» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Homeland Security: Not Applicable to Military Aircraft

Written By: Red Ant on 09/05/07 at 3:37 pm

Having flown recently, I have dealt with Homeland Security up close and personal.

All liquids must be in 3oz or smaller containers and inside those explosion proof Ziploc bags. A bottle of Aquafina that you bring is obviously a bomb, so you have to throw it away (the janitors at airports must also be EOD experts). Past the security checkpoint, you can buy a bottle of Aquafina that has been certified by the DOEB (Department of Excessive Bulls***) to be completely safe. Any sharp instruments you try to carry on is grounds to be body cavity searched, repeatedly, for hours. And:

If you make anything resembling a joke about a bomb on a plane, you are shot on sight.

Okay, so I stetch the truth a *bit*, but the following is no joke:

Nuclear Bombs Mistakenly Fly Over U.S.

It's comforting to know that the country would go to Death Con 11 if I inadvertently brough a can of mace on a puddlejumper, but it's just a "mistake" when 6 nuclear warheads are somehow left on a B-52 Bomber that flies over several states.

Lovely.

Ant

Subject: Re: Homeland Security: Not Applicable to Military Aircraft

Written By: philbo on 09/05/07 at 4:19 pm

Lucky they didn't realize half-way, panic and push 'em out over Washington DC :)

You know all the stuff you can't take on-board these days?  A while back, I made a little list ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/05/07 at 5:10 pm

Homeland Security is such a f***ing joke.  ::)

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/05/07 at 7:36 pm

Having flown recently, I have dealt with Homeland Security up close and personal.

All liquids must be in 3oz or smaller containers and inside those explosion proof Ziploc bags. A bottle of Aquafina that you bring is obviously a bomb, so you have to throw it away (the janitors at airports must also be EOD experts). Past the security checkpoint, you can buy a bottle of Aquafina that has been certified by the DOEB (Department of Excessive Bulls***) to be completely safe. Any sharp instruments you try to carry on is grounds to be body cavity searched, repeatedly, for hours. And:

If you make anything resembling a joke about a bomb on a plane, you are shot on sight.

Okay, so I stetch the truth a *bit*, but the following is no joke:

Nuclear Bombs Mistakenly Fly Over U.S.

It's comforting to know that the country would go to Death Con 11 if I inadvertently brough a can of mace on a puddlejumper, but it's just a "mistake" when 6 nuclear warheads are somehow left on a B-52 Bomber that flies over several states.

Lovely.

Ant

"Plan R?  Goldie, didn't I say I didn't want no horsin' around on the plan?"
--Major Kong

Check for new replies or respond here...