» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: US film pulled over McCann case

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/13/07 at 6:22 am

From BBC News Online:

A US film about a four-year-old girl's disappearance has had its UK release shelved because of similarities to the Madeleine McCann case.

Gone Baby Gone, the directorial debut of actor Ben Affleck, had been due to be released on 28 December.

Distributor Buena Vista International, however, has postponed it indefinitely.

Madeline O'Brien, who plays the missing girl in Gone Baby Gone, bears a close resemblance to Madeleine McCann, who disappeared in Portugal on 3 May.

Read the full report here.

Subject: Re: US film pulled over McCann case

Written By: Tia on 09/13/07 at 6:53 am

the portuguese police are getting ready to hand this case over to a prosecutor to see if there's enough evidence to charge the parents. i wonder if that has anything to do with it.

yeah, it seems a little unseemly to make a movie about this and profit from it when it's still such an open situation.

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/13/07 at 2:23 pm

Well the movie was made a long time ago,and the way things seem fishy now about the parents,i don't think it would really be a big deal for the film to open in December. If by that time there's no conclusion to this case then yes it shouldn't open. 

I tell you one thing,i was in Portugal when the little girl dissapeared,we were all so supportive of the parents,random people all over the country were looking for Madeleine trying to help,if it turns Kate and Gerry are really behind her disappearance,everyone will feel so hurt and angry.

Written By: philbo on 09/13/07 at 2:41 pm

How does the film end?  Did the parents do it?

Now we'll never know...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/13/07 at 6:30 pm

Coming Soon:

"If We Did It"
by McCann & McCann

::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/14/07 at 2:08 am

There are some sensational reports on the McCann Missing Child Case and this reports are still hearsay, so until proven or further developments have been resolved, I am locking this thread.

Check for new replies or respond here...