» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Alberto Gonzales resigns

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/27/07 at 7:30 am

I just woke up and heard this on C-SPAN.  No articles to link to just yet, but according to the New York Times, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales is to announce his retirment this morning, 8/27/07.

I wish he had quit a few months ago and saved us all a big nuisance.
::)

Oh, wait a minute, here's one:
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/08/27/gonzales-resigns/

Looks like Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff is the White House's #1 candidate to replace Gonzales.  Think Progress?  More like Think Stupid!
:D

Subject: Re: Alberto Gonzales resigns

Written By: Davester on 08/27/07 at 8:27 am

Guess Gonzo wasn't wearing his bullet-proof vest...

Enter Chertoff.  Garbage out, garbage in... ::)

Written By: Tia on 08/27/07 at 10:28 am

chertoff's confirmation hearings should be highly amusing.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/07 at 10:55 am

Rats abandoning a sinking ship.

Cat

Written By: GWBush2004 on 08/27/07 at 1:15 pm

``He has exhibited a lack of candor with Congress and the American people and a disdain for the rule of law and our constitutional system. I strongly urge President Bush to nominate a new attorney general who will respect our laws....'' - Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass.

http://boortz.com/images/chappaquiddick_car.jpg

Written By: Tia on 08/27/07 at 1:21 pm

someone say edward kennedy? cue chappaquiddick!

(i feel pretty sure i spelled it wrong but i can't be bothered to look it up.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/27/07 at 5:21 pm

someone say edward kennedy? cue chappaquiddick!

(i feel pretty sure i spelled it wrong but i can't be bothered to look it up.)

Did somebody mention a Republican even other Republicans can't defend?  Cue Chappaquiddick.

(We conscientious conservatives respect Mary Jo's family and we would never use their daughter's tragic death for cheap political retort!)

chertoff's confirmation hearings should be highly amusing.

Nah, Chertoff is a spoiled ballot.  I'm thinking mmmmaybe....Ted Olson!  He may be a sneaky partisan trickster, BUT his wife died in the 9/11 attacks...so you can't badmouth him!

Giggidy-giggidy-giggidy-gigg...awriiight!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/ylsuper.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/27/07 at 9:40 pm

I wish he had quit a few months ago and saved us all a big nuisance.

Oh, he did.  He just failed to recall that he quit.  Then he quit again, but forgot to sign his resignation.  He's probably forgotten that he had a press conference announcing his resignation this morning, but if he did quit this morning, he's sure that today's resignation is definitely not the resignation that's been called for by dozens of Senators on both sides of the aisle for the past month. 

Anyone wanna make odds that Harriet Miers is his replacement? 

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/27/07 at 9:42 pm

If I were running against Teddy Kennedy I would take the high road.

At the beginning of my campaign I would call a press conference and anounce "I am going to run a clean campaign here.  Never worry, I will NOT resort to rubbing ol' Ted's nose in the story of Chappaquiddick and how poor Mary Jo was drowned and her lide ended in such a heinous manner."

And at the beginning of each debate I would reaffirm my stance to "not dredge up the story of chappaquidick and Mary Jo's drowning."

Somebody has to set the standards for clean campaigning.  May as well be me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/27/07 at 10:32 pm

Oh, he did.  He just failed to recall that he quit.  Then he quit again, but forgot to sign his resignation.  He's probably forgotten that he had a press conference announcing his resignation this morning, but if he did quit this morning, he's sure that today's resignation is definitely not the resignation that's been called for by dozens of Senators on both sides of the aisle for the past month. 

Anyone wanna make odds that Harriet Miers is his replacement? 

I wouldn't put it past Dubya.
I wouldn't put it past Dubya to nominat Gonzo to the Supreme Court either!
Or to appoint Michale "Brownie" Brown as Surgeon General!

Check for new replies or respond here...