  Whatever George HW Bush was in the '70s, he was too classy a guy for turd blossom's dirty tricks.  Oh yeah, and Watergate was in the rearview.  Republicans were leery of dirty tricks for Tricky Dick cost them dearly!
::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/14/07 at 9:50 pm

You'd have to torture Rove to tell all he knows.  If that happened it would bring down the Republican house of cards so fast it would make heads spin.  It is kind of disappointing he didn't stick around long enough to be dragged through the coals.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/15/07 at 1:27 pm

You'd have to torture Rove to tell all he knows.  If that happened it would bring down the Republican house of cards so fast it would make heads spin.  It is kind of disappointing he didn't stick around long enough to be dragged through the coals.

He isn't off the hook. There was an article in my paper today that say that Pat Leahy is NOT going to let him go quietly.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070815/NEWS03/708150365/1004/NEWS03

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/15/07 at 6:20 pm

He's gone....

Let's throw a party!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/15/07 at 6:33 pm

He's gone....

Let's throw a party!

I will throw a party when he is behind bars (and I don't mean serving beer on tap either) in an orange jumpsuit.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/15/07 at 7:50 pm

He isn't off the hook. There was an article in my paper today that say that Pat Leahy is NOT going to let him go quietly.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070815/NEWS03/708150365/1004/NEWS03

Cat

Atta boy, Pat!

Oh, is Leahy's past free of marital indescretions and brushes with law?  If not, he better brace himself!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/16/07 at 12:31 pm

Atta boy, Pat!

Oh, is Leahy's past free of marital indescretions and brushes with law?  If not, he better brace himself!

I haven't heard anything of Pat's past indiscretions. That's not saying that he has any-it is just that I have never heard of them.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/16/07 at 7:28 pm

I haven't heard anything of Pat's past indiscretions. That's not saying that he has any-it is just that I have never heard of them.

Cat

Look what they did to John Kerry.
The only things Rove knows how to do are lie, cheat, and smear people.
The media declared Rove a great political strategist, but where is that message coming from?  The liar himself!
Remember, he's a rat, and a rat will do anything to survive!
::)

Written By: danootaandme on 08/17/07 at 5:36 am

Rove aint't goin' anywhere.  This is to feed the media and comfort the people.  He will just not be in the White House in a physical sense, he still can do all that he wants to do from home, and he probably worked himself a generous bonus for this little ploy.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/17/07 at 10:30 am

Rove aint't goin' anywhere.  This is to feed the media and comfort the people.  He will just not be in the White House in a physical sense, he still can do all that he wants to do from home, and he probably worked himself a generous bonus for this little ploy.

AND a Medal of Freedom.  ::)

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/17/07 at 4:58 pm

Oliver North got fired, and yet in uniform and maintained an office in the Reagan White House.

As Bobcat Goldthwaite remarked about Ollie North:
"I've been fired from numerous jobs, but you don't see me tooling around in a Burger King uniform!"

Check for new replies or respond here...