» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Fred Thompson Officially Enters

Written By: GWBush2004 on 09/06/07 at 5:37 pm

http://www.fred08.com/index.aspx

What's everyone here think about Fred Thompson, who made it official last night on Jay Leno?  Even though he just entered, he's in the top-tier of candidates, polling in second place nationally (22%), just behind current frontrunner Rudy Giuliani (24%).  He's already got the lead in the polls in some states like South Carolina too.

Subject: Re: Fred Thompson Officially Enters

Written By: La Roche on 09/06/07 at 5:44 pm

I'm not a fan. My support is still fully behind Giuliani.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/06/07 at 7:02 pm

We don't need another show biz presidency. 

I don't think it bodes well for conservatism for their candidate to duck out of debates and announce on the Tonight Show.

On the other hand, anybody would be better than Dubya at this point.  That's a plus for all the candidates.  The bar is set so low a flea couldn't limbo under it!
::) 

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/10/07 at 6:29 pm

I'm not certain I agree with a whole lot of what Fred Thompson stands for, but I saw him on C-SPAN the other day at a campaign stop in Davenport, Iowa and I thought he was a very effective and engaging public speaker. He seemed to have the same ability to connect with "common folk" that Bill Clinton had, and I think he's going to be a very formidable candidate.

Should be really interesting to see how he does in the debates, especially against Rudy Giuliani.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/10/07 at 6:40 pm

I'm not certain I agree with a whole lot of what Fred Thompson stands for, but I saw him on C-SPAN the other day at a campaign stop in Davenport, Iowa and I thought he was a very effective and engaging public speaker. He seemed to have the same ability to connect with "common folk" that Bill Clinton had, and I think he's going to be a very formidable candidate.

Should be really interesting to see how he does in the debates, especially against Rudy Giuliani.

Thompson played a recurring character on Law & Order.  Rudy played himself as a guest star on Law & Order.  And THAT makes all the difference in the world!

Thompson do heap good in American politics.  Him big Hollywood star!  Him one tall drink o' water!
:D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/10/07 at 8:50 pm

Thompson played a recurring character on Law & Order.  Rudy played himself as a guest star on Law & Order.  And THAT makes all the difference in the world!

Thompson do heap good in American politics.  Him big Hollywood star!  Him one tall drink o' water!
:D
Yeah, but really, they're all a bunch of actors. Every last one of them. They're all up there trying to act "presidential."

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/10/07 at 9:25 pm

Wow, I still really wish that Ron Paul would have a chance...he's the candidate for me.

Written By: Red Ant on 09/10/07 at 10:14 pm

Wow, I still really wish that Ron Paul would have a chance...he's the candidate for me.

Yeah, me too.

I liked Fred Thompson on L&O and in Hunt For Red October, but I don't know about for prez...

Ant

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 09/10/07 at 10:20 pm

Yeah, me too.

I liked Fred Thompson on L&O and in Hunt For Red October, but I don't know about for prez...

Ant

I know what you mean.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/10/07 at 10:23 pm

Yeah, me too.

Ant

Sure, they said that about a guy who was in "Hellcats of the Navy" and "Bedtime for Bonzo," well let me tell you something buddy....
:o

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/11/07 at 5:41 am

Fred has shown great wisdom and political savvy in how he handles legal matters in New Yorik City.  So he's got a shot at this thing.

Check for new replies or respond here...