» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Petraeus to issue his report on the US escalation in iraq -- on 9/11!

Written By: Tia on 08/24/07 at 7:48 am

i remember hearing rumors about this and literally not believing it -- evidently petraeus is going to be delivering his report about the US military escalation in iraq on September 11. the official story on this is that it’s a coincidence but the bush administration has long struggled to put together a link between iraq and 9/11 that isn’t there, and failing to put together a reasoned argument for this, they appear to be just trying to entrain the public to associate one with the other in the collective subconscious.

i think this will backfire on the bush administration because it’s important that the petraeus report appear to be unbiased and this revoltingly gimmicky move is just going to make the whole affair look like a dog-and-pony show. it reeks of the basest form of propaganda.

http://www.perrspectives.com/blog/archives/000727.htm

Subject: Re: Petraeus to issue his report on the US escalation in iraq -- on 9/11!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/24/07 at 6:44 pm

i remember hearing rumors about this and literally not believing it -- evidently petraeus is going to be delivering his report about the US military escalation in iraq on September 11. the official story on this is that it’s a coincidence but the bush administration has long struggled to put together a link between iraq and 9/11 that isn’t there, and failing to put together a reasoned argument for this, they appear to be just trying to entrain the public to associate one with the other in the collective subconscious.

i think this will backfire on the bush administration because it’s important that the petraeus report appear to be unbiased and this revoltingly gimmicky move is just going to make the whole affair look like a dog-and-pony show. it reeks of the basest form of propaganda.

Meh, like the folks back home say, "What do you expect from a pig but a grunt?"

Subject: Re: Petraeus to issue his report on the US escalation in iraq -- on 9/11!

Written By: danootaandme on 08/25/07 at 5:50 am

There was a report that Petraeus himself would not be writing the report.  He will give his information to the White House and someone there will write up the report for him.  If he allows this to happen we well see what kind of many he really is.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/25/07 at 12:14 pm

http://www.tfhp.org/images/tinfoil-hat.jpg

Written By: Tia on 08/25/07 at 12:28 pm

http://www.tfhp.org/images/tinfoil-hat.jpg
no, it's just the crassest, basest exploitation of a national tragedy for political gain imaginable. but as max said, for these characters it's par for the course.

unless you really think it's  coincidence. yes or no, do you think it's a coincidence that they're throwing this thing on 9/11? i'd be curious to hear you really think it's a coincidence.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/25/07 at 2:15 pm

It is conspiracy but not secretive conspiracy.  It's right out in the open.  These guys have been carrying on the same way for seven years and nobody has stopped them; in fact, they've pledged not to.  So why should they tell secrets?

Written By: philbo on 08/28/07 at 6:19 am

...they appear to be just trying to entrain the public to associate one with the other in the collective subconscious.

I wrote this about precisely that sort of subconscious connection - ISTM that there has been a conscious effort from Bush and cohorts to try and create that effect (call it a "conspiracy" if you like, the effect is definitely measurable.. the only thing open to question is whether it came about by accident or not)

Check for new replies or respond here...